|16|

|Rewind : Another Shot At Love|
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Rewind #16:

That was the last day she saw him (he had to go to America after all, the first stop on their mostly awaited World Tour) and it would be a definite lie to say that she didn’t miss him (because she did, terribly). Even though he had lied to her, hiding his past relationship from her, she couldn’t find it in her heart to hate him.

She couldn’t.

She just loved him that much. Then again, the time they had apart from each other helped her see things clearly, helped her realize that as much as she tried she could never burry the strong feelings she harbored for him. Seeing how she kept on wondering if he was eating properly or skipping his meals, if he was tiring himself or not. Those simple thoughts kept on crossing her mind and she hoped that he was maintaining his health despite their constant movements from one place to another.

She kept on receiving messages from a certain someone, who kept her updated on their health and on their practices while reminding her (numerous times) not to skip any of her meals and not to let the stress get to her (after all, her finals were right around the corner). She couldn’t help but wonder if the little maknae had been appointed by Myungsoo himself, to watch over her (even if it was only via text messages whenever he had some free time) and that simple thought made her heart swell with joy.

Today is the day, the day things go back to the way they were. To the way they should be, I suppose.

I believe I have failed my mission.

 I ended up hurting her again, the only person who means the world to me. I ended up making her cry again, after I swore that I would make things better.

But maybe things were meant to be this way.

Maybe we weren’t meant to be together after all.

She deserves to be with someone who’ll only make her smile, who’ll be the reason for her laughter and not her tears. Someone who’ll truly cherish her and not take her for granted like I did. And as much as it hurts me to admit it, she’s better off with Woohyun than me.

Myungsoo looks up at the star studded sky. A few hours ago, they had landed safely in Seoul and as soon as he dropped off his bags at the dorm, he had decided to take a walk to let off some steam and to re-organize his tangled thoughts, silently dreading the minute the clock would strike midnight.

Ironically his feet took him to the place it all started, the Han River.

He must be with her right now, holding her, taking care of her the way I should have.

He couldn’t be more wrong. The brunette sat quietly by her desk revising her notes for the umpteenth time that day, occasionally taking a sip of coffee, letting the bitter taste calm her senses, preventing her from falling into a deep slumber. Her final exam was coming up and she had to ready herself for it. Her thoughts occasionally drifted to a dashing young man, whose dark orbs were engraved in her mind and soul.

He must be in the dorm right now or better yet he must be sleeping away the exhaustion the trip brought. Mel shook her head, trying to get rid of these unnecessary thoughts that swarmed her mind. Stop thinking about him and just focus on studying. Passing your finals should be your top priority. Get it together Mel!

She glanced at the neatly written mathematical equation (God, she really hated math) and tightened her hold on her pencil readying herself to solve it. She kept on staring at it for five minutes straight, page blank, mind filled with thoughts of him. Damn it!   

She slammed her pencil on the wooden desk.

This is all your fault Kim Myungsoo!

“What’s with the forlorn look mini-me?”

Myungsoo spun around and came face to face with his older self.

“You”

The latter simply winked.

“Miss me?”

Rolling his eyes, the young man snickered.

“The hell I would”

Putting his hands in his pocket, the older male sighed.

“Still with that nasty attitude I see”

Myungsoo turned around and fixed his gaze on the serene movement of the water.

“Shut up”

He quietly mumbled, wanting so desperately

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter