|11|

|Rewind : Another Shot At Love|
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mel kept on walking back and forth trying to calm her nerves, this was the very first time she would be performing in front of a large audience, she usually played the piano in front of Myungsoo (who would nag her to do so by the way) but now she wasn’t going to perform in front of one person only but in front of a hundred or so.

She was currently regretting her decision of participating in the fall festival (yes, oddly enough her college held different festivals in order to welcome each season wholeheartedly) and she wouldn’t have said yes in the first place if it wasn’t for her friends who signed up her name without her knowing. And Myungsoo wasn’t of much help he just pushed her forward stating that she shouldn’t hide her talent from the rest of the world (trust him to be always right).

Glancing once again at Myungsoo’s message, she felt her heart skip a beat or two as a light smile graced her features.

I wouldn’t miss it for the world.

By now, she was definitely grinning like a maniac, the mere thought of having him there; cheering for her made all of her uneasiness vanish into thin air. She knew he had a hectic schedule to balance but seeing how he made sure to clear his plans just for her, made her feel all the more special. Looking up, Mel locked eyes with a pair of blue orbs.

Her friend, who happened to be the opening act of the show, was quite amused with the girl’s odd expression.

“Thinking of “Death note boy” again aren’t we?”

She inquired highly entertained with Mel’s dazed state.

Snapping out of her thoughts, the brunette violently shook her head, denying her friend’s words.

“Oh come on, if I had such a hot boyfriend as well, my mind would only be filled with thoughts of him”

She playfully winked at her and in response Mel’s face immediately flushed at the mere thought of Myungsoo, let alone about being the lucky girl who could call him her own.

“He’s not my boyfriend!”

I wish he was though, sadly he only sees me as a friend, nothing more and nothing less.

“Yeah, yeah”

“He’s not”

“Okay”

Sora wasn’t buying her words; she obviously knew that the two shared something special. The feelings were there she could tell (anyone with a good eye can) but they weren’t yet acknowledged by the both of them, well maybe not both, maybe just by one particular young man. (Then again she could be wrong)

“Keep telling yourself that”

Mel shot a glare at her friend who in return raised her hands in surrender.

Sora heard her name being called; she swiftly stood up from her seat and headed for the stage.

“Guess it’s my turn”

She turned around and smiled reassuringly at Mel who looked as if she just saw a ghost (figures she had to perform right after Sora).

“Don’t worry, you’ll do fine”

Mel nodded as a light smile formed on her lips.

“Wish me luck”

 “Good luck”

Mel called out after her disappearing figure.

She sighed as she went to sneak a peek at the audience (a bad idea might I add) since as soon as her eyes landed on the packed room her heart began racing rapidly.

“Exhale, Inhale Mel you’ll do fine”

Her eyes scanned the audience looking for a familiar face, she furrowed her eyebrows.

“Where is he?”

Myungsoo was nowhere in sight, well he couldn’t publicly show himself since his presence would cause an uproar but there was no sign of his black hooded figure.

He couldn’t have bailed on her, could he?

She furiously shook her head.

No, Myungsoo wouldn’t do such a thing he promised her that he’ll come and he’s a man of his promises.

Mel nodded her head agreeing with her statement.

“He’s late that’s all, he’ll be here, he will, he promised”

He promised.

Biting her lip, the young girl made her way towards the piano. She dreaded the silence that consumed the entire hall waiting to be dispelled by the sound of her soothing notes (the feeling of having all eyes on her, deeply burning her flesh and criticizing her every move rendered her into a nervous wreck). It’ll be okay, it will. She kept on repeating those words in her head wanting so desperately to believe them. She took a deep breath and placed her trembling hands on the keyboard, letting her eyes roam one more time across the room, she spotted a familiar hooded figure whose eyes read the words “you can do it”.

A serene feeling crept upon her, washing all of her anxiety and nervousness away. Her lips curved upwards, forming a smile as her hands magically started moving on their own creating a beautiful melody that resonated throughout the hall. Slowly closing her eyes, she let herself get swayed by the music.

He came.

As soon as her last note quietly danced in the air soothing the listeners’ ears, the room erupted into applause. Mel gracefully stood up from her seat and bowed her head in respect (that same smile never once leaving her face) before stepping behind the curtains.

Right when her feet made contact with the wooden floor of the waiting room, she felt strong arms snake around her waist pulling her into a warm embrace. Nuzzling her head into the broad welcoming chest, taking in that sweet

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter