|3|

|Rewind : Another Shot At Love|
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Woohyun-ah”

The young man took a sip of his mug, letting the bitterness of the black coffee fill his senses, he hummed in response and shot a glance at Mel who was slightly fidgeting in her seat.

“Remember the day of my recital?”

The young man stiffened for a mere moment dreading the outcome of this conversation but nodded his head none the less as a sign for her to continue and so she did.

“That day Myungsoo hadn’t come as he promised he would. And you guys said he had family issues to attend to…”

Mel tightened her grip on the black mug she was holding, black his favorite color, it’s ironic how every single thing reminds her of him. She took a deep breath enjoying the smell of the freshly brewed coffee; she never liked the bitter taste to be honest but a special someone made her accustomed to it and ironically the taste fitted perfectly with her current mood. She was lost, broken, empty and most importantly cold. She was numb, she couldn’t feel, she couldn’t smile, she couldn’t laugh, all she could do was cry which made her feel even more pathetic and useless.

“You were lying back then weren’t you?”

Back then she sensed that something was up but decided to ignore the disturbing feeling that was settling in the pit of her stomach but she should have known better, she should have trusted her instinct. How could I’ve been so stupid?

Woohyun sighed as he placed the grey mug on the coffee table; he looked up at a pained pair of hazel orbs.

“He was with her wasn’t he?”

 

 

“Oppa you remember what day it is tomorrow, right?”

The brunette beamed at the young man who occupied the seat that was across from her, the smell of the freshly baked pastries filled her nostrils as the soft music that was playing in the background soothed her nerves, the two best friends were sitting in a small bakery, one that not many frequented which made it easy for them to meet and not be wary of others, they were mostly alone with two or three couples scattered around who didn’t pay much attention to their surroundings. Thus, they were free to act as they please since no pack of enthusiastic fan girls would come knocking down their way disturbing the precious time (which was limited seeing Myungsoo’s busy schedule) they had together.

The handsome man furrowed his eyebrows feigning an ignorant state.

“Tomorrow what’s so special about tomorrow?”

He bit his lip, keeping the laugh that was threatening to come out on its own in store as Mel’s smile was wiped away from her face. She slightly pouted, which he found utterly cute by the way, before raising an eyebrow at the amused Myungsoo.

“Don’t tell me you forgot”

Her shoulders deflated as her face darkened with each word he spoke.

“Forgot? Forgot what?”

He was truly enjoying making her angry. He really liked teasing her and couldn’t deny the fact that she looked quite adorable even when she was mad.

“Ya Kim Myungsoo!”

She pinched the bridge of her nose trying to keep her cool; she really wanted to lash out on him, how could he forget her special day? What kind of best friend is he?

A soft chuckle (which sounded like a harmonious melody to her ears) resonated throughout the place, Mel’s pout deepened.

“What’s so funny?”

She inquired finding nothing amusing what so ever.

“You”

He pointed as a smile graced his beautiful features.

The girl shot him an icy glare.

“I hate you” she whispered angrily not meaning a single word she said.

“I love you too”

He winked at her and that single wink made her heart race on its own.

“And you call yourself my friend”

“Correction your best friend”

She felt a pang in her chest knowing that he would only see her as such.

Myungsoo poked her cheek as he continued smiling.

“Yah don’t pout”

“Why?”

“Because”

You’re being too cute; he wanted to add but refrained from doing so.

“So are you nervous for tomorrow?”

Mel’s eyes widened as she looked at Myungsoo.

“You remember?”

“Of course I do! What kind of best friend would I be if I forgot?”

“A horrible one”

She glanced at him who

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter