|6|

|Rewind : Another Shot At Love|
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Myungsoo kept on walking aimlessly through the busy streets of Seoul; he tugged on the hood of his jacket wanting to keep his identity a secret (an enthusiastic mob of fan girls is the last thing he wanted at the moment) as he kept on walking ignoring the sea of people that surrounded him. He shivered as he felt the cold winter air brush against his skin; a sigh escaped his chapped lips as he buried his hands further into the pockets of his jacket wanting to feel the tiniest bit of warmth.

He was well aware of the wrong things he did, he shouldn’t have lied to her, he should have told her sooner, he should have seen her first, but he didn’t, he simply didn’t, he ran to the girl he thought he loved, to the girl who seemingly cared about him and neglected the one who truly did. He was stupid to even think that nothing would go wrong, that the world would move on as if nothing has happened that their relationship would remain intact, would remain as it always was that she wouldn’t leave his side that she wouldn’t walk away from him. But she did and he had himself to blame for that.

He knew she was hurt by his actions, she tried so hard to mask the hurt she felt maybe it did work on others, but not on him he could always read her like an open book (that’s how he noticed that the so called smile that was plastered on her face when she saw him was by all means fake, no hint of sincerity can be detected at all). I guess in a way he did deserve that, after all he hasn’t been the nicest and loyal friend around, correction best friend. He kept on breaking the promises he made her (as the saying goes promises are meant to be broken right?), he kept on ditching her, coming up with lame excuses, he wasn’t even there for her when she needed him the most, during her first ever performance instead of being there in the midst of the audience rooting for her as promised he was out with his beloved Doyeon.

The last words that came out of her plumb lips kept on being repeated inside his head.

“Take care Myungsoo-ah”

As he kept on seeing the image of her retreating figure, slowly ever so slowly moving away from him, the thing he dreaded the most had happened, he had lost her but he never knew that losing her would be this painful, he never knew that the feelings he had for her were this strong (even stronger than the feelings he had for Doyeon), now she he wouldn’t mind losing, after all their relationship (if it can be called as such) has come to its end while he wouldn’t risk losing Mel, he need her and as stubborn as she may be she needed him as well.

She hates me now, she doesn’t want to see me nor have anything to do with me.

Myungsoo sighed in frustration.

But I can’t let her go. No, I won’t let her go. She still loves me I know she does. I’m the only man for her and she knows that, and she’s the only girl I want. She’s the only girl I need. I’m sorry Mel, I’m sorry for not realizing the feelings I had for you sooner, I’m sorry for hurting you, for using you, for neglecting you. But “sorry” can’t fix our damaged relationship now can it? Am I truly too late? Did I truly lose you? Did I?

Myungsoo was too caught up in his thoughts that he didn’t notice that his legs were leading him to a familiar building.

It’s ironic how the universe conspires against her when she least expects it, she had started her day with a bright mood but an unexpected meeting with an unwanted person (who goes by the name of Kim myungsoo) has turned her day upside down.

Why did he even come? Why? Couldn’t he have gotten the hint and stayed away?

Mel sighed as she glanced at the clock, 6:00 pm, she looked at the untouched sheet of paper that was neatly placed on the coffee table and the numerous books that were sprawled all over the couch, she had an essay that was due in three weeks and being the diligent student she is, she wanted to finish it way before the chosen deadline and she already had all the information she needed to do so but she couldn’t write a single sentence on that white piece of paper. A certain someone had been occupying her mind all day long preventing her from forming a coherent thought or sentence.

She knew it was too soon for her to be over him, after all she had liked him more like loved him for a year and a half and these kind of feelings can’t be removed in a mere second, but she was slowly getting there (thanks to Woohyun that is) she was slowly forgetting about him (and she would be lying if she said that she didn’t have the least bit of feelings for Woohyun, since she did, but they were still growing and weren’t as strong as the ones she has for Myungsoo). Everything was going smoothly, well that was until she saw him again, it’s as if she was back at square one, as if all her effort had gone to waste since as soon as she laid eyes on him her heart started to beat furiously in her chest (he still had that effect on her after all).

A tiny part of her knew very well that she missed him, missed his dazzling features, his laugh, his smile, his warm touch, she had missed her best friend, her Myungsoo but that’s the thing he wasn’t hers to begin with, she didn’t own him, but she did love him and still does ( a part of her does).

But she already made up her mind; she chose to move on (and she didn’t mind having Woohyun next to her as she did, he was the only person she could trust at the moment).

A light knock on her wooden door made her snap out of her thoughts, her lips curved into a small smile as she gingerly went to open the door( she couldn’t wait to see Woohyun again, although a short amount of time has passed since she had last seen him she missed him greatly).

But as she locked eyes with the person who stood at the doorway, her smile immediately vanished and was replaced by a slight frown.

“Myungsoo?”

They both ended up on her balcony enjoying the cool night air

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter