|5|

|Rewind : Another Shot At Love|
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A small smile crept onto the brunette’s face as her hazel orbs scanned the incoming message that was sent her way.                                                            

Good luck on your exams, your namu’s always here cheering for you! Fighting!                                                                                                                        The man who misses you dearly,

Mel nodded her head as she pumped her fist in the air letting out a soft “Fighting!”

She was touched that Woohyun had remembered that her finals were just around the corner; (in two days to be exact) since she remembers mentioning it to him a long time ago. Yeah, the two have become incredibly close in such a short amount of time, they would text each other frequently (whenever Woohyun was free of course) and would talk about the small events (as insignificant as they may be) that graced their daily lives. Woohyun would tell her about the beautiful scenery that he had seen in America, stating that it would have been even more magical if she was there by his side (which would make her blush furiously), he would also narrate animatedly the funny mishaps they all faced during their concert preparations (which would send her into a laughing frenzy) and he would brag about the numerous fans that he had met (who chose him as their favorite member in all of Infinite) in hopes that she’ll get the slightest bit jealous, but she would only end up rolling her eyes and snickering at his big ego.

While he, listened patiently to her ongoing nagging about the huge pile of exams and projects that were thrown her way, he would always make her smile whenever she was down (making sure to not let her thoughts wonder towards a certain someone). Ironically, his voice, yes, his simple voice and the little messages he would sent would always brighten up her day no matter how crappy it was.

Mel smiled once again. She was happy; for once she was truly happy.

She had found comfort in Woohyun’s open arms and in no time had grown incredibly attached to him.

Now, her mind would occasionally drift towards Myungsoo (who had tried calling her several times, but she just didn’t have the courage to answer him, why? Because she was afraid of growing weak in the knees at the sound of his voice) but the hurt she used to feel whenever she thought about him was slowly subsiding (she had Woohyun to thank for that).

Did she hate Myungsoo? No, maybe if she had been asked that question several weeks ago her answer would have been a definite yes. But now, after she cooled off and looked objectively at the matters at hand she realized that she had been a little selfish for claiming him to be hers when he clearly wasn’t, for hating him when he hadn’t done anything wrong (she just hated the fact that she had to find out about this relationship of his on the internet and not from the said person himself and she truly hated the fact that he hid this matter from her, from his own best friend) But then again, who was she to know? She was his friend that’s true but that doesn’t make her entitle of knowing every little thing about him. She was, no, is, his friend nothing more and nothing less and if her friend is happy then she should be happy as well, right?

So she chose to let it go, to let go of the feelings she had buried down deep within her, to finally move on. And so she is, she is slowly moving forward. She loved Myungsoo, a part of her still does and it’ll be hard for her to forget about him but she’ll try, she owes herself at least that much.

Mel glanced at the thick economics’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter