XVIII Someday Part Never?

The Happy Ending

"Hello~~!" Hyejung cheerfully said as she saw her daughter along with Dara and Jiyong having breakfast in the dining table.

"Omma!" Haru rushed to her mom. Hyejung welcomed her with open arms and carried her, jumping up and down excitedly.

"Aigoo, you always do this." Tablo said.  She then joined in on the family hug. The two on the dining table can't help but smile at the happy family.

"How was it babysitting Haru?" Tablo asked the two as they separated from the family hug.

"It was really nice. Haru is such a big ball of energy." Dara said, smiling and looking at Haru who was still clinging to her mom.

"I bet you got really tired?" Hyejung said.

"I'd say Jiyong got really tired. The two of them really had their own world while I do all the housework," she saud, laughing lightly.

"Oh, I know how you feel. That's about how she and Tablo are everyday when we're all here. I'd say expect that in the future with your kids as well." Hyejung replied, laughing as well.

"Well, it's been a real pleasure babysitting Haru for you guys," Jiyong said, standing up. Dara stood up as well, about to clean up the table when Hyejung stopped her.

"You've already done more than enough, I'll take care of that." She put Haru down and proceeded to cleaning the table.

Haru then poked Jiyong on the arms, which caused him to look at the little girl.

"Promise you would come back? We can play with my fishes again." she said, full of aegyo, to him.

Jiyong squated down so as to meet Haru's eye level. "Of course I'll come back! Don't worry, I'll bring more fishes next time okay?" He raised his hand for a hi-five.

"Okay." Haru said, clapping her hands with his.

"Bye Haru! We'll come back soon, okay?" Dara said her goodbye as well. Haru hugged her while telling her to come back soon. The family walked Dara and Jiyong to the door, and as soon as the doors were closed, the two were enveloped by silence. The walk to the elevator, the elevator ride to the basement parking, the walking to the car, and even a few minutes after the car has been running... Nothing but silence.

Dara didn't know what to do. It frustrates and angers her at the same time. She's so frustrated because she really wants to be mad at Jiyong for everything he's done the night before and for not even trying to talk to her, but she really feels like something really big is happening right now and that frustrated her more. So as much as she really wants Jiyong to do the first move, she couldn't take the silence anymore.

"Are you okay?" She said, softly and a little awkwardly.

"What?" He said, a little out of himself.

"I said are you okay? You've been kind of not you all morning." She said, still a little awkwardly but louder this time.

"Not me? What does not me mean?" He answered, a little irritably.

"You know, you've been really gloomy, and you haven't talked to me all morning."

"Just because I'm a little gloomy and haven't talked to you all morning doesn't mean I've been kind of not me." He replied angrily.

"And now you're angry. What are you so angry about?" She said, raising her voice a little.

"I'm not angry." He said, teeth clenched.

"Yeah, right. Why don't you just tell me why?"

"I'm not angry!" He said, shouting.

"Cause shouting isn't a sign of anger!" She said, shouting back.

"Dara!" He shouted, pulling over to the curb.

He was about to get out of the car when Dara held her arm to stop her.

"You can't get out! Are you out of your mind?"

"Ugh!" He said, swatting her hands away. "Can a man not have his space?!"

"What is your problem?" Dara said, very angry and very confused. Then her eyes suddenly went as big as it could when Jiyong punched the steering wheel over and over, obviously letting out his anger on the poor thing.

She was shocked. She didn't know how to deal with this. They've had fights before, but he was never angry at her directly. Not like this anyway. He was always just angry about people and their stupid comments about her, about her letting other people treat her in the wrong way, or any other stuff that other people did to her. But today, he blurted out about not having his space as if he was so sick of being with her. Today, she knew, he was angry at her. For whatever reason, she didn't know.

She let him cool off for a bit. After all the punching, he sandwiched his head between his arms and leaned in the steering wheel. When his heavy breaths started to calm down, Dara reached in to touch her. She was really careful and soft when she his arms.

"Hey," she said. When her him didn't bother him, she placed her other hand at his back and started it as well. "It's okay. It's gonna be okay."

"No, it's not okay." Jiyong said coldly, his voice muffled because he still had his head between his arms.

"I don't know what's happening but-"

"You don't know what's happening?" He cut her off, sitting up as well causing Dara's hands to fall back to her side. "When were you going to tell me that Joseph was here?"

"Who?" Dara said, really confused now.

"Were you ever going to tell me?"

"What, who's where?"

"Joseph! Your Joseph! That r from the Philippines! He's here in Seoul!"

"What? When? How did you know?"

"Oh, how did I know? Why, were you going to sneak out with him when we weren't together?"

"What? I didn't even know he was here!"

"Oh, stop it Dara. Really. He already told me."

"Told you what? I haven't even talked to him in years! I don't even have any way of talking to him. Besides, even if I did knew he was here, why would I even keep it from you? You would get mad either way. Don't even know why I would have to know, either. We don't have anything to do with each other now."

"Enough with the talking, I told you he already told me."

"When did you even have the chance to talk to him?"

"Last night. He was in front of the YG building, waiting for me since he didn't know we were still seeing each other. Looks like you know how to juggle guys now, huh?"

"So you met him last night, and you didn't even think about telling me?"

"Don't make this about you. You were the one keeping secrets."

"So is he my ex-boyfriend, or yours? Because he sure as hell did not contact me in any way. He obviously looked for you first when he got here. Maybe you're the one who should be telling me something."

"STOP LYING!!!! I told you he already told me everything!" Jiyong was really angry now, he released his seatbelt and was suddenly on Dara's face. She had to put her hands on his chest to stop him from getting too close.

"And you're just gonna believe him? Him over me? Your girlfriend?"

"I don't even know if I should be calling you that now."

"Are you even serious? Jiyong, we've been together all these years! You only met him last night, and you're believing him?"

"What? You believed Ji Na on your first meeting as well. You didn't know her either."

"Yes, I believed Ji Na, but it was what actually happened. Plus you know Joseph! Not personally, but you know he's my ex. You're telling me you're just gonna believe what my ex told you? You don't even think he has bad intentions? Even Ji Na had bad intentions!"

"Well, he's never lied to me before. I think that's enough to trust him."

"YOU ONLY MET HIM!" She shouted, frustrated. " And, what does that mean?"

"It means that you've lied to me before."

"So you can't trust me? God, Jiyong that was for your own good. I was thinking of your own good."

"I can perfectly take care of myself. If you would've told me earlier, then all those dramas and chasing you around wouldn't have happened."

"Oh, so I when I kept it from you for your own good it was my fault but it was perfectly fine when Ji Na didn't tell you?"

"She had every right to keep it from me, you don't."

Dara just looked at him, open-mouthed. She couldn't even believe what she was hearing. Is this really Jiyong? Is he taking drugs or something? What the hell is happening to him?

"What? You don't." He said, shrugging.

"You know what," Dara said, unbuckling her seatbelt. "I don't think I can deal with you right now. Maybe you should clear your head first, and then we can talk." She picked up her bag and was about to get out of the car.

"Running away, are we? Why, is your Joseph waiting for you?" He said, smirking. His eyes had this evil gleam Dara couldn't even remember seeing before.

"Go home, Jiyong." She got out of the car and slammed the door angrily. She didn't care if anybody sees her or if they figure out that she just got out of Jiyong's car (because she just did, in complete daylight). She was so angry right now, she just hailed a cab and didn't care if Jiyong took off or not. He did take off though, as soon as Dara got out of the car. He drove off in crazy speed, it seemed like he was venting all his anger on kicking the gas.

So much for a great weekend, Dara thought on her way home. In the back of the cab. Alone.

-------------------------------------------------

"Hey, you're home early. Have you and Ji oppa had lunch already?" CL asked the moment she saw Dara coming in earlier than she expected. Knowing those two and the fact that they haven't been free to be with each other for a while, she figured they would have wanted to maximize their opportunities.

"Change of plans," she said dully. CL noticed how tired she looked like.

"Was babysitting Haru that tiring?" She tried to ask cheerfully with a little laugh at the end while Dara was taking off her shoes. She was trying to at least provoke Dara to smile.

"And other things. I'm just gonna be in my room. I haven't really had enough sleep last night."

She failed to make her smile, obviously.

"Oh, okay. Did you need anything?"

"Nope, just want to rest." And in a flash, she closed her bedroom door behind her.

Something obviously happened. Something big. And based on Dara's appearance, it had to have something to do with Jiyong.

 

-------------------------------------------------

a/n: Do you hate me now? Haha. Will update soonest! Comments are welcome as well. Really sorry again for the past weeks! And for this, if it wouldn't make you real happy.

 

Peace out! Newbie writer (still) ~ cescanicolelala