VI.

10 Ways To Break His Heart

Sungyeol

"Sungyeol!" a loud voice shouted near my ear. I groaned and slapped it's owner with a pillow.

Miyoung staggered backward and whacked me with a pillow. "Babo!" she shouted. I laughed and rolled over, in a blink of an eye, I was standing in front of her, her breathing became uneven, her breath smelled of...cupped noodles. I stepped closer but she yelped and grabbed a lampshade.

"Yah!" I yelled and took it away from her. 

"Well, breakfast is ready." she shrugged and walked out. I stood there, totally forgetting the fact that I was not wearing any shirt on. I scartched my head and threw an shirt on. 

"I just don't get it." I declared. "Why do yo have to hit me in the face to wake up?"

"Because you hit me in the face first." she said firmly. I sat on the table and watched her move. Her hair was already tied into a neat bun and she was wearing the apron she found on the closet. I can't believe she wakes up early to cook these....unedible stuff.

"W-wha's this?" I managed, looking down at the burnt pancakes

"Food." she purred, smiling.  I twitched and shook my head. 

"You call this food?" I laughed.

"What a waste. I was about to give you coffee with this." she pouted and took the plate, dragging it away, luckily I managed to grab her wrist.

"Ani, I'll eat it." 

Her eyes beamed up and  sparkled. she jumped all over the place until I finished the 'food'.

 

"Do you want to come with me? I asked as I fix the necktie over my light blue polo.

"Ugh, that's a terrible color." she groaned and scraped through my closet. She pulled out a white collared shirt and turned away. "Where?"

"Dad called. He needs me in the office." I replied, changing my shirt. "Just thought you had nothing to do here, unless you want to go somewhere." 

"Actually...I wanted to go see Myungsoo." she muttered, fixing my tie.

"Oh sure... wait, what?" I half- shouted. Miyoung cringed a bit and smiled. 

"I've thought of it, the last time we encountered him. I'll make him believe I lost my memories."  I shook my head and walked across the room, looking for my phone.

"And what would this accomplish?" I asked, looking at her with a raised brow. 

She simply shrugged. "He'll fall for me again, then I'll dump him." I felt my mouth open. 

"Y'know I was kidding when I advised you to get revenge right?" I said, eye-ing her. She nodded.

"And you told me to do what makes me happy." she shot back.

Hundreds of thoughts flooded my head. Why was I keeping her in? Why would she want revenge?  Isn't being away from him enough?  What if she falls for him again? Why do I care?

"Could I stop you?" I asked. She looked at me for a second and then shook her head. "Then you'll have to tell me everything later." I smiled and headed for the door. Halfway through, I looked back and nodded. "Everything."

 

"G'morning!" I shouted, jumping into the huge car.

"Good morning, sir." Kyung greeted. I looked at him with my eyes twitching. He sighed. "G'morning, Yeol."

I flashed a grin and nodded.  "Much better."  I looked around and grabbed my coffee which is sitting by the window. Ooh, the coffee's got the window seat. "Kyung!" I called.

"Yes, s...Yeol?" he replied formally.

"Do you know why the old man called for me?" I asked, peeking through the box thing that separates the driver and the passenger.  There was a long silence before he replied. I sipped my coffee and pushed him lightly. "Tell meee!" I whined and the car halted.

"Sir! I would suggest you stop doing that. We might get involved in an accident." he mumbled. I crossed my arms and pouted.

"Well, it wouldn't happen if you told me quickly." I argued and he started driving. 

"I'm not in the position to tell you, but I'd assure you, you'd be surprised." he smiled. I huffed and sank back on my seat.

I hate surprises.

 

I walked into the building with my head up. The secretary laughed at me. 

"You really don't fit the arrogant type, Yeollie." she commented. I snarled and looked away. "Give it up." she said and tapped my back.

"Sungyeollie!" the old janitor greeted. I ran and gave him an awkward hug. "My bones had been great, thanks to you." he said and winked at me. I laughed and slapped his shoulders lightly. 

"I don't even feel a thing!" he exclaimed.

"Really? You must've been working out." I replied. Then a hand tapped my back. I turned around and saw my father's secretary. That cranky old lady.

"You're not the only busy person here, Mr. Lee." she snapped. I rolled my eyes and followed her inside.

A long haired girl  sat on the couch inside his office. She turned around and smiled slightly and turned around to cover her face. What's her deal?

"Son, this is Miss Kim Hana." my father said. I smirked at his fake tone and bowed to the girl, offering a hand.

"I'm Lee Sungyeol."

"Kim Hana." she said and reached for my hand. Her's was suprisingly soft,  I leaned lower to get a better look at her face. Heck, she was pretty. Her eyes were sparkly and her lips were blushed with pink. She looked like a princess, but princesses are perfect. And perfect is boring.

"So, what now?" I asked, looking at my father. I lifted my hand but Hana was still gripping it. I used my other hand to hold hers' and puckered it away. She flushed red and sat.

"Miss Kim will be your...new partner." he smiled slyly.

"In what? A business?" 

"In life."

"You've gotta be kindding me, old man." I growled and turned back.

"I'm deeply sorry but I'm afraid you have no other choice."

 

"Oh believe me I do."