XII.

10 Ways To Break His Heart

Sungyeol

"You're here again?" the guard laughed. I hit his shoulder and chuckled.

"The old man misses me, eh?" I noted before shuffling my way to his office. I sighed at the view of Hana sitting beside my father.

"What is it now?" I whined, flopping into the couch. I placed my feet up on the table in front of Hana. Screw her. I thought she was the decent kind of girl but hey, no one's perfect.

"Make Miyoung leave the house." he ordered. I raised an eye brow and walked towards the door.

"Bye." I hissed, dismissing his silly request.

"Make her leave or this will be the last time you'll see her." Hana's high voice rang. I stopped to look at her.

"What?" I gasped, completely disgusted with her words. "Are you threatening her? In front of me?" 

Hana smiled sweetly. "No,dear. I'm just...informing you." 

I rolled my eyes at her and looked back at my father. "An you're letting this happen?" I hissed at him.

"For your future." he replied. I closed my eyes and tried to keep my temper in place.

"You know that's not true, old man. Her company is going down and you're letting her trick you through me. And newsflash, I'm not gonna fall for it. If you want Miyoung out of that house, then include me with her." 

 

-----

Miyoung

"Miyoung-ahhhh" Sungyeol called from the door. I closed my eyes, took a deep breath before continuing to pack.

I shivered when I heard his footsteps nearing. Before I could react, two hands hugged me from behind. It felt warm as always. I could almost feel him closing his eyes before breathing once more. I narrowed my eyes in confusion, why is he not saying anything? He never goes home without talking. 

"You okay?" I asked in an emotionless tone, not meeting his gaze. He released me and sat infron of me as I continued folding my clothes.

"Where are you going?" he asked in a shaky voice. I ignored his question for a moment. He only stared at me with pleading eyes.

After a few minutes, I sighed. "Home." 

He laughed weakly. "Should I drive you there?" 

"I'd rather not." I replied coldly. I walked to the closet and threw the remaining clothes on the bag.

"W-wae?"

"Look, I'm very thankful of your help, Sungyeol. But I want to go home and forget that all of this happened." 

Sungyeol stared at me in shock. "Everything?"

"Yes everything. Now can you stop asking questions?" I said in a loud voice, grunting in annoyance. "Don't worry, I'll pay back everything you spent for me."

"Do you think I want that?" Sungyeol asked in an obviously hurt voice.

"I don't really care about what you want." I said, not looking at him and carried my voice as I start walking out the door.

Sungyeol grabbed ny wrist, making me drop my luggages. I pulled it back but sungyeol's grip was stone hard. He stared at my eyes directly before releasing a shaky breath.

"Why?" he asked.

"Because I don't like it here anymore." I smiled sadly.  Sungyeol blinked slowly. He always do that when he's about to cry. I want to give in and forgot I even did this but it's for his own sake.

"Do you expect me to believe that?" he said, pleading. 

"Yes. You told me you'd do what I tell you right? I want you to get married to Hana and forget about me. I assure you I'd do the same."

He shook his head, trying to get my words out of his head. "Tell me you don't love me. Straight into my eyes, right now." he ordered.

I  gulped before looking at his eyes. "I don't love you." 

I pulled my hand away, carried my bag and left sungyeol in the room. Every step was heavy. Every move made me want to run back to him. Without warning, my eyes prodced tears that raced down on my face, I tried to stop them, wiping them away. I took another deep breath before completely leaving the house.

"Miyoung?" another voice asked.  I wiped the other set of tears before facing it's owner.

"Myungsoo." I asnwered. 

 

-----

 

Sungyeol

I ran after her after recovering from shock. It can't be. She's not that kind of a girl. I ran and ran down the stairs and flipped open the door. Few steps ahead, I saw Miyoung smiling. Beside her was Myungsoo, helping her in the car. I froze again. So it's true.

Dragging myself to my room, I dialed my father's number. 

 

"What did you say to her?"