XIII.

10 Ways To Break His Heart

Sungyeol

"You sure you don't want to invite her?" Hana smiled sadly as she continued packing our bags, preparing to fly to U.S. I looked up from packing picture frames to stare at her.

"Yeah...She won 't go anyway." I smiled. My hand touched something cold, making me look back to the box.

It was Miyoung's picture. She was smiling brightly, running through the white sand in Jeju, as the faint rays of sun flashed on her majestic face. 

"Do you think so?" Hana asked. Darn, she was talking to me.

"What?" 

"I mean...Miyoung's pretty broken, you should visit her, y'know...before we get married." she said, fiddling with her fingers. That was the same thing Miyoung does. I miss her. Aaand, another mental punch coming in. Yes, I feel horrible, I miss her,badly. But when you get to know Hana...she's not as bad as she seems.

"Broken? Why? Wait...how do you know that?" I continued.

"You left her for me, Sungyeol. I know I forced you and I feel bad. Everyone who has feelings will be vroken after what happened." she nodded.

I remained silent and considered it. She's right.

"She's a strong woman. I don't have to visit her, I'll only ruin her more."

 

Miyoung

"W-when will he leave?" I stammered, wiping tears out of my face. I took a deep breath and composed myself. I can't lose my control now, he's getting married and it's the only choice. I was on the way.

"Like I said, tomorrow." Soyeon replied.

"Let him be." I sniffled and continued painting.

 

-----

 

Soyeon sighed in frustration. Miyoung is out of her mind, yes it was the right thing blah blah blah. No it's not. In less than 4 days, including the whole flight and preparations, Sungyeol will be tied to Hana. 

And Miyoung will spend the rest, or half, of her life crying her eyes out, just because she thinks this is Sungyeol's future and some crap like that.

"Hello?" a deep voice on the other line answered, keyboard typing is barely audible.

"It's me, Soyeon." Soyeon replied, leaning against the stone wall.

"Ah, what's up?" he asked gleefully. "Is Miyoung fine now?"

"About that...I was wondering if you could talk to him, Myungsoo." 

"Is this important?" he asked. Myungsoo gulped as soon as he heard her request.

"Very."

"I'm on the way." 

 

-----

 

Miyoung

"Young-ah, Myungsoo's here." Soyeon shouted from outside. Seconds later, Myungsoo is in the room, standing behind me.

"Ah, how are you?" I asked, turning around to face him. Actually, he made himself at home by sitting on my bed...filled with my drafts. "Yah! Don't sit there!" 

He shot up and stumbled on his way before giving me a playful glare.

"What?" I asked defensively.

"Nothing...so, where would I ait?" Myungsoo pouted.

I laughed and motioned to the floor, of course I was joiking, but he sat down there anyway. I nodded and continued my painting.

"So what brigns you here, Myungsoo-sshi?"

"-sshi? Yah, don't fool around." he scolded making me burst into laughter. "Anyway, I came here to talk about Sungyeol."

I frowned and sighed. "You know I don't want to talk about that."

"Oh stop being a coward, Miyounggie." Myungsoo replied. I dropped my paintbrush in shock. 

"Coward?" I repeated, totally out of my mental state. "I'm not."

"Yes you are." Myungsoo pressed on. "I know you're strong, you proved it when I...I did wrong things to you. But you also proved that you are one big idiot, Young-ah. Do you really think I'd fall for that trick? No right? And now, do you really expect me to believe that you don't love Sungyeol just because he's arranged?" 

I stared at him and took a moment before nodding.

"Why are you doing this?" he asked, not breaking the eye contact.

"Because I love him. I'll do anything to make him happy." 

Myungsoo considered it. "And do you think this will make him happy? You know how he feels about you. You're breaking him apart. Most of all, you're breaking yourself apart."

"I don't care if I break apart. He needs this." I agrued, compressing my tears from falling.

"No, he needs you. As much as you need him." 

"Well, what do you want me to do? Go to him and stop the wedding? " I spluttered, rolling my eyes.

"Psh, you don't watch dramas, do you?" Myungsoo laughed, standing up, pulling me.

"What about Hana? She'll go beserk! And Sungyeol is in Jeju! I can't go there until next week."

 

"Trust me. This is my way of letting you go."