XI.

10 Ways To Break His Heart

"I'm very sorry, Ms. Kim."  Sungyeol's father said, his head hung low. He wanted to strangle his son right now. Reportedly, Sungyeol is living with a girl, her identity is unknown. For now. 

"No...I just wanted to inform you, Mr.Lee. It's just that, It's not right for my future husband to be living with another girl, is it?" Hana mused. No, she's not that wicked, or that's what she told herself. Anyway, Sungyeol has to do this, one-way or another; for his father's sake. She's just...helping him achieve his obligation.

"Yes. I'll make that girl leave as soon as possible. Thank you for informing me." His father replied. Hana smiled and left with a smirk.

She nodded, took out her phone and dialed Myungsoo. "Are you finished?" she asked.

"Ani. I'm waiting for her to go out." he replied

 

Myungsoo sighed. Why is he doing this in the first place? All he wanted was Miyoung to be happy.Maybe...being with Sungyeol will make her happy but Myungsoo shook off that thought. The best thing he could do now was to try.

Taking a deep breath, he waited outside Sungyeol's house.

 

-----

Miyoung

After brewing coffee for two, I proceeded to the couch, hugging the new book I bought.

"G'morning." Sungyeol greeted, walking towards me. I smiled at him before bursting into laughter. He was wearing gray sweat pants and a bright blue shirt. 

"You're an eye-sore." I noted.

Sungyeol frowned at me with sleepy eyes before his brain processed what I just said, He grabbed a pillow and whacked me on the head. I grabbed my coffee cup and threatened to throw it to him. He snapped awake and hugged me tight, plucking out the mug out of my hand. I wriggled around to get revenge but he locked my hands with his'. After I stopped moving, he finally let go as I continued reading.

"So...what do you plan to do now?" Sungyeol asked, nuzzling into my hair. It felt perfect, in every little aspect you could think of. 

"I don't really know. Maybe...go home?" I replied, biting my lip before I faced him.

"Oh would you stop doing that?!" Sungyeol screeched. I stared at him for a minute before realizing it. I covered my face as I felt blood rush to my cheek.

"Mianhe." I muttered.

"Well, you're not staying with me...here?" Sungyeol asked, seriousness welcomed his voice.

"Should I?" I teased. Sungyeol nodded eagerly. 

"Then I'll do what you want me to." I smiled, repeating what he said before. Sungyeol's face beamed before closing in. I closed my eyes and waited. After a minute he poked my cheeks.

"What are you doing?" he laughed. I stared at him in confusion. He was holding my coffee cup, enjoying it by himself.  "Were you waiting for something?" he smirked.

"Ugh, I hate you!" I shouted, standing up before throwing the book at him.

 

----

Myungsoo looked at his watch and groaned. It's been hours. As if on cue, the door flew open. Sungyeol guided Miyoung out of the door, holding her hand for support. They were laughing together until Sungyeol watched as Miyoung tripped down the stairs. He bursted into laughter. Miyoung puffed her cheeks and kicked Sungyeol's leg, making him land with her. The two laughed like idiots until Sungyeol stood up nad carried Miyoung to her feet. Miyoung waved goodbye as Sungyeol proceeded into his car.

Myungsoo stared at them with jealousy. Miyoung was much more alive with Sungyeol. It made Myungsoo wince.

Taking his chance, Myungsoo walked towards Miyoung, covering her eyes, like he used to do. Miyoung touched  his hands, trying to identify him.

"M-myungsoo..." she stammered. Myungsoo released her, giving her a bright smile. "Bye." she said before going inside the house.

"Wait!" Myungsoo called. "I want to talk to you, about Sungyeol." 

 

----

Miyoung

"What is it?" I asked, avoiding eye contact with Myungsoo.

"He's getting married." he said. I rolled my eyes and nodded.

"I know that. Now please do tell me something I don't know." I said in my coldest voice possible. Color drained from Myungsoo's face. He nodded as if he's considering what I just said.

"Then I suppose you also know that Sungyeol's family business will fall down if he doesn't agree to marry Hana." Myungsoo said sadly. 

Miyoung opened but closed it again. "W-what? Why should I trust you?" I said in a shaky voice

"I got it from Hana." he replied. "His family needs Hana in order to let their company live longer. I love you but I have to tell you that you're in the way, that's what Hana told me though." Myung said

"W-what..." I stammered, processing his words.

It made perfect sense. Sungyeol isn't the type of person who will tell something...or anything in that matter. He didn't even tell me about the arranged marraige. If Myungsoo is not lying, then...he has to marry Hana. For his future.

 

I have to break it up with him.