Chapter 8: Yongseo

Honey Pecks

Yonghwa punched the air and bashed his head onto his bedroom wall, grinding his teeth together.

How could I be such a ?  How am I going to face her next time? He thought desperately.

His mind replayed the scene over and over again.  


Taking this chance, Yonghwa glanced to his right, closed his eyes, and also closed the difference between his lips and Seohyun's cheek.  

Or that was what he thought.  Her cheek felt more plump than what he would think.  

"Um..."  

Yonghwa opened his eyes.  In front of him was a cute, chubby girl staring at him with dazed eyes.  Because of his quick planning to kiss Seohyun, he had forgotten that she was sitting on his left side in the dark, flashing theater.  Yonghwa quickly glanced at Seohyun in horror to see that she was staring at the movie screen.  But, she was too focused on Avatar, giving Yonghwa the hint that she had seen or heard what happened.

"Seohyun-sshi, uh... this movie isn't interesting.  Do you want to go outside?" he whispered. 

"Sure," she said without looking at him. 

They squeezed themselves between the aisles and into the movie hallway, walking to the entrance.   

Yonghwa's ears began to glow red and he faced Seohyun.

"I'm sorry for what happened," he apologized.  "I can--"

"I didn't see anything," she avoided his apologetic gaze, her attention focused somewhere else instead.  

An awkward silence followed them.

"So.." 

"I--"

They had both started at the same time.

"You go first," Yonghwa said.

"Oh.  I..." Seohyun started.

Yonghwa's soul nearly left him.  What was she going to say that started with an "I"?

"I'll walk home.  Thank you for today, Yonghwa-sshi." 

What?

"You-you're going home?" he blubbered.

"Yes, I'm going home," she answered a bit too politely.

She turned around and stepped down the stairs. 

"Should I walk you home?" he raised his voice after her.

"Do you have anything else to say?  To me?" Yonghwa continued.

Seohyun flipped her long hair around and shook her head. 


Yonghwa could not forget that moment how beautiful she looked when she turned around.  Her long, black hair followed the curves on her body and her innocent, bright eyes made her look like a goddess.  

"I'm going crazy.  No.  No.  No," Yonghwa repeated. 

"Definitely can't fall for her.  She's just a toy.  I'm using her to pass the time.  No more," he convinced himself. 

Then why are you getting so worked up over a toy?

A voice in the back of his mind spoke.  Unable to take it any longer, Yonghwa jumped off his bed and pressed himself to the ground. 

He grunted as he did what felt like hundreds of sit-ups uselessly. 


Seohyun woke herself up to a ray of Saturday sunshine.  The sky was bright in her vision, the clouds were just fluffy and white.  That is... until she remembered what happened last night.  The bright sky suddenly felt dark and every aspect of the clouds felt annoying. 

I need books... she thought. 

After washing herself and taking care of her hygeine carefully, she grabbed her library card and walked out. 

"Umma!  I'm going to the library!" 

She climbed onto the heavily crowded bus and stood, holding the handle to keep her balance.  Her legs were starting to ache.   

"Seohyun-sshi!" A warm voice called her name. 

"Ah, Taeyang-sshi!  Good morning," she smiled at him. 

Taeyang got off of his seat and waved for her to sit down on it.  Gladly, she took the seat. 

"Where are you going?" Taeyang asked her.

"The library.  Where are you going?" 

"Ah.  I'm going to the supermarket, so can I walk you half-way?" he requested.

"Of course!" 

The innocent pair walked close to the entrance of the library. 

"I'll see you on Monday, Seohyun-sshi!" Taeyang flashed her a cute eye-smile. 

Seohyun walked through the doors and browsed the aisles, looking for an interesting book.  Taeyang had gotten him off of her mind.  She sat herself at a lonely table in the corner of the library.

As she was reading, she heard a loud thump in front of her. 

"Self-improvement books?  Are you serious?" Yonghwa snickered. 

Seohyun felt a jab of annoyance. 

"Good morning, Yonghwa-sshi.  We're lucky it's a bright day today, right?  You won't miss anything," she retorted.

She saw his face glow and felt satisfaction.   

He coughed,"Why do I always see you with Taeyang, anyways?  Are you guys in a--"

"What I do has nothing to do with you, Yonghwa-sshi."

"Are you dating him?" he demanded.

"It's nothing, Yonghwa-sshi."

"There's something!"

"No, there isn't."

"Yes, there is!"

"No, there isn't..!"

"Yes, there is!"

"Are you jealous of me right now?" she exhaled.

"Yes, I am!" he answered.

And then Seohyun froze, her eyes staying where it was.

"Huh?" 

Yonghwa suddenly pulled her face in, at the same time, lifting up a book to the side.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: I am so sorry for the late chapter.  I've been very busy and school just started again, so I'm getting loads of homework.  This sounds like an excuse anyways.  I will start to find time on the weekends to finish my story.  I thank you for suscribing to my story and sticking with it the whole time!  Next chapter will be about the long-awaited Milky Couple.  I will try to keep my story only fifteen chapters so I can work on my other story.  And I will not be updating my other story yet until I finish this one (sorry).  Working on two stories is just killer.  If there is anything you would like me to add or change in this story, don't hesitate to tell me so.  As usual, I apologize for my grammar and spelling mistakes (I edit as I type).  Again, I am sorry for the long delay.

P.S: Comment and suscribe?