Chapter 4

Honey Pecks

Strawberry milk dripped off the ends of IU's hair, splattering the ground with light drops that turned dark.

"Apologize to Yonghwa," said Wooyoung in a cold, firm voice.

IU had never felt so humiliated in her life. Ignoring his command, she turned to Seohyun.

"Seohyun-ah, let's go."

Seohyun's eyes widened and then became teary. IU gently pulled her along and went to the nearest bench. Taking out a tissue, she wiped Seohyun's eyes as if wiping a baby's. Anger welled up inside her. No one could make Seohyun cry except for IU.

Seohyun hiccupped,"IU-ah. Are you okay? Let me wipe off the milk."

Pulling off an awkward smile, she laughed,"Ah, this is nothing. I'll wash it off in the bathroom. Do you know where it is?" 

"Yeah, it's near the gym.  When you get there, just make a right and the washroom is right there."  

She flashed a grin at Seohyun and headed off towards the gym.  But as soon as she was out of Seohyun's sight, she immediately turned to the opposite direction, going to the  office.  There, she would find Yonghwa getting his pretty little face patched up over nothing.  And... Wooyoung would be there too, watching over his little boy get patched up. 

Sneaking to the nurse's office, she silently pulled on the door to open it.  Unfortunately, it was locked and IU resorted to another plan. IU dragged her leg over to the receptionist desk and began to groan to the lady.  

"I need to see the nurse.  My stomach hurts badly.  Please, let me see the nurse," IU moaned.  

"Omo!  Are you okay?  I'll get the keys and you can see the nurse.  Just hang on a little bit okay?" 

IU felt guilty and she continued her act until she reached the nurse's door.  

"Noona, I'll be fine here, so you can keep working," she whined.  

She stepped over the door and closed the door behind her.  Of course, Yonghwa was sitting on the bed, getting his cut lip treated by a nurse... More like, she was getting seduced by Yonghwa.  Wooyoung stood at the side, and he looked up as soon as the door opened.    

The first thing he said was,"What are you doing here?  Get out." 

IU slyly replied,"This isn't your business.  I need to talk to Yonghwa."  

She approached Yonghwa, bowed, and said,"I'm sorry for kicking you like that."  

He raised his eyebrows and answered,"It's oka-."  But IU quickly cut him off. 

"But, if you something like that to my Seohyun again without my permission, my kick won't just land in your face, it'll land somewhere else that hurts even more, got it?"   

This time, she faced Wooyoung.  Seeing his face made her ball of fury unwind.  She yelled and threw him a punch, right across his jaw. 

"That's what you get for dumping milk on me, ."   

Then, IU unfastened the delicate, dainty necklace and chucked it at Wooyoung with such animosity, it whipped him in the face. 

"You forgot this," she snarled. 

IU stumbled outside of the nurse's office and headed for the gym to finally wash off the pink stains on her face and the strawberry scent off her hair.   

As she tried to wash off the sticky feeling off of her hair, an angelic voice asked,"Would you like some help with that?"  

IU peeked at the girl who asked her and her jaws almost dropped.  The schoolgirl was absolutely gorgeous.  Her hair was a smooth brown and she sipped from a drink box.  She looked at IU with such sincere eyes, IU could not reject her.

"Um... yes, that would be nice," said IU.  

"Okay!  Call me Dara." Her eyes shone bright.  "Here, just bend over the sink and put your hair- oops!"  

The drink box slipped out of Dara's perfect lips and fell right on IU's back, spilling orange all over her backside.   

"OMO!  I'm so sorry!  I didn't mean to drop it on you.  I'll help you clean it up!"  Dara cried. 

She ran to the stalls to grab toilet paper, and she smeared it on IU's back, making the stain grow larger and adding toilet bits on IU's shirt.  Dara's eyes widened again and she apologized repeatedly.  

IU settled,"It's okay.  I can clean it up myself.  Thank you anyways, Dara-sshi."    

She waited until Dara was completely out of view, and she treaded back to Seohyun.  

"IU-ah!  What happened?  You took so long and I was going to go look for you!  We need to go to office too!" Seohyun exclaimed.  

"I'm sorry," IU apologized.  "I had to do some uhh.. other things too." 

"I see.  Anyways, let's go get your uniform.  Thank God you didn't change into your uniform before that thing happened."  

The two walked to the office together, engulfing themselves in a conversation.  IU received her uniform from the exact same lady as before, and went to the bathroom to change it.  All in all, half of her day went smoothly until lunch arrived. 

IU ignored the gossips around her that were buzzing like flies, and wandered to the lunch line.  As she was about to get a plateful of food, Wooyoung's words suddenly popped into her head.   

You should go on a diet.  I can see the fat in your face.

She dumped the plate of food and walked back to find a table for her and Seohyun.  She located an empty table and "claimed" it.  Just as she was about to sit down, someone pulled her chair from under her, making her fall right on her rear.  In pain, she glimpsed up to see that it was Wooyoung.  

"Why'd you do that?" she exclaimed as she got up.  

"This is my table," he glared.  

"I got here first, stupid!"  

"Do you want me to dump milk on you again?  I'll use chocolate milk this time."  

Wanting to avoid another milk fight, she grudgingly got out of the table and just as she was about to go outside, IU ran in and kicked Wooyoung in the shin.   

He fell on one knee and yelled,"YAH!  You are DEAD when you get home!' 

IU retreated back outside and listened to Seohyun's lecture.  

IU's classes ended smoothly, and she waited outside Seohyun's classroom for the two of them to walk half-way home together.  Dara came out, then a few other students, and to IU's surprise, Yonghwa also stepped out.  

"Hi, IU-sshi," he smiled warmly to IU. 

"Hi," IU responded coldly. 

"I hope you won't have a bad night.." 

"Why?" she questioned. 

Yonghwa shrugged,"You don't know?" 

"Know what?" IU was starting to get confused at his random questions. 

"Figure it out yourself, IU-sshi."  With those last words, he walked off, probably to find Wooyoung. 

IU waited for almost 30 minutes, sneaking a peek now and then to see if Seohyun was still there.  Sure enough, she was the last to exit, thus the long wait. 

"Seohyun-ah, why'd you take so long?" IU whined like a baby.  

"Sorry, I was in charge of cleaning up the classroom."  

"Let's go." 

They walked slowly, weaving in and out of shops to look for something they could afford.  They parted at the half-way point sadly, and IU continued home.  Taking off her shoes, IU rang the doorbell, expecting her mom.  Instead, Hea Jung opened the door with a big smile.  

"IU-sshi, welcome back." 

"Ahh, thank you." 

She talked to IU excitedly,"How was your day at school?  Did you see my Woo-ie?" 

"My day at school was very fun." IU lied. "I'm sorry, I don't think I've seen your son, but have you seen my mother?" 

"Oh yes, she just went back into her room.  Can I talk comfortably with you?" Hea Jung asked. 

"Of course!" IU exclaimed. 

"Okay!  Then IU-ah, wash up for dinner.  Woo-ie will get everything ready," Hea Jung smiled. 

IU trudged to her extra-large room and flopped on her extra-large bed.  She prepared her clothes and walked into the bathroom.  Closing the door behind her, she the hot water.  Fog filled up the whole bathroom, making everything blurry.  She dipped her hands into the bathtub with a sigh, then her feet, and then her whole body.  

IU felt calm... until the door opened.  She'd forgotten to lock the door and someone just walked in on her.  She knew perfectly well that it was a male, with his tall silhouette and broad shoulders.  

IU sqeaked in alarm. 

"Close the door, please!" 

"Oh.  Oops.  Sorry.  Next time, lock it," he added. 

As he turned to leave, IU tried to see his face, but the fog was too thick.  She got out of the tub, afraid of more walk-ins.  

"Ji Eun-ah!  Set the table!" Finally hearing her mom's voice.

"Yes, umma!"  

She skipped down the stairs, nearly tripping herself.  She walked to the dining room and froze.  IU thought she was hallucinating for a second.

Jang Wooyoung was in the dining room, wearing a pink, plaid apron setting the table.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: I apologize for any grammar and spelling errors and if I have a bad/dry sense of humor.  

If you would like anything else, don't hesitate to ask. :) I hope you enjoy reading!

P.S -- Subscribe and comment? :"O