Chapter 12.25: Christmas Special! Part 1

Honey Pecks

Goguma Special! Part 1

Rain pattered on the roof of Seohyun's house as she gave a big sigh. It was night and Christmas Eve, yet, there were no presents from her parents.  All that was on the table was a little note from her mom and dad with a single fifty-thousand won bill taped to the front.  

Seohyun-ah!  We're sorry, Umma and Appa are busy at the company, so we left some money for you as a present! Buy yourself something good, okay? Saranghaeyo❤! 

It no longer mattered to her anymore, her parents were always gone with work, and it never made a difference even if they were here with her.  

Looks like I'm going to be alone for Christmas.  Again. 

Walking to the door, she picked up her bag and opened her umbrella.  There was no snow, just heavy rain falling on the ground.  She automatically walked in the direction of the library, but then she stopped in her tracks.  

Hmph, I'm gonna treat myself this year... she thought.

She spun around and strode towards the barbeque restaurant.  She entered the restaurant and the smell of the beef and smoke washed over her in an instant. 

"Ahjusshi!  Please give me some rib-eye and marinated beef!" 

I'm going to eat like a goddess today.  

The meat arrived on the table and Seohyun began grilling it, her stomach growling and watering.  The moment the beef was cooked and brown, she shoveled it in with much satisfaction.  As she was about to throw down another seven pieces of beef in , a chill creeped up her spine.  She felt like as though someone was staring at her, and she instinctively looked up.  

You're kidding me.  

To her embarrassment, Yonghwa was sitting directly in front of her at the next table, and judging from his plate and mess, he had been there for a VERY long time.  He stood up from his table.  Seohyun turned her heated face away.

Don't come here...  Don't come here.. Don't come here... 

"Seohyun-sshi!"  

Aaand, he's here. 

"I didn't expect to see you here, Seohyun-sshi.  Are you here alone?" 

"Ahjusshi, give me the check, please," she waved.  "Yes, it was nice seeing you here, Yonghwa-sshi." 

Getting up from her table, she picked up her umbrella and walked to the exit as fast as she could.  Luckily, the rain had stopped, but to her dismay, Yonghwa was following her.  

"Why are you following me?" she demanded.

Yonghwa ignored this and replied,"Seohyun-sshi!  Let's go to the shopping district!" 

"What?" 

"Kaja*!"

He tugged her along to the street market.  

"What are you doing?" she asked.

"Here, try this on," he said.  

Yonghwa pulled out a cute headband with a bow on it and put it on her.  

"Wooo, you look cute with it," he complimented.

Seohyun could feel the flush crawl up her face and she gave a cough. 

"I don't like it," she declared, although it was her style. 

A blue object shone at the very corner of her eye. She put the headband down and picked up the navy book.

"Improve Your Determination & Motivation..." she read.

Her eyes wandered to the bottom to find the author.

"By... The United Nation Secretary Ban Ki Moon...!" she gave a happy squeal and immediately went to the cashier.

Unfortunately, the book costed twenty five thousand won* and she had spent her money all on the barbeque in her stomach. With an empty pit in her stomach now, she could only stare at the book. Yonghwa popped up from behind her.

"What're you looking at?" She quickly placed the book back where it was.

"Nothing."

"Let's go get some Americano," he smiled.

Once again, he tugged on her. They entered the warm store and Yonghwa being a gentleman, pulled out the chair for her. Just then, his phone rang.

"What? Taeyeon-sshi wants me?" He glanced at Seohyun and the pit in her stomach grew larger than when she had desired that book. 

"Sorry, Seohyun-sshi, I'm needed somewhere right now, so I'll talk to you after the New Year."

He sped out of the coffee shop and left her alone at the table.

Sweet.  Great.  Perfect.  This is such a good Christmas.

She checked her watch and it showed 9:00 p.m. She trudged to the center of the district where a gigantic Christmas tree stood. Everywhere she looked, there were families chatting happily and couples with interlocked hands. Her eyes started to blur and warm tears streaked her face.  All she could do was snivel and gape at the beautiful tree.

Why am I crying?  It's Christmas! she tried to think positively. 

Unluckily, doing that was hard when she was ditched by her only companion, and surrounded by gleeful families and happy couples. 

I wish he's here with me right now... Oh my god, what am I thinking?  She shook her head to chase the thoughts away.

"Yah, stop crying," a familiar voice called.

She turned around and there he was, standing a foot away, his hands in his pocket.

No way, he's here.  He's actually here.  Her heart swelled.

"You look prettier when you smile, Seohyun-sshi," he said loudly enough for everyone to hear.

Yonghwa walked towards her and handed her a wrapped package from his coat. She opened it and inside was a bloody hand. She gave a shriek and dropped it.

"What the heck?!" she fumed.

"Sorry, sorry! That was a present for Taeya-- for my friend," he quickly changed his words. 

He picked up the fake, bloody hand and shoved it back into the box.

"Here, it's this one."

He handed her a golden package this time. She pulled the ribbon off cautiously and opened the box carefully. Wrapped around with colored tissue paper was the same navy blue book she yearned for.

"Yonghwa-sshi... Thank you so much."

She was touched.  This present was better than the so-called present her parents had given her.  When he took the fake call, he actually ran back to the stand to buy her the book.

"What do I get in return?" he smiled, but his eyes weren't smiling.

"Huh? Isn't this my Christmas.. present?" her face puzzled.

"It is, you don't know how hard it was for me to get it though. I had to wrestle the ahjumma for this! Look, I even got a bruise," and he pointed to his cheek.

She craned her neck to look closely at his cheek.

"What? There's nothing ther--."

Yonghwa turned his neck and gave her a fast peck on the lips when her face was close. Seohyun was shocked and froze, her heart racing and blood rushing up to her face. Yonghwa snickered.

"You-- you--!"  she blubbered.

He gave a chuckle.

"But... you do realize that we're standing under mistletoe?"

With those words, he pulled her waist closer to him and she gave a small gasp, their lips less than an inch apart. 

"Merry Christmas," he softly breathed and smiled. 

He brought her face closer and brushed his lips on hers.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~  

A/N: Kaja* -- Let's go! (Based on the movies and dramas I watched + Google Translate).

        20,000 South Korean won* -- Roughly around 21$. 

I apologize for any grammar errors and mispellings, and I will do my best to update the other half of the special tomorrow, sometime during Christmas day.  I guess this story will be longer than 15 chapters because I still have so much ideas to put in.  Comments are definitely appreciated!  Thank you so much for reading and supporting my story! 

I hope you have a wonderful and fantastic ChristmasOpen those boxes. (;

P.S: Suscribe&Comment? Please?