Chapter One: Starters

Honey Pecks

Heavy pounding on the door shook IU awake. 

She whispered hazily,"Ummaa.. I think it's appa's loansharks again.  What should we do?"

Her mother sat straight up looking bewildered.  

"I think it's best we don't do anything Ji Eun-ah, ," she whispered back.  

The pounding went on for another 3 minutes and there was silence.  In almost half a second, the weak plastic door was knocked down and yells went throughout the house. 

"Where the hell is Lee Shin Kyung?!  All of you get his damn over to me, now!"

IU and her mother froze, their hearts beating a million times every second. The door to their room slammed open and her mom shrieked out of shock.

"Where is your ty husband-eh?! Where is he?!" screamed the burly man in a clad of black.

"I-I-I don't know! I don't know!" my poor mother sobbed.  

IU quickly searched the room with her eyes for a heavy object.  The burly man began to shake IU's mother violently and IU picked up the nearest lamp.  She swung the metal object onto his gargantuan bald head. 

"You dip!  Don't you dare do that to my mom!" she shrieked.  

It smashed onto his head with a satisfying crash and IU quickly pulled her weak mother from the grasp of the man's hands, who was now groaning in pain and collapsed to the floor. 

He deserved that, IU thought triumphantly.

"Wait, Ji Eun-ah, we forgot our money box! Let's go back!" her mom yelled.  

Her mother resisted and tried to pull back to return to their room.  But, IU ignored her and dragged her on.  

Our lives are more important than that, she thought.  But then, how would they live?

"Mothering SHIEET!" IU cursed out loud.  

She ushered her mother onto the sidewalk and sprinted back inside the house.  Her home was covered in red stickers, from their T.V to the kitchen sponge.  She attempted to rip them off as she ran into her mom's sleeping room. 

Where is it, where is it? 

Her thoughts scrambled and her hands searched around the dresser frantically.  She came to touch a familiar wooden box with its engravings. 

"YES.  I got it." she said without even realizing.  

All of a sudden, the light dimmed and smoke was going into her nostrils.  With her eyes pouring like rain and her coughing like mad, IU staggered out the door, inhaling the fresh air that arrived.  Her mother rushed to her side in an instant and supported IU. 

"Ji Eun-ah! Our house is on fire!" her mom yelled. 

Help! Please!  Someone help us! She wanted to say, but her body was immobilized and her eyes began to close slowly. 


"Yong Hye-ah, you can stay here as long as you need to.  We owe you too, remember?" a strange voice filtered to her room. 

She then heard her mother say,"I'm so sorry, we called you in the middle of the night.  You were the last person I could depend on.." 

IU's eyes fluttered and the room came into display.  The room was LARGE and spacious.  An unfamiliar place she would not feel comfortable with.  She got out of what looked like an extra king-size bed and treaded to the area where she the source of the voice came from.

An elegant-looking woman was sitting on the expensive-looking sofa.  IU mother sat on the opposite end and gave her daughter a nervous smile. 

"Oh! You must be IU-sshi.  Here, come have a seat," she smiled. 

Confused, IU stared at her mom who looked away and averted her eyes.  

"Ji Eun-ah, this is umma's best friend, and we'll be living here temporarily until we can find a house, okay?" she said gently. 

IU's eyes widened and she argued,"Why?  We'll be a burden to this family, so we can't live here, umma!" 

The elegant woman spoke with a hurt face,"IU-sshi, you won't be a burden here because we owe your family."

No matter how hard IU would argue, the answer would be the same.  She nodded helplessly. 

"That's great then!  You can start going to Seoul High School tomorrow too.  I'll fill in your paperwork," said Jang Hea Jung. 

She was one beautiful lady.  As IU thanked her and stepped on the stairs, Hea Jung took IU aside and added,"IU-sshi, I have a wonderful son and he's asleep right now, you can meet him tomorrow!  And, he goes to your new school so get along with him, okay?" Half-asleep, IU nodded and trudged up the stairs. 

After a night of restless sleep and chatting to her best friend, Seohyun, she woke up 2 hours early to get ready for her new life.  IU borrowed a bike from the home and biked to a street vendor near the school.  Sitting and eating her morning and cheap jajangmyun, a boy wearing the Seoul High School uniform with a smiley cap sat on the opposite table.  Seeing the uniform, IU seized the chance to ask him questions about the school. 

"E-excuse me?  Can I ask you some questions about Seoul High School for a minute?" IU asked nervously. 

He lifted his face to see the person asking him and IU's heart stopped beating for a second. 

Giving her a heartwarming smile (and eye-smile), he replied,"Why not? By the way, my name is Yong Bae, but just call me Taeyang, it's a lot easier."

IU scrambled her words around due to his handsome looks. "Yank Thou.. UI is my name," she uttered. 

Shaking her head to brandish off the imaginary godly lights off of him, she managed to ask,"Is Seoul High School a good school?"

"If you know the right people to be with," Taeyang answered.  

Before she could stop herself, IU blurted,"Do they serve good lunches?"

Taeyang stared at her and chuckled,"Yes, there is good food there." 

IU and Taeyang exchanged conversations until she remembered that she needed to go to the school early and get her schedule. 

Shoving the jajangmyun in , she said with a full mouth,"I'm sorry Taeyang-sshi, I need to get to school early!"

Without listening to his bye, she bolted to the door and yelled to the street vendor ajjusshi, "The guy with the smiley hat will pay for my meal!" 

Glancing at Taeyang, she hollered,"I'll make sure to pay you back twice the amount!" 

As she bounded off, Taeyang yelled after her,"Wait!  What's your name?"  

IU who was unable to hear, climbed onto her bike and sped off in the direction towards the school.  She saw students approaching the school and increased her speed.  Just as she was about to make her turn, she crashed directly into a walking student, and nearly flipped herself. 

IU squeaked,"Oh my god, I'm so sorry! I didn't see you and--" 

"Watch where the you're going!  Jesus, girls like you need to get a damn brain replacement instead of fixing your face," voiced the angry victim.

"Hey, don't insult me like that.  I told you it was an accident!  God, men like you need to work out the situation instead of just assuming," retorted IU.

"Maybe you need to work out your body instead.  If you don't mind, I'd like it if you'd get your ugly face away from me and your fat off of me."

IU's brain was not working for a second and she finally understood the situation.  She was directly on top of her offender and the next thing she knew, she was staring straight into a pair of clear, brown, cross-eyed eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: I apologize for some grammar and spelling mistakes as a rookie author.  I do accept constructive criticism, so if there's is anything unusual, please point it out. 

Also, I have nothing against these idols except for fan-love, so don't take it to seriously, please! :D 

There will be YongSeo moments for all Yongseo fans, and I will be sure to add them in. 

P.S: Subscribe&comment? :"O