Chapter 10: Goguma C.

Honey Pecks

Yonghwa closed his eyes and raised the book, so that no one would see.  He kissed Seohyun lightly at first, but then he pressed harder until she finally broke away.  

"Why did you stop?" he asked her.   

"Sorry, let me go to the bathroom," she muttered.  She picked up her bag and walked to the direction of the bathroom, but in the middle of the way, she veered towards the exit.  

What am I doing?  What was he doing?  Me?  Yonghwa?  Never.  I can never fall for that playboy.  

But for some reason, Seohyun felt like she wanted to cry.  Her head ached and her heart just fell deep down.  She walked slowly, taking small steps on the sidewalk, dragging her feet.  

"Yah."  

Seohyun stopped in her tracks and turned around.   

"Why'd you leave?" he asked, a hurt expression on his face.  

She didn't answer.  

"Seohyun-ah," he murmered.   

That was all it took for her to accept everything.  She didn't want to fall for Yonghwa even a slightest bit, but saying her name like that was more than enough.  

"Saranghae," he smiled.   


Seohyun woke up the next day, her head feeling heavy.  She stared at her reflection in the mirror and dark circles had formed under her eyes.  Of course she couldn't sleep.  After Yonghwa's confession, her mind turned completely blank.  She phoned IU.

IU picked up the phone, her voice stranger than usual.

"Seohyun-ah?" IU croaked. 

"IU!" Seohyun felt relieved at hearing her best friend's voice. 

"What is it?" IU became bewildered when she heard Seohyun's tone.

"Oh, nothing.  Do you want to go to Coffee Prince Cafe with me?  I have things I want to tell you."

Seohyun quickly took the bus to the cafe, trying not to distract herself with her thoughts.  When she arrived, IU was sitting near the window, exactly where she and Yonghwa had their conversation before. 

"IU-ah!" she called, and sat on the opposite side of IU.

The pair told each other about their predicaments; IU's feelings towards Wooyoung and Seohyun's situation with Yonghwa.  As she raised her cup of tea to her lips, her eyes were drawn to the corner of the cafe.  A pitch-black pit formed in her stomach as she could not help but stare at Yonghwa and a pixie-faced girl seated on the lounge next to him.  She suddenly stood up and sat on his lap.  Seohyun watched as the couple giggled and playfully rubbed heads.  Yonghwa closed his eyes and kissed the girl.  What was disgusting, Seohyun could see him with his tongue in the girl's mouth.   

"Hyun-ah."

"Hyun-ah!" Seohyun could barely hear IU calling her.  She couldn't turn her head away from the ghastly scene in front of her eyes.

"SEOHYUN," IU raised her voice. 

Everyone in the cafe turned their heads in Seohyun's direction.

Yonghwa's eyes flickered open as he made eye contact with Seohyun.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 A/N: ah* -- Term of endearment.

         Saranghae* -- I like (love) you.

Nothing but apologies for my lack of motivation to publish any chapters (and spelling, grammar errors, and a short chapter).

P.S: Suscribe&Comment?