- 9 -

The Wrath of Idol Life [Season 2]

{ Behind the Mask }

7:00 p.m. Outside Infinite's Dorm

 

Jiyeon and Myungsoo were walking outside the dorm, along the streets, side by side, while both of them remained silent. Jiyeon was thinking about the conversation she overheard between Myungsoo and Sungyeol, she was troubled by it. Myungsoo would look at her occasionally while they slowly walked with pitiful eyes while stammering his feet. 

Myungsoo stopped, but Jiyeon continued lowering her head on the ground, walking silently. Myungsoo knew he was not paying attention at all. He then caught up with her and gripped her wrist. "Gwenchana?" He asked.

Jiyeon looked at him and nodded his head. "Yeah, i'm fine. Just worn out from the comeback stage, that's all." Jiyeon explained. 

Myungsoo bought her lie and nodded his head in understanding, he removed his grip while Jiyeon crossed her arms immediately while shivering in cold. Myungsoo looked at her worriedly and stopped again. "Are you cold?" Myungsoo asked.

Jiyeon looked at him solemnly and shook her head. They continued walking further until they reached the bus stop. Jiyeon took a seat on the empty bench while Myungsoo followed suit and sat beside her. They were now alone in this bus stop. Jiyeon had her eyes pinned on the road, looking around for the bus, as she sighed.

"Where are we going anyway?" Jiyeon asked, while her eyes were on the road.

"Photo-taking." Myungsoo said.

"Where?" Jiyeon asked further.

"Namsan Tower." Myungsoo stated. "I've always wanted to go there. The last time I've been there was 3 years ago, with my Infinite hyungs, but I really want to go back there. Heard there were many changes in this 3 years. I'd like to go there, take a beautiful shot of the nightlights of Seoul, and have a memorable experience there, with my chingu." Myungsoo said, looking at her.

Yes, she was her chingu. Her friend. She wanted him to find her more than as a friend, at least recognise the affection she has for him. Perhaps it was her actions that did not show it much at all. Maybe her intentions were vague and Myungsoo could not catch her affection for him. Jiyeon nodded his head, while forcing a smile as she looked upon the roads again.

The bus soon came and they boarded the bus. They took a seat at the end corner of the bus, both of them sitting together at the seat, while silence fallen in between them. Jiyeon used her phone while Myungsoo used his phone. Myungsoo wore his disguise, a cap and scarf, while Jiyeon wore simple coat and scarf around her, and wore her army boots.

Myungsoo then showed her some interesting pictures on her phone, and Jiyeon forced a laughter at them. She was not in a mood for all these pictures. Even the funniest joke would not be the remedy for her troubled, broken heart. 

She would always tell herself to stop with this broken heart. She should not even have it in the first place, given she had not even told Myungsoo about her love for him. It was just all plain silly and childishness of her, as what she would lecture to herself in her mind. She heaved a sigh while turning her head away Myungsoo and stared at the scenery outside.

Still unaware, Myungsoo would nudge her and show her some more interesting stuff with his phone, and Jiyeon would wear a mask at him, appearing all interested over everything he would show her. 

The bus ride lasted for another half an hour and the bus had finally reached their destination, Namsan Tower. Jiyeon and Myungsoo walked side by side, up to the tower, as Myungsoo started taking his camera out and snapped pictures and pictures of the tower and the surroundings eagerly. He then ran about, taking close-up shots and different shots of the place, while Jiyeon followed suit and snapped several shots of the scenery using her phone and 1 picture was accidentally taken when Myungsoo was infront, taking pictures of something while looking all so gorgeous and stunning as usual.

Jiyeon smiled at the picture, while looking at Myungsoo as she saved the picture and followed Myungsoo, whom went off to buy the tickets.

"Two tickets up please." Myungsoo said as the cashier cashed his cash into the register and gave him the two tickets. "One for you, and one for me." Myungsoo said as he gave Jiyeon a ticket and Jiyeon flashed a brief smile.

They all went to the lift as the attendants and staff guided them into the lift. They were alone in the lift, and the lift would take 30 seconds to each the top of the tower. Inside the lift, Myungsoo was looking at the pictures taken in his camera, while Jiyeon was standing at another corner of the lift, staring at the screen at the ceiling of the elevator blankly.

The elevator reached the floor and they all were led out with the staffs' assistance as they went and started staring at the beautiful night view of Seoul in awe. Myungsoo took snapshots of the nightview with his camera, focussing and zooming out with his huge camera, and took different views of the night life of Seoul. Jiyeon stood at the window, she placed her hands at the cold window while she stare at the beautiful view of Seoul with much interest. She then rolled her eyes down and feel the altitude from the ground. From her view, people below look like tiny ants crawling about. Only top of the head were seen. Jiyeon smiled and continued staring at the sight in awe.

Myungsoo secretly took a shot of her and saved it. He then edited the picture taken on the phone and wrote a caption on the picture, 'First time seeing Seoul' He giggled sheepishly and sent the picture to her phone.

Jiyeon did not read the message nor did she used the phone at all, they all went to the observatory area and used the built-in binoculars provided and viewed the scenery in their own resolutions.

Time passed by quickly. The simple viewing and taking pictures and staring of the Seoul nightlife in awe took them a whopping an hour and half. There were other activities there, and they participated in some eagerly and excitedly. 

Neither did Jiyeon knew her troubled feelings could be elevated away with the happiness she felt being up at the Namsan Tower, staring at this beautiful masterpiece with her own true eyes.

 

It was now 10 o'clock at night and they all went down the tower, and exited the tower. They went to the area where love locks were done, and hung on the trees and the railings. Jiyeon and Myungsoo went to the locks shop. They each bought locks of different colours. They all sat apart from each other, and secretly wrote their messages on the heart lock.

On Jiyeon's love lock, it wrote:

To my love. <3 

On Myungsoo's love lock, he wrote:

To my love in the future, hopefully we'll live happily ever after. Saranghae! <3
Please smile always, when you read this message. :)

Jiyeon and Myungsoo placed their love locks and locked them up together, while Myungsoo and Jiyeon smiled at each other sheepishly. They all soon sat at a bench while Myungsoo and Jiyeon stared at the night sky above. The stars were shining brightly and the radiant moonlight shone upon them. Myungsoo tilted his head towards Jiyeon's shoulders, while not touching it as he raised his hand at the sky.

"I want to touch the sky." Myungsoo commented.

"Bwo?" Jiyeon uttered.

"Ani, just saying my dream. Though it's dumb and it will never happen since there's endless limits." Myungsoo said as he sat upright. "Let me see the photos you took today." Myungsoo said.

"Ah, I didn't took any." Jiyeon lied.

"Liar, I saw you snapping so many shots on your phone. There's got to be at least some. Let me see~" Myungsoo pleaded.

"Ani.." Jiyeon denied again.

"Please.." Myungsoo bugged her again, not stopping or giving up.

Jiyeon sighed. "Just stop it for real." Jiyeon said. "I know you're just befriending me because you took away my ity." Jiyeon added on, causing Myungsoo to gasp in bewilderment.

"Just stop okay? I don't need you to make friends with somebody out of pity. In the end you just made the person fall for you." Jiyeon explained as she stood up. "This is enough. The more we hang out, the more I will sunk deep into my delusional unrequited love world. I'm leaving, you should stay here first." Jiyeon said, and hastily grabbed her bag and stormed off.

Myungsoo was left alone on the bench, shocked for words. He bit his lips and heaved a sigh as he lowered his head in guilt. He stared at the ground, while raising his head up, facing the night sky as he heaved another sigh. 

"She heard it all." Myungsoo whispered to himself. He looked around. "What do I do now.." Myungsoo said.

 

11:00 p.m. Outside Jiyeon's Apartment

 

Jiyeon sat on the bench outside her apartment, while tugging her legs together as she buried her head in between the legs, while sobbing silently as she was perfectly warmed up with her thick coat. She continued sniffing when she suddenly felt someone sitting beside her. She looked up at saw Hoya and Sungjong beside her.

"Bwo?" She stated as she hid her face between her legs and wiped her tears off hurriedly.

"Aish, we're the ones to tidy the loose ends again." Hoya commented.

"Bwo?" Jiyeon asked again.

"We're here to cheer you up I guess." Hoya said.

"Jinja?" Jiyeon said in a shaky voice.

"Ani, we were just going back to the dorm after buying some stuff from the convenience store and then on the way back, we saw you crying. So, we have to do the job of cheering you up again, like the last time." Sungjong explained.

Jiyeon smirked and forced a laughter as Hoya patted her back. "What's wrong?" Hoya asked her worriedly.

"I liked somebody, but that somebody doesn't like me... It's an unrequited love." Jiyeon confessed as Hoya and Sungjong widened their eyes in shock. "Who is that somebody?" Sungjong asked her curiously.

"Don't tell the others, Myungsoo-sshi." Jiyeon said.

"For real?!" Hoya shrieked in shock while Sungjong stood there motionlessly, too shocked for words.

"Yeah. Please don't tell anybody I tell this to you. And, Myungsoo knows about this too. I told him accidentally out of anger." Jiyeon pleaded as they nodded their head in understanding. 

"So, how are you guys gonna be in the future? This will surely make things awkward for the both of you." Hoya asked.

"I don't know, I'm at lost and I ing have no mood to think about anything." Jiyeon cursed.

Sungjong widened his eyes. "Woah, woah, Jiyeonnie, no need to curse." Hoya said, while continuing to pat her back gently.

"Cry it all out." Hoya said as Jiyeon borrowed Hoya's shoulders to cry. She started sobbing real loud, while Hoya sighed and remained at the position for her to cry while Sungjong went to pat her back gently.

This lasted for another 10 more minutes before they sent Jiyeon back up to her house and Jiyeon hide herself under the warmth of her blankets on her bed, without changing her clothes. She stared at the dark room while she slowly shut her eyes and went into her deep sleep.

Sungjong and Hoya went back to their dorm, and they entered to be welcomed by the dark. It seemed like the Infinite members all went to sleep without them coming back. Hoya the lights while Sungjong bid farewell to Hoya and went into his room to sleep while Hoya saw Myungsoo at the couch, watching the television. 

"You're back." Hoya said as Myungsoo looked at him solemnly and nodded his head silently.

"I know everything that happened between you and Jiyeon already. She likes you." Hoya stated as Myungsoo looked at him in surprise.

"She told you everything, huh?" Myungsoo said. 

Hoya nodded his head. "You gotta to apologize anyway, you indeed hurt her feelings." Hoya said.

"You're right." Myungsoo said. 

"I know its gonna be awkward, but only time will heal, alright?" Hoya said.

"Yeah, you're right." Myungsoo agreed.


 

COMMENT and SUBSCRIBE!