- 17 -

The Wrath of Idol Life [Season 2]

hoya_and_jiyeon_by_difira-d6zntty.jpg

{ Secrets }

8:00 p.m. In a Park

Jiyeon walked with her eyes covered by Myungsoo's hands. "Don't peek." Myungsoo instructed her as she shook her head. After walking a few more steps, Myungsoo then stopped, as he removed his arms. "Open your eyes now." He said as Jiyeon abided, she opened her eyes and her eyes widened in shock. 

Jiyeon stood there, admiring the thing infront of her. She was speechless. Myungsoo had prepared a scrumptious, beautiful dinner in the park beside the river. It was mesmerising. There were candles on the ground, surrounding the table of food. In the circle, beautiful wooden chairs with roses decorated around the chairs were neatly pushed into the wooden table. On the wooden table, there laid a vase of red roses. There was a dozen of them, neatly arranged with side flowers and shrubs.

The table was laid with delicious, mouth-watering food. Steak, with a bottle of red wine. There was a beautiful red candle in the middle of the table, and there was a beautiful cake on the table. Jiyeon slowly walked into the circle of candles along with Myungsoo. Her eyes immediately pinned onto the cake. It was a specially designed cake.

It was a low-fat yogurt cake, however with icing engraved on top of the cake. The icing wrote, to the Beautiful Park Jiyeon, Love you always, xo Myungsoo. Jiyeon smiled and chuckled, while hugging Myungsoo tightly. Tears escaped from her eyes as words were unable to express her happiness inside her.

"How do you like it?" Myungsoo whispered into her ears while her soft, delicate hair.

"I LOVE it." Jiyeon said, emphasising on the 'love' word. She then pulled away from the hug as Myungsoo pulled out the chair for her to seat which she accepted politely.

Jiyeon took the seat, and Myungsoo went to sit right across the table, facing her. Jiyeon stared at his face dearly before they started having their hands on the food, munching and eating the steak hungrily. Jiyeon shoved down pieces and pieces of cubes of the steak into , while savouring the taste in the mouth, bite by bite.

"Did you cook these all by your own?" Jiyeon asked Myungsoo curiously.

"Ah..." Myungsoo stuttered as he paused for a moment and sighed. "I ordered for these food from some steak restaurant... I'm sorry. I don't really know how to cook steak, but I promise I'd pick up cooking skills for you. I'm gonna attend some cooking classes soon, so don't worry." Myungsoo added on as Jiyeon smiled and chuckled at Myungsoo.

"I don't expect you to be a five-star chef Myungsoo.." Jiyeon said, chuckling uncontrollably.

Myungsoo and Jiyeon finished their meal and Myungsoo brought Jiyeon to sit on the grass, nearing the river. He wrapped his arms around Jiyeon's shoulders, while he heaved a sigh of relief as both of them cuddled under each other's warmth in the chilly night of spring. Myungsoo spun his head to face Jiyeon, whom was looking at the river, as the wind brushed her hair loosely.

Myungsoo smiled and her hair gently and gently caressed her cheek. Jiyeon turned to face him as Myungsoo smiled and whispered to her, saying you're pretty. Jiyeon smiled back at him and pinched his sharp long nose, as she lean her head close onto Myungsoo's shoulders, as she hummed her favourite melody.

Just like that, both of them stood there sitting on the soft grass, admiring the beautiful lights illuminated on the river surface, while enjoying the cool breeze and the chilly spring night together under each other's warmth.

Jiyeon and Myungsoo soon went back home after disposing all the candles and cleaning up the place, as both of them linked their arms with one another as they slowly strolled their way back to Infinite dorm.

"Our mini date ends here." Myungsoo said, turning around to face Jiyeon as they stepped at the entrance of the apartment. Myungsoo continued holding onto Jiyeon's hands, hesitating to part with her as he frowned sadly. "I miss you..." He added on as Jiyeon smirked and pinched his nose again.

"Don't worry, we'll have more chances to date." Jiyeon persuaded him as he sighed.

"I really enjoyed today's mini date. I love you so much." Myungsoo said as Jiyeon nodded her head in understanding. Just then, Myungsoo cupped her face and leaned towards her to give her a peck on her lips.

"I love kissing you too~" Myungsoo added on as Jiyeon smirked at him and pinched his nose, yet again.

"You surely love pinching my nose huh?" Myungsoo commented.

"Because your nose is oh-so-y." Jiyeon said. "Actually everything about you makes me go crazy. You ." Jiyeon said as she gave him a hug before they parted their ways and bid their farewells to one another.

 

Jiyeon slowly strolled back to her apartment, but she stopped on her spot to see Hoya standing right outside of her apartment in a cap, and a hoodie over his singlet and his long track pants. Jiyeon furrowed her eyebrows as she hide her hands in the pockets of her jackets and fasten her pace. 

She tapped onto Hoya's shoulders. Hoya looked up with his teary eyes, which shocked Jiyeon. Jiyeon was fabbergasted by his pitiful look, as Jiyeon brought him up to her apartment. Hoya took a seat on the sofa, as he removed his jacket. Jiyeon went to grab a warm cup of water for him, but she could not help but to stare at him worriedly occasionally.

Jiyeon sighed, as she saw how restless Hoya was, how fickle his mood and the disappointment and sadness in him makes her feel a tinge of sadness in her heart too. After all, Hoya is her close friend. He somehow helped her in the relationship with Myungsoo too. 

She came and passed the cup of warm water to Hoya as she sat right across him and asked him, "So... what happened?" Jiyeon said.

"Jiyeonnie.." He said weakily as Jiyeon looked at him curiously.

"Wae? You stood at midnight outside my house.. Something's troubling you obviously, tell me, let me share the burden or problem with you? I can help you, don't worry~" Jiyeon cooed him.

Hoya sighed as he looked down onto the ground. "I think I'm lovesick, or either that... I'm going crazy over my love." Hoya stated as Jiyeon was caught aback by his problem.

Jiyeon nodded her head and stammered her feet. Stuttering, she then replied, "O...Ok... so what's the problem or why are you going crazy over the love?" 

Bitting his lips, Hoya replied. "I like this girl.. I and her were close friends actually, and she has a boyfriend. I don't know why but the care she shows for me.. it made me fell in love with her." 

Jiyeon nodded her head profusely while Hoya continued, "I should not fall in love with her, but I just can't help it. I keep thinking of her today, and I can only confirm from today that I truly have a crush on her. I keep thinking of her. My mind's preoccupied, just by the thoughts of her smiling." 

"However, I fear not confessing to her. She has her own boyfriend, they're doing well and they love each other so deeply. I can't possibly come in-between them, confess to her and break her relationship with that man.. What should I do? I'm in such a huge mess that I am just lost in mind." Hoya explained as Jiyeon sighed, as she took a seat right beside him.

Just then, Hoya's heart raced as he started burning and heating up, his cheeks turned red, his ears turned bright red as Jiyeon wrapped her arms around his broad shoulders and patted onto it gently, cooing him down as she gave him some tips and some of her opinions on his problem.

"Hmmm, it's pretty nerve-wrecking for sure. But you gotta ask about it - do you really love her? Is your crush even long-lasting. The point is, I know of a lot of guys/girls that has crushes on people, but it's usually just a temporary matter. They usually get over it in weeks or days to come." Jiyeon stated.

She then added on, "Also, consider her too. Maybe she also have a liking for you? You might not know, sometimes couples are madly in love, but it maybe just appearance-wise. Unless she truthfully tells you how she feels, I guess it's best to take a step back and try to forget her, forget your feelings for her and find a better girl to love."

"By the way... is it alright if you tell me who she is? Maybe I can help you to confide with her?" Jiyeon asked Hoya.

Hoya looked back up and turned around to face Jiyeon. Their faces were just 5 inches apart. He bit his lips and whispered, "You." 

Jiyeon gasped in shock, as her eyes widened in surprise. She started stammering her feet and stuttering as she removed her arms away from Hoya's shoulders as she scoot slightly away from Hoya as she averted her glaze from Hoya's eyes and scratched the back of her head nervously.

"A... Ah... Aish, Hoya-ah, stop joking and playing around... We're friends, how could you just joke about such stuff. You're so funny, Hoya-ah...so...so..s..so fu..funny." Jiyeon stuttered.

Hoya stated, "No.. I'm serious. Jiyeon.. I..I think I am having a crush on you... I'm loving you... I..I love you."

Jiyeon froze on her spot, stunned for words. She started playing with her fingers nervously while Hoya scoot close to her and spun her around, cupping her face with his hands.

"I... really think I love you." Hoya said as he leaned and kissed her lips.

Jiyeon widened her eyes as in the next 2 seconds, she pushed Hoya off and touched her lips while giving a shocked and fearful expression to Hoya. Hoya bit his lips and took his jacket, while wearing it and rushing out of Jiyeon's apartment in fear. Jiyeon stood there, sitting on the couch, touching the lips Hoya kissed as she looked down onto the ground in guilt.

"What should I do now.." Jiyeon mumbled to herself.

 

9:30 a.m. In T-ara N4's Training Room

 

"Unnie, gwenchana?" Dani asked, as she ran towards Jiyeon who was sitting on the ground, exhausted and gasping for air after the tiring hour of dance practice for their new single for T-ara N4.

"I'm fine. Don't worry." Jiyeon replied back.

"Ahhh..." Hyomin dragged her voice. She took a bottle of mineral water before hopping to a seat beside Jiyeon on the ground as she wrapped her arms around her. She then added on, "Don't lie. A dumb person would know you are troubled when you met up with us for the training today morning." 

"Wae..." Jiyeon whined.

Eunjung then stated, "you know, you came to us today morning in such a dull, sad manner. You came slowly strolling towards us. On normal days where you are either normal or happy, you would come skipping towards us, chirping and chatting like a chatterbox, but not for today. You were so quiet and silent today morning. What's troubling you maknae?" 

Jiyeon sighed and played with her fingers. The members started guessing her problems. Dani guessed it was about comeback, however Eunjung guessed it was about friendships and stuff, but Hyomin was the smart and intellectual one. She saw right through Jiyeon and guessed it was a relationship matter.

"Is it something wrong with you and L-sshi?" Hyomin asked.

Jiyeon bit her lips. "We're fine.. Just that... I'm troubled because another person confessed his crush to me yesterday too." Jiyeon stated. 

The members gasped in shock, especially Eunjung and Hyomin. Hyomin then nudged her waist. "Yah, you and L-sshi only reconciled yesterday! Aish, the god must be playing tricks on you. You're so damn unlucky." Hyomin exclaimed as Jiyeon sighed and nodded her head in agreement.

"Whos' the guy? Do we know him?" Dani asked eagerly.

"Ahhh..." Jiyeon whined as she ruffled her hair. "Hoya-ah... He confessed his crush on me. I didn't know he would have a crush on me.. I didn't expect it to happen. What should I do now?" Jiyeon stated.

The members gasped in shock again, Eunjung's eyes were widened as she remained stunned for words. Hyomin then smacked Jiyeon's chest, "Then how do you feel for him? Do you like him too?" Hyomin questioned her.

"I don't really have any special feeling for him like I will have for Myungsoo. But I feel sorry for him. I don't know, maybe he was my close friend, but I feel sorry for him. I don't want to break his heart too." Jiyeon said.

"Then you want to break Myungsoo's heart?" Hyomin stated.

Jiyeon shook her head. "Yah, listen. I know you feel bad for Hoya, as you know that's unrequited love he's having, but then you have to be firm with your feelings and what you believe in. You know you love Myungsoo truly and deeply. That's a fact. Even a would know that. Stand strong of your love. You love Kim Myungsoo, no one else. Hoya, he's your good friend, no doubt, but then you don't love him. You're just feeling pitiful for his unrequited love to you. He needs to move on in all honesty, move on, forget his feelings for you and start seeing you as his friend ONLY." Hyomin explained as Jiyeon sighed and nodded her head.

"Yeah, I totally agree. You need to be firm of who you love. Don't be fickle and don't regret your decision to break up with Myungsoo just because you feel bad for Hoya-sshi. Myungsoo will feel sad too. After all, he loved you deeply." Dani added on.

Eunjung nodded her head. "I agree. We are all with you in this. Stay strong, maknae." Eunjung gave her own encouragement words as Jiyeon nodded her head.

Just then, she received a call. It was from Sunggyu. "Oh annyeonghaseyo, Sunggyu oppa." Jiyeon greeted.

(Hey, Jiyeon-sshi, have you met Hoya recently, or what? He has not been home since midnight.)

Jiyeon widened her eyes in shock. "What do you mean by.. that? He did not go back to the dorm? Then what about your Infinite activities?" Jiyeon exclaimed.

(That's why I'm calling you. I thought he might look for you since you're one of his closest friends or idol friends around. We've checked with all the Infinite members, they did not see Hoya at all for the entire day, and neither did any members talked to Hoya or asked for his whereabouts before he left. He also did not tell any member where he was heading to.)

"Have you looked for him around the neighbourhood?" Jiyeon asked.

(We have. Manager hyung and Woohyun and Dongwoo looked for him high and low. We started search since 8 and there is just no sight of him or no news of him. We've called all his idol friends and his close friends, highschool mates, no sound or no results of him at all. We've tried almost every means to find him but to no avail.)

Jiyeon bit her lips. "He did find me at midnight, and he just talked to me about some stuff before heading out. I guess.. uh... uh he left around 12:30 at my place? He didn't tell me where he was going to either." Jiyeon replied back.

(Okay, thanks. At least we know he went to find you. But probably we need to find out where he went next. We'll handle it, don't worry and don't think about it. We're gonna find him, I'll keep you updated.)

Jiyeon thanked him and hung up the call.

"What's wrong?" Dani asked.

"Sunggyu oppa called to tell me that Hoya was missing. No one knows his whereabouts. They've tried to find him high and low but they failed to find him. They're still finding him and I suppose their schedules were all affected and halted due to his disappearance." Jiyeon explained to them.

The members widened their eyes as they gasped in shock, total fabbergasted by the sudden news. Jiyeon sighed as she started sinking herself into deep thoughts.

"What... what if he went missing because of me? I mean, the way I pushed him away, maybe it made him felt as if he was rejected by me.. Ah, I should have comforted him and not make him embarrassed. He probably does not want to see anybody right now. He probably feels real bad." Jiyeon said nervously.

"Okay let's not just panick around, we need to do something, we need to help to find him." Hyomin stated.

"But how?" Dani asked.

"Manager oppa won't allow it." Eunjung stated.

"I don't care. I need to find him." Jiyeon stated as she stood up and ran out of the training room.

 

"Yah, Jiyeon!" The manager called out as he saw Jiyeon running out of the training room.

"Oppa, I need to do something real urgent! I'd be back soon! Sorry!" Jiyeon said before sprinting away, before the Manager oppa had his chance to chase after her to stop her.

The manager went into the training room as the members all crowded around him and explained the entire situation to him. He gasped in shock as he crossed his arms and furrowed his eyebrows.

His nervous expression nerve-wrecked the members as Hyomin called Jiyeon's number in panic but her efforts were fruitless as Jiyeon turned off her phone. The manager tapped his feet on the ground and sighed worriedly. "I guess we need to continue without her. I'll try to find her anyway. You guys don't worry, I'll handle this." The manager instructed them as the members nodded their heads obediently and abided by his instructions.

The manager went out and sat in his van and hit onto the roads, driving around to search for the sight of Jiyeon in the vicinity. However, little did he know that Jiyeon had boarded a bus and left to a place, where Hoya and Jiyeon had always frequent when they hang out occasionally. 

Jiyeon sat on the bus seat, staring at the view outside as she looked at her phone. She did not turn it off, she turned it to silent mode, and rejected every calls of the manager and her members. She did not want the manager and the members to know her whereabouts as she knew that Hoya and her just needed a private talk to solve this matter.

Jiyeon looked back at the view outside. "The park... I bet you went there." Jiyeon mumbled to herself.

That park, where Hoya and Jiyeon spent most of their hangout time at, was a memorable place to Jiyeon. They've shared many funny moments and many unforgettable moments as friends there. They played with each other, played with insects and the stray dogs there, Jiyeon even fell into the river once and Hoya had to pull her up.

It was truly an unforgettable moment there and Jiyeon just knew Hoya would be there, reminiscing about the moments they've shared previously.

Jiyeon reached the park. Strangely and coincidentally, it was the park Myungsoo brought her on the mini date and dinner last night. Jiyeon then ran about and stopped as she saw Hoya standing right infront of the river.


 

Here's the update!
COMMENT and SUBSCRIBE!