- 8 -

The Wrath of Idol Life [Season 2]

{ Love Blossom }

9:00 p.m. In the Streets near Infinite & Jiyeon's apartment

 

Jiyeon and Myungsoo were walking side by side along the streets, while window-shopping. There were plenty of stores opened at night, and it was a fascinating sight to see all the bright neon lights and signs all beautifully lit up, illuminating the streets with a colourful joyful atmosphere. They soon stopped by a makeup store, in which Jiyeon stuck her face right infront of the glass display, looking at the new arrivals that were placed neatly at the glass display.

"Wah, daebak. So beautiful and cute.." Jiyeon commented, pointing at the make-up with her fingers on the glass display. She turned around and looked at Myungsoo and asked, "Myungsoo-sshi, can I go in?" Jiyeon asked.

"You're using formalities again huh? It's fine, call me Myungsoo." Myungsoo said.

"Alright, Myungsoo, can we, please?" Jiyeon said.

Myungsoo pushed up his sunglasses and nodded his head. Jiyeon grabbed his hand and pulled him inside, as she ventured around the shop. The shop lives up to its name, a huge make-up shop, selling a huge variety of make-up, all from cosmetics to skin care, and to hair care products. Jiyeon tested some of the products, but she did not fancy any until she reached the selection of hair chalks at one counter. 

Jiyeon ran towards it and grabbed 1 tester and tried applying on her hair, but to no avail. "Ah, how do you do this? This hair chalk is so trending these days, I did it once in my MV, but then, it was the unnies that helped me do my hair." Jiyeon commented while trying to applying the pink coloured hair chalk on her hair.

"I think I know." Myungsoo said as he took the hair chalk and gently applied it on one end of her hair. The colour came out well, bright pink, in contrast to her dark brown wavy hair. Myungsoo then applied on other strands of her hair, and Jiyeon could only stare into the mirror with jaws wide open, and staring it in awe. She then clapped her hands as Myungsoo was done with it.

"Wah, jinja..." Jiyeon commented. She then continued on, "You seriously know makeup pretty well." Jiyeon praised him.

Myungsoo smirked and raised his head. "Of course, it's just general knowledge." Myungsoo bragged.

Jiyeon smirked. "So you're trying to say I have no common sense?" Jiyeon said, rolling her eyes.

"Ah... ani. Ah... a...aish." Myungsoo uttered as Jiyeon started giggling.

Jiyeon then grabbed the hair chalks, blue and pink and paid for them at the cashier. The cashier handled her the shopping bag and Jiyeon accepted it as both of them went back on the streets, walking up the streets while looking at the window displays of the shops along the way. Jiyeon and Myungsoo's hands brushed against each other while they walk, which irritated Myungsoo.

Myungsoo looked at Jiyeon, whom was not aware of it, and had her eyes continuously pinned at the glass displays. Myungsoo bit his lips as he placed his hands together, holding them together, and the brushing stopped. Myungsoo bit his lips while they continued strolling further. Jiyeon then stopped at a small boutique and went inside.

She saw a black shirt for the male, hanging at the clothes rack. She took it out and placed at Myungsoo's body. "Kyeopta." Jiyeon mumbled while giggling sheepishly as she paid for it to the cashier and handled the shopping bag to Myungsoo.

"For you." Jiyeon said, smiling.

"Wh.. what? For me? Wae?" Myungsoo asked curiously.

"Just accept it." Jiyeon said, as they walked out of the shop.

Suddenly, Jiyeon and Myungsoo was greeted by screams from their back. Jiyeon turned around and saw Hyomin and Woohyun running towards them. "Aish, these two, always following us." Jiyeon commented, that caused Myungsoo to erupt a laughter out of his mouth. 

"Yah, you two.." Woohyun said, as both of them met upon Myungsoo and Jiyeon. "Jiyeon-sshi, you didn't bring your phone with you along." Woohyun said, turning his head at Jiyeon.

Hyomin stared at Jiyeon deadly. "Yah, Park Jiyeon, you want us to search for you? We searched for you high and low only to see you and Myungsoo shopping so happily. It's already 10, for god sake." Hyomin hissed at her.

"Ah, it isn't Jiyeon's fault. She wanted to go back to Infinite's dorm straight after having ice cream. It's my fault actually, I actually insisted on going shopping along the streets." Myungsoo apologized.

Jiyeon looked at him in disbelief while she turned back at Hyomin but Hyomin shut her off, saying, "Alright, whatever, it's not the time to pinpoint who's at fault anyways. Anyway, Jiyeon and I have to go back home now, we have schedules tomorrow too and a comeback stage. So, we must take our leave right now."

"Okay.." Myungsoo said in a soft manner. He then bid farewell to the both of them, along with Woohyun as both of them waved goodbye to both of them as their backs turned against them and disappeared from sight.

Woohyun then patted on Myungsoo's shoulders as they all had their arms around each other's shoulders and slowly walked back to their dorm, while chatting along like brothers. 

Jiyeon and Hyomin were strolling back, while Jiyeon held onto her shopping bag. Hyomin's eyes pinned at the shopping bag as she took it and looked at its contents. "Wah, hair chalk?" She commented, taking it out and staring at it in awe, while opening up to examine the hair chalk. Jiyeon nodded her head as Hyomin looked at her hair. "Is this colour used from hair chalk?" Hyomin pointed at her as Jiyeon nodded her head again. Hyomin then slowly the coloured hair strands while nodding her head excitedly.

"You did it all by yourself?" Hyomin questioned her further.

"Myungsoo helped me with it. I didn't really know how to do it though." Jiyeon explained.

Hyomin widened her eyes at shock. The next moment, her lips curved and she smiled sheepishly at Jiyeon. "Things are progressing well with you two, huh? You guys dated 2 times, I think you guys have progress. When will the next date be?" Hyomin commented.

Jiyeon smacked Hyomin's shoulders while replying back, "Ani. Those were just coincidental meetings." 

Hyomin rolled her eyes. She then retorted back, "Oh please, stop being in denial. Just now, who's the one that initiated to look for Myungsoo-sshi at Baskin Robbins? I wonder who's the one that agreed to go shopping with Myungsoo-sshi, and both of them were walking side-by-side, so close to each other like some lovers." 

Jiyeon rolled her eyes at her and threw a fit at Hyomin, while rushing back into her apartment. They both bid their farewells with each other with an earthly friendly hug as they separated their ways. Hyomin, to taking their subway and Jiyeon, walking back towards her apartment. She went inside, the heater and removed her coat, revealing her gorgeous blouse and skin-tight jeans while placing her coat at the sofa, as she slouched her body against the sofa and the television.

It was the usual routine - watching television in this cold winter night with the heater , warming up her feet as she wiggled her toes, eyes continuously pinned at the television screen, watching the drama intensely. Jiyeon suddenly received a message from her phone. She looked at it, and smiled upon reading it.

It was from Myungsoo, it read, Thanks for the T-shirt. I love black shirts and this design is cool, especially that small pocket at the side of the shirt. I love it a lot. Thanks a lot, and you look pretty with the pink coloured hair. 

Jiyeon touched the strands of her pink hair and smiled. Jiyeon texted back at him. It's alright! It just looks cute, and I guess you will look good in it. You wouldn't want to know, I totally guessed that you like black shirts. Glad that my guessing was correct! :)

You're so smart haha! Thanks anyway for the shirt. I like it. See you soon. Myungsoo texted her back.

Jiyeon grinned upon reading his text. See you soon. See you soon. Those words rung into her mind repeatedly as she laid her body on the couch, with the television , thinking about Myungsoo. 

"Myungsoo.." She slowly muttered. "I think I like you." Jiyeon mumbled.

 

10:00 a.m. In CCM Training Room

 

Jiyeon and the T-ara members were rehearsing for their Inkigayo performance later on with back-to-back dance practice and vocal trainings for their latest single, "What Do I Do?". Trainings were as usual, harsh and long. Jiyeon and the other members had practiced the dance moves for a whopping 2 hours non-stop, and they were already dead beat from all that straineous exercise.

Jiyeon slammed her body against the wall, as she sat on the ground, dead beat, as she took her phone out and used it. She read through the news sites and read through ever single news on Infinite. She then stumbled on a performance clip of their single, Destiny. She clicked them out of curiosity, plug her earpiece into her phone and watched the clip carefully.

There she saw, her love dancing intensely and working hard on the stage. Infinite, as a whole was shining bright with radiance on the stage, mastering their moves and doing a spectacular performance with their intense choreography and vocal skills. She was thrilled in watching their performance, it was a masterpiece performed by them.

Jiyeon's heart was beating tremendously fast as whenever L's on the screen, he did a charismatic glare, his eyes were full of emotions and it meant something special to her. Each glare and each close-up shoot make her heart flutter, and she could feel her tummy swirling with a tickling sensation, while she smiled and the performance ended. She took out her earpiece, unplugged it off her phone and continued surfing the web.

"So, somebody is obviously interested in INFINITE now." Boram said, sitting beside her while wiping sweat off her with her towel. 

Jiyeon looked at the small girl beside her and rolled her eyes. "Ani, just observing other groups' performance. You know, doing self-reflection and stuff like that." Jiyeon forced an excuse.

Lunch soon came served to the members, as they all took their lunch boxes and digged into their food hungrily. They all ate their food silently, stuffing their mouth with chunks and chunks of food on their spoons. They all ate their food swiftly and placed their empty lunch boxes on the ground, while Qri, the obedient leader went to clean up the mess, stacked the boxes of empty lunch boxes and disposed them off carefully. 

"You guys should totally check out Forever 21's new winter line. The coats are so luxurious and pretty. I really want to get my hands on some of those coats. And it's pretty cheap." Hyomin pointed out, while looking at her phone.

"Ani, the Burberry coats are much more elegant and my style." Soyeon denied, while showing the members the clothes.

"Yah, you guys are talking so much about fashion. Our maknae dino is just not into it. She's obviously more into Infinite." Boram teased as Jiyeon looked up with widened eyes as she stared at them in an astonished manner.

"Bwo? Dino like Infinite?" Soyeon said in disbelief. "Jinja? She doesn't hang around with male idols much." Soyeon added on. She continued further, "She only knows Seungho, MBLAQ, and some male actors, and those from Dream High. She doesn't know much male idols, nor does she hangs out much with male idols." 

"Ani, she just now watched Infinite's performance for Destiny.." Boram insisted, causing much bewilderment from all the members.

Jiyeon, out of embarrassment, hid herself between her arms and legs, while the other members kept teasing her and mentioning about Infinite. Each time they mentioned Infinite, Jiyeon could feel her cheeks heating up, and she would always be reminded of Myungsoo, those two outings, the hair chalk incident, and of course, that night.

"Jinja? If like that, two of our members are liking two members from Infinite, wah this is great~" Eunjung exclaimed.

"Unnie, Jiyeon like somebody from INFINITE?" Qri asked in shock as she came back confused.

"I think it's L-sshi." Soyeon guessed. "L-sshi, he's handsome and dreamy, totally Jiyeon's style. Doesn't she like somebody with much charisma on the inside instead of the outside. Look at L-sshi's face and eyes, those are like some features Jiyeon would definitely like, it means something and has that mysterious aura in it." Soyeon explained further.

"Jinja? L-sshi, is not bad. I don't talk to him much, but the other members of Infinite were full of praises over him that time I talked to Hoya-sshi and Dongwoo-sshi." Eunjung said.

"Ah, unnies stop it." Jiyeon said as the members continued talking. Sighing, she could only sit down, bury herself in embarrassment and take all the torment from all the other members.

"Could she like Hoya-sshi? Hoya's masculine, so manly and charismatic. He looks good too." Qri stated.

"Maybe, but I'm more to L-sshi. L-sshi seems to fit Jiyeon more, and I think she likes him, right Jiyeon-ah?" Soyeon said, poking Jiyeon's shoulders.

"Ah, ah, ani ... ani.." Jiyeon denied.

"Then Hoya-sshi?" Qri asked.

"Ani~ He's my chingu." Jiyeon said sternly.

"Totally L-sshi." Soyeon pointed out.

"Bwo?" Jiyeon said softly, while she cupped her cheeks that was burning red out of the huge embarrassment.

"See, I guessed it correctly." Soyeon bragged as the other members started teasing her with Myungsoo.

Vocal training followed, and the T-ara members are now done with it and ready to get kicking in their Inkigayo stage as they were now at their backstage dressing room, while getting ready, dressed and styled perfectly by the stylists for their comeback stage for the Inkigayo Show. Jiyeon was at the dressing table, the stylist doing and curling her hair up while she was using her phone.

She was actually reading the latest message sent by Myungsoo.

Hey, good luck for your Inkigayo stage! I'll be rooting for you! :) Um, wanna meet later? At my dorm? 6? The message read.

Jiyeon then replied the message. Sure, see you then! :)

Jiyeon smiled as she rest the phone at her heart, while smiling at the rememberance of Myungsoo.

 

The inkigayo stage ended pretty soon, and it was already 5:30p.m.. In hurry, Jiyeon requested the manager to drive her back to Infinite's dorm, in which the manager politely abided by her request. Jiyeon was dropped off 100 metres away from their dorm, so as to avoid unnecessary paparazzis and crazy Infinite fangirls. She was slowly walking up to their dorm, to see several fangirls talking to a middle-aged man.

She took a closer look and recognized that man as Infinite's manager, in which she have seen him quite around oftenly. She then saw him pushing the fangirls away, while yelling and raising his voice at them. The fangirls were a little hot-headed, as they screamed back at him, in which they soon stormed off in an angry manner.

Jiyeon then moved forward, and the manager soon saw her.

"Jiyeon-sshi?" The manager said.

"Ah, ne. Myungsoo-sshi, is he in?" Jiyeon asked politely.

The manager looked around and around again. "Okay, no one. Yeah, he's in. Hurry up and get inside." The manager said as he brought Jiyeon into the apartment building hastily and ran back outside, guarding the apartment.

Jiyeon went up to the level of Infinite's dorm, as she slowly pressed the bell. The Infinite members' faces could be seen through the machine as they saw Jiyeon's face and their smiles lit up brightly as they unlocked the door for her. They greeted her in as Jiyeon wandered around their dorm.

"Is Myungsoo-sshi in?" She asked.

"Yeah, in the room with Sungyeol chatting." Woohyun pointed to the door at the end. "Help yourself and feel yourself at home, we'll go do our stuff. Call us when you need us." Woohyun added on as Jiyeon nodded and thanked him graciously.

She went up to the door, only to overheard Myungsoo and Sungyeol's conversation.

You're meeting her again? You like her don't you? Sungyeol asked.

I don't know, maybe. But she helped me forget Do Yeon. I just want to be friends with her, at least to make up for that night. I am really apologetic for taking away her ity. Myungsoo replied back. 

Sungyeol sighed. So, you're just befriending her out of pity? Just over that night?

Myungsoo then replied back shortly. Ani... Partially was that, I just want to make her happy so as to make up for that night. You know, I'm trying to be responsible for the mistake we made. Maybe being friends with her isn't any harmful to me as well. I can make more friends, I think that is great enough already.

What if she falls in love with you? Sungyeol asked.

I hope not. We're idols, it'd be hard for us.. It's better if we remain as close friends. I don't want anymore hassle in my idol life like what I experienced with Do Yeon. I am also not ready for it. Myungsoo said.

Jiyeon heard all of it, she felt a pain in her heart. Nevertheless, she slowly knocked on the door as Myungsoo opened the door as his eyes widened to see Jiyeon standing outside, smiling.

Neither did he know, that smile was forced. Behind that smile lays a tearing heart. Maybe her love was unrequited.


COMMENT and SUBSCRIBE!