- 6-

The Wrath of Idol Life [Season 2]

{ Our Second Meeting }

7:30 p.m. Next Week, Friday, in T-ara's Van

 

T-ara had just finished their comeback stage in Music Bank with their latest single, "What Do I Do?". The latest single was much well-received, but it was not as strong as compared to their previous single, "Number 9". They kind of expected it, the public's interest of them had significally decreased ever since their controversy but it had bounced back up a little, and they've received love from their fans again.

Despite the hurt from the controversy, T-ara continued, bracing themselves and going against the hate from the hateful girls out in the public and coming back with greater singles. They always had the slogan, come back stronger than never, as their vision ever since the controversy had broken out and chaos had befallen between the members.

They hopped into their vans as the manager turned around, did a simple count of the members and signalled the driver to hit on the road. The driver abided by his instructions obediently and hit the van onto the main road, and the members were in the van, all worn out from the exhausting comeback stage in Music Bank.

The car was zooming past the highway, while the members were minding their own business as usual. Jiyeon was casually playing with her hair, her fingers dugged into her strands and strands of hair, as she brushed her hair slowly with her fingers, as she stared at her phone with much interest. Her ears were focussing on the loud voices of the other members, whom were discussing about fashion.

Hyomin was currently browsing through the latest fashion trends in her lookbook, while sharing pictures and pictures of models to the other members, whom had their jaws dropping from the gorgeous outfits and the perfection of the models.

After another 20 minutes, the van stopped by the van and Jiyeon bid her farewell to the driver and the manager, while thanking them repeatedly as she hopped off the van with the bag. The van zoomed right off her face as she swung her bag across her shoulders, as she stared at her clock on the phone, it was only 8 at night.

She was free. T-ara did not have any activities or schedules after the comeback stage. They had the entire night free, all to themselves but they would have a packed day tomorrow, from training all the way to the comeback stage in the Music Core. Jiyeon sighed as she walked along the streets. Though they had stopped her infront of her apartment, she did not want to go back home so early and confine herself in that pathetic space.

She did not live with her parents like some of her other members did. Their parents lived away from Seoul and it would be much of a hassle to move into their home and had to travel for long hours to work and to music stations and shows etc. Jiyeon sighed once again, as the cold wind brushed across her hair, letting her wavy hair set loose.

Jiyeon shut her eyes and took another deep breath of cold, still air. Jiyeon then stopped by a library cafe, where books unite and coffee lovers unite together with bookworms. Jiyeon looked at the bright shining lights in the cafe, it seemed warm inside as the floors were wood, walls were wood and bookshelves were glorious with the wide array of books neatly placed on the bookshelves. 

She stepped inside to be greeted by the warmth of the cafe. The cafe workers were all energetic, peppy and youthful. They wore bright smiles as they bowed and greeted her in all friendliness. The cashier pointed her to the counter as she walked up as she then stared at her in much awe and amaze. Jiyeon looked at her and forced a smile while staring at her weirdly. 

"Ah... T-ara... j..Jiyeon?" She guessed.

Jiyeon widened her eyes. She felt shocked all of a sudden, it was just a surprise for her as not many people would recognize her after she did not wear her makeup on after the music show. She then nodded her head slowly while smiling and blushing at the cashier. The cashier smiled and handled her a piece of tissue. 

"Can I have your Autograph please? I love your song "Number 9" especially." She asked politely as Jiyeon nodded and signed on the tissue paper and handled to her gently.

"Kamsamida, you look like a graceful lady unnie. I really envy you a lot." She then added on, causing Jiyeon to smile out of flattery.

"The drink's on me, what would you like?" The cashier said.

"Ah... um, just a cup of cappuccino will do please. But let me pay, it's really alright." Jiyeon said, as she handled over a 10,000 won cash note.

The cashier sighed and nodded her head while placing her orders on the register, and cashing her cash note into the cash drawer, and returned her with the change.

"Your name is... ah, Eun Joo." Jiyeon said, staring right at her name tag. "Thanks for supporting T-ara. We appreciate it." Jiyeon added on as she bowed at her gratefully as the cashier got nervous at her.

"Ah... it's alright. You need not bow at me." Eunjoo said, blushing. "You seemed shock when you heard me calling your name just now." Eunjoo added on as Jiyeon chuckled and scratched the back of her neck awkwardly.

"I just didn't expect you to recognize me.. You seemed young, I didn't expect you would actually adore T-ara, you know after all that controversy." Jiyeon said while stammering.

"Ah, jinja? Why do you say so? I'm in the University, working part-time here, everybody in the University is alright with T-ara, the only haters up now are those irrelevant and idiotic dumb teen girls and some highschoolers. Those are much of a rubbish and trash." Eunjoo said, causing a laughter from Jiyeon.

"Anyway, kamsamida for supporting T-ara." Jiyeon thanked her again.

"Ah, gwenchana." Eunjoo said as she soon handled her the cup of cappuccino. "Enjoy your drink, unnie." She said, smiling brightly as Jiyeon nodded her head and carried the tray with her upstairs.

Upstairs was totally quiet, there was only two tables occupied out of the 5 tables upstairs. Bookshelves were plenty, and filled with all sort of books, fiction, non-fiction, and all the themes were all neatly arranged and grouped accordingly. Jiyeon then stumbled upon a man, dressed in a hoodie and shorts, wearing sport shoes, slim fit, lowering his head while reading a book. 

She found that figure vaguely familiar, she then looked at his table and saw a camera, and two other books on photography on the table, accompanied by a fresh cup of hot chocolate. The man took the cup, his eyes never leaving the book as he took another soft sip on the cup of hot chocolate. The hot chocolate melted on his lips as he his lips clean, continue reading the books with great interest.

Jiyeon took a seat on a table beside him, in a way she could see his figure from where she was sitting. She was diagonally across him, as she would glance at him occasionally. He was just so familiar to Jiyeon, it was as if she met him before and had something with him. She cupped the cup slowly, while tilting it to drink her cappuccino. 

The man lifted his head at once, and placed the book down. The face caught Jiyeon's attention as she gasped in shock. She placed the cup down and the man turned around and was shocked at her as well. That man... was Kim Myungsoo of Infinite.

Myungsoo then eyed the seat across the table but Jiyeon shook her head, while lowering her head, pretending to read the romance book on her hands as she soon heard the sound of moving chairs as someone pulled the chair across the table and took a seat, placing his cup on the table along with his books. Jiyeon slowly raised her head back up and gasped to see Myungsoo sitting across her on the table.

"All alone?" He said.

"Why are you sitting here? You're an idol. We're idols." Jiyeon hissed at him.

"So? You didn't even want to move to my table, so I guess I should take the initiative instead then. Here I am then." Myungsoo said, sipping on his hot chocolate and reading his book.

"Are you really gonna be like this? Are we really gonna end up sitting together?" Jiyeon said.

"You hate me?" Myungsoo asked.

"Ah... ah.. ani." Jiyeon denied.

"Good, I don't see how you would hate someone anyway. It's fine like that." Myungsoo said, continuing to read his book.

As Myungsoo was engrossed in his photography book, Jiyeon read her book, and drank her cup of cappuccino, while occasionally secretly glancing at Myungsoo's delicate features and his engrossed look as he read his book.

 

This continued for another hour. Jiyeon got tired after reading the book. She yawned as her eyes was tired and teary as she raised her head up and saw Myungsoo sleeping with the book still on his hands. Jiyeon smirked as she then studied his features. Long eyelashes, neat eyebrows, clean, soft, flawless skin, his dimples was obvious, his lips was perfect and his sharp nose was to die for. 

Jiyeon smiled sheepishly as she stared at him again as she placed the book down on the table, stretched her arms again and yawned quietly. She then looked around the floor, there was no one else left the in the cafe. She glanced at the clock on her phone again, it was already 10:00 p.m.. She then sighed as she took another glance at Myungsoo.

She got to admit, Myungsoo is handsome.

She smiled again as suddenly Eunjoo came up with a tray containing a cup of cappuccino. Jiyeon looked at her curiously as she smiled back at her as Eun Joo placed the cup on the desk and said, "Another one for you, I suppose you must have finished it so I decided to get you a new one." 

Jiyeon smiled and handled her the exact cash but Eun Joo refused. Jiyeon then opened her palm and placed the exact cash and covered it back and pushed it to her. "Accept it. Please." She said.

Eun Joo sighed and nodded her head in defeat. She then turned around and widened her eyes at the sleeping Myungsoo. "Omo.. am I disturbing you two?" She said.

"Ah ani! He's sleeping so, you aren't even disturbing us at all." Jiyeon whispered back as Eun Joo chuckled and nodded her head and left her alone with Myungsoo.

Jiyeon sighed as she smiled at the sight of the newly-brewed cup of cappuccino. She took a sip of it as she placed it down and let the cappuccino swirl about in her tongue. The warmth is exactly what she need in this cold winter night. She shivered as she wore her coat back on while eyeing at the sleeping Myungsoo whose head was bobbing up and down.

She sighed. *Are you really that sleepy? Though you might seem like all smiles and laughters in concerts and TV shows, but you're just like any idol out there. Full of thoughts and difficulties in the mind.* Jiyeon thought while resting her head on her arm on the table as suddenly Myungsoo moved and he shook his head as he jerked his head up and stretched his body.

Jiyeon sat away, leaning her body on the chair as she pretended to read the book immediately. Myungsoo's alertness made him push the book away from Jiyeon's hands.

"Stop faking it. It's so obvious." Myungsoo said, smirking at him.

Jiyeon sighed as she took her bag and drank the cup of cappuccino to the last drop as she took her bag and tidied her coat and jeans and stood up from her seat. Myungsoo looked up at her in shock. 

"Yah, what are you doing?" Myungsoo said.

"Can't you see? I'm leaving. I got a lot of schedules tomorrow." Jiyeon retorted back at him.

"Yah!" Myungsoo shouted as Jiyeon slowly walked down the stairs.

Myungsoo grabbed his camera and swung it across his neck and grabbed his bag along with him as he rushed down the stairs and went out of the cafe. He looked to the left and to the right and saw the back figure of Jiyeon, walking away from him. Myungsoo cursed under his breath as he took a huge breath in and sprinted towards her.

He grabbed her wrist and spun her around as he gripped onto her wrist even tighter. "Are you seriously pissed at me out of embarrassment." Myungsoo said as he let go her hand as they walked side by side.

"Why are you following me? Infinite doesn't have any schedules?" Jiyeon asked him.

"Our dorm is just in this area. Just another 500m back to dorm. I just had a run around the block as a form of exercise." Myungsoo said as he was shivering even with his hoodie on.

Jiyeon smirked. "That's the price to pay for wearing shorts to run in this cold winter." She hissed at him as Myungsoo smirked in reply.

Silence fallen between them again as they strolled for another 100 metres, no one talked but simply they could hear each other's breath and the smoke they produced from their breathings were the only things that connected them. 

"It's really cold." Myungsoo suddenly said randomly as Jiyeon nodded her head.

Silence again for the next 2 minutes before Jiyeon suddenly spoke, "um... that night.. What do we do?" 

"That night... uh.. mianhae." Myungsoo apologized softly.

Jiyeon scratched the back of her head. "I shouldn't have said that thing again. It's really awkward and weird." Jiyeon mumbled.

"Ah ani. It's about time we confront each other about that night. I've been thinking a lot about it.. I'm really sorry for taking your first one away. I'm really.. sorry." Myungsoo said.

"Ani, I also thought of it a lot. It's not your fault. Since it's both of us willing to do it under the effect of alcohol. It was irreversible, and was pretty bound to happen anyway. I am not mad at you for it. I'm really okay about it." Jiyeon said as she stopped.

Myungsoo stopped as well as he smiled. "Thanks, friends still?" Myungsoo said.

"Yeah.. Idol friend." Jiyeon agreed. 

"Though I don't really know you well, we've been in programmes several times together. But you seemed nice to be with." Jiyeon said.

"Wow, that's a great thing then." Myungsoo commented. "It's rare for people to say I'm nice to be with. Almost nobody ever says that." Myungsoo added on.

"That all say I'm cold from their first impression and most of them dared not to approach me to be friends, guess my cold nature was a turn off for many people." Myungsoo continued on.

"Why do you say so? You got a girlfriend, and it means you aren't that type of antisocial." Jiyeon said.

"We broke up." Myungsoo said.

"Ah jinja.." Jiyeon said softly while lowering her head in embarrassment.

"Everyone still thinks we're dating. We already estranged from each other ever since the scandal and we even broke up with each other on that day the scandal broke up, right even before my company announced our relationship was true. Guess people didn't read the entire thing and just jump to conclusions." Myungsoo said, sighing.

Jiyeon bit her lips and apologized, "Mianhae, guess I was one of those people that did not really read it carefully. I didn't see that your company said that you guys have broke up already." 

"It's alright." Myungsoo said, laughing.

"Are.. you okay, Myungsoo-sshi?" Jiyeon said.

"I'm alright. I'm going to get over her. Maybe I already did, thanks to you." Myungsoo said. "That night and today, I can confirm I have forgotten about her. Our relationship is just a stepping stone in my life, to become a better L, and a better Kim Myungsoo of Infinite." Myungsoo added on.

Jiyeon smiled. "Glad to help you."

 

Meanwhile, far away, Hyomin and Woohyun came out of a cafe across the street of the Library cafe, with their hands interlocked with each other. Woohyun raised their hands to his lips and pecked it gently, pecking Hyomin's palm, leaving Hyomin smiling and grinning sheepishly at her palm as Woohyun leaned to her cheeks and pecked it softly.

"Yah oppa, you're so cheezy as usual." Hyomin said smacking his arm. 

"Of course, cheezy for you only babe." Woohyun said, smiling at her like an angel.

"Yah quit it." Hyomin said, chuckling at him as she placed the bag of clothes straight infront of his face. "Oppa, I'm so glad, I love this present from you oppa. So beautiful." Hyomin praised him.

"Of course, I choose the best stuff for my babe." Woohyun said again causing Hyomin to smack his chest in disbelief.

"You're just too cheezy oppa." Hyomin said, rolling her eyes at him as they continued strolling along that street. "Oppa, when are you free again? I wanna go on a date with you like this again. Though we only spent 2 hours, but that 2 hours was worth it. I really miss you during your world tour days. We barely meet much during that period." Hyomin added on.

"Idol life is so buzy. Nature will bring us together one day. Anyway, I'll call you for dates. Let me take the initiative." Woohyun said, beaming with smiles at Hyomin.

Hyomin smiled back and nodded her head. They continued walking and Hyomin immediately stopped on her track, catching the attention of the two people facing each other across the street.

"Wae?" Woohyun asked.

"Jiyeonnie!" Hyomin pointed to Jiyeon across the street. She grabbed Woohyun's hands even tighter and ran across the empty streets, and towards the two people. 

"Jiyeonnie!" Hyomin shouted out as Jiyeon turned around and widened her eyes in shock. She did not see her coming at all. She was somehow, the unexpected guest. 

Myungsoo turned around and saw Hyomin and bowed at him. Hyomin was still shocked by Myungsoo's appearance. She did not know Myungsoo was beside her, neither did she know Jiyeon would know Myungsoo since she had never mentioned his name to her at all.

"Oh, annyeong L-sshi." Hyomin greeted with another bow.

"Yo Myung, why are you here? You know Jiyeon-sshi?" Woohyun said, looking at him and Jiyeon.

"Ah we just met each other, so decided to hang out." Myungsoo explained.

Hyomin nodded her head as Woohyun removed their hands and scratched the back of his head as Myungsoo smirked and smacked his arm. "Yah, hyung I saw that already. I knew this was the case." Myungsoo said, causing Hyomin and Woohyun to blush in embarrassment as Jiyeon was laughing and mocking the both of them.

"Let's go back to the dorm." Woohyun changed the topic and bid farewell to both of the girls and pushed Myungsoo away from them hastily.

"Hyung, she suits you well." Myungsoo commented.

Woohyun smiled back. "Thanks, of course I know that." He replied back.

Myungsoo scoffed at him. "Arrogant, much?" He said, chuckling at Woohyun as they went back while chatting like brothers.

 

"Unnie... We're just casual friends." Jiyeon whined as Hyomin kept clinging onto her arm and bugging her. "It's like Infinite and T-ara are destined to date." Hyomin said.

"Bwoah?" Jiyeon said, looking at her in disgust.

"It's like me and Woohyun, you and L-sshi would be an item sooner or later... Hm lets see, let's match make the rest of T-ara with other members. Hmmm, Eunjung with Hoya, Boram unnie with hm... let's see, Dongwoo seems like a suitable candidate. Those two are full of 4D personality. Umm, Soyeon with Sunggyu seems legit, and Qri with Sungyeol, ulzzang couple." Hyomin said.

"Yah, stop daydreaming unnie~. Soyeon unnie is already dating, are you insane?" Jiyeon said.

"Okay then, except Soyeon unnie." Hyomin said, smirking at Jiyeon. 

"Yah unnie, we're just friends, for god sake." Jiyeon reinforced.

"Ara ara. I get it alright. I'm heading home, it's late already. See ya, and you sleep early too, stop texting him alright?" Hyomin again and immediately ran for her life before Jiyeon could begin chasing her.

"Aish, this unnie." Jiyeon said sulking as she slowly walked back to her apartment.


Another update for the day! I'm done with tests. So done with it. :)

I'll update as often as I can. Thanks for supporting!
COMMENT and SUBSCRIBE!