- 18 -

The Wrath of Idol Life [Season 2]

{ Mess }

10:00 a.m. In The Park

 

Jiyeon widened her eyes as she saw Hoya standing right infront of the river. She stopped at there as she saw how Hoya inched closer to the river, slowly and slowly reaching to the side of the river. Jiyeon gasped as she dashed right to him and pulled him back as Hoya widened her eyes as she spun him around to face her.

"Yah, are you trying to be crazy? What are you thinking? Suicide? Are you really going to sarifice your life over me?!" Jiyeon shouted.

"I wasn't.. I.. I drop the bracelet you bought for me in the river. I was trying to find it back." Hoya stated as Jiyeon looked at him, stunned for words as she started stammering her feet and stuttering her words.

She scratched the back of her neck, as she stuttered, "U...Ummm.. um w...well yeah... o...umm... ok. Sorry, I..I misunderstood your intentions, but don't ever think of suicide. Don't you ever, Lee Howon." 

Jiyeon picked her senses back as Hoya nodded his head and mumbled, "I like the way you call my name." 

Jiyeon looked at him in shock as she remained silent. "Umm.. umm come on, I'll bring you back to the dorm. The members must be worried sick over you." Jiyeon stated as both of them walked to the bus stop.

They remained silent all the way, even when they sat right next to each other on the bench of the bus-stop. Jiyeon looked at her phone while messaging Sunggyu about Hoya and Sunggyu replied her immediately, thanking her profusely. Myungsoo even messaged her and he sent some romantic, sweet words to her, which her heart fluttered to.

Hoya secretly read her messages. His heart was crushing as he realize how close Jiyeon and Myungsoo were, how much they deeply love each other. Hoya sighed as he was guilt-struck, however another part of him still has this crush for Jiyeon. He heaved a sorrowful sigh as the bus soon arrived and they took a seat, together.

The bus ride was quiet. The commuters remained silent and civilised, minding their own business, while keeping the atmosphere calm and peaceful. Hoya cleared his throat while Jiyeon had her eyes pinned on the passing scenery outside the bus throughout the entire bus journey. Hoya bit his lips while secretly glancing at Jiyeon.

The glances were satisfaction for Hoya. He did not expect Jiyeon to stare back at him mesmerisingly like lovers. Lovers would be almost impossible for both of them. Hoya sighed. He looked at her again. The beautiful curve of her jawline, the beautiful eyes that meant a thousand of words.

Hoya suddenly grip onto Jiyeon's hands. Jiyeon turned around as Hoya looked at her in a sorrowful manner. Jiyeon lowered her eyes at her hands, whom Hoya was gently gripping onto. She tried to push his hands away but Hoya cupped his hands around her hand. Hoya continued looking at her as Jiyeon bit her head and lowered her head.

"Hoya-ah, sorry." She said, but Hoya did not let go of her hands.

"Hoya-ah, pl..please.. just, we can't be together. I.. I love Myungsoo." Jiyeon replied back but Hoya sighed. "I was late." Hoya stated as Jiyeon looked at him.

"I guessed I had a crush on you at the wrong time. In fact, I was always in the wrong timing for everyone. I wanted to celebrate your birthday last year together, but T-ara unnies already planned a birthday party for you. I also wanted to buy you a christmas present, but I heard you went to celebrate christmas with Myungsoo and the T-ara unnies too. I was always late in everything. Guess... I was late in loving you too." Hoya said as Jiyeon looked at him apologetically.

"I just want to know your true feelings. I guess I know the answer now." Hoya added on as he removed his hands from Jiyeon as he looked away from Jiyeon, diverting his attention elsewhere.

Jiyeon lowered her head as she silently thought about what Hoya had said a moment ago. He was late. He was late in everything. He planned a lot for Jiyeon. He cared for her a lot. It's just that fate did not make him successful in caring her. Fate was not for them. Jiyeon felt a pang of guilt for Hoya. Knowing that Hoya had done a lot for her but did not show it to her, she felt a little regretful and sad for Hoya. She wanted to let him care for her, but fate separated them apart.

Maybe they aren't fated.

The bus has arrived the stop and they hopped off the bus. They walked together back to the Infinite dorm, as Jiyeon had promised to send Hoya back to the Infinite dorm. Although they walked side-by-side, Jiyeon kept quite a distance from Hoya still. She was shocked, and was awkward. Their relationship had turned from best buddies to awkward strangers.

Stepping into the dorm, she and Hoya was greeted by welcoming shouts and screams from the members. Sunggyu came to Hoya and smacked his arm violently while pulling him and lecturing him in one corner of the dorm, while Woohyun brought Jiyeon in and had her seated in the sofa, while patiently waiting for Myungsoo to come out of his room.

Myungsoo came soon after Woohyun called out for his name, and Myungsoo jumped onto the couch, as his hands naturally slid across Jiyeon's shoulders as he pushed Jiyeon nearer to him. 

Jiyeon's body was pressed onto Myungsoo as she bit her lips and turned her head around and saw Hoya secretly looking at the both of them. She could see hurt in his eyes, a sign of sadness and disappointment. She then pushed Myungsoo's body away while smiling at Myungsoo in an awkward manner.

Myungsoo saw through her and knew something was strange about her today. Yesterday they were fine but today, she was being awkward around with Myungsoo. Myungsoo played along, as he smiled back at her as both of them listened to the Infinite member's conversation in a quiet manner.

 

After an hour of hangout, Myungsoo agreed to send Jiyeon back to the CCM building as Jiyeon is scheduled for comeback practices for the day. Myungsoo held onto Jiyeon's hands only once they exited the apartment as his eyes rolled towards Jiyeon. Still unaware of his glaze, Jiyeon kept her head low, while remaining silent.

"Ummm." Myungsoo said as he then cleared his throat. "You... um, are you alright?" Myungsoo asked hesitantly.

"Myungsoo.." Jiyeon mumbled his name.

Myungsoo stopped and turned around as he grabbed her by her shoulders and spun her around to face him. "Yes?" He replied back politely while looking at her in the eyes.

Jiyeon's eyes flinched as she could not keep her eyes pinned on Myungsoo. "Um... Hoya actually... actually he came to look for me last midnight." Jiyeon stated.

Myungsoo widened his eyes in shock. "What for?" He asked.

"He... he confessed he liked me. He had a crush on me.. But... I rejected him." Jiyeon confessed.

"So.. you feel guilty and you feel bad for him. You also want to love him but you love me and you know it's impossible for you two to get together since you only truly loved me. You feel sad and you worry over him because you are sorry for his unrequited love for you." Myungsoo replied back as Jiyeon widened her eyes in shock.

"Myungsoo.." Jiyeon worriedly muttered his name.

Myungsoo smiled and ruffled her hair. "I knew something was amiss between you and Hoya. I just did not expect Hoya would actually harbour some feelings for you, after all you two were like best buddies." Myungsoo explained. He paused for awhile and then added on, "I am not angry with you over it. Trust me." 

Jiyeon looked at him hesitantly and doubtfully while Myungsoo sighed and leaned towards her and planted a kiss on her forehead. "You really think I am upset and I would make a huge fuss out of it?" Myungsoo asked.

Jiyeon smiled and nodded her head. Myungsoo chuckled and , "Ah, actually I don't really bother, because I know you won't go to him and dump me, because you love me so much like how much I love you too." 

Jiyeon smiled as Myungsoo sent her to the CCM building for her training and practices.

 

12:00 noon In T-ara N4's Training Room

 

Jiyeon went inside the training room as she saw the T-ara members in the midst of the dance. They immediately stopped and their eyes were pinned onto her, while Hyomin hurriedly went to turn off the stereo, and joined the rest of the members as they all crowded around her, bombing her with plenty of questions.

Panic rushed through her as Hyomin nudged her shoulders, while Dani looked at her with her deer-like eyes as Eunjung bombed her with questions.

"Yah, so did you find him?" Eunjung asked.

"Yeah, I found him at a park we always frequent." Jiyeon replied back.

"Wow, that's a relief." Dani stated.

Hyomin shook her heads as she continued nudging Jiyeon's shoulders. "Ani, Jiyeonnie is still hiding something. Did something happen between you and Hoya perhaps? What did you guys do when you guys were going back together?" Hyomin asked her curiously as the other members nodded their heads to Hyomin's question.

"Bwo? What are you guys expecting?!" Jiyeon hissed at Hyomin.

"Well, you and him are like best buddies ever. And besides he has a crush on you, so it's highly possible he might have like kiss you or hug you tightly out of desperation in his crush for you." Hyomin added on as she squinted her eyes at Jiyeon suspiciously.

"Alright alright. He just told me he regretted having a crush on me, and he is just sad because he is always late for everything. He did a lot of things for me, but then he wasn't able to do it for me as he was always late, as you guys would do things before he could even do. So, he lacked the opportunity." Jiyeon explained.

"To be honest, I feel really bad for him. I don't think I've paid much attention to him, and he also does not have the chance to show me how much he cared for me." Jiyeon said.

"And now... when he harbours a torch for me, I feel really bad because I can't return the love for him." Jiyeon added on as she heaved a sigh. She then continued on, "What should I do? I feel really weird and awkward being with him, and I can't really date comfortably with Myungsoo when he's around. I just don't know how to face him anymore." 

Hyomin nodded her head. "You know what, give him some time to think over it. Time would make him forget his feelings for you and move on." Hyomin suggested.

Dani nodded her head and also contributed by giving an idea. "Maybe... you find a new girl for him? Maybe he will forget you." Dani said.

Eunjung shook her head. "Maknae, that idea won't work. It will only make Hoya and her look bad. Hoya would probably think she's trying to get rid of him by getting a girl to befriend him." Eunjung commented. She paused for a second. She then added on, "Hmm, Jiyeonnie, maybe you might want to have a proper talk with him. Tell him how he feels for you and maybe he might understand you and move on? I'm sure that would be better."

Hyomin and Dani nodded their heads, agreeing to Eunjung's idea as the manager soon came into the training room and raised his voice, yelling Jiyeon's voice at the door, causing the members to jump in shock.

Jiyeon bit her lips as she saw the angry look on the Manager's face. She sighed again as the members patted on her shoulders as the manager pulled her out of the training room, to give her much nagging and lecture on disappearing without permission and grant from the manager. Jiyeon could only stand infront of the manager and receive the harsh words and scoldings.

Jiyeon went back into the training room and resumed her training. The members were all ahead of her, and their break was earlier than her. They were granted an hour break after every 4 hour practice. It was already 1 o'clock and the members had all left the training room for lunch together. Jiyeon's break would be pushed back to 4, and she would have to continue her practice with the dance instructor.

The instructor taught her the moves, and Jiyeon followed and abided by his instructions. With hours of practice and sweat, her moves became natural and smooth, and her dancing skills have been proved to be amazing. At the end of the training, Jiyeon's face was red, and she was panting, gasping for air as sweat rolled down her head and her neck. Jiyeon continued panting, while she drank some water and sat on the ground, beside the window, as she looked outside at the scenery.

She stood up and crossed her arms while her eyes looked down at the building, seeing the passerbys below her which appeared like ants crawling about. Jiyeon then suddenly spotted a familiar figure walking across the street. She squinted her eyes as she vaguely saw Hoya's back from far. She widened her eyes as she saw him standing infront of a convenience store, as he was looking across the street. Jiyeon could see him looking up at the CCM building.

His head was raised high up as she suddenly saw him looking at her. She immediately ran away from the window in shock. Then, her phone rang. She picked up the call, which was from Hoya.

"Yobosaeyo?" She said in a gentle manner.

(Um.. Jiyeon? I.. I'm downstairs of your training center. I.. I.. I n..need to talk to you for awhile. Is it convenient for you to come down now? It won't take long)

"Uh, yeah sure it's fine. I'll..I'll get down now. See you in a minute." Jiyeon said before hanging up the call. She took a huge breath in before she skipped her way down the building, where Hoya was at, sitting at one of the benches waiting patiently for her. 

Jiyeon went over and greeted him, and Hoya smiled back at her, greeting her as well. Jiyeon sat beside him, but it was obvious as to she kept  a minimal distance apart from him. Hoya bit his lips as an awkward silence fell between them. 

Hoya then broke the silence by his stuttering as he slowly apologised to Jiyeon. Jiyeon remained silent while looking at him curiously as Hoya sighed and explained, "I'm sorry for coming in between you and Myungsoo. I saw you two were so close and lovely to each other today.. I must be thinking nuts to chase after you." 

He paused for awhile before continuing, "Jiyeon-ah. I hope we can still be friends after all these. Pretend today and yesterday never happened. I'm sorry for making you worry, making you feel sad, and making you uncomfortable. I'll try to give in to you, be with Myungsoo, you will only be happy with him. You love him deeply, he loved you so deeply too. You guys are fated to be together, and you guys are a perfect match and should never be separated." 

Jiyeon looked at him as she weakily mumbled his name. Hoya ignored it and added on, "I.. I am sorry for causing all these trouble once and for all. I hope we really can still remain as friends, best friends."

Jiyeon lowered her head, thought for awhile as she looked back up at Hoya. "Hoya-ah, thank you. Thank you for understanding me. I really appreciate it. And yes, we can still be close friends as before, hobuddy." Jiyeon said.

"Hobuddy?" Hoya suddenly said with his eyebrows furrowed.

"New nickname for ya, buddy." Jiyeon replied back. "You know, I feel really sorry for you. You always wanted to care for me, you are a great friend, but you can't really give me care since you are always 1 step late. Fate has played with you, but don't worry, you'd be the best buddy I'll ever have in this kpop industry." Jiyeon said.

Hoya smiled. "Thanks Jiyeon-ah." He added on as Jiyeon smiled sheepishly at her close buddy.

 

4:30 p.m. In Infinite's Dorm

 

Myungsoo sat on the couch, as he was using his phone while the other members were paying attention on the television screen, which was broadcasting the latest drama series. Myungsoo soon widened his eyes at his new text. It was from Do Yeon and it read:

From: Kim Do Yeon

Oppa... I'm scared, somebody's gonna kill me... Someone has been stalking me all the way back home. I'm now at home. Appa and omma are not at home. Appa at work, omma in some high tea with her friends... Someone is lurking outside my house. I can feel it... 

Oppa... please, I'm sorry for what I've done, but you need to come and help me.

Oppa... jebal.... 


Hoya and Jiyeon is fine now guys, so don't worry.
Next chapter will have some action in it. :) So wait for it.

COMMENT and SUBSCRIBE!