The truth?

Mellifluous Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[3rd person POV]

 

-Yadong’s side-

 

Dongwoo was walking back to his office with Hoya by his side when he came across Sungjong who was organizing folders and papers just outside his office. Before he gets to greet him, his phone went off.

 

He peeked at his phone to see the reminder of calling his younger brothers and check on them. He wrapped Hoya’s arm around his to make sure nothing happens to the latter as he walked to Sungjong to let him be with his brother while he talks with his brother.

 

He called his brother as he waved to Sungjong and ushered to him to come closer, “Hey Woohyunnie”

 

“Hey Dongwoo hyung”

 

“How is the house Yongguk suggested?”

 

"The house is good, and the area is pretty and calm. There is a beach near the house too."

 

“I’m glad you are liking it. But I will be kind of busy tonight and tomorrow. So I will have you sending the matter to someone else to get it done. But I promise you I will check the location tonight once I’m home. Okay?”

 

"Ahh, really? Yeah, it’s okay hyung."

 

Dongwoo laid his hand softly on Sungjong’s shoulder as he said; “you can send it to Sungjong-shi. I will talk to him and he will get it done. You remember him, right?”

 

“Yeah yeah I remember him. Isn’t he the smart boy who joined the company although he just graduated from high school?”

 “Yeah, Kim Sungjong”

 

“Kim what?”

 

Dongwoo rolled his eyes at his younger brother, “I said Kim Sungjong, the youngest worker.”

 

“Ah, Kim Sungjong, tha-“                                                                         

 

Woohyun’s sentence was cut when Dongwoo suddenly started hearing faint words that he couldn’t make out what were they when suddenly he heard his brother’s voice again, “Dongwoo hyung, so you said that Sungjong guy is with you?”

 

“Yeah, he is with Hoya”

 

“Hoya? A brother of his?”

 

“Yeah, he is Sungjong’s oldest brother.”

 

“Yeah, look, I will talk to you later but can you give me this Sungjong guy for a second.”

 

“What? Why?”

 

"Just give him to me hyung."

 

“Okay, okay. Jus a minute.” Dongwoo pulled his phone away from his ear before handing Sungjong his phone. “My brother Woohyun want to talk to you.”

 

Sungjong pointed at himself as if trying to confirm what Dongwoo just said. And Dongwoo nodded again before holding Hoya’s hand.

 

“You can come in once you are done with the call, I will wait in the room.” He whispered softly and smiled at the youngest before moving with Hoya to his office.

 

Sungjong just nodded before pressing the phone on his ear, “Hello?”

 

All what Sungjong heard were soft whimpers and sobs, but he knew exactly who they belonged to. It was his brother, Sunggyu.

 

“Su-nng-gyu hyung-g?” a part of Sungjong was scared, it could be that he was mistaking someone else.

 

“Jonggie” the person on the other side broke down in cries as he kept repeating his youngest brother’s name.

 

-WooGyuGuk side-

 

Sunggyu was sobbing while holding on the phone tightly. He couldn’t even form any proper word to say to his brother. Woohyun, who pitied the smaller guy, half hugged him from the side and said lowly, “calm down.”

 

The petite guy suddenly pushed Woohyun away as the latter stumbled back and almost fell from the chair.

 

“ALL THIS HAPPENED BECAUSE OF YOU! IF ONLY I DIDN’T GO TO YOUR ING JANG COMPANY THAT DAY NONE OF THIS WOULD HAVE HAPPENED! I ING HATE YOU JANGS!” Sunggyu’s outburst took Woohyun off guard as he stared at the guy in front of him without blinking

 

“What the is wrong with you? I don’t even know you and now you are blaming me for whatever that have happened to you?”

 

“THAT’S BECAUSE YOU DON’T ING KNOW! YOU RICH ING BASTARD!”

 

Yongguk came running to them as he stood in front of the smaller guy with a fierce gaze, “If you wont ing close your mouth and stop screaming I will make sure that the police imprison you, psycho!”

 

Before any of them get to say anything more, Yongguk phone started ringing. He fished it out and quickly answered when he saw it was from his oldest brother, “Hey Dongwoo hyung”

 

“Is that Sunggyu guy with you?”

 

Yongguk rolled his eyes when his brother mentioned the latter, “Yeah, that psycho is here”

 

“Where are you at right now?”

 

“Talking a walk.”

 

“Go back to the house. Don’t you dare do anything to him, and make sure he isn’t harm in any possible way.”

 

“What the hell hyung! Do I look like a nanny to you or something?”

 

“Just do what I asked you to do Yongguk and we will deal with this later. And text me the house address. Now.”

 

Yongguk stared at his phone as his brother ended the phone call without saying a goodbye. He cursed under his breath as he texted his brother the address. He turned to his brother and the petite guy, who were burning holes in each other’s faces.

 

“Look, I don’t know who the hell you are, but my brother insisted on taking you back home. And Woohyun, you don’t want to get in trouble, so don’t do anything to him. Take the lead, psycho”

 

Sunggyu rolled his eyes as he took the lead and started to head home.

 

When they reached the house, dinner was being served on the table. The old lady looked up and smiled until she noticed the red eyes of Sunggyu’s. She quickly ran to him before smiling at the brothers, “you can go ahead and eat. I will talk with Sunggyu for a bit.”

 

She held the latter’s arm gently as she walked out the kitchen to a corner. She whispered to him, “what happened to you?” she moved her wrinkled hands to wipe the remaining tears on his cheeks.

 

Sunggyu smiled softly and shook his head, “nothing. I just remembered my brothers.”

 

The old lady wasn’t convinced with what the younger has said but only sighed. “Whatever you say. Let’s go and eat.”

 

The latter shook his head again, “I don’t feel like eating.”

 

“Not up to you and you have to eat, think of the baby in you at least.” She held his hand gently as she moved back to the kitchen and pushed Sunggyu to sit down on the empty chair facing the brothers as she served food on his plate. “Eat well.”

 

She left the trio eating their dinner awkwardly in a heavy silence with no one saying anything at all.

 

Woohyun’s cellphone went off, breaking the awkwardness as he quickly answered, knowing its for sure one of his brothers.

 

“Hey”

 

“Woohyunnie”

 

“Yes hyung?”

 

“Mm, I need you to do me a favor please.”

 

“What is it?”

 

“First of all, answer my question with a yes or no. I don’t want whoever is there with you to know what I am asking you, okay?”

 

“Got it.”

 

“Is that Sunggyu guy with you at the moment?”

 

Unintentionally, Woohyun looked up at the said guy, but luckily he was looing down at his food. “Yeah.”

 

“Do you know if he lives in the house Yonggukie want to rent?”

 

“Uh, I think so.”

 

“Okay, I want you to ask whoever is taking care of the house about this and inform him or her that I will be visiting the house tomorrow’s morning with someone. Ask them to prepare lunch for two people. Okay?”

 

“Why are you coming? I thought Sungjong-shi would handle everything.”

 

Woohyun saw Sunggyu’s head jerking up at the mention of Sungjong and his gaze was intense that it bothered Woohyun.

 

“Well, yeah. But, look, we will discuss this matter later okay?”

 

“Okay.”

 

“I need to go now, Woohyunnie. Tell Yongguk to drive safely. Don’t stay there too long.”

 

“Okay, bye hyung.”

 

“Is my brother fine?”

 

“You would have figured that out if you didn’t start a fight earlier and make Woohyun end the call.” Yongguk scoffed at Sunggyu who looked at him with annoyed look.

 

“Yongguk hyung stop it. Let’s finish eating and leave already. Dongwoo hyung asked me to tell you to leave now.” Woohyun stood up as he walked to wash his hands, “I will wait for you outside by the car, hurry up.” He turned to look at Sunggyu, “tell the lady to prepare lunch tomorrow for two people. My brother and someone are coming over.”

 

Yongguk stood up as well to wash his hands before moving ahead of his younger brother.

 

Before Woohyun gets to leave the kitchen, Sunggyu grabbed his arm as he tried to form the words properly, “c-can I call-l my broth-ther one last-t time before you, you leave?”

 

Woohyun rolled his eyes before fishing his phone out and dialed his brother number, “hey hyung.”

 

“Yes Woohyunnie? Did you leave already?’

 

“We are about to leave, but Sunggyu-shi said he wants to talk to his brother.”

 

“Ah-, sorry, his brother just left wor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter