NINE

Ah, Love

 

CHAPTER 9


 


 

Kris sat down on the white visitor's chair with a scowling look on his flawless face while the lady looks at him with just a smile, the least intimidated by the man's gaze.

“I will be honest with you, Mr. Wu... I was as equally surprised receiving it” Madame Lee chuckles.

The man across her doesn't make a single move. Madame Lee takes out the said application letter and hands it over to Kris; he stares at it at first, as if he was burning it up with his own eyes, but after awhile takes it. He takes an inward breath before opening it to read it over.

Kris.

I don't know what to say, really.

Should I laugh because this is the most ridiculous thing I've seen, should I be pissed because someone did this ing or should I just not react at all because Hana denied and refused this lady's offer?

“This” I toss the paper back onto her desk “is the stupidest incident that I have ever witnessed” Period. She gives me a chuckle and nods her head “I could say the same”

The door opens and a female comes in carrying drinks, she stops by my side and offers me one but I decline by raising a hand; Madame Lee takes one of the glasses and sips before sending off the female. It's funny how I'm sitting here inside the lady's office when in the past it was she who was in my position.

Asking for negotiations and investments and I repeatedly rejected every request she made.

“How are you, Kris?” she asks. She leaned back on the chair, crossing her legs and looks at me with a smile; my eyes take a quick glance to the side and spot a framed photograph on top of a dark oak bookshelf against the wall. I got up and walked over to it, picking it up, feeling her eyes follow my every move. “I've been well”

I pick up the frame and stare at the photo of her and my grandmother. Did I ever mention that Madame Lee and my grandmother are the best of friends? No? Well, they are. I know what you're thinking, that I should be making ties with Cube Inc. because of this but let's cut the bull.

This is business and just because two people are good friends doesn't meant their businesses should also be tied together. I'm just protecting my company.

“Your grandmother called me; she said you refused to sell your mother's property... too bad, I would've bought it” Hn. I put down the frame and turned around, hands landing inside my pockets “It's sentimental, Madame Lee”

“I see... well, I'm curious; can I ask you a question?”

“You already are”

“What is your relationship with Kim Hana?”

“Girlfriend”

“No wonder” she chuckles and I raise a brow “Why else would you bother go here and meddle with this matter”

Call me a crazy guy but I would jump on a plane at any day if it relates to Hana. She's that important to me I don't know who is behind this but what I am sure of is that Hana is not going to return here any time soon; They fired her and they sure as hell are not taking her back.

“I think we've talked long enough” I start for the door but stop just as I grab the door knob “By the way, I offered her a position here as EPA”

What? “I gave her five months to think about it”

I took an inward breath and turned the knob, pushing the door “Drop the offer” and leave.


 


 

Lunch.

Strange... Kris hasn't called. Hana was just getting ready to leave. She put away her for work, making sure that they were organized so as she wouldn't be confused later with which is which when she returns. Knock. Knock. “Come in” she says and the door opens.

Hana looks up momentarily to see who it was “Oh... Hey, Kai” she smiles at him. He walks inside, gently closing the door behind him and walks towards her desk “Do you need something?”

“Um, no” he rubs the back of his neck, smiling still “Just wanted to see if you're free for lunch”

She blinks her eyes and thinks for a moment; Yes or no? Her subconscious chants over and over inside her mind causing her to shake her head. She purses her lips together for a moment before breaking them to speak “I --”

The door opens and they both whip their heads towards the direction of the door;

“Kris...” Hana utters, a little surprised by his sudden appearance. The tall blonde glances at Kai and catches him swallowing hard before putting on a smile “Hyung, you're here?”

Kris walks inside, the door closing behind him; Kai's eyes followed his every move, the way his eyes flickered and focused only on Hana, he could see everything but he couldn't look straight into Kris's eyes. It was the first time that he's ever felt like this; no, not fear.

But envy.

Yes, believe it or not, in some cases: envy can be a reason as to why a person cannot look someone in the eye. Envy and denial. Kai didn't know what hurt more at this point, his head or the image of these two together before his eyes. You're ed, Kai... you're pathetic too. He forces a smile.

“When did you fly in?” he asks, breaking the silence. Kris stood beside Hana, placing his hand on her lower back before giving her a quick peck on the cheek “Last night; it was a last minute thing so I didn't inform you guys”

“Ah, I see... you missed her?” Kai chuckles; Kris only gives a small smile before turning to Hana “Shall we go?”

She swallows hard and blinks her eyes, looking at Kai and Kris to and fro; what was she to do? Kai asked her first. Gulp. “Kris, actually --” Kai raises a hand, cutting her off; he casted her an understanding smile “It's fine, I'll just go catch a lunchbox with Kyungsoo or something”

Hana gives him an apologetic smile as Kris only observes the two of them interact with their eyes; he keeps a blank look on his face and soon enough, Kai bids the couple goodbye. She turns to Kris with a bright smile “Let's go?”


 


 

Kai pressed the phone onto his ear “Hello?”

“Kyungsoo, are you free?”

I'm having lunch with Chanyeol and Chen, right now. Why?”

“Where are you?”

At the floating island; are you gonna go here?”

“Yeah...” he breathes out, watching from afar as Kris guides Hana onto the passenger seat of his car “I'm on my way”


 

Stephanie.

It's been a long time already; I can't even remember when I started my in-office training but all I know is that it's already been awhile. I enter through the glass double doors of Wu Prime, bowing and greeting every person that did to me; they said I was different from my brother.

Well, because I am different. Yi Fan and I are total opposites; don't forget that at some point in life he is literally on top of the food chain whereas I was at rock bottom. Lifestyle-wise and personality-wise, we do differ greatly but if ever there's something we have in common, it's two things:

One: our father's blood runs in our veins. Two: our mothers are both deceased.

Good noon, Ms. Wu” an unfamiliar face greets me as soon as I step out of the elevators on the chairman's floor. I haven't seen her here before. I smile at her and give a polite bow “I'm here to see my brother

She casts me an apologetic look then explained “Sorry but Mr. Wu flew to Seoul yesterday afternoon and won't be back until tomorrow evening

Seoul? I blink my eyes and get succumbed in my thoughts. How come he didn't tell us anything, not a text or a call? Did something urgent come up? Probably... Hmm. I turn to the female once more “I see, well... I should get going now, thank you

Oh, um, Ms. Wu” I turn back around “Hm?”

I'm sorry, I failed to introduce myself to you. I'm Peng Meifen, your brother's new PA” she bows. I chuckle. She reminds me of Hana-unnie. It's nice to meet you then, Ms. Peng; I'm Stephanie Wu

With one last smile, I make my leave.

It was around the 14th floor when my phone rang; I fished it out of my pocket and looked at the screen. Upon seeing the name, I quickly slid my thumb over the screen and pressed it onto my ear “Minseok-oppa!”

Hey, I have news for you” he chuckled on the other line. The elevator stopped momentarily and its doors opened as two employees came in; I returned their bows of the head “News?” “Yup; Hana came into my office this morning and she said she's going”

I let out a great big sigh because I honestly feared she would say no “Thank goodness –WAIT, does Yi Fan know?”

No, ofcourse not. How can he?” “Because he's there, in Seoul, right now” “I haven't seen him around yet; aigo, don't worry, he won't know but just have Hana back here as soon as possible or my answers to your brother”

Right. They answer to Kris. I nod my head “Sure, thanks again oppa”

Long distance calls are expensive, I'll call you soon. Bye”

“Bye”

The elevator successfully reaches the ground floor and I quickly hop out as soon as the doors open; I don't know what Dad is planning nor do I know why he wants me to see to it that he talks with Hana-unnie at all costs without Kris knowing but for whatever reason it may be, I want his wish fulfilled.

Because he pulled the 'I'm dying and this is my last wish' card on me. Who am I to refuse?


 

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Hey guys ~ Christmas is near and all that so I probably won't publish an update as usual because I have school work, YES I know, it's the freaking holidays but sadly, that is my fate. I only have two weeks to finish it (T___T) FML.

Anyways, I'm thinking of breaking hearts this Christmas. Who should I write about? Kris and Hana? KEKEKEE ~ I really like these two, IDK Why. Anyway, I wish you all a very Merry Krismas <3