FORTY SEVEN

Ah, Love

CHAPTER 47

 

 

 

 

 

 

After a nice relaxing shower and changing into clean clothes, everyone gathered outside the building. Hana appeared last carrying the backpack Kris had given her earlier and she was back in her original dress; she smiles seeing her bosses, back in their suits looking fresh and proper again. Kris turns away from the guys as Suho nudges him that his girlfriend had arrived.

 

 

“Well, well, look at who killed me out there today” Chanyeol chuckles, crossing his arms. Hana casts him an apologetic look as she scratches the back of her neck “Sorry, I didn’t know it was you”

 

 

“You were scary” Tao whines, wrapping his arms around her only to have Kris pull him away; Kyungsoo stretches his arms over his head “Beginner’s luck or you just really have it in you, Hana”

 

 

She laughs because even she didn’t expect she would last that long let alone manage to take out a number of members. Kris still did all the work though… ah well.

 

 

BEEP. Sehun’s phone goes off and he fishes it out of his pocket, laughing as he saw a message from Luhan. Tao peeks over his shoulder and laughs as well; it was a video message “Hey guys, check it out” Sehun turns his phone, showing the rest of his friends, Luhan’s message.

 

 

The video showed him burning up a piece of paper with a photo printed on it, specifically the group shot that they had taken earlier in their gear suits. He guesses that the deer-boy must’ve printed it out to do this, just as laughter erupts among the group, another phone went off and this time it belonged to Kris “Hello?”

 

 

“You , you didn’t say anything about ing paintball” Kris’ face falls blank, he takes the phone away from his ear and presses loud speaker “I ing hate you all”

 

 

“Actually, you’re lucky you weren’t able to play, Luhan” Xiumin pipes up; Chen slings an arm over the older guy’s shoulder “Yeah, can you believe it? Ten against two and the latter won” “Wait… Hana played?” “I didn’t even know what we were gonna play” Hana answers.

 

 

“Aish! Next time, we’re gonna play again and I am coming for your , Wu Yi Fan”

 

 

“Yeah, yeah” Kris rolls his eyes “We gotta get going now, I owe you big time Lu”

 

 

He ends the call and pockets his phone. “Well” Suho starts as he checks his watch for the time “I guess we all better get going; I cancelled three hours of my schedule and I can’t manage to cancel the rest for today” a series of sighs follow, disappointed that they didn’t win the prize that Kris had proposed earlier. A one week cruise to Monte Carlo, Baekhyun sobs at the thought of him kissing it goodbye. Lay stretches, reaching out a hand to ruffle Hana’s hair as he smiles brightly at her “Have fun for the rest of the day, Hana”

 

 

“Take care of her, Kris” Kai pats the side of the tall blonde’s side; Kris takes away the bag from Hana, swinging an arm around her shoulders and pulls her close “Don’t I always?”

 

 

Shaking his head, Kai bids them goodbye along with the others as he walks off to his own car.

 

 

 


 

 

 

Hana reaches for one of the pillows in the backseat as they hit the road again. The car was filled with the low volume of music playing, a yawn escapes her lips, and feeling tired from the previous activity. She slightly turns to her side facing Kris, hugging the pillow “Sleepy?” he asks, his eyes focused on the road ahead. She nods her head, letting out another yawn, her lids going heavy but she manages to keep them open to admire her boyfriend’s god-like side features

 

 

“Where are we going next?” she asks, sleep was evident in her tone and for some reason, Kris found it adorable. He takes a quick glance at her “To a secret place”

 

 

She scrunches her nose at the answer, it seemed like he wasn’t going to answer any of her questions regarding plans so she just dropped the question. Huffing out some air, she closes her eyes “Wake me up when we get to the secret place then”

 

 

“Will do” he smirks.

 

 

Meanwhile, Suho huffs out a sigh as he leans himself back in his seat, resting his eyes. Kai was driving with Lay and Chen in the back. It was quiet, only the faint sound of the engine running and soft blow of the air conditioner could be heard, occasionally there was also ping sounds coming from the back which Suho supposes was coming from Chen’s phone since Lay was fast asleep –tired from the activity they had earlier.

 

 

“Can we drop by a coffee shop?” Kai asks; the trees began to disappear and have gotten replaced by solid structures thus marking that they were entering the city premises once again. Joonmyeon shifts a bit in his seat “Yeah sure” he brings a hand to the back of his neck and rubs it “Ugh, I feel like I’ve been hit by rocks all day”

 

 

Jongdae laughs in the background “How many shots were fired at you anyway?” his fingers busy tapping on his phone. Suho tries to recall the number of gels that he saw “Four? Five? I’m not sure… Kris didn’t hold back today” he huffs another breath, continuing to rub his sore neck; Kai chuckles “He’s always been a monster at paintball anyway”

 

 

“Yeah, you just got lucky because he wasn’t the one who caught your today, Jongin” Lay speaks, a yawn following as he stretches his arms and wipes the sleep from his eyes. Chen leans forward on the space between the passenger and driver’s seat, he turns to Kai “How many gels do you think he would’ve fired at you if he was the one who caught you?” he asks his tan-skinned friend, feigning an innocent smile as he does so. Kai rolls his eyes at the camel-faced businessman and states “He’s not that much of a monster to take the game upon personal reasons, Jongdae”

 

 

“Oh ho ~ are you sure about that? Because last time I remembered, he threw a grenade within your range of all the other places he could’ve” Chen smirks. Suho pushes him back onto his seat by palming his face; Jongdae swats Suho’s hand off of his face, muttering something about sweaty palms causing Lay to snigger.

 

 

The CEO rolls his eyes “Kris is not like that, Chen. Whatever happened before is in the past now and besides…” he turns to look at Kai –whose lips were now pressed in a thin line with eyes focused on the road- “It’s over now, right?”

 

 

Silence.

 

 

“She’s all that will be left of me… so I’m asking you…”

 

 

Kris got down on his knees. “I’m begging you, Jongin… don’t take her away from me”

 

 

Jongin blinks away the image in his head and nods his head “Yeah…” he answers, a smirk making its way on his lips “Ofcourse it is, I have my eyes on someone else” and Suho quietly breathes out in relief.

 

 

Cough. Yixing clears his throat, breaking off the awkward atmosphere “Well, Kris sure knows how to take a girl out on dates…” Chen chuckles “Yeah, talk about getting her involved in a battlefield” “Where do you think he’ll take her next?” the previous person asks.

 

 

“Somewhere twice as crazy, probably” Suho guesses.

 

 

“If I hadn’t known any better, I would say he hates her” Chen comments “But then I remember him throwing a grenade at Kai and –” “Chen!” Suho yields and Lay smacks Chen in the back of the head to shush him. Kai just puffs out a sigh, shaking his head.

 

 

Kris.

 

 

Deep breath.

 

 

How long has it been? I take a quick glance at the sleeping girl, her feet propped up on the seat as she hugs the pillow, and eyes closed looking exhausted. I turn back to the empty road, feeling relaxed at the sight of trees rather than tall structures. Everything is so different now.

 

 

It’s only been over, what? More than a year since I had let this girl walk into my life? I don’t even know why I let her in but like I said before, somehow in the midst of all the crazy shenanigans that occurred when she stepped into the empire I built out of Wu Enterprise, there was something about her smile… or maybe because, she just had this sparkle of difference in her. Kim Hana, the determined but stubborn, loving yet stern, clumsy and idiotic girl that I never thought I’d end up with is the same girl that I don’t think I’d ever bear to lose.

 

 

To think that she’s also the only one who has ever made me feel guilty… up until now.

 

 

Sigh. I shook away my thoughts and parked up the car before unbuckling my seatbelt and got out; I ran around the vehicle and opened the door to her side, gently shaking her away “Hey sleepy-head, we’re here” she scrunches her nose and let out a groan but doesn’t wake up. A smirk creeps its way onto my lips, I lean close to her ear and lower my tone a couple of octaves “Baby, wake up ~” I nibble on her lobe and thank goodness for my reflexes because I leaned back just in time as she scampered, her hand almost hitting my face.

 

 

“That was not funny, Kris!” she scolds as I laugh; she puts away the pillow and unbuckle her seatbelt then hopped out of the car as I closed the door for her. I grabbed the pillows and blanket in the backseat.

 

 

BEEP. BEEP. The car locks up; I pocket the keys before grabbing her hand and began to lead the way.

 

 

“Where are we?” she asks, a sparkle of curiosity and wonder as her eyes wandered around the vast space of greenery “Seoul Forest, you’ve never been here have you?” I glance at her over my shoulder and as expected, she shakes her head. Still haven’t changed that much.

 

 

“Wait” she abruptly stops her tracks; I turn back to face her and see her eyes peering at me suspiciously “We’re not running into another battlefield again, are we?”

 

 

Pft. “Ofcourse not” I pull her along once again.

 

 

We stopped beside a lake where there was a blue boat docked nearby. The sun had been covered up by the clouds but the afternoon was bright nonetheless, I walk towards the boat and got in, making sure to balance myself on my feet as I laid out the blanket and pillows before lending out a hand to her and helped her in, she sits across me as I grabbed the paddles.

 

 

“You can’t be serious, right?” she laughs in amusement, perhaps finding it funny that I even know how to paddle. I roll my eyes “What?” she laughs again “It’s certainly surprising to see you paddling, is there anything else I should know more about you, Mr. Wu?”

 

 

“Ha-ha” I mock “Very funny, Ms. Kim… but trust me, you have yet to find out more things about me” I wriggle my brows playfully at the last sentence. She shakes her head and notices something behind her and picks it up. I almost forgot about that. She sets down the basket between us and unties the cloth that bundled up something, her eyes twinkling at the sight of the red fruit “Aigo ~ strawberries!”

 

 

I continue rowing the boat until we reach the middle of the lake. I pull up the paddles and set them aside before gesturing her to scoot over to the side and lied down.

 

 

“This is what they were for?” She raises a brow referring to the pillows and blanket and I nod my head “We’re gonna watch the clouds roll by”

 

 

“You’re kidding, right?”

 

 

“You want kissing too? My, my, you’re quite the bold one today Hana” I tease, chuckling as her face turns red and she gives me a frown “Not funny!”

 

 

 

 

 

She rests her head ontop of his arm, they laid side by side inside the boat, the basket of strawberries set ontop of Kris’s stomach as they –as he had said earlier- watched the clouds roll by the sky that was slowly turning a little pink. He pops a piece of fruit onto his mouth before pointing with his free arm “That looks like Ace” he states. Hana tilts her head a bit to the side “I think it looks like a bear”

 

 

“No, it looks like Ace” he protests. Hana pulls a strawberry from the basket and stuffs it onto his mouth “Araso, araso, it looks like Ace” he swats her hand away, chewing on the fruit and swallowing before reaching out his free hand and pinches her cheek as she whines “Ow ~” he chuckles, gently running his thumb over the spot he had pinched, she pouts at him “You’re so childish today”

 

 

He shrugs and looks back up at the clouds “Just for today”

 

 

Silence.

 

 

“Hey, what did you want to be when you grew up?” he asks out of the blue making her giggle at the randomness but nonetheless she answered “Rich and happy” “Ah, the typical ambition,” he comments with a roll of his eyes “I wanted to be an astronaut back then”

 

 

“Eh?” she tilts her head up to look at him in wonder “Why an astronaut?”

 

 

He smirks and with pride he says “So I can visit the galaxy.” She bursts into a fit of giggle and he wasn’t surprised, Tao has been picking on that childhood dream before so to say the least he’s gotten used to reactions such as these “But wouldn’t it be cool though?” he cuts through her giggles and continues “If I really did become an astronaut, I would bring home as many stars as I can, for you”

 

 

She was about to say something how it’s merely impossible but decides against it and instead decides to tag along his merry little innocent statements “Won’t it be heavy for you though?”

 

 

“Nah, ofcourse not… it’s for you so it won’t be heavy” he chuckles before continuing “Besides, I would give you the whole galaxy if you asked me to” she grins.

 

 

It’s nice. Hana thinks to herself. Its nice being like this… not giving a care for once.

 

 

Too bad it couldn’t be like this every day, whether they like it or not, they had to face the reality of things that after this: tomorrow, they go back to the real world where they had to work their asses off again, finish paper works, go on errands, fulfill schedules… and make a decision. She bites down her lip at the thought.

 

 

“You wanna talk about it?” Kris asks, catching her off guard; she looks up at him “About what?” “You know what I’m talking about, Hana” he mumbles, keeping his eyes up above.

 

 

She takes a deep breath and lets it out, sitting up and turns to him while he remains in the same position.

 

 

“Your grandmother has a point, you know…” he keeps his eyes on the sky above, his brows knitted and his face scrunched a bit in dismay however he sighs and agrees “I know but still, it’s going to be your choice”

 

 

Momentary silence fills them; she didn’t know what else to say and he was keeping his tongue tied from speaking out his mind and say: forget about her and just go with me as first planned. It sounded selfish, so selfish.

 

 

“I’m going to meet with your grandmother tomorrow…” she bites down her lower lip.

 

 

“I don’t know what to do” she mumbles “I mean… I don’t wanna do something that will make me regret it later on, there are a lot of what ifs that –” she was suddenly cut off as he suddenly sits up and attaches his lips onto hers, not caring that the basket toppled over and strawberries scattered. He needed her to shut up because he had the feeling that she would ramble on to the point of crying if he let her. He cups the side of her face and cuts the kiss, eyes looking down “Hana…”

 

 

Just stay with me… he shrugs off the thought “Just do what you have to do” she looks at him, confused. He continues “By the time you meet up with my grandmother tomorrow, I’ll be back in China… whatever choice you’re gonna make, I gave you my word, I’ll respect it”

 

 

He takes a deep breath before finally looking up at her with a small smile “Just do what will make you happy” but she wasn’t blind nor was she deaf, she could see that spark of denial and force in his eyes and she heard the wariness in his tone.

 

 

Please just tell me to stand by your side… she shuts her eyes at the thought. Just tell me that you want me to stand by you, Yi Fan.

 

 

“Okay” she smiles brightly, leaning in to kiss him again.

 

 

Kris breaks off the kiss “Ah, let’s go back… it’s getting dark” he pecks her one last time before taking his previous place and grabs the paddles.

 

 

 

 

 

The sun had disappeared from the sky; the stars began to shine, slowly poking through the darkening sky one by one. The couple quietly sat inside the car neither knowing what to say or what topic to talk about, Kris wishes he hadn’t brought it up earlier but –he inwardly sighs- there was nothing that can be done about it now. It already happened. Hana shifts in her seat, feeling uncomfortable about the silence in the air. Ugh, I hate this.

 

 

Just as she decides to open to speak, the car comes to a stop and Kris shuts off the engine. He unbuckles his seat belt and gets out of the car “Come on” that was all he said before shutting the door.

 

 

Is he mad? Hana asks herself, nervously fumbling with the buckle of her seatbelt. The trunk door opens and shuts just as she had successfully managed to unbuckle the belt and hopped out of the car, closing the door. She hears a familiar sound of rubber hitting the concrete ground repeatedly and when she turns her head, she sees Kris with a basketball in hand.

 

 

Only then does she also come to notice a court downhill just across the street.

 

 

“Let’s go” he says, grabbing her hand and pulling her with him as they cross the street and run down the steps leading down to the empty court.

 

 

Kris releases her hand and begins to dribble the ball, turning to face her as he then flashes a teasing smirk at her before finally turning to shoot the ball in the basket. He grabs the bouncing ball back in his hands before tossing it over to his girlfriend –who clumsily catches it “Um… I don’t exactly play” she sheepishly says, holding the ball with one hand as the other scratches the back of her neck.

 

 

He laughs and walks over behind her, reaching out his hands on either sides and grabs old onto her own “Bend your legs a bit” he instructs, moving closer, his face just beside hers. He guides her arms, hands ontop of hers as together they shoot the ball.

 

 

Score. Kris smirks, wrapping his arms around her waist before she could walk off to grab the ball “Hey ~ come on, let go, we’ll play” she laughs but he turns a deaf ear onto her request and instead holds her for awhile more, pecking a kiss on her neck, chuckling at how she squirms at every contact “Playing alone can be boring though, shall we have a prize set for the little game, Ms. Kim?”

 

 

“Hm…” she hums in thought; his arms loosen a little as she turns her body she was facing him “How about, loser pays for dinner”

 

 

“That’s boring, something else?”

 

 

“Okay” her eyes light up as an idea enters her mind, she tip toes and leans close to whisper in his ear “How about… loser does anything that the winner wants? Let’s race to twenty points?”

 

 

A mischievous smile appears on his face as he immediately releases her and grabs the ball.

 

 

“To be fair and because I’m a gentleman, I’ll let you have the first shot” he says, cocking his head to the side and tosses her the ball. Hana rolls her eyes but chuckles, trying to get the hang of dribbling the ball before taking the shot which to their surprises went in “Lucky shot” he chuckles, grabbing the ball for his turn as they switch positions.

 

 

The court gets filled by the sound of laughter, a ball bouncing repeatedly, scrapes of shoes on the concrete ground and little conversations between the only two people occupying it. They were having fun, the awkwardness and tension that they felt in the car was completely gone as if it just oozed out in form of sweat from their bodies and evaporated into the atmosphere.

 

 

Kris can’t remember the last time he’s been able to play the sport but he’s glad that he was playing it now, especially since he was with Hana. It had always been a good stress reliever.

 

 

Honestly, he hadn’t even imagined playing again given the circumstances that he’s now a chairman and the responsibilities he had outweighed those he had when he was still CEO, what with all the paperwork, meetings and deals that he had to tend to here and there, sometimes he wonders if it was right for him to take over everything. What if he paid heed to Baekhyun’s advice in the past to hand it over to Chun for awhile, surely when he decides to take over, his cousin will just hand it over to him.

 

 

“Then you choose” Kyungsoo spoke “The position you’ve worked hard for or Kim Hana?”

 

 

And it just hits him like a bag or bricks as he realizes that he had chosen work over her and in every decision that he made, she always supported him, and never once had she complained but instead pushed him to do what whatever he deemed as right. He’s been selfish in some ways and now Hana was standing on the same line, why should it be a worry for him if she chose her career over their relationship? He did the same in the past; it would only be fair if she did so too… right? An eye for an eye?

 

 

He shook the thoughts away and threw the ball into the basket

 

 

“Twenty-one points!” he yields in victory as the ball enters the basket.

 

 

He runs up to his girlfriend, wrapping his arms around her waist, lifting her off the ground and spins around as she laughs, wrapping her own arms around his neck. He sets her down on her feet before tipping her back and surprises her with a kiss. He sets them both straight as he breaks off the lip lock and grins.

 

 

“Guess who’s gonna be my little kitty, tonight” he teases, rubbing the tips of their noses together.

 

 

A faint sound of rumbling breaks off their moment and Hana flusters, having to be the one responsible for it “Uh yeah, I’m kind of hungry now” another one follows, this time coming from his side “Me too… Dinner it is then”

 

 

 


 

 

 

It certainly has been a long time. Kai pulls up in the driveway of the large home and exit the vehicle; he walked up the front steps and entered the household, greeted by a surprised maid “M-Mr. Kim, welcome home” she bows then informs him “Everyone’s in the dining room having dinner”

 

 

“I see…” Kai responds and makes his way to the said room and just as she had said, everyone was there and by everyone he means his whole family, including his two brother-in-laws, niece and nephew, having dinner “What’s the occasion?” he asks as he enters, making everyone’s head turn. The two kids gasp and hurry out of their seats “Uncle Kai!” they immediately run up to him and Kai bends down to receive their embrace with a laugh “Did you miss uncle Kai?” he asks and they vigorously nod their heads before his nephew starts rambling about how high he scored his math test.

 

 

“Okay guys, give uncle some space… you might suffocate him” the eldest sister chuckles, her husband picking up their son in his arms while his wife gives his brother-in-law a hug. The other sister follows and finally their mom.

 

 

She gives her son a warm hug, glad that he was home after such a long time “I missed my baby boy so much!” “I missed you too, mom” the youngest and only son of the Kims chuckle as he breaks off the embrace and shakes his father’s hand “Welcome home, Jongin”

 

 

“Glad to be home, dad” he smiles but as Mrs. Kim stared at her son, she couldn’t help but feel a little bothered. He usually only comes home when he’s troubled. She would normally nag him to the ends of the earth but dinner was sitting at the table, it could wait.

 

 

“So, shall we get back to dinner?” a jolly Mrs. Kim questions and everyone nods in agreement.

 

 

The Kim household had never been so bright and cheery; laughter filled the dining area of the large household and Mr. and Mrs. Kim couldn’t be any happier than with the complete presence of their children. It had been a long time since they’ve all gotten together like this with Jongin moving out their roof after high school and their two daughters getting married and going on with their own lives.

 

 

Ofcourse, a father was a father and a mother was a mother, and mothers had instincts and Mrs. Kim’s instincts told her that her youngest and only son was troubled.

 

 

Dinner was long over, Mr. Kim, his daughters and their husbands were in the study listening as the two cousins played a piece on the piano while Mrs. Kim joined her son in the backyard gazebo. She took a seat next to him “You know, you always used to come here when you have something bothering your mind”

 

 

“Did I?” Kai chuckles, sipping on his glass of wine as his mother shakes her head, she turns to him and places a hand on her son’s shoulder “Jongin, you know you can tell me”

 

 

A sigh escapes his lips. He feels defeated just by the mere sight of his mother’s concerned eyes because he knew he couldn’t hide anything from her and to be quite truthful, he didn’t feel like he could keep it to himself anyway. He takes another sip of his drink before finally speaking “Remember that girl I told you about, mom?” “Jongin” Mrs. Kim chuckles “You told me about a lot of girls… care to be specific?”

 

 

“Kim Hana” he states the name feeling his tongue tingle. Mrs. Kim smiles as she remembers “Ah yes, her, Kris’s girlfriend, correct?” he nods and continues “She might be going to China soon and permanently take residence there”

 

 

“That’s good. Kris is there, right?”

 

 

“Yeah…” he forces a smile, looking down at his feet. His mother notices his reaction and lets out a sigh, ofcourse, she thinks, ofcourse he likes her. And she couldn’t help but feel a little heartbroken by the thought because it was the very one of those times that she saw that little sparkle in his eyes whenever he talks about her; that same sparkle his eyes gave off back when he was just an innocent young boy and his dad took him to see baseball for the very first time, how he babbled about it to her when they got home that day.

 

 

Sometimes she wishes that she could go back to those days, when all that Jongin’s world revolved around was his toys, his sisters and his parents.

 

 

“Oh my baby” she coos, hugging him from the side before cupping his face and giving him a smile “I’m sure you can find someone” “Yeah mom… it hurts like a though” he laughs. Mrs. Kim slaps him on the forehead “Ow! Mom!” “Watch your language, Kim Jongin”

 

 

He irately rubs his reddening forehead, frowning at his mother. After awhile of silence he puffs out a sigh “Well, it’s game over soon anyway” Mrs. Kim raises her brow “What do you mean?” but he only smirks.

 

 

Hana.

 

 

Dinner was great to say the least. It was filled with laughter thanks to Kris’s lame jokes and the pick-up lines he threw at me, asking me which one hit me the most. We also did a lot of catching up over several glasses of wine –thankfully, we didn’t get drunk. Kris still had to drive afterall.

 

 

So far, this is one of the greatest dates he’s ever taken me on. I smile at the thought, leaning my head against the window as I focused on the view outside.

 

 

“I wish this night would never end…” I mumble, raising a finger to draw random circles on the glass window.

 

 

I don’t want it to end. Sometimes it makes me wonder, what if we both met at different circumstances wherein he’s not this powerful and busy chairman and I’m not an EPA, what if we both met at some other time in some other way… Sigh. No… had we met at a different time and different situation, we wouldn’t have made this much memories. “Yeah… me too” he says in agreement making me turn to him.

 

 

Maybe it’s the way his face was blank in expression, eyes focused on the road or perhaps it’s the quick trace of uneasiness that sparkled in his orbs but whatever it may be, I feel a like I’m standing on the brink of defeat. Why can’t it just be like in the old days? When making a choice was just between two flavors of lollipop and when I stomp my feet or flash puppy dog eyes, my mom will let me have both?

 

 

My thoughts were suddenly disturbed when the car came to a stop and Kris unbuckled his belt.

 

 

I look ahead and realize that we were by the river; I could see tall buildings and bright lights on the other side. It was a dark part of the river side; I hadn’t even noticed that we got off the concrete road.

 

 

“Hey Kris, what are we –YAH!” I quickly look away as the heat rises on my face; he had taken off his shirt and was not in the process of unbuckling his belt! Seriously, if he plans on inside this car, I am getting out of here! He laughs “Oh come on, Hana… as if you hadn’t seen me before, now come on and strip”

 

 

“What the –did you bonk your head or something? I am not stripping and I am not having with you in this car!”

 

 

He suddenly bursts out laughing adding more red to my cheeks; he successfully takes off his pants and sets it to hang on the steering wheel leaving him in his boxers “Pabo, we’re not gonna have here –although that’s not such a shabby idea” he smirks.

 

 

Gulp. “T-then what are we gonna do?”

 

 

The next thing I know, he shuts off the engine and the headlights leaving us in complete darkness. I lean back as his silhouette leans over to my side and he whispers “Just strip”

 

 

There are two things on my mind right now: one, my boyfriend is a ert and two, my boyfriend is crazy. Oh and to add another thought, I am also equally crazy because despite of having those two thoughts, I found myself following his orders and I did, indeed, strip. I tightly close my legs and wrap my arms around myself, shuddering at the coldness of the night and the bareness.

 

 

“On the count of three, we get out and run, okay?” he instructs and I nod my head in the darkness.

 

 

This is crazy and illegal… “One, two, three” and we make a run for it, I quickly bend down to keep my body hidden in water but only to regret it later on because , it’s ing cold! “Oh god it’s cold!” my teeth was chattering and my fingers and toes were close to numbing. Kris dips down and surfaces just right behind me, catching me by surprise as he wraps his arms around my waist and pulls me close, laughing.

 

 

“Should I warm you up babe?” he chuckles, lightly biting on my neck and I respond with a growl “N-not funny, K-Kris! It’s cold, really cold!”

 

 

I don’t know for how long we stayed there, a couple of minutes felt like hours. So now, here we sat in the backseat –my back against his chest-, hugged by the blanket and still underneath it. I’m still trying to process the events that happened not just five minutes ago wherein we acted like a bunch of stupid teenagers who have fallen inlove for the first time and did something crazy and illegal such as skinny dipping in the river Han.

 

 

“You are crazy…” I break off the silence with the statement. He tightened his wrap around me and I felt a kiss land on the side of my head “You enjoyed it though” he murmurs. I laughed a little and nod my head “Yeah… but I think it’s best we get out of here before someone catches us and reports us to the cops”

 

 

“Good idea” he says, reaching for the extra backpack where there were extra clothes. Well, he sure is prepared for this date. “Don’t think I forgot Hana, you still owe me my prize when we get home”

 

 

I roll my eyes “Yeah, sure”

 

 

CHINA

 

 

Stephanie enters the premises of the Wu household, answering greetings from the maids with a tired smile and a bow of the head. she enters the living room and flops down, puffing out a sigh and closes her eyes, enjoying the silence but it was short-lived when all of a sudden, loud tacking of heels fills the air and a panicked looking Yookyung trudges down the flight of stairs; she had gotten out of the office earlier than her.

 

 

Where is that woman?” she hears the newly appointed FD Head mutter, eyes glued onto her phone; Stephanie watches her as she begins to pace around the room, back and forth “Is something wrong?” she asks, making her presence known

 

 

Oh, Stephanie, you just got home?” she doesn’t even spare her a glance, Yookyung presses the phone onto her ear “Yeah… um, what’s going on Kyung?

 

 

Yookyung curses and pulls the phone away from her ear, she turns to Stephanie “Mama’s not here, I don’t know where she went and according to the maids, she didn’t inform them so now I’m calling her but her phone seems like it’s dead…” a sigh escapes her lips “I’m getting worried

 

 

Footsteps begin to fill the air and the two females turn their heads as Chun enters the living room, eyes filled with worry aswell “I went to all the possible places she could have gone to… nothing” he shakes his head in defeat. Stephanie began to worry aswell, it seemed rather out of character for her the lady to just leave without a word because from what she has observed for the span of time that she lived here with her, she usually informs someone if she is leaving the premises and where she’s going.

 

 

Where could she have –Mama!” Stephanie and Chun turn their heads and a bucket of relief gets washed over the atmosphere. Yookyung rushes over to her mother, immediately wrapping her arms around the lady.

 

 

Where have you been, ma?” Chun questions; the lady walks into the spacious living area as Yookyung breaks off the embrace, the maids rolling in her luggage in the background. She sits down on the single seat sofa “I went to Seoul; I talked with Kim Hana” she answers much to everyone’s surprise; her son’s eyes narrow “What did you this time?

 

 

Chun knows his mom more than anything else, he knew about her passionate dislike towards the said girl so he couldn’t help but feel suspicious of her motives. Who knows what she has done in Seoul.

 

 

A chuckle dances off her lips “Relax Chun, I just apologized… fixed the mess if you would call it” adding much more to their surprises. Yookyung was first to break up the fallen silence with a deep sigh “That’s good, mamaVery good actually, it will save us trouble. Stephanie smiles.

 


 

Author’s Note:

 

            Are you guys still here? Sorry for not updating but this chapter was tricky to write.... but did you enjoy the date with the very different Chairman Kris Wu?

(WAE CAN'T I HATE CHUUUUUU?!)

Still contemplating on the next chapter… or NO ? That is the question. Well anyway, thank you for all the comments, the subbies, the upvotes ~ I’m sorry if I can’t reply to your comments one by one! :(

 

            Anyway, got questions? Ask me!