TWENTY SEVEN

Ah, Love

 

CHAPTER 27


 


 


 

Bright neon lights, upbeat music, people in their designer suits and dresses gathered altogether in one place. Cocktails were being served around as everyone waited for the event to start. Mei Fen took a deep breath as she looked around, trying to look for her boss's face amidst the crowd of well-known people.

Mei Fen!” she quickly whipped her head to the sound of the voice and saw her room mate, her eyes almost popped out at such a revealing dress that the other female wore. “I-isn't that a little... t-too revealing?” her cheeks fluster.

Hot, right?” the other girl grins; Mei Fen looks away, sipping on her drink “Oh! By the way, have you seen Mr. Wu?” “No, not yet...” she mumbles in reply “Wait, why are you looking for him?

Her office mate turns back her attention to Mei Fen and gives her an obvious look “Well, duh, he's obviously gonna be with the Kim Hana and I for one, want to see just what this girl looks like that she got such a guy as Mr. Wu” And since she had mentioned it, Mei Fen's curiosity grew. Kim Hana stumbled upon her mind once again.

All of a sudden, it felt as if the knowledge alone that at any given moment she could finally meet this woman made her heart race. For some reason, it made her nervous.

Mei Fen felt a light tug on her arm then a squeeze; she was brought back to reality and turns to her office mate –who seemed like she was about to squeal the life away from her body. Turning her head towards the direction of where the other female was looking at, her heart skipped a beat as she saw the familiar blonde man.

So... handsome. She swallows hard.


 

And then she catches a glimpse of the woman who had her hand on Kris's arm. Tall, fairly white in complexion, her hair gracefully cascading down one side of her shoulder, her eyes bright and smiling... she was so simple yet so beautiful, she was... That girl... she's...

“Kim Hana” her office mate whispers the name.

Hana.

My hands were shaking as I walked around, greeting guests with the –possibly- most attractive chairman in the history of the business world. Ever since we stepped into the crowd, eyes shot back and forth; auras were intimidating, powerful and not to forget: luxurious.

Breathe Hana... breathe. “You okay?” the sound of Kris's voice made me turn my head towards him. I smile and nod my head “Just a little nervous” No, actually I wanna jump off a cliff if I trip on my feet.

“Kyungsoo always has amazing taste” came a voice from behind us. It was Baekhyun and following behind him was Xiumin. I almost flustered upon seeing the two of them; all dressed up for the party, it's almost as if women would throw themselves at their feet tonight. “You look amazing, Hana” Xiumin smiles and I bow my head in thanks at the compliment.

“Trust me, you look more amazing” I chuckle, returning the compliment.

Kris puffs out a breath, slightly pulling me much closer to his side “And you two are not talking to clients, yet?” “Oh psh...” Baekhyun waves a dismissive hand “We can do that later, we have all night... besides, last time I checked, these people here want us

For a second, I almost forgot how powerful of a company Wu Enterprise is.

“By the way, Hana-ssi... shouldn't you be with Suho?” Xiumin asks, taking a glass of wine from a passing waiter as did Kris and Baekhyun. I look around for a moment before turning to Xiumin; I was about to break my mouth open to speak when someone butted into the conversation “He's too busy with my assistant”

Luhan. “Good evening, Mr. Lu” I smile, bowing as he joins the group “Looking elegant as always, Ms. Kim” he smiles, tilting the tip of his wine glass at me in an acknowledging manner. “Uh yeah, hello, I exist too” Kris grumbles, sipping on his glass.

Excuse me” we all turn around.

It's you” my eyes widen a bit in surprise, a smile curving on my lips.


 


 

Meifen felt her palms sweating, her tongue had been tied and a cold shiver ran down her back but the slight squeeze of her office mate on her wrist was quick to bring her back to reality.

Kim Hana was not some six-foot model, she was merely somewhere around five-foot-nine; she had a plain face but she had definitely the brightest eyes that Meifen has ever seen; Kim Hana was merely... someone like plain-Jane and because of this fact, she was made to wonder more just how did Kris Wu fall inlove with her.

Ah, Ms. Peng...” Kris utters her name she swallows hard and bows as she and her friend greet their bosses “You look presentable” he tells her. Her office mate clears as she turns to Hana “Uhm, you know Mei Fen?

Everyone turns to the two of them; Hana brightly smiles and nods her head “I bumped into you by accident, right?

O-oh, yes, right...

Kris clears his throat “Hana, this is Ms. Peng Mei Fen, my assistant” he introduces, Hana reaches out a hand for the girl to shake and still with a smile she speaks “It's nice to meet you, I'm Kim Hana” and her boyfriend suppresses the smalls mile trying to intrude his lips at her improving language skill.

“Wow, your Chinese is really improving, Hana” Xiumin grins. Luhan clears his throat “She's Kris's girlfriend” “I-I've heard., sir... it's nice to meet you, Ms. Kim” she gave Hana a quick shake of the hand then retreating it to her side. The others excuse themselves away out of the blues until such time that the three –Kris, Hana and Meifen- to be by themselves.

“So, you two met each other?” he asks Hana. Clueless to the language, Mei Fen only stared as the two conversed; Hana nods her head “I bumped into her but I had no idea she was your assistant; is Kris nice to you?

Mei Fen blinks her eyes in surprise at the sudden question but then shook her head “N-No, Ms. Kim” “Aigo ~ please call me, Hana; he's very arrogant to work with, you know

Am not” Kris defends himself. Mei Fen emits a small chuckle but it couldn't be helped that she still felt some strange intimidating aura lingering in the air above them “Mr. Wu is professional, it can't be helped that he wants the best” “In just a few months, I will also be getting the best PA there is” he sates, looking at the girl that he had his arms clinging on her waist. It took a while but soon it registered onto her mind what he meant.

Hana nervously laughs and waves a dismissive hand “I-it's still not sure

Ofcourse, Hana was being Hana, nice and considerate. The topic of her possibly going to China in a few short months to be Kris's PA didn't seem so ideal infront of his present PA. Who would be delighted to talk about being replaced anyway?

“Kris, can we not talk about that?” she hisses to the side; he raises a brow “What? It's a harmless conversation and besides, it's the truth”

“Excuse me, Kris” Sehun appears out of nowhere “Good evening, Sehun” “Hana” the young bachelor gives her an acknowledging nod before turning back to Kris “There are some clients who wants to speak with you; mind if I steal your date for awhile, Hana?” he gives her a playful smile.

Please keep her company, Ms. Peng” Kris bids her before walking off with Sehun.

Hana turns back to Mei Fen; she was feeling a little nervous since she only knew so much Chinese. She was lucky enough to have kept up earlier. Calm down Hana. Think of this as practice.

Please excuse Kris, he sometimes forgets” Hana apologizes for earlier. Mei Fen was quick to flash her a smile “N-No, it's okay... you're... gonna work for him again?

Hana scratches the back of her neck “It was a silly little bet... how long have you worked for him?

Uhm... a month now?

Congratulations” Hana chuckles “Kris is very hard to satisfy

“Hana” quickly, she turns her head to the direction of the voice. Mei Fen's eyes widened as she realized who it was that was walking towards them. . She mentally curses, looking away all of a sudden.

Meanwhile, Hana smiles brightly at the person “Hey Kai” he certainly looked rather dazzling tonight. Upon reaching her, he gives her a smile and a brief half embrace before taking in the image of her “Wow, Kris really went all out on you, tonight huh?”

She flusters and shook her head “Don't be silly. You look handsome, tonight”

“Ofcourse, I have to look my best for the most beautiful lady this evening” he chuckles, sipping on his white wine. Hana looks around “You have a date?” “Nah, I meant you” he smiles at her.

As a response, she flusters and playfully slaps his arm “Kai!” “Just kidding! Anyway, who's your friend?” he asks, gesturing to the girl beside her –who was looking elsewhere.

“Ah! Right... uhm, Mr. Kim, this is Ms. Peng Mei Fen, Kris's assistant in China” Hana introduces; Kai holds out a hand to her, she slightly looks down and bows her head as she shook his hand. “N-Nice to meet you, sir” she was about to take her hand away but Kai kept a firm grip on it.

Pretty girls shouldn't keep their head low” he smirks. Chinese: he knew a thing or two about the language.

Dear Lord... Mei Fen flusters, taking a quiet breath in she slowly lifts her head to look at him. Her. Kai kept the smirk on his face as he saw her. How could he forget the one who spilled all over his favorite shirt?

Kris.

My neck was craning over the crowd, looking for one particular girl in the crowd whilst keeping track of the conversation I was having with some old chairmen. They were tackling some things about future partnerships between Wu Prime and their own companies –in their pathetic little dreams.

“You seem occupied, Mr. Wu” one of them comment, sipping on his drink. I turn back to him and clear my throat “Just looking for my date, she seems to be lost”

“Ah, you have a girlfriend?” another questions. Sehun clears his throat “Surprise, isn't it?” he chuckles afterwards, lightening up the mood. “Ah, women... they are not such a good pair with business” another comments.

“True, I've had gone through so many divorce papers... they simply cannot understand” another states. I quietly listen, letting them finish “I wouldn't be married if it weren't arranged; well, we all need someone to look after business hen we're gone”

“So, tell us... who did your father arrange for you, Kris?” one of them asks.

I sip on my glass of whiskey before breaking my mouth open to speak “It's not an arrangement actually, I met her a year ago or so...” they all fall quiet, ears listening to my words “I don't exactly remember why but” I looks over my shoulder and saw her.

She was conversing with Kai and Mei Fen, a smile on her face.

“But I sort of fell in love with her smile”

There were some seconds of pure silence before Sehun broke into a laugh and they all soon followed, whereas I did aswell in the end. Did I sound to sappy? I ask myself. Yes. You idiot. And that was what my subconscious told me.

“So, I take it that my daughter has no chance with you, whatsoever?” one of them asks me.

Ah right... about that one. I shook my head before gesturing Hana to come over; she excuses herself from Kai and Mei Fen then quickly strides over towards our group. Eyes fall on her soon after and as soon as she was within reach, my hand lands on the small of her back.

“Gentlemen, this is Kim Hana... my girlfriend” and I could feel her fluster all of a sudden.

Sehun secretly rolling his eyes to the side. But I couldn't help it; I just feel proud of myself somehow. Atleast I got one thing, right...


AUTHOR'S NOTE

I know it's late, I had no internet yesterday TuT