FOURTEEN

Ah, Love

 

 

CHAPTER 14


 


 


 

Kris opens the door and enters the bedroom.

He spots Hana inside the walk-in closet, rummaging through the cabinets perhaps looking for her pair of pajamas since it was quite cold tonight. His eyes trail from her damp hair, the small droplets of water on her shoulder, the white towel that seemed to be the only item wrapping around her body and down to her bare legs and feet.

Quietly, he walks over and slid his arms around her waist making her emit a small surprised gasp “You showered without me?” he asks, not caring that his white button up shirt was getting damp because of her rather long and wet hair as he rested his chin on one side of her shoulder. He inhales the sweet scent of vanilla-strawberry. Sweet. He smiles to himself.

“Kris” Hana utters out, her hands resting on top of his that were placed just a little below her stomach “I have to change” she tells him but he doesn't budge. “Change later... let's stay like this for awhile”

“A minute?” she asks and he responds “Two minutes...”

So they did. They stayed just like that for awhile and neither moved; Kris closed his eyes for a moment, silently breathing her scent in and out. It was going to be a long time before he gets a whiff of it again. He was sure that there were a lot of things he had to do once he lands back in China.

Hana, on the other hand, decided to enjoy the silence. It was rare, afterall and she was sure that she was gonna miss this by tomorrow when he leaves however, she couldn't help but feel a pang of guilt inside her chest.

I'm not supposed to tell you. She bit her lower lip upon the thought of her secret trip to China.

“Hana...” he calls her. “Hm?” He loosens his grip around her waist and turns her around so that she was facing him; her lands land on his shoulders. He takes a second to examine her face; her brown eyes, dark hair, well trimmed brows, sharp nose, the flustered pink lips that he never gets tired of tasting.

She quietly waits for him to speak but he never does, instead he leans down and places his lips on top of hers. Hana was taken by surprise for a moment but soon finds herself under his spell –as usual.

And one thing leads to another.

Mine... just mine.


 

Morning eventually comes.

Hana lets out a tired yawn after barely getting any sleep because Kris pulled the 'it's-my-last-night-so...' card on her. So sore... she groans as she gets up from infront of the dresser just as the walk in closet's door opens and Kris appears. He walks towards her and presses a kiss on her forehead.

She smiles and grabs hold of his shirt, buttoning up the last few buttons before smoothing out the sides with her hands. He wraps his arms around her waist and gives her another kiss on the forehead “I'll miss you” he mumbles. She wraps her arms around his waist aswell “Me too”

It felt like the first time she sent him off to the airport. It was actually harder than she first pictured it out to be now she had to do it for the second time around.

The drive to the airport was quiet but peaceful.

“Hana” She turns to him from the passenger seat, tearing her gaze away from the view outside of the window. He takes a quick glance at her, making sure not to keep his eyes away long from the road. She doesn't say anything but just looks at him, waiting “You've been awfully quiet since this morning, is something wrong?”

Honestly, she didn't know. She wasn't in the mood to talk, all she wanted was just to sit back and relax all day but maybe it was because of the thought of him leaving again. She forces a smile “I'm fine, don't worry about me... I'm just tired, I guess”

“I went easy on you last night” he smirks making her fluster at the comment. She lightly hits his arm and pouts; it was the complete opposite, he was rougher than the first night. Animal... her blush deepens to a darker shade at the thought. Kris chuckles and reaches out one hand to her, pinching her cheek making her groan “You were really rough”

“You have no idea how much ounce of control it took to hold back, I was going easy, I swear” he retreats his hand back to the steering wheel.

They fall quiet again for some time.

Hana continued to look out of the window, unable to tell a specific word as to how she really felt but she knew that it wasn't normal. She felt frustrated, stressed out, tired, sad and anxious, to add that a million of mixed up things between work and home were running through her head.

Sigh. She turns to Kris “I'm going to take my exams soon” she smiles; “Really?” she nods her head “I'm gonna try my best to get a high score” “You'll do great; you always do” he tells, quite a hint of pride in his voice.

He wasn't kidding though; if she managed to convince him to give her a promotion within a week after getting hired at his company, he sure as hell was sure that she'll pass her Chinese language exams with flying colors and with that said, he was also sure that she'd be with him in China in a short time.

She smiles brighter. If ever there was anyone in the world who would always believe in her, it was him.

Luhan.

Ah. I breathe in the sweet scent of freshly made coffee as it lingered in the confinements of my quiet office. It was indeed a way to start the day off at Wu Enterprise; atleast for some time, I have some peace and quiet before proceeding with my schedules.

General affairs with so many companies, with such limited time for myself. Sigh.

Ever since Suho had been seated as the new CEO, I've been left alone to run the department and it's quite different in a huge way. When the two of us were still in-charge, he did most of the work whereas I had enough time for everyday to get my thoughts together and as well as some peace and quiet.

But now, I have to run things all by myself and it truly hits me what it's like to be one of the big bosses in this company. Oh well, Luhan... all good things don't last.

I take a sip of my cup of coffee, leaning back on my leather chair and close my eyes as I feel the warm liquid run down my throat. Maybe not all good things... because the feeling this coffee gives me seems unending. BRRT. BRRT. Huh? Opening my eyes, I spot my cellphone vibrating on top of my desk.

Someone was calling. Aish, so early in the morning.

“Hello?” I answer and take a sip of my coffee once more “Lu-ge ~” a sigh escapes my lips and put down my cup. Good things never really do last “You do realize that it's still to early to be calling me, right? I'm enjoying a cup of coffee in my office”

Psh” a chuckle follows “Sure, whatever. Anyway, we have a visitor today” “A visitor?” one of my brows arch up. I could picture Sehun nodding his head on the other line “Yep... well, actually, a new employee”

“And this will interest me, because...?”

Sehun smirks.


 


 

A black car pulls up infront of Wu Enterprise and the driver's door opens. A pair of feet in a black pair of heels step out as some passing employees whip their heads to see who it was. Some recognized the face while as others couldn't; she walks up the front steps, her heels tacking on the cold concrete steps, jewelry sparkling under the glistening rays of the early morning sun, a Chanel bag that costs a fortune hanging on her arm.

She breathes in the sweet scent of air and tells herself “Seoul, South Korea indeed” she smiles and pushes the glass double doors but unlike what she had pictured out in her mind, no one stopped to stare.

It's almost as if she was just another commoner there. No welcoming committee? She frowns.

“Eherm...” comes a sound from behind her. She turns her head and spots a familiar face frowning, looking irritated. A bright smile and a gasp escapes her lips as she spun herself around and wrapped her arms around the man's neck. “Chanyeol!” she squeals.

Chanyeol raises a brow and grabs her arms, he pushes her away “Yookyung?” he raises a brow. Suddenly, he wonders what she was doing in Korea when she should be in China.

The female pouts at him, crossing her arms over her chest “Yah ~ where's the welcoming committee? Didn't anyone tell you that today is the day that Wu Yookyoung” she points to herself “...is coming?” Chanyeol's frown disappears and he emits a chuckle “Welcoming committee? Yah, no one informed us you were coming, why are you here anyway?”

Yookyoung.

Kris. My eyes turn to slits. He sends me here and doesn't even inform anyone?! Sometimes, I want to smack my dear cousin upright in the head but then I don't have the guts to do so. I'm not afraid of him, ha! That's the last thing I'd feel but... wait... okay, maybe a teeny-tiny bit.

I mean, who wouldn't be? Have you seen the way he stares people down like he's burning them in a pit of fire? Tch. He's the cold-hearted Hades if you ask me but then came the ray of hope: Hana!

But still... even with her around, he still send shivers down my spine. Don't tell him that.

“What do you mean 'what-are-you-doing-here'? Didn't Kris tell you anything?!” I whine in annoyance. I really expected a welcoming committee when I enter through these doors but all I get is just... the damn wind. Tch. I mean, hello! Wu Yookyoung is here! Fashion designer extraordinaire and the chairman's cousin, shouldn't I atleast get a bouquet or something?

Chanyeol shook his head. By this time, we were already standing in the lobby.

“Kris didn't tell us anything; really though, why are you here?”

Just as I was about to answer, I hear a DING and turn my head towards the direction of the sound; the elevator doors open and another familiar face comes out. “Suho-hyung!” Chanyeol calls out to him and the said person whips his head, immediately smiling as he saw me.

Ah yes. Suho, the good guy. No kidding, out of all the bosses who compose Wu Enterprise Seoul, Suho was the nicest of the bunch which is why the others took advantage of him sometimes but just because Kris and company did it does not mean that everyone else could.

Suho knew his way around; he got angry when necessary and implies discipline when needed.

“Yookyoung-ah, you're here” he chimes. Finally! Someone who sounds like they knew I was coming! “Kris told me you've been deported” Mental face palm. Deported? A sigh escapes my lips while he chuckles; Chanyeol snorts a laugh to the side before turning to Suho “No wonder it's unannounced”

“Yah! I'm standing right here!” I yell at him. Suho smiles and pockets his hands; DING. Came the sound again and another familiar face steps out but one I'm not particularly fond of seeing “Lu Han...” I hiss under my breath as I put on a blank face and look at him.

He smirks and walks over to us. Still a pretty face... tch. Luhan and I haven't been the very best of friends, really. Way back then, he always used to carry out Kris's bidding of making my life a living hell to which –even though I never admitted it- they succeeded.

And it was all because I accidentally spilled my dear cousin's embarrassing childhood memory at a party a long time ago.

“So... you're the little chicken that Sehun said would be coming” “Why wasn't I informed?” Chanyeol grumbles but we all ignore him. Luhan gives me an innocent smile –one that almost made me believe he truly meant it. Fat chance, Lu! “What are you doing here, kid?” he asks.

A hand lands on my back; it belonged to Suho “Yookyoung's going to be a part of the company now, she'll be working here under Kris's orders”

Smirk. I cross my arms over my chest and give Luhan a smirk. That's right and I get my own office too. “Under Kai...”


 

Cue glass shattering.

“But Kai is...” Yookyoung trails off as she slowly turns to look at Suho, looking for a sign that he was joking but even with the smile on his face, something told her that this was no prank. Luhan suppresses his chuckle and coughs before giving her a small wry smile “The Head of the Sports Department”

“Kris had your cubicle readied; Luhan, can you show her there? I have to get to a meeting” Suho asks, glancing down at his watch. Luhan nods his head “Sure...”

“Cubicle? B-but, my office, it's on the top --” Chanyeol cuts her off “Oh, the one at the top floor? Kris had it pulled out. It's not allowed unless deemed by him... so, it was you, huh?” he laughs. Suho excuses himself to leave, wishing Yookyoung a good luck.

Chanyeol makes his way to his office aswell, leaving a stunned and horrified Yookyoung with Luhan. He clears his throat before gesturing his hand towards the elevator “Shall we?”

Suddenly, she felt like going back to China.

Hana.

I don't want to let go. I really don't.

“Hana...” calls out my name but I keep my eyes shut “My flight's waiting; I have to go now” he pulls me to arms' length and gives me a small smile. No matter how hard I tell myself to smile back, my mouth just curves downward.

Kim Hana... Yes, subconscious? You're becoming a selfish little girl. I know.

I bit down on my lip for a moment before forcing myself to look up at him and smile; It's only for a while. Just a little while. I brighten my smile some more; Yes, that's it. Like the old times, I have to keep a positive thought on. I lift my hands and cup his face, making him look at me straight in the eyes as I put on a serious face

“Don't cheat” I whisper. He chuckles and cups my face aswell; I liked it. For some weird reason, I like the way his hands feel against my cheeks, it never fails to make my lips curve upwards.

“On you? Never”

I pull my hands away from his face as he did aswell. I pull out his passport and ticket from my bag and hand it over to him “Have a safe flight, Mr. Wu” he chuckles and gives me a small salute before walking off towards the designated gate “I'll call you when I land”

I quickly turn around. Even during the first time, I also didn't see him walk off.

I've already seen one, too many people walk off before my very eyes... not again. As soon as I was out of the airport and fastened in the driver's seat of the car, I fished out my phone

Hana, is he gone?” the sight of the plane where Kris Wu was boarded slowly ascended to the clouds. I nod my head “Yes... I'm leaving in two hours” “Good. Get your things, okay? Call me before you board on the plane”

I nod my head “Sure Xiumin”

I end the call. Placing my hand over my fast beating heart; Calm down, Hana. Calm down.


 

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Next update will be on Friday! This chappie was supposed to be a but I got caught up and just went blank. OHMAGAD that was the worst ever. You all can wait right? KEKEKE, anyway I'm just gonna wrap up my greetings for KAISOO :)

Happy Birthday to one of my OTPs!