TWENTY EIGHT

Ah, Love

 

CHAPTER 28


 


 


 

Good evening ladies and gentlemen and welcome to Fashion Summit 2014 hosted and sponsored by Wu Enterprise Seoul”

Cue applause.

The garden was lit up and full of life, the party of the evening was just beginning. Tao seemed rather relaxed, confident that this was all going to end in success for he knew that there was no such thing as failure in his book. Chanyeol approaches the head of the fashion in their company, sliding into the chair next to him as they sat by one side of the rather long runway.

“Nervous?” he asks, casually applauding along with the others as he sits down. Tao smirks “I'm surprisingly holding up well” he mumbles, keeping his eyes fixated on the lady sitting on the other side –Kris's aunt. Meanwhile, the chairman was nowhere to be found in the seats, instead he had chosen to stand somewhere.

Fashion runways were not really his interest anyways. He could just watch from afar and still be able to judge who is best and who is worst. Hana quietly sips on her fruit drink as she stands beside Kris by one of the cocktail tables.

“Are you sure you don't wanna sit down?” she asks; Because I want to. My heels are killing me. Silently she prays that he would say yes but to her dismay, he shook his head “No, I'm fine here...”

Ugly mental sob. “Are you tired, Hana?” “No” Mental face palm. Subtly, he moves closer to her and leans his lips close to her ears, his hot breath hitting her neck. She flusters “Kris --” “You know, I've been a good boy all day, I take you didn't forget that reward you were talking about?”

Shivers ran down her spine. Taking a deep breath, she brought her glass to her lips and took a quick sip “I'm a woman of my word, Mr. Wu”

He didn't know why but the sudden, strong woman-like aura she emitted turned him on. He found it rather y in a way. Hana looks at him, a playful glint in her eyes.


 


 

They're more than perfect. Sigh.

“Bittersweet sight, isn't it?” a voice comes from the side making Meifen jump a little in surprise. An amused chuckle escapes the lips of the casanova before he briefly takes a sip of his glass of whiskey; he clears his throat before speaking again, this time translating it to a language that he knew the girl would understand.

Meifen flusters at his presence alone. She hadn't had the slightest thought that he would even know her language but nevertheless she kept mum –not really knowing what to say to Kim Jongin

Kris and Hana really go well together, don't they?” he says, shaking his glass a bit, the ice clinking in the process.

Ms. Kim is very lucky” she says, nodding her head in agreement with Kai. He glances at her from the corners of his eyes; he saw it. Jealousy. The way she looked at Hana was the very same way that he looked at Kris. “I think...” he looks at the couple once again “It's Kris that is lucky

He watches as Kris snakes an arm around her waist and whisper something in her ear, probably a compliment –he assumed- as she had then smiled and glanced at him with a spark in her eyes. He lets out a sigh. Meifen swallows hard as she slowly turns to look at him.

“KAI!”

Her chance to speak was snagged away. They both turned around and came face to face with Chen, he glanced at the female for a moment before turning to Kai “Date?”

She tilts her head a bit to the side with a questioning look; she couldn't understand what he just said. Kai shook his head and laughs “She's Kris's assistant, she can't understand you”

“Chinese?”

“Yep”

Chen turns to her with a smile “Sorry, can I borrow Kai for a moment?” “Oh, uhm... sure” she blinks her eyes, surprised that he suddenly spoke in Chinese. How many more of them can understand the language? Without another word, he drags Kai with him as Meifen watches.

Strange bosses.

Hana.

Music began to blare as the hosts of the party had introduced the first line up which was

Wu Prime, China's Spring Fashion Line” and on cue, the lights went dim and music began to play, at the first drop of the bass, the lights went blaring and models began to appear on the runway. Wu Prime's logo was projected on the background screen.

Suddenly, my hands began to feel clammy. Now I realize why Tao has been giving it his all; Wu Prime was not a joke when it came to this. Monstrous designs. Unexpectedly, I soon found myself turning my head and got caught on a pair of tantalizing eyes. Gulp. Kris's aunt was staring at me with a smirk on her face. Unknowingly, my grip on the stem of my wine glass tightened.

I looked away, turning my attention to Kris –who was focused on every model that was walking. One after another. You should have seen this coming, Hana... I close my eyes for a brief moment. I know that, subconscious. You and Kris are heaven and earth, afterall. She chuckles inside me as I frown.

Me, being the earth.

“Are you okay?” I turn my head and look at Kris; forcing up a smile, I nod my head “Ofcourse... I need to go to the rest room”

A lousy excuse but it worked “Alright, don't be gone for too long” he said before I began to walk away.

I really was not planning on it but I needed to get away for a moment. I need to take a deep breath, gather my thoughts, shake off the intimidating feeling off my shoulder, just a little time to actually... keep calm. I walk across the vast party-filled garden, greeting some clients I knew here and there before finally stepping on marble floors and walked inside the vicinity of the hotel. Upon reaching the rest room, I kicked off the heels on my feet, steadying myself with my hands clasping on the marble counter of the sink.

Deep breath. I look back at my reflection and suddenly notice how pale I looked. Strange... I felt completely fine though, perhaps it's because of the nervous feeling? Being surrounded by rich people does have that nerve-wrecking ring to it.

“OW!” I shriek all of a sudden, my hand automatically falling onto my pelvic region as a sharp pain stings through it. CREEK. The door opens and Stephanie's reflection appears on the mirror “Unnie!”

Perhaps, the slight pained expression on my face caused her worried tone. She rushes towards me and grabs me by the side of my arms, helping me steady “Are you okay? Should I call Yi --”

“No! I-I'm fine... just tired of the... heels and all” I reason and she glances at my pair of heels on the side of my feet. “I see... well, erm-- Wu Enterprise Seoul's fashion line is up”

“Now?” I slip back into my heels quickly, not wanting to miss it. She glances at her watch “In five minutes, are you sure you're okay? You look pale, unnie”

“I'm fine... I'll go ahead, okay?”

I take one last glance at the mirror and flash a smile at Stephanie before rushing off. Quickly, I rushed off quickly but only to have bumped into someone as I made the turn away from the restroom's hallway.

“Slow down, Hana banana ~”

Luhan. He chuckles loftily as he holds me steady by my arms “Ah Luhan-ssi! Sorry, I just didn't want to miss the show” I sheepishly scratch the back of my neck as he releases me and pockets his hands “Well it's not for another few minutes so slow down... by the way, have you seen Kyungsoo?”

I'm pretty sure I saw him talking to a girl.

“I'm not sure, sorry” “I see... Kris kept you occupied?”

I cast him an apologetic smile, somewhat feeling sorry that I haven't kept track of Wu Ent's bosses. Thought it's not necessarily my task to do so, I just think I should keep them on track in case Suho questions me.

“Well, I guess I'll see him... eventually. You should get back to Kris before he sends a search party for you” he snorts a laugh to the side and walks off.

Just as I was about to walk off aswell, he turns back around and calls my name making me turn my head and look at him over my shoulder “Yes?”

“Are you okay?”

I blink my eyes at the question for a moment “O-ofcourse”

“Are you sure?”

I nod my head. He walks back towards me and place a palm over my head with a wondering look; he raises a brow “Hm. Strange... you're really cold”

That's quite funny because I'm pretty sure my skin is burning up because of the skin contact. Gently, he takes away his palms and pat my head “Go see a doctor just in case, okay?”

“Okay”

Hm... I place a palm over my head but feel nothing strange. That's weird. I feel perfectly fine.


AUTHOR'S NOTE

That awkward moment when I'm in a hospital right now yet there's free internet and I can't sleep and pretty sure that the nurse is gonna scold me when he/she comes in and finds me still awake at such an hour.

Well you should have thought of turning the hospital's router off. Kekekeke.

P.S. Sorry for the late updates.

P.P.S. Happy Birthday Xiumin <3