FOUR

Ah, Love

 

CHAPTER 4


 


 

Y-Yah, wh-who is this?” “Aish” Suho grunts as he takes the phone from Kai's hand as he falls on the floor, losing consciousness “Hello?”

Suho-ssi?” Suho raises a brow at Kai who was now being hauled up by Luhan and Sehun “Hana, sorry. Kai's drunk and he seemed to have pressed your number” “Drunk? Omona, can he still get home?”

Suho sighs “We'll drive him home. He's wasted. Sorry for disturbing your evening, Hana” he apologizes “No, it's fine. No worries... um, please get him home safely, Suho-ssi” Suho smiles; suppressing a teasing chuckle at her concern “Sure. Bye.”

“Aish, damn it Kai. You really did it this time! Tch!” Sehun complains as he struggles to keep the man on his feet, an arm over his shoulder while Luhan does so too on the other side. Suho shook his head as he followed them out of the small restaurant with Kai's jacket and phone in hand. What has gotten into him? It's getting worst.

Kai has begun a habit of drinking once every week, at a point it's not so bad but even with this schedule, when he drank, he drank to a point where he would be too wasted to get out of bed the next day. It's been three weeks and this is the third time that they had to take him home.

“Damn” Chen appears with Xiumin. Suho puffs out a breath and Xiumin turns to him and asks “You okay, Suho?” the latter nods his head with a forced smile “Just worried”

“Don't worry about Kai” Chen smiles patting his back “The man's just dealing with problems” then walks off ahead as Xiumin follows.

“Yah ~ take me to Hana, I wanna see her ~” he slurs as Luhan settles him in the back seat of Sehun's car “You're hopeless” Luhan sighs and straps him onto the backseat. Kai throws his head back, mouth slightly ajar as he falls into unconsciousness once more. “Hana ~” he groans.

Sehun tuts and tosses Kai's car keys to Chen before getting into the driver seat while Luhan takes the passenger seat. Suho hands Kai's belongings to Luhan and they drive off.

“Hey Suho...” he turns to Xiumin who stood beside him by the sidewalk while Chen drove off Kai's car to his home “He's still not over her; Tch, you know I actually thought he was joking about liking her”

Suho swallows the lump in his throat as they watch the car disappear “Who would've thought huh?” Xiumin smirks as he pockets his hands “My, my... I wonder how this will turn out”

“Xiumin” the cheeky boy turns to the stressed out CEO with a brow raised “Shut up”

Kris.

Wu Prime, like everyday since my reign, was cold and quiet even as spring was now amidst. I walked through the glass double doors, hands in my pocket and made my way straight towards the elevators, passing by employees who gave bows and greetings.

Those who were already waiting for the elevator to open stepped aside and if I didn't know any better, it would seem as if Moses was parting the red sea. Well, it did look something similar to that. Ding. I step inside the and doors close in one everyone else. It's not that there was a certain rule that allowed no one to ride with the boss but I guess they find it rightful though I don't exactly get it.

But it's not like I like being squeezed by a crowd inside a small compartment so I guess it's ideal. The doors opened and I stepped out; the top floor was quiet and all it contained was a waiting area and a small secretary's desk outside my office, a private meeting room and a small living space. It was all the same except for one difference: someone was sitting in the waiting area.

Who are you?” I ask. The female girl jumps in her seat; her eyes widened when she saw me and it took a minute for her to stand up and bow “G-Good morning, Chairman” I don't return the greeting but just repeat my previous question “Who are you?

She was short, shoulder length brown hair, round face and was wearing an office attire. She smiled at me “My name is Peng Meifen; I was hired to be your new PA

Right. My thirty-sixth personal assistant. I see... did they give you a briefing?” she nods her head as an answer to my question. “Good, you can start with my coffee. That” I point to the secretary's desk on one side “will be your work space, my schedule is on the computer, your job is simple. Keep my time organized and tend to whatever it is I need, I'll be in my office. Don't bother me.” and I disappear.

As soon as the door closes, my chair swivels around and a frown immediately appeared on my face; a female was sitting on my chair and her name: Wu Yookyung. The insane half of Chun.

Hey Yi Fan; long time, no see” she giggles, pushing herself off my leather throne. “What the hell are you doing here?” I ask, walking over to my desk while she walks around it on the opposite side. Yookyung sighs “Why is it that you're never happy to see me?

Tch. Really? She's asking me this? I sat down “Well, let's see” I start as opened my front drawer and searched for some papers I needed “You just annoy me, that's all” and she gives me a childish pout. God, don't even try. So, really what are you doing here?” I ask her as I found the papers I needed to work on and pull them out, slapping them ontop of my table.

Hmph. I came to inform you that I'm leaving my place under mom at the fashion departmentThat's amusing. I look up at her “Alright then” it's not like she was much of a presence here at Wu Prime, her mother –my aunt- is a control freak and usually does by herself. She manages well so I don't argue.

She smiles “I'm moving to Seoul” and it made me raise a brow “And how do you expect to sustain yourself?” I ask her. Yookyung's –not so- innocent smile turns wry “I'm still gonna work for you, just not here. Don't worry, I did the honors of having my office plotted at Wu Enterprise

WHAT? What?Don't ing tell me that it was her who was behind that office matter ! Don't dare ing tell me! Yookyung giggles as my eyes practically murdered her right where she stood.

Smart move, isn't it?” she crosses her arms. Calm down, Kris. Keep cool. I take an inward breath and calm myself down, my shoulders relaxed and I sat back on my chair “I ordered it to stop...

What?!” she whines “But why?!

I glared at her “You don't have authority in the very first place, you did not even get my consent for it that's why. I'm the chairman here and what I say, goes. Now, if you so will work at Wu Enterprise then let me just inform you that you are not getting your own office

hangs agape, face pure of disbelief as I went on. You wanna go your separate way with your mom? Fine. I'll give you a ing job to do. Then where do you expect me to work?!

Smirk. At a cubicle along with other employees, you will work under Kai

Jongin?” her brows knit together “But he's the head of Sports Department!No , Sherlock. Ofcourse he is you balloon head. I rest my elbows on the arm rest as I thread my fingers “You wanna work at Wu Enterprise, right? There you go. You fly out of here the day after tomorrow

But Yi --

DismissedThat's for the prank call, you little brat.

Tao.

Smack. I hit Kai's head; he was sprawled all over his desk so early in the morning and I needed some files from him for the fashion summit that's coming up. I needed it for the sports line.

“Yah, Kai... wake up” I hit him again with the rolled up paper in my hand but the only response I get was a groan. “Aish, this guy...” he drinks much more than he can handle and can't even show up straight for work today. I know he has problems but as a professional, he should leave them if it's not concerned with work.

The door opens; I whipped my head around and saw Hana come in with files in hand, perhaps needed of his signature aswell. She bows at me “Good morning, sir” I sigh. She looks passed me and her face falls into a surprised stare “Is Mr. Kim sick?” she points at the sleeping figure.

I turn back to the still unfazed sleeping man “No Hana... tsk. He just drank too much last night” she closes the door and approaches the desk.

“I see... no wonder he called me last night” I raise a brow at her words but don't say anything “Tsk. Tsk. I guess I'll leave the files here and return later” she purses her lips and takes out some folders from the bunch in her hands and places them on his desk. “I'll be leaving now, sir” she bows once more and does as she tells me.

She leaves.

“Mm...” the groan makes me whip back my head to Kai “Hana ~”

Hopeless. I leave his office and whip out my phone as I walk down the hallways “Come on...” I stop for a moment, tapping my foot impatiently on the ground “Hello?”

It's not that I'm taking sides but I just don't want this to get worst. I take a deep breath “Let's talk”


 


 


 

“But sir --”

“Yah, I told you that these are direct orders from the chairman” Chanyeol's voice booms through the top floor and a curious Hana couldn't help but peek at one of the rooms getting renovated. She stands by the doorway and watches Chanyeol conversing with –whom she presumes- was an interior decorator.

“Sir, I'm sorry but orders came from Ms. Wu Yoo --” Chanyeol rakes his hand through his hair in frustration “Aish, look here... if you don't pull out your staff by twelve o'clock, I'm calling officials. You are on private property” with that he walks off but only to pause for a quick moment as he sees Hana.

She smiles at him “Good morning, sir”

“Hey Hana...” he puffs out a breath, tucking the folders under his arm “Are you okay sir?” he purses his lips and curves them “Yeah, just early morning stress. Anyway, you need something?”

“Oh, um... no, I was just passing” she smiles. “I see, say... how about we get lunch later on? I wanna talk to you about something”

She blinks her eyes. Surprised by the invitation since Chanyeol never really asked her out for anything before; she thinks for a moment then nods her head “Sure, but I'll be at Cube so should I just meet you up?”

“Sounds ideal” he smiles “I'll see you later then” then walks off.

Hana.

Cube Incorporation.

Just looking up at the building sends shivers down my spine. I still remember the day I started working here up to the fateful day that I got... well, fired. It felt like it was just yesterday.

I stepped inside and it was all still the same.

I have no idea as to why I'm here but all I know is that they called for me. It could be for a business proposal but the last time I checked, Cube nor Wu Enterprise had made a move on each other; they always competed. Sure, they'd meet every now and then but it was never to make ties. Just talk.

“Ms. Kim Hana or Wu Enterprise?” a female voice pulls me back to the ground. Gulp. I smile “Yes, that's me” she looks down on her clipboard and smiles back at me “Madame Lee will see you in her office now”

Omona. Hana, you can do this! Focus! I take a deep breath before following her to the elevator. The ride up was quiet and when the doors opened, I was the only one that stepped out.

The floor was filled with offices but Madame Lee's was the largest of them all. I made my way towards her door; heels tacking as I went. Upon reaching her door, I gave it a knock and waited for the go signal

“Come in” That's my cue.

I opened the door and went in “Good morning, Madame Lee” I bow, keeping a smile on my face as I went. She raised her head and smiled at me –or smirk... I think?- “Ah, Ms. Kim... you're here, please... take a seat” she gestures her hand to the seat infront of her desk.

I walked towards it and sat down “You wanted to see me?”

Clasping her hands together, she keeps smiling at me “Yes. I heard you're doing well at Wu Enterprise... at such a short span of time you've become the... what? CEO's right hand?”

“Executive Assistant, ma'am” I correct. She chuckles “Right, well, seeing as that is it... I was surprised to receive this” she opens her drawer and draws out an envelope. I blink my eyes at it. She holds the thin material inbetween her fingers and looks at me knowingly.

Maybe she thinks I know something about it.

Clearing my throat, I ask “Sorry ma'am. But what is that... exactly?” her face turns amused and she tosses the folded piece of paper over the desk; she gestures her hand for me to take it and I do so. What the...

It's an application letter and the weird part being... it's from me?

“I'm sorry but...” I close the letter “This isn't from me”

“Then who is it from?”

“I don't know, Madame Lee but in all honesty, I am too happy at Wu Enterprise to leave” I explain, keeping a strong face on even though I so much wanted to run off right now. Madame Lee was like Kris in a way: intimidating & deadly.

A sigh escapes her lips “So, it seems that someone is toying with us”

Most likely. “But Ms. Kim, I will give you an offer...”

“Madame Lee, I don't think there's a ne --” she cuts me off “A position for Executive Assistant here at Cube Inc., you can think it over; I'll give you five months”

I pursed my lips together as she smiles at me “Sometimes we have to lose things, to realize their worth, Ms. Kim” picking up her pen once more, she continues her previous activity “Dismissed”


 

AUTHOR'S NOTE

You guys paid the ransom so quickly, Aigo. So, as promised. Here's Chapter Four! What happens next? You'll have to wait, if I finish work quickly I might be able to publish another one. Kekeke. Happy Holidays everyone :)

I wonder when is someone gonna submit an entry poster for Ah Love?