ELEVEN

Ah, Love

 

CHAPTER 11


 


 


 

Hana.

Kris Wu is jealous.

Just thinking about it is funny enough; the words certainly do not go well together but either way, I find it adorable and flattering at the same time. For Kris to feel jealous gives me some sort of relief aswell. As they say, jealousy goes to show how much a person means to someone.

I just hope he doesn't get too much of it. Knock. Knock. I look up from the papers on my desk and call for the person to come in. The door opens and the tall blonde enters; I smile at him “Hey”

“Hey...” he mumbles, closing the door behind him before making his way towards my desk and ended up standing beside me.

For someone who has just begun his reign as chairman, he sure has a lot of free time in his hands. I mean, now that I think about it, shouldn't he be busy back in China?

He leans down a bit, one arm on my other side, cornering me. “Umm... Kris, do you need something?” I ask him.

He leans down further until he was low enough to have his breath hit my neck and in all honesty, it is bothering me. Gulp.

“I'm leaving for China again tomorrow...” Already? Tch. Hana, he's chairman now... remember? Still though, it is a disappointing thought. Despite my efforts of trying to be unselfish and keep selfish thoguhts away, they somehow seep through still. I guess, it just flows on no matter how much I try to stop it because –even though I deny it- a part of me always yearns for him.

There's that side to me that is selfish and that side of me always constantly hopes that Kris, by some miracle, stays by my side and remains there. But on another account... I'm leaving for China too.

And with all my might, I am trying not to let the news slip out of my lips.

“What time's your flight?” I ask him, still cribbling down onto the papers and trying to keep myself focused. “Seven in the morning; are you gonna send me off or do I go alone?”

Well, work doesn't start until eight. I pause for a moment and turn my head to him, my lips almost landing on his cheek “I'll come along and send you off, okay?”

He turns his head and locks eyes with me; our faces were so close with each other that I had to lean my head back just so I could clearly look at him without having to worry about the awkwardness of the fact that my eyes were almost meeting at the bridge of my nose.

Neither of us spoke a word. He just kept looking at me in a way that made me fluster and feel awkward yet warm at the same time; I smiled at him. What people say about Kris –physically- is true. He's truly someone you can call handsome and he certainly was worthy of being out of perhaps so many females' leagues including mine but how he ended up being with me is still a mystery that I can't solve.

Unlike him? I'm plain.

“You won't leave me, right?” he asks me. What an odd question. I shook my head and place a quick kiss on his cheek, making his lips curve upward in a satisfied smile “Ofcourse not”

And he should never ever question me why.


 

Kai took a deep breath. Kyungsoo sat beside him on the bench; wind breezing by, the clouds in the sky shading the park beside the river Han. A few people here and there, some occupying the other benches, the rest justminding their own business and some were perhaps jsut letting the time pass, watching as the world turns.

“You know...” Kyungsoo starts off, looking around him “you're not yourself anymore, Jongin... what happened to the Casanova who breaks hearts?”

Kai snorts out a chuckle to the side “I came to accept that you guys won't stop calling me a Casanova but breaking hearts... that I will never do” “You already have” Kyungsoo says, rolling his eyes at his friend. Kai leans back and puffs out a breath and stares up to the clouds.

Sometimes he envied the fluffy things that did not nothing but float above the heads of other people. Clouds were so free, they were not bounded, they come and go, they really don't have anything to do but just literally watch the world go round. Unlike him... he was the complete and the total opposite.

“Kyungsoo... have you ever taken a train home?”

Kyungsoo looks out to the open. He's never taken the train home given the fact that ever since he was young, his mother took the greatest care of him that at times as he grew, he found it a little suffocating. She always made sure there was not a single scratch on him and every day until he graduated from college, he always had a driver with him taking him to wherever it was that he wanted to go to then eventually he learned to drive and got himself a car.

However, why Kai was asking him such a question is confusing him a bit to say the least. Just as he was about to say 'No' for an answer, Kai spoke

“Have you ever sat on a train next to a girl who just gets to you, like you've been struck by Cupid's arrow and because of that girl, you find yourself skipping your stop just so you could linger a bit more in her presence... it's like you never want to leave the train because of her”

He looks at Kai. Watching him as he rambles on

“But then... unlike you, she's eager to get home; she's eager to get off the train and when her stop comes, she gets off without a word and walks up to the guy who probably waited for her so they could walk home together and you realize that you not only missed your stop... but that was the last train for the night”

And only then does Kyungsoo realize to himself just how much Kai really does like her. For him to be affected like this meant that it wasn't just some petty crush; no, he actually cared for her but unfortunately for him, the odds weren't in his favor.

He reached out a hand to him, placing it on his shoulder and put on a comforting smile.

“But there's always another train in the morning or you could catch a cab; it's expensive but atleast you'll get home and wake up to another day” he tells Kai who then chuckles; somehow feeling the comfort that Kyungsoo didn't straightforwardly give him. It made sense... somehow.

I'll get over you Hana. No matter what it takes... I won't let a woman drive my life again... not again. He thinks to himself before inviting Kyungsoo to get some cakes before they get back to the office.

Tao.

The day finally ends.

I place away my work for the day as the clock hits five and stretch my arms over my head, letting out a tired sigh before getting up from my chair and make my way towards the door. Strange... Kris hasn't called me once. I think to myself, fishing my phone out of my pocket.

The door suddenly swung open, almost hitting me had I not immediately stopped on my tracks. Speak of the devil. Kris walked in, stopping as he saw me “Were you going out?” he asks me. I pocket my hand “It's five, time to go home”

“Five?” he raises a brow and glances down at his watch “Office ends at seven, Tao” he tells me.

Technically, office hours did end at seven but ever since he moved to China and Suho took over, everyone talked about it in a meeting and all agreed to end office hours at five o'clock, hence the seven was removed and was deemed by Chen to be: overworking.

Besides, there were better things to do than stay in the office until such an hour. It's not like Wu Enterprise's status would change; even if we left it for a week, it would still manage to overpower other competitors.

“Gege, we all agreed on it. We even sent you a memo, did you forget?”

He brings his hand to his head and massages his temples with his fingers, mumbling “Right...” a heavy breathes rolls off his lips “Anyway, I came to see you” So much for hitting the sacks early.

I found myself sitting down on the office couch across him and had my secretary bring in two glasses of lemonade.

“So...” I breathe out “How did it go?”

“How did what go?” he asks. Sometimes, he's not so sharp “Did you talk to Kai?”

“No... not yet and I don't plan to”

Expected. They do say that one word is enough for a wise man, or in this case: one warning. Kris wasn't much of a person to repeat himself, what he says always goes and he's not making an exemption of Kai. The idiot should really be more careful of his actions otherwise this friendship might come crumbling down on the ground.

But like I said, I am not one to take sides and just because I told Kris does not mean that I side with him. I am doing this for good reason; besides, he has left Hana under our care and Kai's been on the wrong side of the road lately. I'm not gonna stand here and watch two of my good friends fight over a girl –who clearly loves the other.

And I am not gonna watch Kai hurt himself over and over and over again.

“Gege, you know that I'm not one to take sides” “I know” he said, picking up his glass and takes a sip of the lemonade before setting it back down “Don't worry, Tao... I'm not gonna do anything to Kai. He's hurt himself enough and I don't plan on losing a friend”

One thing about Kris though... as cold hearted as he is, he knew how to treasure friendship. Afterall, before Hana...

We were all he had.

Xiumin.

I pop my head inside Hana's office, smiling at her as i gazed upon her look of surprise.

“Xiumin... what brings you here?” she asks. I step inside the lavish office and walked up to her desk after closing the door behind me. I placed down a brown envelope on the wooden surface and slid it towards her “I came to give you these”

She takes the envelope and opens it, going through the contents as I spoke “Everything you need is there; the plane ticket, the passport, a dictionary. You'll be spending the night at the hotel near the hospital and you'll take the first flight back, Stephanie will be accompanying you and Hana...” she looks up “Kris doesn't know, right?”

Her shoulders tense up a bit as she shook her head “No” “Then don't get caught, okay?” I give her a smile and she returns the bright gesture.

I don't know why the heck I even agreed to this suicide mission. For all I know, Stephanie asked this as a favor saying that it was a life and death situation which up until now, I still don't get. She won't tell me the reason and always went with the 'I'll tell you when the time is right' excuse whenever I asked.

If Kris finds out... I take a sharp breath... I'm dead.

The guy hated secrets and this was a secret which meant that he will hate it if he finds out and not only that, he made us all promise to tell him if ever Hana goes somewhere far. Mental sob. Sorry Gege! One time, the guy freaked out when he found out that Suho sent Hana to Busan to talk to some people and now I can only imagine how he'll go on a mental fit if he finds out that I sent his girlfriend out of the country!

Aish, this better be good Stephanie! My is on the line and it's too good to be on the said line!

“Thank you, Xiumin” she smiles; her words pulling me back to earth. I push myself off her desk and pocket my hands “You're welcome”

“Oh, by the way... I was thinking we all could have dinner tonight at our place, Kris is leaving tomorrow; can you tell the others?”

It's been awhile since we all gathered, so... it's not a bad idea. I nod my head “Sure... I'll see you later then?”

“See you at eight!” she chimes as I head out of the door.

Atleast... Kai and Kris will be able to face each other. Hm... that might be interesting.


 

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Sorry for not updating chocopies ~ I have been very busy during the holidays and I just passed my works today so I took the rest of the day to catch on some sleep since I've also been sick but anyway, here is an update! I hope to post another one tomorrow, on Friday and perhaps the weekend aswell :)

Are you all still here? KEKEKE, I'll finish all my stories this 2014! Fighting! Thank you for the continuous comments, upvotes and subbies! :)