FORTY FOUR

Ah, Love

CHAPTER 44

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Kris…” Lay stands up from his seat “What are you doing here?”

 

 

Everyone was still trying to process the situation because apparently, seeing the tall blonde guy in the flesh at three in the morning is a lot to take in when he is supposed to be in China. Even Kyungsoo was still trying to take it all in; Kris ignores the question thrown at him and instead asks “Where is she?”

 

 

Chanyeol was first to react “Oh man, you didn’t… seriously, this is all a joke right? I didn’t drink that much did I?!” he shouts to the ceiling, Xiumin slaps the back of his neck and he whines out in pain, complaining about how everyone was hitting him today “He did, idiot” Xiumin mutters before turning to Kris and points his thumb to the direction of the guest room “She’s over there”

 

 

And Kris just walks off to the given direction leaving the people in the living room still a little dazed by his sudden appearance.

 

 

“Okay” Lay shakes his head “This is real, right? Because if I walk into the room later on and find no Kris Wu, I am going to call an exorcist”

 

 

Xiumin chuckles and sips on his drink while Kyungsoo takes a seat again, mumbling a comment soon after “He’s crazy” Chanyeol craned his neck, looking at the direction of the guest room where Kris had just disappeared to; he turns back to the others and picks up the bottle of liquor, staring intently at it “How strong is this drink?”

 

 

Sigh. Kyungsoo turns to him “Are you really having a hard time believing that Kris flew in all the way from China because his girlfriend is drunk?” Chanyeol sets down the bottle, his brows were knitted together “Yes! I mean, who does that? That’s creepy!”

 

 

“Sweet though” Lay adds up.

 

 

“…and ing creepy” Chanyeol ends thus the other three shake their heads at him “I think you’re just forgetting the fact that this is Kris ‘now-more-ing-rich-and-powerful’ Wu we’re talking about, Yeol” Xiumin informs and Kyungsoo rolls his eyes and in a sarcastic manner he comments “What an upgrade”

 

 

Chanyeol slumps back on the couch “Kris ‘ing-rich-and-powerful-and-creepy--over-protective-and-over-dramatic-boyfriend’ Wu, you mean”

 

 

“Let’s just stick to Kris Wu, shall we?” Kyungsoo suggests and everyone agrees “Good”

 

 

Kris.

 

 

You’re all probably wondering how the I got here so fast; the perks of having a private jet.

 

 

It wasn’t easy though, I had to yell at a lot of people and demand for the watch tower to allow take off and as for the speed it only takes two to three hours tops to get from China to South Korea.

 

 

I quietly closed the door behind me. The room was dim, the only source of light being the lampshades on the bedside tables but it was enough to illuminate the sleeping figure on the bed; I purse my lips in a line, an unpleasant feeling was churning inside my gut and I’m not exactly sure what it is but I think it’s somewhere along the lines of guilt, anger and frustration “Idiot…” I mutter although I’m not exactly sure who I meant to say it to, myself or her?

 

 

With careful steps, I made my way towards the bed, sat down and reached out a hand to push away some stray strands of hair from her face “What’s gotten into you, Hana?”

 

 

CREAK. I look up and find Lay standing by the door way

 

 

“Are you sleeping over?” he asks, one hand holding the door open and the other tucked in his pocket. I glanced at Hana, she seemed comfortable; I turn back to him “Yeah” “Alright, make yourself comfortable, Yi Fan” he says casting me his signature calm smile

 

 

“Yixing” I call out to him just before he could close the door. He turns back around “Yeah?”

 

 

“Thanks”

 

 

“No problem, man” the door closes.

 

 

I got up from where I sat and took off my coat along with my tie, walking to the small dresser in the room and placed them there; Sigh. This has to end because as thoughtful as it was for my dear grandmother to offer her a job and an easy way out, it’s tearing her apart. Hana can’t see that but I can, I can clearly see how she’s being torn into two by the situation she’s been put in and I do not like it at all. Getting her hurt is the last thing I wanna do.

 

 

Groan. I turn to look at her over my shoulder, she squirmed a bit under the covers, hugging the pillow tighter as she frowns “Kris…” she groans and I find myself smiling and not a second later, I found myself in bed pulling her close until her back hit my chest.

 

 

And for the first time in two months and a few weeks or so, I’ve never felt this relaxed.

 

 

“I’m here, Hana… I’ll be here when you wake up”

 

 

 

 

 

CHINA

 

 

Stephanie walks out of the elevator, her eyes fixated on the documents that she had in hand; she was going through the papers for a proposal that Yookyung and her came up with as their first official project. Kris just needed to review it and she prays to God that he would sign it. She walks past Mei Fen’s desk where the girl seemed like she had just gotten in judging by how she was just setting down her bags and her coat and sunglasses were still on

 

 

Good morning, Ms. Peng” Stephanie greets with a smile startling the assistant, she quickly whirls around and bows “G-good morning too, Ms. Wu

 

 

A chuckle dances off her lips as she finally reaches the doors and opens it, walking inside and closing it behind her “Good morning, Yi Fan

 

 

She walks up to his desk with a bright smile but it soon fades as the leather chair swivels around and instead of finding her brother, she sees Luhan with smile on his face, his elbows propped on the arms rests, hands holding a Rubik’s cube “Morning” he chimes. "Luhan!" Stephanie blinks her eyes, shaking her head to ward off the surprise and asks the doe-eyed boy, a little dumbfounded by the situation “Where’s Yi Fan?

 

 

“Hm” Luhan hums aloud, his face as if he was in deep thoughts “Let’s see, I think I remember him saying something about catching a private jet to Seoul and leaving me in charge until he comes back” he clicks his tongue “Ah right!” his face lights up with a smile “He’s in Seoul

 

 

Seoul?” she raises a brow. Luhan nods his head, eyes falling on the Rubik’s cube in his hand as his fingers move about it twisting the sides “Yup” he pops the p; the smiles finds its way back onto his lips and he couldn’t help but comment “Such a sweet boyfriend he is

 

 

Stephanie processes his words for a moment and so far understood that Hana was the reason for his leave.

 

 

Did something happen?” she asks, a little worried since she doubts that her brother would just drop everything he has and fly off just because he felt like it. Luhan continues to twist the toy in his hands “Nothing bad” he shrugs “Hana just got drunk, that’s all

 

 

Drunk? Her eyes widen because that was certainly new. It was one of the words she never thought she’d hear get linked with Hana’s name.

 

 

Well, anyway…” Luhan sits upright, tossing the now-solved Rubik’s cube on Kris’ desk and holds out a hand to Stephanie “I see that you have something in your hands, Ms. Wu

 

 

She takes notice of the folder in her hands once again and immediately hand it over to Luhan’s waiting hand. The doe-eyed guy leans back on the leather seat and runs his eyes over the document.

 

 

For the longest time, he was just quiet and Stephanie then fully understood how others must’ve felt when they were faced with their boss. It is nerve wrecking and unpleasant. The tension of the thought that a proposal could possibly be rejected made her heart pound and when Luhan closed the folder up with a blank look on his face, the cold bullets of sweat that formed on her forehead just ran down.

 

 

Well, Ms. Wu the proposal is good” he says, placing down the folder on the table “But I think I know what would make it excellent

 

 

He smiles and Stephanie swallows hard because the little glint in his eyes gave her an idea of what he planned to do.

 

 

Kris.

 

 

I kept a firm hold on her as she moved, she was finally awake and I was more than happy that she was because among the things I’ve missed the past months, it’s waking up next to her. Only difference being, that we’re not in our own room.

 

 

She tried to break free and get up but I only pulled her down, much to her annoyance I presume because then she shouted “Yah –" but she stopped halfway when she turned around, her eyes widening as she saw me. I smiled at her, feeling a little tired and sleepy but nevertheless glad

 

 

“Good morning, beautiful”

 

 

She doesn’t react, she looked frozen and not to mention completely surprised but I was expecting that. disbelief clouded her eyes; maybe it was a lot to take in for her, maybe she’s thinking that this is a dream, an illusion or some kind of sick aftermath of a hangover so I leaned in and pressed my lips onto hers to assure her that this was all real, that I’m really here, that she really did wake up next to me.

 

 

When I pulled away, it was only then that she finally moved and wrapped her arms around me, burying her face onto my chest and she cried but I didn’t say anything about it, I just let her because it felt right, because it felt like it would help.

 

 

She’s a mess. I have to honestly admit that with her messed up hair, dark bags under her tired eyes and not to mention that she was bathing in the scent of Jack Daniel’s however, I don’t really give much regards to her physical appearance right now, I just want her to feel okay. I tighten my hold around her and pull her closer “Maybe I should have called beforehand” I mumble, chuckling a little to myself at my attempt to lighten up the mood atleast a little bit.

 

 

A slap lands on my chest after she pulls away to glare at me.

 

 

“What?” I ask, blinking my eyes in confusion as to why she slapped my chest all of a sudden.

 

 

“You’re supposed to be in China!”

 

 

Mental face palm. Really? At a time like this she’s really gonna say that? Of all the things that she could say, of all the things she could think about she still has her mind around work and business, for ’s sake. I frown “You can’t be serious, right?”

 

 

Hana pulls away from my grasp and sits up, I follow. She buries her face in her palms “You can’t leave Wu Prime just like that, it needs its –” “Let’s go out, today” I cut her off, climbing out of bed and walked over to the dresser, taking my phone and putting on my coat

 

 

“Kris –” I shut my eyes and take a deep breath. You’re not here to fight, Kris so I put on a small smile and walked back to her, she continued to give me the disapproving look. I let out a sigh and sat down infront of her, bringing a hand to the back of her neck and rested my forehead against hers “Hana, please?”

 

 

“Why did you even come here?” she sniffles, her lower lip popping out in a pout.

 

 

Because you’re a mess.

 

 

Because you need me to be beside you even if you won’t admit it.

 

 

Because everything is hard on you right now.

 

 

Because I don’t want you doing something stupid like drinking your problems away like last night.

 

 

Because you’re not okay.

 

 

Because I miss you.

 

 

“I would tell you but it would take a whole day to hear out my list” I peck her lips and smile at her before getting up to my feet and held out a hand to her “Plus it’s not like you’re going to work today anyway, you’re already late so let’s just go out today”

 

 

She slapped her forehead, obviously disappointed that she forgot about work because let’s face it; Hana values her career so much. Now if only you’d value me like that… I shook away the thoughts.

 

 

Hana looked around the room only then coming to the realization that we were not in our condo; she looked a little dazed so I figured she was backtracking herself to the happenings of last night “It’s Lay’s condo, you were too drunk to go home” I retreated my hand and instead walked over to the dresser, ruffling my hair to atleast look presentable. Finally she sighs in great defeat and climbs out of bed, tidying herself and fixing up the bed.

 

 

“You know…” I lean back on the dresser and cross my arms as I watch her “It offends me that you’re not happy to see me”

 

 


 

 

Hana turns to him; he had a disappointed look on his face.

 

 

She drops the pillow onto the bed and walks towards him, immediately wrapping her arms around his waist and mumbles a quiet sorry. Kris didn’t even hold back, he hugged her back and smiled to himself as she went on to explain “It’s just a lot to take in because just yesterday you were in China and when I woke up today you’re here… I’m really glad to see you though, I was just surprised” he chuckles “It was a good surprise though, right?”

 

 

“You’re unbelievable, Kris Wu” she rolls her eyes, breaking the embrace.

 

 

KNOCK. KNOCK.

 

 

“Yah, no !” Chanyeol yells from outside the room.

 

 

Hana’s face burns up while Kris rolls his eyes at the younger guy’s shout “Go away, Dumbo!” Kris shouts back whereas Hana decides that maybe it was a good time to get out of the room.

 

 


 

 

The couple entered the kitchen where the four were having breakfast, it was already nine thirty in the morning and they were supposed to be at the office thirty minutes ago but then Hana remembers that they’re bosses not regular employees although Kris did always say that they should still get in on time. They just never listen well, she guesses.

 

 

“Well, good morning” Xiumin chimes as he finishes up a cup of cappuccino and lays it out infront of Lay –who was more than grateful because Xiumin had really bothered to decorate it with a leaf.

 

 

Hana takes a seat beside Lay and a thoughtful Kyungsoo places a cup of water and aspirin infront of her “It’ll help you feel better” he explains briefly and flashes a small smile. She mumbles a thank you and drank the medicine while Xiumin passes another freshly made cup to Kris.

 

 

“She scolded you, didn’t she?” Kyungsoo asks the blonde chairman and Kris rolls his eyes as he grumble “Expected”

 

 

Hana rolls her eyes at her boyfriend, shaking her head. Kyungsoo lets out a sigh and fishes out his wallet, taking out bills and hands it over to a grinning Park Chanyeol.

 

 

“Did you just make a bet about me and Hana?” Kris asked, his brows knitting together. Chanyeol, hops out of the bar stool and grabs his coat “Yep! And I have won so many of them. I’ll be going off first, got paper works to finish!” he chimes, patting Kyungsoo on the shoulder and playfully smacks a kiss on the side Lay’s head before running off making sure to yell a goodbye to Xiumin, Hana and Kris.

 

 

 


 

 

 

I hope you don’t mind but I’ll be borrowing your lovely assistant for today.

 

- Kris

 

 

Suho chuckles at the text, well atleast it explained why Hana’s office was empty when he came in. To say the least, it was a little unprofessional of Kris to just snag her for the day, Hana was under him afterall but then he remembers that he was under him.

 

 

Well, they need to see each other anyway. He sighs, leaning back on his chair as he takes a break from the paper work scattered on his desk.

 

 

Kris is an idiot, Suho thinks to himself because his friend always acted rashly, sometimes acting before thinking even and says words that he regrets later on but never admits. Kris is a lucky idiot, Suho corrects himself because idiotic as his friend may be, he was lucky enough to have found somebody who accepts him as a whole and bears with the weight brought about by his idiotic moves and decisions.

 

 

KNOCK. KNOCK.

 

 

“Come in”

 

 

The door opens and Baekhyun steps inside with a brown envelope in hand. The CEO could only so much as guess what was inside but he had a feeling that it was special and the smile on Baekhyun’s face confirmed his thoughts; Baekhyun flops himself down on the visitor’s chair after he hands over the brown envelope to him and stretches his arms over his head

 

 

“Is this what I think it is?” Suho asks, slipping his hand inside and takes out the contents. Baekhyun smirks “More than what you think it is, actually”

 

 

Suho smiles the moment he gets a glimpse at the first few words and Baekhyun laughs as their eyes met “It’s insane, huh?” he asks and Suho laughs, nodding his head in agreement “I honestly hope this is all worth it, Baek” because otherwise, everything else will just go to waste and like a domino effect, one will fall after the other. Suho pushes the contents back inside its container and leans back on his chair “Did she get one?”

 

 

“Her?” Baekhyun raises a brow; Suho gives him a knowing look and he gets the message “Oh, ofcourse! Everyone’s getting one”

 

 

“Yeah, keep in mind that a certain someone shouldn’t though”

 

 

“Got it” Baekhyun salutes and gets up “By the way, I noticed Hana’s not in today… shall I get Ling?”

 

 

Suho rolls his eyes at his colleague whereas Baekhyun only laughs aloud as he exits the office.

 

 


 

 

Kris latches up his wristwatch and takes one last glass at the mirror, pushing up his blonde hair in spikes. He settled for something casual, a white v-neck, black jeans and a pair of white Air Jordan’s –completely far from his usual button down shirt and slacks business attire. He definitely didn’t look like someone who owns a multi-billion company; he looked more like a teenager if he were to say so for himself.

 

 

“Hana, you ready to go?” he shouts; his girlfriend had been inside the walk-in closet for god knows how long already and time was ticking. Not that they had a schedule to catch anyway, it was just gonna be a casual day out.

 

 

“Just a sec!” she yells.

 

 

Kris breathes out a sigh, walking to the said walk-in closet and knocks on its closed doors “It’s just gonna be a casual day out, you’ve been in there for over an hour now like you’re going on a first date” “Jesus Christ, Kris, I’m a girl did you forget how we are?” he rolls his eyes at her statement.

 

 

“Hurry up, will you?” he knocks once more.

 

 

“I’m done!” she announces and the doors open; Kris meets her eyes for a moment before he takes in the full sight of her: she was wearing a black bustier dress with floral patterns and black flats, she even curled her hair and let it cascade down one side of her shoulder and Kris thought the look was perfect but then… she just had to wear a white cardigan.

 

 

“Take the cardigan off” he says but Hana protests “No”

 

 

“It’s hot outside today, you won’t need it”

 

 

“Aish, I don’t tell you what to wear” she whines, grabbing her bag from the dresser as she walks past him. Kris frowns and approaches her from behind, grabbing her by the shoulders and pulls of the cardigan causing her to gasp as he swiftly pulls it off her arms and throws it behind him “Kris Wu!”

 

 

Kris clicks his tongue and begins to push her out of the bedroom. Hana makes a turn to try and run back for the cardigan but instead, she gets hauled off her feet as Kris swings her over his shoulder with much ease earning a gasp and squeal of surprise from her “Put me down, Kris Wu!”

 

 

“Nope, this is quicker, lunch is waiting Kim Hana” he smirks and carries her out of their home.

 


 

 

Author’s Note:

 

            This was supposed to be one hell of a long chapter but I decided to cut it. Kekeke, are you ready to spend a whole day with Kris and Hana?

 

P.S.

 

I put up an ASK.FM –got questions? I’ll be glad to answer them and meet you perhaps ^^ thank you again everyone!