A Wish I Couldn't Decline

♥PURPLE MALLOWS♥

            “Tehru-chan, how do I look?” Misaki asked parading a beautiful dress in front of me. She’s wearing a pink cocktail dress and she’s so happy twirling in front of the mirror admiring her dress.

            “It looks great on you.” I smiled. Misaki is so excited today because tonight is Haku’s birthday party.

            “Do you think he’ll notice me now?” Misaki asked childishly.

            “Of course he will.” I said.

            “How come you’re not dressed yet?” Misaki frowned at me. I lay in the middle of her bed reading an old book I found under her bed.

            “It’s still early.” I told her turning my attention back to the book.

            “No it’s not. We have to fix our make up and hair.” Misaki whined pulling me from the bed.

            “I don’t want to wear a make up.” I pouted.

            Misaki rolled her eyes at me. “Here wear this, now.”

 

            She pushed me inside the bathroom and handed me the midnight blue dress she picked up for me back on the store. I wore it grudgingly and forced myself to be happy. I am not that ecstatic to be at a party tonight because I know that Toushiro wouldn’t be there to see how beautiful I am in this dress. I don’t even know if he’ll notice me. Ever since that day in the shelter I found myself thinking about him more and more. I actually wanted to skip the party and go to the shelter again.

 

            “Tehru.” Misaki called and I snapped out of my thoughts.

            I went out of the bathroom and faced her. “Are you happy now?”

            “Why are you so touchy today?” Misaki frowned ushering me in front of her vanity mirror to apply make up on my face.

            “Nothing.” I replied.

            “There’s something I am missing here.” Misaki said studying my face.

            “Stop looking at me like that.” I said trying to fix my messy hair.

            “Ha! Tehru you’re in love, aren’t you?” she asked suddenly.

            I must’ve blushed red because she jumped up and down with glee. “That’s not true.”

            “Uso! I can see it in your face.” she said pointing at me. “Who is it?”

            “I am not in love.” I said trying to hide my face.

            “Fine don’t tell me I’ll figure it out anyway.” she shrugged and started painting my face.

 

            We arrived at the party just in time before it even started. Haku greeted us immediately and introduced us to some of his friends. Misaki gave him a huge present, which I guess comes from all her savings, and I gave him mine. He ushered us in an empty table and a waiter immediately serves us.

 

            “I am glad you could come.” Haku smiled.

            “Tanjoubi omedetou gozaimasu.” Misaki and I chorused.

            “Arigato Tehru-chan, Saki-chan.” he smiled. “You’re both beautiful tonight.”

 

            After we ate the dance floor were filled with people as they dance in tune with the music. Haku comes to our table to check on us for like every five minutes.

 

            “Haku-kun let’s dance.” Misaki said.

            “Oh okay.” he smiled startled. “Coming Tehru?”

            “No I’m fine, maybe later.” I told them and wave them away.

 

            I sat there looking at them and I had to smile because Misaki finally got her wish. I look at the people dancing and wished that Toushiro is here to dance with me. I took out my phone and looked at his picture together with Angelo, a picture I had the chance to take when he wasn’t looking.

 

            After a few minutes Haku came back on our table without Misaki. He stood beside me and offered me his hand.

 

            “Where’s Saki?” I aksed.

            “She excused herself to the bathroom.” Haku replied smiling at me. “Will you dance with me?”

            I looked at him and shook my head. “I don’t know how to dance.”

            “I’ll teach you. C’mon please.” he said giving me a pleading smile.

            I don’t really want to dance but it will be rude not to. Besides it’s his birthday so I took his hand and allowed him to lead me in the dance floor. “Just this once, okay?”

           

            He nodded happily and I didn’t see him signal on the DJ. The music turned party rock to slow and the next thing I know he had me in his arms and we’re slow dancing.

 

            “I’m really happy you’re here.” he smiled a little seductively.

             I smiled awkwardly and said. “Uh yeah.”

 

             We slow danced without talking and I looked away when Haku started looking at me intently. When the song ended he didn’t release me immediately.

 

              “The song just ended.” I told him and released myself from him but he holds my arms.

              “Can I ask one more gift?” he asked.

              I just want to go back to our table before Misaki sees us so I blurted out. “Sure, what is it?”

 

              Instead of answering me, Haku just gave me a smile and the next thing I know his head is slowly descending to mine. I know that he’s going to kiss me and Misaki’s face flashed into my mind.

 

              I stepped back and told him before running away. “This is wrong."

 

 

 

A/N:

 

     update update :)) that's really bold of Haku isn't. tto bad Tehru didn't seem to like it. :))

 

      Comment and Subscribe. ♥♥ and sorry for the wait.