Take My Hand

♥PURPLE MALLOWS♥

            Misaki’s plan went clear when she arrived at my house the next day. She came knocking on my door with so much noise that I couldn’t pretend to be asleep. I got up feeling a little sleepy from all the crying I made yesterday and opened the door for her.

 

            “Surprise!” she shouted almost to my face.

            “Saki, what are you doing here so early in the morning?” I asked her sleepily, dropping on the sofa.

            “It’s not that early, freak.” she said, helping her way into the kitchen. “It’s already eight am.”

            “I haven’t got to much sleep you know.” I scowled at her.

            She went back in the living room, her hands on her hips and glared at me. “Why are you still lazily sitting down there?”

            “Is it a crime now, sitting on my own sofa?” I asked her disbelievingly.

            She walked to me impatiently and pulled me to my feet. “Take a bath, now! And don’t ask questions!”

           

            I swayed a little as I went to my room again. I figured I better follow Misaki’s order before she goes tearing up my house. So, I took a bath lazily and pulled on my usual clothes for school. When I went out I thought that Misaki will be now pleased to see me but she only glared at me even more.

 

            “What are you wearing?” she demanded.

           “Clothes appropriate for school.” I yawned.

          “Have you left your brain in your bed, Tehru?” she smirked. “There’s no school today!!”

          I stopped myself from yawning again and looked at Misaki properly. “Honto desuka?”

          She sighed. “The professors will be gone for a seminar, remember?”

          “Oh yeah.” I replied remembering. “Gomen-ne, I forgot.”

          “Change your clothes. We’re going out.” she commanded.

         “Naze? We can just stay here at my place and watched some movies.” I told her as she pushes me inside my room.

         “We’re not going to hole up ourselves in here.” she said as she rummages through my closet.

 

        I sat on my bed, waiting for her to finish demolishing my closet. After a few minutes she threw a black skirt and a baby blue sleeveless top towards me.

        “Why do I have to wear this particularly?” I asked holding it up.

        “That will look good on you.” Misaki said now looking for shoes.

        “Can’t I just wear purple?” I asked hopefully.

        “I don’t want you to look like Barney.” she said dismissively and I scowled at her.

 

         I got dressed and I must admit that it does look good on me. The skirt just fell right above my knee and the top revealed my curves. Misaki made me wore me knee high shoes to which add up to the fashion.

 

         “You look like a doll.” Misaki said proudly.

         “I’m already dressed. Can you tell me now where we’re going?” I asked.

         “You’ll find out soon enough. Let’s go.” she said pulling me outside.

 

        Misaki’s car is parked outside and she ushered me inside. She drove around Osaka and she still refused to tell me where  we’re going. After a few minutes, she parked outside a theme park and we got out admiring the façade.

 

        “Wow, why didn’t you say we’re going here?” I said smiling at her. “I wouldn’t have said no.”

        She gave me an I-don’t-think-so look and she kept rummaging something in her bag. “Here hold this for me.”

        She handed me two tickets and I took it from her. “Wow and all ride pass.”

       “C’mon let’s go.” she said leading the way inside and I came bouncing behind her.

       “We can ride there first.” I said pointing at the wildest ride, laughing.

        “I don’t think so.” she said pulling me the other way.

       “Why not?” I asked.

      “We have to meet someone.” she answered.

      “Who?” I frowned.

       “You’ll see.” she smiled mysteriously.

 

        I stopped short when I saw someone, who I didn’t expect to be here. Misaki looked back at me questioningly.

 

         “Tehru, what are you doing?” Misaki asked impatiently.

        “Saki, we’re not going to meet him, are we?” I asked in a small voice.

 

        I was looking at Toushiro. He’s leaning on a railing waiting for someone and I stood there, my gaze fixed.

 

       “Well, yeah.” Misaki answered tentatively.

       “Why?” I demanded trying to keep my voice calm.

        “Well, I told you I have a surprise and that I’ll do something about your problem.” she said.

       “There’s no point for this.” I said shaking. “I’m going home.”

       I turn around but Misaki just blocked my way. “What are you running away for?”

       “I don’t want to make more stupidity, you know.” I said pointedly.

        “Don’t be silly.” she said dismissively. “Are you just going to let him go away without an explanation?”

      “Saki, it’s over.” I said helplessly. “He made that clear.”

      “I’m not stupid you know. You love each other.” she said matter-of-factly. “One of you has to face it.”

 

        And before I can even protest, Misaki dragged me towards Toushiro who froze when he saw us coming. He straightened up and I looked away, my heart hammering in my chest.

 

        “Toushiro-kun!” Misaki smiled.

        “Hi.” he said tentatively.

       “Sorry if we’re late.” she apologized.

       Toushiro looked at her and then at me. “Er, it’s okay. Will you tell me what the problem is now?”

       “Ah about that. My problem has already been solved.” Misaki smiled and I guess that’s how he lured Toushiro here. By telling him Misaki has a problem.

       “That’s good to hear. Well, I’d better go then.” Toushiro said.

       “What? No!” Misaki exclaimed. “We can still enjoy today. Right, Tehru?”

 

        I shrugged and continued to look away. Misaki’s phone rang and she answered it. She excused herself and I was left with Toushiro. When she came back, Misaki is wearing a triumphant smile.

 

       “Hey, guys. I’m really sorry but I need to go.” she explained. “It’s really important.”

       “I’m coming with you.” I said.

       “Don’t be ridiculous.” Misaki glared at me. “The tickets will be wasted and you better use it.”

       “But—.” I said but she cut me short.

       “Toushiro-kun, take care of Tehru for me, will you?” Misaki said turning to him.

 

       She then ran away, before Toushiro and I can stop her. I made a mental note of strangling Misaki when I see her again. There was a painful silence between the two us and he’s the one who broke it.

 

       “I think we should go home and make use of our free time today.” he said quietly and he turned to go.

       “So you’re going to run away from me again, are you?” I asked my voice shaking.

       He turned around and looked at me. “No, I’m not.”

       “What then?” I shouted and a few people look at us.

      “I just thought you’d want to be some place else.” he replied.

      Before I can stop myself, I told him what I really felt. “I want to be with you. Is that hard to understand?”

       He looked at me for a long moment, like as if he’s processing what I said. “You don’t know how much that means.”

       “You’re going away no matter what I say but couldn’t you at least give this day for me?” I asked him, tears building on my eyes.

 

         He stepped forward and hugged me fiercely. “I swear I can kill myself for all the times I have made you cry.”

        “You’ll be very dead, then.” I mumbled and he laughed.

 

        He let go of me and held out his hand. “Let’s go?”

 

        I nodded and he led me forward. We rode every single ride in the theme park and ate lunch a nearby food stand inside. It was  one of the best days of my life though I’m still dreading the moment that he will say goodbye.

 

        “You’re not coming back, are you?” I asked quietly as we stand in line for our fifth ride in the Ferris wheel.

        “I don’t know.” he answered honestly.

       “I wish you can tell me why.” I said.

       “I’m afraid I don’t have the courage.” he said miserably.

 

        I didn’t push it after that and contented myself by cherishing every moment that I have with him. We ended our day by watching the sunset, and eating a huge scoop of strawberry ice-cream. We were holding hands when we walked towards the parking lot and I excused myself in the last minute to go to the bathroom.

 

        When I went back though, I saw something that surprised me. Toushiro is talking to someone I knew so well. They seemed to be fighting over something because the man is waving his hands impatiently. That man was my father. I can’t believe that he’s gone all the way here to talk to Toushiro. I was about to interfere when my dad walked away.

 

         I walked towards Toushiro who seems shaken.

        “Who are you talking to?” I asked.

       “Oh no one.” Toushiro said without looking at me. “Just someone asking for directions.”

       “Are you sure?” I asked him suspiciously.

      “Hai.” he answered and opened the door for me. “Get inside, I’ll take you home.”

 

A/N:

 

 yay! another update for you guys...

 

later.. :)))

 

comment and subscribe :))