Friend or Foe?

♥PURPLE MALLOWS♥

          It is the first official practice of the cheerleading squad and that only mean one thing: Misaki is anxious. Now you might say that being nervous is just normal but Misaki likes to take it to another level, like paranoid level. She’ll start it by fussing about her hair and clothes asking me from time to time if she look okay and I will assure her that she’s beautiful. Then she’ll start telling me that she’s getting fat and she’ll be kicked out of the team. I tried to hold on to my sanity when this crisis happens to her and I also kept reminding her that she’s been doing this for ages.

 

            “Do I look okay?” she asked checking her face on a compact mirror.

            “Saki—“. I started but she cut me off.

            “No, no no.” she said shaking her head looking behind my shoulder.

            “What now?” I asked her frantically.

           

            She tried to hide herself by trying to look inside on her enormous bag and I looked behind me to find out what made her crazy again. It was Haku walking towards our direction.

 

            “Hi Haku.” I waved.

            “Hello.” he said and looked at Misaki. “Hi Saki.”

                       

            Misaki squeaked and mumbled about fixing something in the bathroom. Haku looked at me questioningly and I followed her on the bathroom.

 

            “Saki’s having a little crisis right now.” I told him. “Wait here.”

 

            Inside the bathroom Misaki is hyperventilating. “Saki you have to go out. Your practice is going to start.”

            “Don’t remind me.” she pleaded.

            “Saki, it’s just a practice. It’s not like you’re going to perform on a crowd.”

            “What if they told me that I don’t have a talent at all?” she said walking back and forth.

 

            I closed my eyes and said. “Misaki Shizou will you please take a deep breath and clear your head for a while? Haku is out there and he’s going to watch the practice too. Do you want to make him wait? I thought you like him, it wouldn’t earn you points if you kept doing this.”

 

            I’m actually glaring at her and she stopped pacing. She took a deep breath and went outside.

 

            “Hi Haku.” she smiled. “Sorry about that.”

            “It’s okay. Practice is going to start.” he said pointing at her co-members.

 

            Practice started and Misaki did great like I predicted. It made her whole day because Haku gave her a hug and she almost fainted. We were lounging on the benches outside, near the soccer field again when I saw him. Well, who else would capture my eyes like this? It’s Toushiro and he’s still handsome as ever.

 

            He had earphones on his ears and he’s walking towards the other direction. I wanted to call him but Misaki beat me to it.

           

            “Toushiro-kun!!” Misaki yelled. He looked up and turned towards us. Misaki is motioning for him to come forward and he hesitated.

 

            He walked towards us and I held my breath. Tehru get a grip.

 

            “Uh hi.” he said lamely.

            “Where are you headed?” Misaki asked.

            “Home.” he replied and his eyes me. There’s a look of surprise and then sadness again. I wanted to ask him right then why he’s giving me that sad look but he shifted his gaze away from me.

            “Oh! Toushiro-kun this is Haku by the way.” Misaki said introducing them with each other.

            “Oh, hey.” Toushiro said giving him a polite nod.

            “You’re the architect genius right?” Haku asked shaking his hand.

           

            Toushiro didn’t know what to answer so he just shrugged.

 

            “Your name is known even in the engineering department.” Haku explained.

            “Sugoi, Toushiro-kun.” Misaki clapped. “Right Tehru?”

 

             I nodded and gave him a thumbs up. “Sugoi.”

 

             “How did you know each other?” Haku asked me and I’m forced to take my eyes off Toushiro.

              “I met him at the Otaku diner.” I replied.

              “You didn’t tell me that.” Misaki said.

              Great Tehru. You have a big mouth.“I forgot to tell you, Saki.” I smiled at her.

              “He’s our classmate on English class too.” I told Haku and he raised his eyebrow.

              “I have to go.” Toushiro said.

              “Why?” I asked stupidly.

             He looked at me a little funny and said; “Personal matters.” and I blushed for asking.

 

              Misaki said her goodbye but Haku didn’t sound as enthusiastic as before.

 

 

A/n:

 

comments comments  :)) toushiro and haku finally meet. what could this bring?