Alone in Awkwardness

♥PURPLE MALLOWS♥

             When I went back to the shelter I learned from Shino that Toushiro has been visiting Angelo after all. That’s good news for the poor dog and bad news is that he’s visiting the shelter whenever I’m not, which I find weird. Why would Toushiro avoid me when I’ve done nothing wrong with him?

 

            Maybe, because I’m a freak. I chastised myself and banished the thought away immediately.

 

            Misaki have flu yesterday and she hasn’t recovered yet. I plan to visit her later after school and planned what food to buy for her as I try to concentrate on what my English professor is saying. He’s discussing that we will try to perform a part of Shakespeare’s famous writing entitled Romeo and Juliet.

 

            The class immediately went excited when they heard it. I guess this is the only thing they look forward to when our major classes are giving us headache. We were to play the role of Romeo and Juliet and that means everyone has to be a pair of girl and boy. I thank god that Misaki isn’t here to witness my poor dramatic prowess and I don’t plan to mention it to her because I know she’ll have a good laugh. And to make it more perfect Tosuhiro wouldn’t be here to witness it too because I don’t think he remembers that he have a subject like English.

 

            Of course I’m wrong and thinking about this is a pure fiction. Sigh.

 

            The classroom door opened and Toushiro entered.

 

            “Ah good Mr. Sawada, Ms. Fujii doesn’t have a partner yet.” our professor said. “She’ll tell you about the activity.”

 

            He walked towards me like he was in slow motion or maybe it’s just my brain doing somersault from not seeing him last time. I tried to hide my panic by burying my face on the script. When he took the seat next to me, I slammed the other script in front of him without looking up.

 

            “Is this thing supposed to talk and explain things to me?” he asked after awhile when I continued to ignore him.

 

            I took a peek in my script and found him dangling the piece of paper with his thumb and forefinger. He wiggled his eyebrows at me waiting for an explanation.

            “Do you have a personality disorder or something?” I asked before I can stop myself.

            He raised his eyebrow at me and said, “Why?”

            “One moment your in a good mood and other times you look at me with sad eyes.” I explained in a hurry.

 

            He froze when I mentioned this and he turned his attention at the piece of paper suddenly developing an interest in it. I can imagine him closing like a shell and there’s now way he’ll open up with me again.

 

            I should’ve kept my mouth shut.

 

            Tension hung between us like a visible thread and I racked my brain to do or say something. We started our little play pair after pair and I felt like my heart is going to explode. At last the teacher called our name and we stood in front of the whole class.

 

            The scene we will portray as Romeo and Juliet is the part where Romeo will first meet Juliet and he will fall in love with her. Yeah, as in love-at-first-sight in love with her. And did I just mention the worst part? No, I guess not. The worst part is that Romeo will kiss Juliet in this scene two times. TWO TIMES.

 

            This is not happening.

 

            I’m going to die.

 

            Toushiro delivered his speech convincingly. He said it in fluent old English and my mind went blank. I forgot that he grew up in America.

 

            “Tehru, it’s your turn.” he whispered at me and I scrambled to read my lines.

 

            I delivered it without much emotion other than nervousness. Toushiro as ‘Romeo’ bent his head slowly to give his first kiss and I can see him again going in slow motion.

 

            Please let me die.

 

            I smacked Toushiro in the face with my script and the whole classroom roared with laughter. I looked at him and his eyes are closed maybe in irritation.

 

            “Miss Fujii, why did you do that?” our sensei demanded. “Mr. Sawada won’t make that kiss real, I’ve explained that earlier. Were you not listening?”

            I bowed my head and mumbled in a small voice, “Gomen nasai.”

 

            We took our seat and Toushiro didn’t talk to me until the end of the class. I tried to apologize but he was gone in the first ring of the bell.

 

            Baka desu.

 

A/N:

 

    Ahaha laugh trip. :)) Tehru-chan.

 

COoOmments and Subscribe.