Inquisition

♥PURPLE MALLOWS♥

            Misaki tried to distract me from my dreams, which seem to come by every night, by dragging me to the mall. We watched movies, go shopping; we even hang out in the spa. I tried to cheer myself up by busying myself on the Otaku diner and by going to the shelter.

 

            I felt a little disappointed too because it’s been three days when I last saw Toushiro. He didn’t come by to the diner or went to the shelter to visit the St. Bernard, Angelo. He didn’t even attend the English class. I scold myself every time I tried to unconsciously search for him.

 

            “Tehru-chan, you’re spacing out again.” Misaki scolded. We were outside near the soccer field. Misaki just checked when their first practice is and she’s fussing about it.

            “Gomen-ne Saki.” I said. “I’m just thinking about something.”

            “Is it about the dream again?” she asked concern displayed across her face.

            I shook my head but she didn’t seem convinced. “Just thinking about some random stuff.”

            “Why don’t you give your father a call?” Misaki asked.

            “Why would I do that? He’s probably busy right now.” I shrugged.

            “Maybe he knows something about your past.” she explained.

            “He wouldn’t want to talk about it.” I said in a small voice. I remember the last time I asked him what really happened that night my mom died and he shouted at me. Otosan said not to ask question that will only open our wounds and I learned not to ask anymore.

            “How do you know?” Misaki asked trying to reason with me.

            “Our relationship is already on the edge and I don’t want to do anything to make it worst.” I replied.

            Misaki sighed and I put on a brave smile. “Don’t worry Saki, everything’s going to be fine.”

            She pinched my cheeks and said. “Shut up, freak. I should be the one saying that line.”

 

            I laughed and gave her a wicked smile.

 

            “What are you thinking freak?” she asked me.

            “Come with me in the diner tonight.” I said. “I’ll treat you dinner.”

            She smiled at me. “That’s a great idea.”

 

            “May I join in that ‘great idea’?” a voice asked.

 

            We turned around and find Haku grinning at us. Misaki jump with glee and greeted Haku excitedly.

 

            “Haku!”

            “Hi, girls.” he smiled sitting in the middle of us.

            “Where have you been?” Misaki asked.

            “Making little cars work.” he teased and Misaki smacked him.

            “Do you want to come with us?” I asked him.

            “Where to?”

            “Have you ever been to Otaku diner?” I asked him and he gave me a puzzled look. “I guess not.”

            “Tehru works on this cool restaurant where they serve food named after anime terms.” Misaki explained.

            “Really? That’s cool.” he smiled. “I’m in.”

 

 

            We were in the Otaku diner and I gave them a special order of the Naruto express. Haku kept giving me funny looks and it made me blush. I do my usual routine at the diner and I’m half hoping that Toushiro will appear. Once Mikai told me that we have a handsome customer but it turned out to be just a foreigner.

 

            I sat down beside them when there were a few customers left.

 

            “You look beautiful.” Haku commented and beside him Misaki’s eyebrow raised.

            “Ah, iie.” I shook my head.

            “But there’s something wrong.” he continued.

            I touched my hair and checked my dress. I looked at Misaki and asked. “Do I have dirt in my face?”

           

Misaki shook her head and shrugged. I turned to Haku and looked at him expectantly.

           

            “You look kind of…sad.” he observed chewing thoughtfully on some tempura.

            “She is sad.” Misaki confirmed and I glared at her.

            “Doue?” he asked.

           

            I didn’t answer and I busied myself by checking out the pattern on the table cloth. He looked at Misaki and asked her the same question. Misaki explained him why I’m feeling so down and he grew more concern.

 

            “Is there anything I can do to help?” Haku asked touching my arm.

            “Help me wash the dishes?” I joked but they didn’t laugh. “I’ll be fine. I’m strong because I have Saki here.”

 

            Misaki beamed at me and patted my hand. Haku looked at me for a long time and said. “I’m here too. I’m your friend too, right?”

           

            I nodded and he turned to Misaki. “Right, Saki?”

            “Hai.”

 

           

            That night I walked with Saki to the train station like our everyday routine and she’s a little silent.

 

            “I think Haku likes you.” she said quietly.

            “I don’t think so. I think he’s just really a kind person.” I explained.

 

            Misaki shrugged and I wonder if she has mistaken Haku actions earlier for something that made her jealous.

 

            I punched her lightly in the arm and said, “Misaki-chan, you’re not like this.”

            “I’m just saying what I observed.” she shrugged.

            “Well I still think you’re mistaken and for the record I like him as a friend.” I told her looking straight ahead.

 

            In the corner of my eye I saw her smile at me. I think she’s just waiting for my confirmation that I don’t like Haku more than a friend and it made her a lot happier. She started chatting merrily and I know I made her happy somehow.

 

A/N:

 

       Comment and Subscribe ♥♥

love you. check out LOVE RIOT and I SLEPT WITH HIM.