Trials

♥PURPLE MALLOWS♥

 

 

            “So, are you going to tell me what project are you working on?” I asked Toushiro. We were on his apartment and he’s currently busy cooking dinner.

            “Iie.” Toushiro said over the frying pan. I was sitting on top of the kitchen counter while Toushiro is busy frying something. So far I don’t know any of the food he’s cooking.

            I pouted. “Naze?”

            Toushiro laughed and handed me a biscuit. “Well, it’s sort of a surprise.”

            “I don’t like surprises that much.” I said absentmindedly, munching the biscuit.

            “Why?” he said transferring the food on a silver platter.

            “The last time you surprised me I slammed the door on your face.” I pointed out.

            “I thought you didn’t slam it rather you just closed it.” he said as he playfully kissed me on the cheek.

            “Yeah that’s what I mean.” I laughed.

            He was busy preparing the casserole now. “Silly.”

            I bounced off the kitchen counter and stand beside him. “What are you cooking anyway?”

            “Soup for appetizer.” he explained. “And our main dish will be steak with fried potatoes on the side.”

            “That sounds weird.” I said and he pinched my cheek.

            “No it’s not.” he argued. “I know you’ve been eating more classy food than me every time you go out with your dad.”

            “I prefer Japanese food though and besides I don’t know you cook.” I said leaning on the fridge.

            He laughed. “When you’re alone on a foreign country the first thing you should do is learn how to cook. That’s how I survive; I need to feed myself you know.”

            “I guess, you’re right.” I smiled. “But you could just eat outside you know.”

            “You’re impossible.” he teased.

 

            I helped set up the table while Toushiro brought out the food. I smiled as I look at the table, this is so romantic. I took out two wine glasses and put the red wine in the middle of the table. Toushiro looked at our masterpiece and then he snapped his fingers.

 

            “Oh this is not right.” he said and he went inside the kitchen again.

            “Doue?” I asked.

            When he came back he was holding another set of plates and other utensils. He also produced another wine glass and set it on the table. “That’s more like it.”

            “There’s only the two of us.” I pointed out.

            “Oh I forgot to tell you, we have a guest tonight.” he smiled at me.

            I frowned. “Guest?”

            “Hai.” he nodded. “I’m sure you’ll get along with her.”

            Her? I thought. “Who is she exactly?”

           

            Toushiro looked at the nearby clock and then at the door, completely ignoring my question. “She should be here by now.”

 

            I got a bad feeling about this and I know that I wouldn’t want to meet whoever Toushiro invited. I felt a little disappointed because I thought it will be just the two of us tonight but I guess my boyfriend has other plans.

 

            The doorbell rang and Toushiro winked at me. “Wait here.”

 

            Toushiro answered the door and I can definitely hear a girl’s voice. When they went back in the dining room my suspicion is confirmed. There she was in an utterly offending red mini dress laughing carelessly with Toushiro, is Akira Miyumi.

 

            “Tehru, I want you to meet Miyumi.” Toushiro said gesturing towards her. “My most competent architect.”

            I don’t like the sound of the word my on his lips so I just nodded and plastered a forced smile on my face. “Konbanwa.”

            “Tehru-chan.” she squealed like we were old friends. “It’s so nice to meet you. Toushiro have told me interesting stories about you.”

 

            She hugged me tightly while Toushiro laugh. I raised an eyebrow at him and composed myself again when Miyumi released me.

 

            “I brought desert.” she said handing Toushiro a box of cake.

            “You brought my favorite.” Toushiro smiled.

            “Anything for my boss.” she beamed.

 

            I cleared my throat to tell them I am still here on the room. Toushiro went back to the kitchen while Miyumi looked around the house.

 

            “How are you Tehru?” she asked conversationally.

            “I’m doing so great.” I answered unable to hide the sarcasm off my voice.

            If Miyumi heard it she didn’t show instead she gave me a smile and sat down on the nearest table. “That’s…cool.”

 

            “Dinner is ready. Let’s eat.” Toushiro announced happily unable to sense anything wrong.

            “Can we talk for a minute, Toushiro-kun?” I asked before he can sit on his chair.

            Toushiro frowned at my request but he followed me in the kitchen. “Sure.”

 

            “What’s wrong?” he asked when we were out of earshot.

            I faced him with forced calm. “What is she doing here?”

            “I told you I want you to meet her.” he replied.

            “Why?” I asked.

            Toushiro frowned. “So that you’ll be friends with her.”

            “I can choose my own friends.” I said heatedly.

            Toushiro sighed. “Tehru, what is wrong with you? Miyumi is right out there waiting for us. Let’s go back.”

            “I don’t want to.” I insisted. “I thought it’s just the two of us.”

            “Tehru we have enough time for ourselves, right now all I’m asking is for you to meet my friend.” Toushiro said looking tired.

            He doesn’t get why I am being like this. “Is she really just your friend?”

            “What do you mean?” Toushiro asked, angry now.

            “I don’t think she likes you as a friend.” I answered bluntly.

            “You don’t know anything about her.” he said irritated.

            “I’m going home.” I said.

            “Stop being a child Tehru.” Toushiro said impatiently.

            That hit a nerve. “Fine.”

 

 

            I stormed out of the kitchen and out the dining area without even glancing at Miyumi. I can feel Toushiro right behind me but I didn’t even stop when he called my name. I grabbed my jacket and slammed the door on my way outside. I walked furiously out on the street and I didn’t look back to check if he’s following me.

 

            I know I am being a brat about it but I don’t really like her. I am so jealous and I have never felt like this before. I don’t know what’s gotten into me and I know that I am wrong. I am even surprised of what I did tonight.

 

            I hailed a taxi and contemplated everything once I’m inside. I know it’s wrong but my jealousy has taken the better of me. I cannot stand to look at the girl whom the world knows as Toushiro’s fiancée, it felt like an insult and we wouldn’t even talk about it. I wiped the tears off my face as I paid the taxi and went inside my house.

 

            I lay down in my bed, my heart heavy with confusion and guilt. I shouldn’t have done that. I tried to sleep and promised myself to talk with Toushiro and say sorry.

 

            Toushiro didn’t call or when to fetch me that day to take me to school. I dressed and went to school with fear that I made him really angry. It was a very dull day and I wouldn’t talk to Misaki about it even though she asked me a hundred times what’s wrong.

 

            I was almost out of the school gates when I bumped with someone. I looked up to see Haku smiling at me.

 

            “Hi, Tehru.” he beamed.

            “Haku!” I smiled, completely surprised.

            “How are you?” he asked,

            “I’m okay. How about you?” I asked, it’s been a long time since we last talked to each other.

            “I’m great, thanks.” Haku smiled his boyish smile.

            “Are you going home now?” I asked killing for time.

            “Uh no…” he smiled sheepishly like he’s hiding something. “I’m actually going to see someone.”

            I laughed. “Your girlfriend?”

            “I hope she will be.” he laughed.

            “Who is the lucky girl?” I asked.

            “I think you know her.” he winked.

            I frowned. “Who?”

            “Misaki.” he replied.

            “Nani?” I asked a little loudly. I didn’t know they were going out.

            “We’re seeing each other.” Haku said tentatively.

            “Since when?” I asked incredulously.

            “It’s sort of a long story.” he laughed.

            “Well, I am surprised but I’m glad.” I said unable to believe it. “Don’t make her cry okay?”

            “Hai.” he nodded. “I’d better get going or she’ll kill me.”

            I laughed. “Bye then.”

 

            I turned around and walked towards the gate. I stopped when I saw who’s waiting for me. It was Toushiro and I don’t think he likes what he saw.

 

 

A/N:

 

    another chapter updated :)) all for you guys.. I soooOooooOOOoOo love you all..AHAHA. I hope like this. Thanks for sticking to the story this far~~!!

 

Comments and Subscribe.