I Play Innocent

♥PURPLE MALLOWS♥

            Saturday morning I went to the animal shelter to visit Mimi, a Japanese Akita dog, my favorite dog in the shelter. The shelter was not that big but they try to take care of the animals as much as they can. I went to the front desk and greeted Shino, a part time worker at the shelter.

 

            “Ohayo, Shino-kun.” I smiled.

            “Tehru-chan, ohayo.” Shino said, he was busy typing on his computer. “Mimi is waiting for you.”

            “That’s good to hear.” I said reaching for a form. “Is there a new animal rescued?”

            “Two Siamese cat and a Siberian husky.” he replied.

            “Are they hurt?” I immediately asked.

            “Not really, Yumi found the Siberian on the street and the cats were given by an old woman. Apparently she couldn’t take care of them anymore.” Shino explained taking the form from me.

 

            I sighed with relief. Some of the animals brought here were being abused by their former owners which really make me mad. I took my wallet and took a couple of paper money which came from my salary last night. I handed it to Shino who recorded it to the computer.

 

            “You’ve been helping this shelter a lot Tehru-chan.” Shino said gratefully. “The animals will be happy.”

            I smiled at him, “It will be a lot better if I can work here too.”

            “I know that you really want to work here but you know the rules.” Shino said patiently. “Maybe when you graduate.”

           

            I pouted at him. “Easy for you to say, you’re already a veterinarian. I’m still a freshman.”

 

            Shino laughed and told me to go visit Mimi before I started pestering him with my desire to work here. I went inside and went to the dog’s section. The dogs weren’t actually in cages; it was a big room where each dogs has a cot they could sleep on. They have blankets and pillows too. I found Mimi on the third cot and she easily picked up my presence.

 

            “Hi, girl.” I said patting her on the head. “How are you?”

           

            She gave a huge bark and the other dogs came to greet me too. I took Mimi outside and led her to the bath house. This is one thing they allow me to do, I treat Mimi to a bath whenever I came here.

 

            “Come Mimi, go inside.” I said ushering her inside the tub. I handed her a dog biscuit. “Good girl.”

 

            I gave her a bath and by the time we’re finished it is time for her to eat. I heard footsteps coming towards the bath house but I ignored it. I am busy drying Mimi’s coat.

 

            I heard a familiar voice and I took a peak outside. I saw him and gasped. I immediately hid in the tub and Mimi gave a bark.

 

            “Shhh!” I told her and she just cocked her head in confusion.

           

            “Hear is the bath house I think you should give him a bath first. He looks battered.” I heard Shino’s voice said.

            “Yeah, he’s had enough trouble with that man.” an angry voice said.

            “Did he hurt this guy that much?” Shino asked. “Where did you find him?”

            “He smacks him quite a lot. This guy ran away and I followed him. I found him on the train station.” the man explained.

 

            By the sound of their conversation it looks like there another dog rescued. I’m tempted to go out where I’m hiding from and demand where the man who dare hurt an innocent animal is, but I held my ground. The door opened and I prayed that he wouldn’t find me.

 

            “I’ll leave you then. You’ll find everything here.” Shino said and left.

            “Come on, big guy. Let’s get you cleaned.” the voice said.

 

            Mimi gave a huge bark and another dog gave her a bark.

 

            “How did you get here girl?” he asked and as if Mimi understand him the dog sniffed the tub.

 

            I looked up and I found myself looking at the handsome guy I met at the Otaku Diner.

           

“Hi.” I said laughing nervously.

            “I thought the bath house is for the animals?” he smirked.

            I scowled at him and went out of the tub. “I’m just checking the tub.”

 

            He looked at me like I was crazy and to add with my embarrassment Mimi took the liberty to brush off the water on her coat and we got showered by water.

 

            I gave Mimi a pat and checked out the big St. Bernard who looked scared. His coat is covered with dirt and he looked liked that he’s not been eating for ages.

 

            “Hello.” I him gently. He whimpered like he was scared of me. “It’s okay. I’m not going to hurt you.”

 

            “What’s his name?” I asked the man.

            “Angelo.” he replied still looking at me like I was crazy.

            “He looked so scared.” I said full of concern.

            “You scared him.” he said. “You shouldn’t have been hiding on animal tubs.

 

            I glared at him and called after Mimi. She followed me outside and I saw Shino.

 

            “Who is that stubborn guy?” I asked him irritably.

            “Oh I haven’t asked his name yet but he saved that St. Bernard, Angelo.” Shino explained. “Why?”

            “Nothing.” I replied.

 

 

            Monday came and I managed to forget about that incident. Misaki and I were trying to find another member for our group work. It’s our first time to meet our English professor and he already gave us tons of work.

 

            “We can’t finish this on time if we don’t find another member.” Misaki said.

            Our group work is about a dialogue with three people in it. “Yeah, but everyone has a group already.”

            “There must be someone out there who still doesn’t have group.” she said determinedly. “I’ll go find someone.”

 

            I started writing our dialogue when Misaki came back dragging someone beside her. My eyes widened when I recognized him.

 

            Why do I always see him?, I groaned.

 

            “Tehru, I found us a new member.” Misaki announced. “This is Toushiro.”

 

            He looked at me with an evil smile. “Hello, Tehru.”

            “Uh, hi.” I smiled stiffly.

           

            He’d better not tell Saki about our meeting or I’m going to strangle him.

 

            “What are you working on?” he asked sitting beside me.

            “A dialogue.” Misaki replied. “Oh I forgot something, wait here.”

 

            Misaki left and I asked him. “What are you doing here?”

            “Studying.” he said casually snatching the paper from my hand.

            “I figure that out. Are you taking pre-med course too?”

            “No.”

            “What are you taking then Toushiro-kun?” Misaki asked holding out a piece of paper and handing it to me. It is a long dialogue she made.

            “I’m taking up Architecture.” he replied.

            “How did you ended up as our classmate?” I asked him a little accusingly and Misaki frowned at me.

            “I have some subjects that I have to repeat because the school didn’t credit them.” he explained daring me to ask more.

            “Toushiro said he came from America.” Misaki said excitedly.

 

            Before I could react our professor called me, “Miss Tehru Fujii, come here for a moment.”

 

            Toushiro froze and I don’t know why. I went to my professor to find out what he wanted. When I came back to our table I found Misaki revising our script and when Toushiro looked up at me he wasn’t looking at me like I was crazy anymore. There’s something else in his eyes. Pain and sadness, I wanted to ask him what’s wrong but I couldn’t do it with Saki here.

 

            “What do you think about the dialogue?” I asked him.

            “It’s fine.” he replied his tone a lot kinder but with a hint of sadness.

            “Oh, okay.”

            “So your name is Tehru Fujii?” he asked like he’s trying to confirm something.

            “Hai. Naze?” I asked.

            “Nothing.” he replied and he didn’t talk to me after that.

 

            When I walked with Saki to the train station I’m still feeling weird about Toushiro’s reaction when he learned my name.

 

            “Why are you being mean with Toushiro?” Misaki asked breaking my train of thought.

            “I’m not mean.” I said defensively.

            “Yes you are freak.” she countered. “You don’t want him as our classmate.”

            “Of course not, I just find it weird to have a new classmate who came from a different course.” I lied.

            “Duh, it’s normal in college.” Misaki rolled her eyes.

            “Duh, I didn’t know.” I said and she giggled.

 

 

            What’s the mystery behind you Toushiro?, I thought.

           

 

Author's Note:

 

      COMMENT and SUBSCRIBE. Arigato!! ♥

 

LOVE RIOT:

 

I SLEPT WITH HIM: