Reverse

♥PURPLE MALLOWS♥

 

 

            Three years.

 

 

            It’s been three years since Toushiro left and I never knew I could last this long without him. There were times that I was tempted to board a plane and fly to America.  It was lonely without him in those special occasions that we should have shared. He never came home during those times. The only thing that made me see him is when he appears on a magazine that publishes about latest architectural news. He’s living his dream; he was now a famous architect. I wonder if he has forgotten about me whenever we talked I never get the courage to ask him when he is going home. I’m afraid he will think that I am being a little assuming.

 

            He’s been busy these past few months too. The last time we talked he said that they were working on a big project that will surely occupy most of his time. We never talked much since that. I tried to be patient and understanding but sometimes I wanted to just tell him to come home and ask him if we’re still together.

 

            I thought that would be just plain rude.

 

            So I waited.

 

            Our lives were like on reverse and I am the one waiting for him this time.

 

            And I am still continuing to wait. How much longer?

 

            Misaki and I were on our fourth year now in our pre-med course and we were busy with seminars and our on the job trainings that we hardly ever had time to have fun. This is the time where we decide if we were going to continue to take the course for us to be a fully fledge doctors. I was thinking I would but Misaki wants to work already. Despite the fact that we were busy with school I still find the time to work on the diner and go to the shelter. With the three years that Toushiro has been gone I am the one keeping tabs on Angelo, the St. Bernard he rescued once.

 

            Misaki is a little puzzled why I am doing all these things. I told her I just want to do this, period. The truth is I am doing everything I can to occupy myself that way I wouldn’t have to think about much about him.

 

            I wanted to lose hope. I kept thinking that I am waiting for nothing.

 

            I was standing in my front yard, picking up the newspaper left in my mailbox. I checked the front page on my way inside and my father’s face was plastered in front of it. The article about him is about his sealed deal with his new company and I didn’t bother reading it. For the last two months my father has been trying to make amends on our even more strained relationship. I tried to be casual and fair at the same time but I kept distancing myself altogether. I don’t want him to think that I already forgave him for what he’s done. I accept his lunch offer once in a while and agreed to think about his offer for me to start learning how to run our business. He said he wouldn’t dare give it to anyone else when he dies.

 

            I was about to throw the paper aside when a little article caught my attention. It was the picture of Toushiro in a tuxedo and he looks like he also sealed another deal. I read the article with utmost concentration.

 

            Toushiro Sawada from Osaka, Japan has been known to be a successful architect despite his very young age. He was praised by many because of his optimistic and creative ideas for the new generation. He started to work on an American building company but for the last two years he was busy building his own architectural firm and he has been successful. He was interviewed by a famous magazine a month ago that he will be finally coming home to Japan to move his main office there and start helping his own country. He also informed everyone that he sealed a huge deal that will make a great change. There are also curious humors why this alleged bachelor has no one to share these triumphs although many said that Akira Miyumi is a close friend and they might have a secret relationship. The people can only say that she is a worthy candidate.

 

            I scowled and looked at an enclosed picture. There she is Akira Miyumi, the caption said that she’s also an architect and Toushiro hired her when Toushiro built his own company.

 

            “Worthy candidate?” I asked dumbfounded.

 

            I felt insecure as I look at her picture. She’s beautiful and y for an architect. The kind of girl I cannot confidently compete with. I also felt a lingering jealousy. Toushiro never mentioned her and the worst part is he never mentioned that he’s going back home.

 

            What does this mean? He doesn’t want me to know? I thought painfully.

 

            The door bell rang and I opened it. Misaki came bustling inside and flopped on the sofa while I still clutched the newspaper absentmindedly.

            “Oh m gosh, did you see it?” Misaki asked as she makes herself comfortable. “Did you—?”

 

            She must’ve seen the look on my face because she said after a pause. “Oh yeah. You did.”

            “He never said he’s coming home.” I mumbled.

            She cleared . “He must’ve forgotten, you said he was busy.”

            I scowled and threw the newspaper angrily. “What kind of boyfriend forgets to tell his girlfriend that he’s coming home?”

            Misaki looks alarmed in my anger. “Hey take it easy. Maybe he just wants to surprise you believe me he’ll call and tell you later.”

            “I doubt that.” I replied still fuming.

            “Tehru stop thinking negative.” Misaki sighed.

            “I know that he’s forgotten about me.” I continued like I didn’t hear her.

            “That’s ridiculous. Why and how could he?” Misaki glared. “You’re overreacting.”

            “I am not.” I answered defiantly.

           

            Misaki comforted me the whole day but everything she said wouldn’t keep those negative thoughts to stop swirling in my head. I bade her goodbye and retired in my room to sulk. I was about to sleep when my phone suddenly rang. I looked at the caller ID. It was Toushiro. I stared at it for a long moment considering not answering it but my heart gets the better of me.

 

            “Moshi, moshi.” Toushiro’s soft voice said.

            “Hello.” I asked without much enthusiasm.

            “Are you okay, Tehru? You sound sick.” he said worriedly and I bit my lip from trying not to shout at him.

            “I’m fine.” I replied trying to sound cheerful. “Just a little tired.”

            “Should I hang up now so that you can rest?” he asked tentatively. I can still here a lot of noise so he must still be in his office.

            “No I…I am okay.” I replied.

            “How’s school?” he asked.

            We just talked and you want to talk about school? I thought miserably. “Fine. How’s life there?”

            “It’s great but a little tiring with all the projects you know.” he answered.

            “Cool.” I said trying to hide the sarcasm.

            “Are you sure you’re okay?” he said and I can hear doubt in his voice.

            “Hai. So do you have anything to tell me?” I asked. “You know news about you.”

            He paused for a moment. “Not really, why?”

            My heart sank disappointed. Like the fact that you’re going home and you didn’t tell me. “Nothing. I uh…I want to rest now.”

            “Oh.” he said surprised by my tone. “Okay then, sleep well.”

            “Bye.” I said.

            “Bye.” he answered reluctantly.

 

            I cut off the call and buried my head in my pillow. I was angry and frustrated and before I knew it I was crying. Deep, heaving sobs that shook me. I felt like crap and I was so disappointed in him. I tried to sleep it off but I can’t so I to get off my bed. I took out the large bowl of ice-cream in the fridge and ate it without a second thought.

 

            Even the ice-cream won’t take my sad feelings away.

 

A/N:

 

    Yay! Another chapter for you guys.. we are down to the last five chapters.. *sigh* Hold on till the end, eh??

 

Love you guys.. ♥

 

Comments and Subscribe~~!!