This Time It's Real

♥PURPLE MALLOWS♥

             As promised Toushiro prepared another dinner date and he invited Miyumi. It’s funny how you make a bad impression of someone when you don’t even know the person and then suddenly when you were able to know the person you hit off right away. That’s what happened between me and Miyumi. We just clicked like we were meant to be friends all along.

 

            She’s so ecstatic to meet me and she has so many stories of her upcoming wedding. She reminds me of Misaki, lively and spirited. I mentioned this to her and she’s wanted to meet.

 

            “You should’ve brought her along!” Miyumi exclaimed.

            “I must admit I didn’t thought about it.” I laughed. “She’s busy sometimes.”

            Miyumi whipped her hair behind her shoulders. “Can I meet her?”

            “Yes of course.” I laughed. “You’ll get along.”

            “What is she like?” Miyumi asked. “Have you met her Toushiro-kun?”

 

            Toushiro was silently sipping his wine as he looked at the two of us. He smirked playfully at us.

 

            “Oh remember that I am here, have you?” he said.

            Miyumi throw him a tissue. “Don’t be a baby. I’m not stealing your girlfriend.”

            “Oh yes you are.” Toushiro replied. “I shouldn’t have invited you.”

            “Blah blah blah.” Miyumi said rolling her eyes.

            I laughed at both of them and I gave Toushiro a kiss. “Stop being a spoiled brat.”

            “Oh now I am a spoiled brat?” Toushiro said grabbing me by the waist.

            “Cheesy!” Miyumi shouted and she snapped a picture of us.

            “Hey I wasn’t looking.” Toushiro complained.

            “You have cameras.” I pointed out.

            “Not when I am with you.” he contradicted.

            “Okay I’m going to go now.” Miyumi announced.

            I looked at her. “Naze?”

            “I have another date honey.” she winked and went for the door.

            “Have fun.” I called after her.

            “You too.” she said before closing the door behind her.

 

             I looked at Toushiro. “So, what are we going to do?”

             “How about you sleep here tonight?” Toushiro asked.

             “I don’t think so.” I replied.

             “Why?” he asked confused.

              I pinched his cheeks. “We’re not on that part yet.”

             “What part?” Toushiro asked as I get my things. “We’re not going to do anything.”

               I blushed. “That’s not what I am talking about.”

               “Then what is it?” he asked helping me with my coat.

               “The only time I will sleep in your house is when you have given me the chance to carry your last name.” I explained going for the door. “And I have work tomorrow.”

                He laughed. “Okay then. It’s a deal.”

 

               Toushiro took his car keys and he drives me home. It felt good because we were back to normal now as normal as if he didn’t left for a long time.

 

                Tomorrow morning Toushiro didn’t call. I went to work; I am now working on day time during weekends. It was a busy day and I guess Toushiro is busy too because he never called or texted me.

 

                I was busy fixing my uniform when I saw that our manager was already closing. I looked at the wall clock it was only one in the afternoon.

 

                 “What’s wrong Hana-san?” I asked. “Why are we closing?”

                 “Oh someone booked the diner for today.” she replied.

                 “Really, who is it?” I asked.

                 “Secret.” she winked.

 

                 The lights suddenly snapped off and I made a little squeal. I couldn’t see anything so I stayed where I am.

 

                  “What’s happening, guys?” I called out. “Are you there?”

 

                  No one answered and I am starting to panic. “It’s not funny guys.”

 

                  Something touched me by the shoulder, a hand. I jerked and backed off but I just bump into someone. I grabbed the shirt of whoever I bump into and try to feel who it is.

 

                  “Hana-san?” I asked tentatively.

                  “Hey watch where your hands are going.” a voice laughed.

                  The lights snapped open again and Toushiro is right in front of me. I slapped him on the chest. “You scared me.”

                  “Surprise.” he laughed.

                  “What are you doing here?” I asked clutching my heart.

                  “He’s here to come and get you.” Hana said.

                   “You could’ve called me.” I said. “What’s with the snapping off the lights?”

                   “Look around you.” he said.

 

                  I looked around and I saw what he meant. There were purple flowers everywhere and they smelled good. There’s a big heart shaped cake and a heart shaped bouquet of flowers on the nearby table.

 

                  I looked at Toushiro and he was beaming at me. “Happy anniversary.”

                  “I thought you’ve forgotten.” I gasped.

                  “I will never.” he said.

                  “Thank you.” I said giving him a big hug.

Toushiro looked at my co-workers. “I am going to borrow her for a while, okay? And remember you’re all invited.”

            “Invited to what?” I asked as he let me inside his car.

            “You’ll know soon enough.” Toushiro winked.

 

            First he drives towards downtown Osaka and I am familiar with the road because I recognize the places.

 

            “Are we going to the shelter?” I asked unsure.

            “Nice guess.” he smiled.

            “Why?” I asked. “Oh right you haven’t seen Angelo yet.”

            “Uh-huh.” he answered evasively.

 

            We got off the car and it was silent outside. “Let’s go inside.”

 

            He led me inside and when I entered I stopped. Everything is new, from the front desk to the house of the dogs.

 

            “What happened here?” I asked.

            “Your boyfriend did this.” Shino said. “And the dogs were happy.”

           

            Angelo and Mimi greeted us and they were barking madly. I turned to Toushiro. “You did all this?”

            “Yes.” he said with humble. “I know you love this place. The animals will live better now.”

            “They all have individual beds.” Shino said happily. “This will spoil them.”

            I laughed. “Thank you, Toushiro.”

            “Let’s go.” he said taking my hand again.

            “Where are we going?” I asked.

            “Miyumi wants to see us.” he replied and drives again.

 

            We arrived in a classy part of Osaka where houses were beautiful and big. Everywhere a house is unique and my eyes were ogling at it.

 

            “Is this where Miyumi lives?” I asked amazed.

            “Not really.” he said evasively as he parked in front of a really big and beautiful house.

 

            I stared at it. It was simple but elegant with a little touch of light purple colors on the side. I saw Miyumi walked out of the front door and she greeted me with a hug.

 

            “You have a beautiful house.” I said.

            Miyumi looked at Toushiro pointedly. “I didn’t know I own this house.”

            I looked at Toushiro. “Whose house is this?”

            Toushiro smiled sheepishly. “It’s for you.”

            “Me?” I asked my mind going blank. “This is for me?”

            “Hai.” he nodded.

            I looked at Miyumi for confirmation. “This is what your boyfriend is making this past few days and the project that made him go home? He was working on the orphanage you once visit. He’s going to rebuild it so that many kids will benefit.”

            “You really did that?” I asked and I call feel  tears spilling from my eyes.

            “Anything for you.” he smiled.

            “Arigato.” I smiled giving him a kiss. I turned to Miyumi and hugged her fiercely. “Arigato.”

 

            “Why don’t we go inside?” Miyumi said and we followed her.

           

            The inside was amazing and it all has the details I want in a house. It’s not imposing but humble even though it’s big.

 

            I stopped in the living room remembering something. Toushiro noticed my silence and stand beside me.

 

            “What’s wrong?” Toushiro asked worriedly. “Something you didn’t like?”

            “No.” I said.

            “What is it?” he asked.

            “I don’t have a gift for you.” I said slapping my forehead and Miyumi laughed.

            Toushiro laughed too. “You actually have. Well that is if you’re going to give to me.”

            “What do you mean?” I asked frowning.

 

            The next thing I know is that Toushiro was kneeling in front of me and something shiny is gleaming on his hands. He too my left hand and put something on my finger. I gasped.

 

            “Will you, Tehru Fujii, marry me?” he asked full of emotions.

            My eyes brimmed with tears. Happy tears. “Yes!”

 

            Toushiro gave me a deep kiss and he wouldn’t stop. My heart felt like as if it’s going to burst with happiness. All is well now and nothing is going to stop us. I heard something pop and we saw Miyumi holing champagne.

 

            “Party!” she screamed.

            I laughed and gave her a hug. “You’re our witness.”

            “I wanted a double wedding but Toushiro refused.” she pouted.

            “She needs to graduate first.” Toushiro said.

            I laughed. “Don’t worry you and Saki will be bride’s maid.”

            “Oh she’s here actually.” Miyumi announced.

            “Nani?” I asked surprised.

 

            Just like what Miyumi said Misaki is here. She appeared in the living room holding hands with someone.

 

            “Congratulations freak.” she laughed and gave me a hug.

            I looked at the boy he was with. “So, you’re together now?”

            Haku laughed. “Hai.”

            “He’s on probation.” Misaki said and everyone laughed.

            “Be a good boy then Haku.” I winked.

            “I will.” he replied.

            “So you know each other now?” I asked because Miyumi and Misaki were beaming together.

            “They clicked in an instant.” Toushiro said shaking his head.

            “We’re best friends.” Misaki said putting her arms over Miyumi and I.

 

            I sighed. It was a happy ending afterall.

 

 

 

A/N:

 

            Waaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh! and so that was how Tehru’s love story ends. JIt was sad in the beginning and happy at the end. Hahaha what am I saying? I am a little sad that it now ends. But the happy part is that I still have other stories to look forward too.

 

            So thank you to all of you who subscribed and stick with Tehru till the end. >:)) all my love goes to you.

 

Check this out: