Zoo & Confessions

True Feelings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

At the Zoo ✿ 

 

The weather was absolutely stunning around the time we got to the zoo. There were a lot of families, couples and even some tourists walking by with cameras hung around their necks. The sound of the monkeys in front of us brought up the child inside of me, I ran to the monkeys' area and contemplated the animals ahead of me. As fascinating as animals are, they never ceased to bring me joy.

"I see someone that's very excited to be here." Jimin chuckled as he approached me.

"Yeah, I'm really happy to be here." I smiled at him. "It's been a while."

"Just don't get lost in here." He said, grabbing my hand. "Come on Miss Zoo, there's plenty of animals to see."

My first thought was to scream until someone called the police or I got expelled from the zoo - I couldn't be called exactly sane at that moment - perhaps an isolated white room would be pleasant.  A violent - and invisible - hand smacked the insanity of me, making me focus on the area of my body that was connected with Jimin - in other words, my hand. He was just holding my hand, I didn't need to get too excited about it and yet... I longed for his touch since the first time that I've realised of my thoughts for him. It wasn't dirty thoughts - like Dahee used to say, I was too pure for those. Thoughts about holding his hand, touching his hair just to confirm if it was soft just like I'd imagined. Breaking from my dream shell, I've focused on the sounds of the animals, the roars of the lions, the chirp of the birds and the splashing water sound made by the dolphins.

"Hey, the dolphins' show is about to start," I said while trying to ignore of warmth Jimin's hand. "We should check it out!"

"Sure, let's go." Jimin smiled as we made our way through the crowd in direction of the aquarium arena, which was a huge circular building, where people could see the dolphins and another sea creatures from every angle. As we sat near the aquarium, the crowd filled up the remaining empty seats. 

The show started with a pirates role play starring seals and sea lions - when I was younger I didn't know how to tell apart those mammals, but my father taught me that I just needed to look at their flippers, seals have small flippers while sea lions have large ones. The sea lions played as sharks, but they were just too cute to be afraid of - even small children laughed at the splendid act. When the play was near the end, the seals came towards the crowd, as they usually do, in order to give kisses to children or someone the trainer told them. I got kissed by one, the smell of fish remained in my face for as long as we watched the play. 

"Are you enjoying the show?" Jimin asked me.

"Honestly, I feel like I've turned into a child again." I giggled. "I'm enjoying this very much, and you?"

"I feel the same way, except the fact that I'm a little bit jealous." He chuckled.

I arched my eyebrows in confusion. "Why is that?" 

"I wish I was kissed by a seal too." He rubbed the back of his head. That confession made me burst out laughing, I'd never for a second thought that Jimin would say something like that - it was pure joy. 

"Next time you come to the zoo, you can ask to let the seal kiss you." I giggled.

"Or I can make my way through the audience towards the seals and demand a kiss." He laughed. "That would be too childish of me."

"Not childish, it would be very funny to watch that," I said. "I bet you receive kisses from your parents, a kiss from a seal might be no different, despite the fishy smell."

"What a comparison Eunsoo!" He laughed out loud. " A human's kiss feels way better than a seal kiss."

"I think it's the same." I smiled. 

"Yeah?" He smirked. "Let me show you then."

As he got closer, time seemed to stop - or I wished it did. It was so fast that I didn't react right away, I just felt something warm and soft touching my cheek for a second before the tingle feeling start. I felt my face getting hotter by the time I came to my senses. The dolphins' voices seemed so distant and the crowd was muted, what was happening, I didn't know but I liked it. 

"You're blushing," Jimin said with surprise. "Haven't you received a kiss before?"

"W-Well, I did but it was just from my parents." I lowered my head in embarrassment. 

I heard Jimin clear his throat. "Don't you get kissed on the cheek by Dahee or the others?"

"Well, Dahee does it sometimes, but the boys haven't kissed me."

"So that means I'm the first boy to kiss you on the cheek?" He raised an eyebrow.

I didn't say anything, it was amazing, but my mind fully focused on the tingly feeling on my cheek and chest. That sensation of his lips on my skin didn't leave me for the whole show. And deep in my heart, I wanted more. One more kiss, one more soft gaze. 

"Where should we go next?" He asked when the show ended.

"L-Let's see t-the tigers." I replied.

He held my hand again and we walked through the crowd. I took a lot of pictures of the animals, especially Siberian tigers - I loved those animals. I also took some pictures of Jimin with the elephants and giraffes. We laughed as we talked about the animals, including some curious things about each of them. He didn't speak about the kiss, gladly.

 

웃❤유

 

It was around five p.m when we got out of the zoo since the latter was going to close at that time. After the elephants, we went to the reptiles'  building and watch the snakes and lizards. It always amazed me these type of animals, how colourful they are and almost unique the pattern was. Jimin seemed okay with the reptiles as well, even though he flinched a little when a baby alligator jumped out of the water - I didn't laugh because it might be too rude

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter