Jealousy & Confessions

True Feelings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 ▲

 

"What?!" Yoona screamed.

"Shh!" The librarian hissed her. "Be quiet!"

"We're sorry." I whispered.

We were currently at the library attending to our Korean teacher's demands which were studying and research for the test as long as we could. Personally, I thought that he just wanted to dismiss class, since he was too obsessed with a mobile game. Yoona and I went to the library while our classmates went to the study hall, after all, the library was always empty because of a certain librarian, which Yoona told me that she was scary - and at that moment I could tell why. We were in the most isolated area of the library and she could hear us.

"Eunsoo," Yoona whispered with a shocked voice. "Jimin was in your room?!"

"Yes."

"And he undressed his uniform?" 

"B-Because his uniform was soaked." I could feel my cheeks getting hotter as I remembered how Jimin has his uniform attached to his body.

"And he said that your room was cute?!" She continued.

"Y-Yes." I tried to focus on the text I had in hands, but unsuccessfully.

"Ah, he's totally a ." She mumbled.

"He came to my house to see Zelo, so don't think that kind of stuff." I explained.

"Don't worry, I'm going to help you." She said while grabbing both of my hands. "I want you to be his girlfriend, after all."

"Y-Yoona!" I shouted. "D-Don't say those things!"

At that moment, we heard those familiar voices through the library - followed by a 'shhh' of the librarian. I leaned my head a bit and I spotted Taehyung and the rest of the boys silently laughing, probably from being scolded. As Hoseok spotted us a few bookshelves from them, they made their way toward us, Jimin as always brought that snapback of his - which was forbidden inside the library. Yoona looked quite excited to see them as well, I wondered if her 'love at first sight' was one of the boys.

I looked to my book, pretending that I was focused on the exercises that I already have made. 

"Hey guys." Yoona greeted. "What are you doing here?"

"You four, go to the library and don't come back unless you've made those exercises correctly." Kookie said. "That's what our teacher said."

I couldn't stop thinking about Yoona's crush. If he were one of the guys, it couldn't possibly be that hard to find out.

Taehyung definitely wasn't, they are friends but they argue too much. Hoseok and Yoona had that brother-sister-like relationship. Jimin... I sighed.

Let's not think about that again.

The only one remaining was Kookie, who was constantly trying to get attention from what I observed in the past last weeks. Perhaps he liked her and that was the way to show her? 

I was so in depth of my thoughts that I didn't notice Jimin sitting next to me at first. His cologne was the thing that brought me back to reality, that scent emanating from him made my pulse quicken every time I smelled it.

"Can I help you?" He asked me.

"T-There's no need." I was flustered for sure. "I've already finished."

"For real?" Yoona asked. "I didn't write a thing yet."

"Eunsoo is smarter than you." Hoseok mocked her, Kookie chuckled at his statement.

"Yah!" She lightly punched both of them.

"Guys, stop that kids fight!" Taehyung hissed.  "We need to finish this."

"Yes, sir." Both of them said, turning their attention to the books.

"This is just too difficult to understand." Yoona gave up after a moment of silence.

"No, it isn't," I explained. "You just have to divide this sonnet into two parts and parse each of them."

"Hey Eunsoo, teach me too!" Hoseok smiled.

"I don't think that I can be much of help, but let me the exercise." I chuckled.

"Which part you don't understand?" I said with both eyebrows raised. That subject was simple, it shouldn't be that difficult to do it.

"This part here, when it says that thing." He has shown me the question. 

"Well, it must be this." I wrote in his book. "And this right here."

After I shown him how to do it, I glanced over Jimin, who was quietly looking at his book. His face didn't show any expressions but his eyes were slightly closed as if he was feeling unwell.

"Jimin, are you okay?" I asked him a little bit worried,

"Hmm?" He raised his head. "Yes, I'm fine."

"Jimin!" Taehyung looked over Jimin's book. "You didn't write a thing!"

"I'm just sleepy." He shrugged his shoulders. 

"Eunsoo, come with me to the WC please." Yoona grabbed my arm and led me outside the library.

"Why girls need to go to the bathroom together?" Kookie sighed after we got out. "I still don't get it."

"Girls' stuff." Hoseok chuckled. "Don't try to understand."

Are you blind?" Yoona asked when she locked us in a private cab.

"Why?" I tilted my head in confusion.

"Jimin is jealous!" She whispered.

"J-Jealous?!" I opened my eyes wide.

"Without a doubt. First reason, when they joined us at the table, he sat next to you."

"And?"

"And??" She sighed. "He wanted your attention, silly!"

- Second reason: When Hoseok told you 'Teach me!' " She tried to imitate Hoseok's voice. "Jimin looked at him like he was playing with one of his toys without permission. Don't look at me like that, it was just an example." She apologetically smiled. "Anyways, that was the reason why Jimin was so quiet all the time."

"I... don't know what to say..." I looked at the tiny gap of the cabinet's door. All that story seemed too good to be true, Jimin couldn't be acting like that because of jealousy, there was no way. However, my heart squeezed a little just for thinking that it could be true, somehow I was relieved, at least I wasn't indifferent to him. I washed my face with cold water when we got out of the cabinet, trying to calm down.

Yoona and I were walking back to the library when we passed by a snack machine and Yoona stopped. Curious, I approached her.

"Why did you stop?" I chuckled. "Don't tell me you're hungry again."

"Nah, I just remembered something about this machine." She sighed. "We're really cowards, aren't we?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter