Zelo & Scary Stories

True Feelings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     

"What?!" Dahee screamed.

"Shh." I covered to keep her quiet, we were inside the classroom waiting for the teacher so some classmates turned around in our direction. I finished telling Dahee what happened the previous day - I didn't mention the dream I had because it was kinda embarrassing, to be honest.

"You and Jimin went to the secret room??" She whispered.

"Yes." I confirmed.

"And he gave his coat to you?" She asked, surprised.

"Because you had mine and the time we got out from school was freezing."  

"Seems legal." I noticed a hint of boredom in her voice.

"And it's legal." I chuckled. 

"So nothing more, not even a hug?" She raised one of her eyebrows as if searching for something in my eyes or face.

I felt my cheeks getting hotter as I remembered that hug - if I could call that a hug - that he gave to me when he was helping me to climb the tree. It was such a simple movement yet so powerful within my heart.

"N-No."

Dahee stayed there with a serious expression on her face, it was obvious that she didn't believe in me, but I knew the reason if I could look at myself, I would see my flushed cheeks and my lips forming a thin line due to nervousness. It was very uncomfortable for me to talk about that subject, but Dahee was only trying to understand what happened - for an unknown reason that I kept thinking of.

"And he helped you?" She asked.

"No," I shook my head slowly. "He had slept at the time we were there."

"Really?!" She jumped out of her seat in frustration. "That boy is such a ! He really doesn't take the chances that I.." She opened her eyes wide as if she just spat out something she didn't want to say. As I looked suspiciously at her, she looked to the board while sitting again.

Weird.

"Miss Lee, can you read the sentence on the board, please?" Mr.Chang, our English teacher, asked me.

"Certainly." I replied with the book in my hands. 

I didn't want to read, I was feeling tired all of a sudden, seriously I just wanted to finish reading that last paragraph about globalisation and return to my dreamland - before the bell started ringing of course. However, my dreamland had to wait, since Dahee had started poking my arm continuedly, I wasn't annoyed by that, but I turned my face to her while pouting.

"Tell him your feelings!" She whispered.

"I can't." I said. " I really don't know him well, besides I.."

"I know, I know." Dahee stopped me from finishing my sentence. "You don't know your feelings either because you haven't felt like this before and blah blah blah..."

"Is it often?" I asked her. "That I tell that?"

"Yeah, you have no idea." She laughed. "I got lost for counting the millions of times you've said that speech."

"Oh, shut up." I chuckled.

"Miss Jang, Miss Lee, pay attention!" Mr.Chang scolded us, it seemed that we were louder than we thought.

We laughed silently.

 

               Lunch time                          

 

The boys were playing basketball when we arrived there, the weather itself wasn't the best because it was a bit windy and some grey clouds were here and there, but that didn't stop the boys from playing. They were as energic as ever, running around all the field, laughing and scolding each other for cheating - apparently, the one who was cheating was Taehyung, but Dahee and I knew that Kookie was the real cheater. 

"Why is he cheating?" Dahee mumbled. "He's good at sports..."

"I have no idea." I chuckled. "Maybe because Jimin is on the opposite team."

Jimin was paired with Taehyung, I heard he was good at sports and those times when they played at lunch made me confirm that. He looked so happy while playing basketball with the boys, they had indeed a strong bond, it was a wonderful sight. I wished from the bottom of my heart that their friendship never ended.

After a few minutes of playing, the boys made their way in our direction. They were all sweaty and with that weather, they could get sick so I grabbed a few tissues of my bag and gave to them, they accepted the tissues with a big grin. Once they wiped up their faces and necks - Hoseok almost begged me for more tissues to clean his armpits - they sat down on the wooden table full of words written in it, some of them were dedications of lovers or friends and some others were just having fun with games.

"So, where's my snack?" Kookie asked.

"Your snack?" I tilted my head in confusion.

"Yeah, Dahee told me that she had a snack for me." He explained.

"Oh!" Dahee opened her eyes wide. "I totally forgot!" 

"You really..." He pouted.

"You can eat my snack if you want." I chuckled.

"Really??" He smiled. "You're my saviour!"

Lunch time was fun, Dahee and I shared our food with the boys - they brought their own food, but Kookie said they had eaten it all before they started playing basketball. I shared some of my tuna sandwiches, I made a lot of them that morning because I thought I was going to be hungry after P.E, but it turned out that the teacher was absent.

"Anyway, thanks for the sandwich Eunsoo." Jimin said. "It was delicious, did you make it?"

"Y-Yes." I nodded. That small compliment made my day - and night.

"We should go to the secret to the secret room after classes." Dahee announced with a mysterious smile on her face.

"Yeah!" Hoseok shouted. "It's been a while since the last time we went there!" 

"And we can tell some scary stories." Taehyung smirked.

"Why scary stories?" I asked. 

"Because we wanna make you girls scream!" Taehyung answered.

"That's not funny," Dahee stated. "And you know that you're going to get spooked before any of us."

"No, I'm not!" He shouted.

"Challenge accepted then!" Dahee looked confident with that deal, but I spotted a little lip tremble.

"You should bring your teddy bear 'cuz you'll be so scared that you'll run to your mommy." Taehyung smirked.

"We'll see the one who will scream like a girl!" Dahee also smirked.

"Guys stop!" Hoseok was holding his laugh. "Please injure yourselves at the arena."

I chuckled with Hoseok's words, that challenge was turning like a duel between gladiators, I couldn't wait to watch both of them struggling to keep calm and indifferent, also, I was excited to hear what kind of scary story the boys would tell.  Suddenly, I heard something moving on the bush. Curious, I got up from my seat and walked towards the bush.

"Eunsoo, where are you going?" Dahee asked me.

"I heard something," I answered. "I’ll see what is it."

I walked carefully towards the bush where the sound came from, it was a light rustle sound, I barely have heard it, but I was certain that it might be an animal inside a box, perhaps a kitten or a puppy. I smiled widely, an animal would be a wonderful company at home - especially because I was lonely the entire time while my parents were working - I wanted something to take care of, even if it was the smallest thing.

The sound came from a little card box next to the bush, it had some holes from the little animal could breathe, but it was so small that the creature inside was supposedly very uncomfortable, nor to mention that it was there without any water or food. As I opened the box, a fluffy furball jumped to my lap, getting me a little bit startled at the beginning. The animal remained still on my skirt, probably waiting for me to make a move, I gently rubbed its head and torso. The little white bunny had the cutest eyes I've ever seen - they were coloured in a pinkish red.

"Where’s your owner left you here?" I said. "Oh god, I’m talking to a bunny." The bunny curled up from the cold. "Don’t worry, I’ll protect you from this cold wind

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter