The Date

True Feelings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

That night, I couldn't bring myself to eat a single slice of my mother's famous homemade pizza, even though that it was one of my favourite foods. The silence between my parents and I was only filled by Zelo's crunching up a lettuce leave. The digital clock on the wall marked eight p.m. which was our dinner time, my parents tended to be very punctual when it comes to family time. I sat on the chair, looking at that slice of pizza getting colder by the minute. I was trying to find the courage to talk with my parents about my supposed date with Jimin, but I was just so nervous not only because it was my first time asking permission for a date but also because I didn't know what their reactions could be, especially from my father, who was a very protective parent. 

"Eunsoo," My mother looked at me with concerned eyes. "Is it something wrong?" 

"Well, I do have something to ask you." I dropped my gaze to my hands.

"What is it?" My father asked.

"Y-You see..." I gulped. "Someone asked me to go out tomorrow."

Silence filled the kitchen, not even Zelo was making a sound. Prepared for the worse - which included my parents scolding me - I looked up only to see both of my parents with eyes opened wide looking at each other. Moments that seemed like hours passed until my mother covered to hide her smile, however, a held giggle was heard in that silence - coming from my mother's covered mouth. Although my mother seemed quite entertained by my statement, I couldn't say the same about my father, who had narrowed his eyes and remained silent until my mother softly kicked him under the table, which made my father snap to reality.

"So, did you accept?" He cleared his throat. "To go on that date I mean." 

"I-I needed to consult you first." I looked at my father. "If I had your permission to go."

"Well, I--" My father started, but he was kicked again by my mother. "Of course you can go, you sure need to get out of this house more often sweetheart." My mother said.

"Thanks!" I smiled. "I really appreciate it!"

"Who's your date?" Father narrowed his eyes. "That Jimin kid?"

"Y-Yes." I nodded, my father could be intimidating when he wanted.

"Darling, stop being jealous!" My mother softly slapped my father's arm. "And where are you going with Jimin?"

"I don't know, he told me nothing." 

"Is he your boyfriend?" My father asked while looking at me deep in the eyes - sometimes I wondered if he could see through me.

"N-No!" I felt my cheeks get hotter as the word 'boyfriend' came out. "He's j-just a friend."

*

 I sat on my bed and held Zelo on my lap, I couldn't deny that I was getting nervous. I didn't have experience with boys, especially with boys that I had a crush on - not like I had too many situations like the one I was at the moment. I just wanted everything to be perfect, perhaps I could confess...

Get those thoughts out of your head this instant.

Shaking my head vigorously, I ended up with dizziness, which made me let go of Zelo and the poor thing fell on the ground. Thankfully, it didn't fall on its back, but it seemed mad with me because it ran under my desk.

"Sorry Zelo, I didn't let you fall on purpose." I grabbed the white-furred bunny and chuckled. "I'm talking to a bunny again... ah, whatever." I rubbed my face on its fluffy head. "You're my special bunny."

I kissed its head and gently dropped the bunny on my bed.

Time to investigate a little bit.

After a minute or two, I was already with my laptop on my bed, with the browser prepared for everything I needed. I typed 'Date ideas for beginners' and immediately felt embarrassed, it sounded like I was a total fool. However, I'd clicked the first link that popped out. The pink with white little bubbles layout attracted me almost instantly, the title appeared as I scrolled the page down:

 

NEED HELP ON YOUR FIRST DATE?

WE ARE HERE TO HELP YOU!

 

"Wonderful, perhaps they can be helpful." I smiled.

Morning  ☼

 

I woke up with my phone ringing, sleepy as I was - because I did spend almost the entire night researching - I didn't even bother to see the unknown number.

"Hello?" I asked with a sleepy voice, wondering what time could be at the moment, it shouldn't have passed ten of the morning.

"Eunsoo?" A familiar voice, which made my heart race, fully awaken me. I dropped my phone on the floor, feeling both surprised and lost.

"J-Jimin?" I asked when I grabbed my phone.

"Were you sleeping?" He chuckled. 

I swear that his chuckle is music.

"Y-Yes," I replied. "But don't worry, I was half sleeping!" I regretted saying those words, it sounded like I was too weird.

"Sorry, I forgot to ask your number yesterday so Dahee gave it to me a while ago."

"I only realised when I arrived home." I laughed.

"So.. see you at twelve?" He asked.

"Sure!" I tried to contain my excitement, but I completely failed. 

"Great, I'll pick you up." He said. 

I smiled. "I'll see you later."

"Yeah, bye bye." With that, I hung up the call. 

It wasn't a dream, after all, it was really going to happen. I wondered for a couple of times before drifting to dreamland, it could have been one of my dreams or my imagination going behind imaginable, but it wasn't the case. It was real. I got out of my bed feeling truly revived as if I had slept for days - truly energic and positive that that day was going to be a day to remember. After checking the time, I walked to the bathroom and did what I needed to do - including a very necessary foam bath with a vanilla bath bomb inside the bathtub.

Ah, I definitely needed this.

Precisely thirty minutes after, I contemplated my open wide closet with frustration because I just c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter