28 - Ashiya

My Twin Is A Gang Leader

 

            When I walked into the hospital, I gained a few strange looks from the other people sitting waiting to get called in.  Ignoring them I walked to the desk and was greeted by one of the regular nurses.

            “Afternoon Ashiya.  Here to see your mother?”  She asked me in her sing-song voice.

            “Yes, can I just go in and find her?”  I asked.  It’s not really allowed but almost everyone at the hospital has known me since I was a little kid, so they have gotten used to me just wandering the halls.

            “Sure thing.  Go through the door on the right, would you?”  She told me.

            “I will, thank you.”  I replied.

            When I went to the entrance I gained many angry looks.  I’m not cutting in line and getting in before them like they think.  But it’s not like I’m going to say anything.  Though, whoever’s gave I did happen to catch I would send them a strong glare that had them turning away instantly.

            After getting in, it wasn’t hard to find my mother.  She always was at the desk in the emergency ward on Thursdays.  Making my way there, I said ‘Hello’ to the nurses and staff that I knew.  I only stopped once to have a small chat with one of the nurses along the way.

            I saw my Mom’s head bobbing behind the desk talking to another man I didn’t know.  He must be a new doctor here from what I could tell.

            As I approached I caught her eye, “Hey Mom.  Dad told me you wanted to see me.”  I said when I was a few feet away.

            She gave me a bright smile back, “Did I forget to call you Ashiya?  Well at least your dad told you.  I want you to meet Dr. Evens, he’s the new surgeon that transferred here a month ago.”

            I smiled and shook the hand he out stretched to me, “Nice to meet you Dr. Evens.”

            We shook hands and he gave me a soft smile in greeting back.  “There’s someone Dr. Evens and I want you to meet Ashiya.”

            “Okay.  And this couldn’t have waited Mom?”  Why did I have to meet someone now?  I just wanted to get out to the warehouse and deal with the twin situation, not meet somebody.  “I have a project due on Monday and need to meet up with the guys so we can finish it up in time.”

            Mom shook her head, “Knowing you, we’ve already waited long enough.”

            Internally groaning at that statement, I let Mom and Dr. Evens lead the way through the hospital to the break room on the fifth floor. 

            I caught sight of a shadow moving in my peripheral vision and swung my gaze to see who it was, but no one was there.  Shaking off the strange feeling I just couldn’t pin point I walked into the room behind the two Adults and saw a girl standing on the other side of the room.

            The girl had long black wavy hair that hung around her face and down her back.  She was wearing a pleated pink shirt and a white polo t-shirt with a pale pink scarf tied around her neck.  She wore white sneakers to finish the outfit.

            But what made both of us freeze in our places what that it was like looking into a mirror.  We both had the same facial features and body type.  Both of us had the same hairstyle and the same color. 

            This was the girl I was having Jongup stay close with.  This was the girl I was curious about.  This had to be my twin.

            Mom was the first to break the silence, “Girl’s, I know that must be long overdue, but I would like you to meet your twin sister.  Ashiya, this is Mizuki Evens – Dr. Evens’ daughter.  Mizuki, this is my daughter Ashiya Park”

            Mom introduced us by we were both in shock at meeting the other.  Looking at her, we seemed like total opposites.  She looked refined and proper in that girly outfit I would never be caught wearing.  While I, on the other hand, was a teenage gang leader as my full time occupation – not that anyone knew – but still.

            She looked fragile, and being related to me just put a target on her back.  My worst fears were confirmed; she really was my twin sister and I was about to ruin her innocent life if anything happened.

            She spoke first, her voice an octave high than mine, but almost no difference, “It’s nice to meet you Ashiya.”

            I replied shortly after, my voice on the colder side, “Yeah, same.”

            Do I regret the way my voice sounded when she frowned?  Sure.  But that still doesn’t change that I did it and I’m in a situation I never thought I would be in.

            When I took the chance and became a gang leader, heck, when I joined a gang in the first place, I never thought that I would have a twin that would one day pop up and get mixed up in this.  I looked at every possibility before agreeing to anything, but I never factored this in.

            What’s next?  A brother as the leader of a rival gang?

 

A/N

Sorry for the late update today~

Thoughts on the last few chapters?

Wynter