12 - Ashiya

My Twin Is A Gang Leader

 

   The weekend was fantastic.  No gang issues, no late nights, and a hell of a lot of sleep!

   Yongguk called a few times to see how I was doing and if I needed anything while they were out, as well as clarifying a few of the missions they needed to finish.

   Getting up I dressed and went to school.  My iPod blasting in my ears as the bus traveled to school.  Yongguk, Himchan and Zelo where at the bus stop waiting for me with their heads together whispering to one another.

   The bus came to a jerking halt and I had to brace myself on the seat in front of me so I didn't fly forwards.  Rolling my eyes I got off the bus and walked over to me best friends who still seemed to be deep in conversation, making sure to keep their voices low.

   Clearing my throat, their heads shot up and they spun to look at me, eyes wide before they went back to their normal expressions.

   Arching my eyebrow I said nothing and we started walking to the school grounds.

   "How was your weekend guys?  Anything interesting happen?"  I asked while fixing my skirt while we walked.

   I still can't stand how short these damn things are!

   They glanced between each other before Zelo replied, "Do you have a brother Ashiya?"

   Stopping in my tracks I gave the three of them puzzled looks, why would they ask if I have a brother?  They know I'm adopted and don't know who my real family is.

   "I could.  But if I do I never met him since I'm adopted.  Why are you even asking?”

    "It's nothing." Himchan said, "We must be mistaken then." he continued under his breath low enough I had to strain myself to hear.

   Shrugging, the four of us continued on the way to school, but their question never left my thoughts.  I couldn't stop wondering why they had asked such a question.  Something felt off and I wanted to get to the bottom of it.

***

   I was writing an English test at the end of the day but those stupid boys' question was still circling though my mind, Do you have a brother?  Must be mistaken.  What did they mistake?  Did something happen that they aren't telling me about?

   Sighing I finished the test in record time and handed it in to Mr. Arron before asking him if I could be excused from school early since I was finished.

   Waving me away as a signal I could leave I shot a quick glance at Yongguk, Himchan and Zelo who were still writing.  Smirking at them when they looked up and gave them a small wave before leaving.

   There has to be something behind what they said.  There has to be something I don't know, something they don't even fully understand either.  There is something all of us are missing!  What don't we know?  I thought to myself as I walked out of the building.

   Turning on both of my phones - one my parents gave me and the other used for gang related business - I had a missed call from my mother who called during lunch reminding me I had an appointment at the hospital to have my blood work done.

   While I was listening to the voice message my other phone vibrated, alerting me I received a text message.  Typing my password in and unlocking it, I opened my messages and saw that Zoë had sent me a message.

            Black Widow, you may have a problem . . . You can't be in two places at once, remember that. - Zoë

   What does that even mean?  Of course no one can be in two places at once.

   Shaking my head and pushing Zoë’s text to the back of my mind I began to walk home to clear my head from todays work and get ready to go out tonight.

***

Saying goodnight to my parents I went to bed a got ready to leave.  As I was about to crawl out of my window my mother knocked on my door.

   "Ashiya?  Are you still awake?"  She called.

   . "Yeah mom, I was just changing into my sleep wear.  Do you need something?"  I asked half inside my room, half outside my window.

   "You need to get you blood work done tomorrow Ashiya.

You have to go the hospital during lunch tomorrow.  Please don't be late alright?"  Her voice was softer from the other side of the door.

   "I'll leave the school as soon as I can, don't worry mother.  I'll show up for my blood testing" I called back.

   "Thank you, ‘Night sweetie."

   Listening for her footsteps to finally recede before I began to climb out my window again.  I only hope she doesn't come back, and if she does she will think I'm asleep.

   Landing gracefully on the solid ground I left my backyard as fast as I could so I could meet up with the guys in the North District before we went to complete a mission around there.

   Walking through the Center I passed the mall.  It was still only nine at night, and I had a decent amount of cash on me, so a little shopping wouldn't do any harm.  I still had time before the guys would start looking for me.

   Smirking I walked though the main doors fixing the plain black mask I had on.  Looking around for a shop that would sell the style of clothing I would wear to show my tough side and authority around my gang.  Spotting the perfect store I walked into it and instantly found a pair of black skinny jeans that had rips running down the front with black lace behind the rips.

   They looked amazing.  Grabbing my size immediately, I went to try them on.  Pulling them up my legs, I moved the material so it sat properly before looking at myself in the mirror in front of me.

   They looked amazing on me.  I couldn't tell yet if they would be practical to fight in, but they did feel quite comfortable as I bent my knees back to check them out.

   Even if I wasn't able to fight in them I could still wear them out, I just hoped that I could.  Changing back into my clothes I took the jeans to the counter to buy them.

   The store wasn't very busy.  A few other customers were looking around unaware of what was going on with the other people around them.  Two boys had just entered the store and seemed to be looking for something specific.

   They came up to the counter just before I reached it.  Gaining the attention of the worker who was sitting behind the counter.

   "Are you Samantha?"  The tallest asked.  He had short brown hair with half his head shaved.  The piece of hair that went across his face was dyed a bright red.

   His friend was an inch shorter than him and had blond hair styled perfectly with a strip of light blue on the right side.  Both of them were built well and looked like they worked out regularly.

   The worker looked at them quizzically, "No, my name isn't Samantha.  I think you have the wrong person."  She shook her head, "Is there anything else you need?"

   The blond replied, "No, sorry to have bothered you."  And with that the two boys left the store and continued on their way.