31 -Mizuki

My Twin Is A Gang Leader

  I was currently lying on my bed staring up at the ceiling.  I couldn’t help but let the night run through my head on repeat.  Meeting Ashiya was a surprise and the way she acted was even more surprising.  The two of us were opposites, it didn’t take me long to figure that out.

  She was cold and confident.  She knew what she was doing, every movement was thought out but graceful nonetheless.  She was drawn back and reserved and didn’t open up easily.  She wasn’t mean to me, but it was clear she wasn’t all to thrilled about my presence around her.  I don’t think I did anything to upset her, but there was something off about her, but I wasn’t going to pry.

  I just met her, so how can I make such quick judgments.  She was probably have a rough day or she wasn’t feeling well, I most likely wasn’t my doing.  It wouldn’t do much to stress over this, it was out first meeting, and both of us were probably quite shocked so our reactions won’t reflect our true selves right away.

  We are only just getting to know each other, it’s a given that we won’t open up much to each other right away.  It will take time for us to build a bond where we will start to trust each other more.  It will take time for us to actually feel like real siblings, real twins.  As of now we just look alike but are nothing more than copies of each other.  Only time will tell if we will ever be like real siblings.

  For now the best I can hope for is that Ashiya will want me to be a part of her life, even if it only is just a small aspect of it.  I never really thought I would find anyone from my biological family, and if I did I wasn’t expecting it to be a twin.  But now that I have her in my life I don’t want to lose her so easily.

  So I will do my best to keep her as part of my life even if we only meet every once in a while it will be enough that I at least get to know her.  We are still young the two of us, we have our whole lives to live and hopefully we get to share parts of our lives with each other.

  I can’t help but let the way we parted tonight ring through my head.  After she made that phone call to her mother, she rushed off like someone was chasing after her.  Whatever she called about it seemed to have been rather important, but my observation skills are better than that.  She was obviously worried and annoyed about something, it was clearly written on her face.  Well it was clear for me because I know what those expressions looked like on me and they were the same for her, had we not been identical twins I probably wouldn’t have picked up on them but we were.

  I can’t even begin to guess what was wrong but neither was I going to question her.  We all have things that not everyone needs to know and I’m not really a real sister to her yet so it makes sense that I won’t be a large part of her life – at least not anytime soon.

  A knock sounded from my door.  “Yeah?”  I called out to whoever was on the other side of the closed door.

  Daehyun popped his head in and looked over at me, “You’re still awake?”  He asked as he stepped into my room and shut the door behind him.

  “Yeah.”  I answered him not looking away from my ceiling, “I got home not to long ago, you?”

  Daehyun sat at the end of my bed, “Just got home myself, wanted to make sure you were here.”

  “Are you worried about me being about Oppa?”  I asked as I finally looked over at him.

  Daehyun chuckled, “It isn’t all that safe on the streets in the city so you shouldn’t be out wandering by yourself.  You never know who is hiding in the dark corners.”

  “Well you’re in luck, I don’t plan to go out by myself so I’ll be safe.”  I said jokingly back.  And it was pretty true; I don’t really want to be wandering around alone at night.  It isn’t safe for anyone.  Makes me wonder if Ashiya is alright after she rushed off by herself.  I’m sure she is but I still worry.

  “Good to hear, ‘lil sis.”  Daehyun flopped down on my bed.  I kicked him with my foot, but he didn’t move.

  “Yah!”  I hissed as I tried to kick him off my bed.

  “Stop kicking me Mizuki, I’m trying to bond with you as your older brother.” 

  I scoffed, “yeah right, you’re just to lazy to move.”

  “Caught me, now tell me what you were thinking so hard about.”

  Of course he would know I had something plaguing my mind. Daehyun knew me almost as well as I knew myself, so it’s no wonder he picked up the fact I was thinking about Ashiya so quickly.

  “You missed a lot while you were out tonight.”  I sighed as I flipped around to look at him.

  “Well then, fill me in on what I missed then.”  He replied as he watched me.

  “I went by the hospital to visit Dad like always, but this time it didn’t end with him bring me home.”  I began to tell me.  Both of us are adopted and have lived most of our lives knowing this fact, we consider each other real siblings as much as possible so how am I supposed to break the news to him that I found someone from my biological family?

  “And?  What happened?”  He pressed.

  I sighed, there wasn’t really an easy way to tell him, so I might as well just spit it out, “I learned I have a twin sister.”

  There is said it.  It’s out and it seems all the more real.  Daehyun shot up so he was sitting and stared at me in shock, I don’t think he really believed what I was telling him.  “A twin?  Like someone you are actually blood related to?”

  “Yeah, I blood relative.”  I confirmed.

  “Are you sure?  Is Dad sure?”  He asked again.

  “We are very sure Daehyun.  I met her.  We stood face-to-face and I swear I could have been looking in a mirror is it wasn’t for the different cloths and facial expressions.  And it was confirmed by a blood test before we even met each other.”  I explained.

  “Wow.  Is she nice?”  He asked.  I really don’t think he was expecting that, I wouldn’t either if our positions were switched.

  “I don’t know her well enough to judge her character, but she seems nice enough.”

  “Sorry, this is just a lot to take in, I never thought either of us would ever meet anyone we were related to.”

  “Neither did I brother, neither did I.”

  He smiled and patted my head, “You’re lucky Mizuki.”

  I smiled, yeah I was.  It isn’t very often that anyone like us can say they found a sibling.  And I was going to take this as a sign that Ashiya and I were meant to know each other.  We were meant to have a life with each other in it, our lives were meant to have ties to each other.  We are supposed to know each other.

  The two of us are supposed to be together.

  Now I just have to find a way to get her to willingly stay in my life.

  I have to find a way for the two of us to be real sisters like we were supposed to be.

A/N

I am sorry I took so long to update, but I really haven't been focusing on wirting this as much. But I managed to put this chapter together for all of you lovely readers out there that have stuck with me through this long break.  I can't say when the next chapter will be ready but I hope you stay with me until I managed to write another chapter for this story.

I don't think this will go beyond 40 chapters, but at the end if you are willing to suffer through more of this story and are willing to let me take it on turns and twists as I see fit and maybe change a little up I might be willing to continue with a sequal to this story.  If you like how it ends and don't want tmore than I will leave it as it is and say "Done!" and then focus all my time on RSRC which is no where near complete - even at 81 chapters.

So at the end of this story I will put up a poll and let you readers choose if you want a sequel or not.

Anyway that's all for today~ Happy Reading and Happy Holidays.

Wynter