1 - Ashiya

My Twin Is A Gang Leader

 

   "Ashiya!  Hurry or you will be late for school!"  My mother yelled.

   Groaning I pushed my purple bed covers off of myself and got up, stumbling towards the bathroom attached to my bedroom.  After a quick shower I changed into my school uniform. 

   The uniform consisted of a short navy blue pleated skirt with two white stripes along the hem.  The white polo shirt had the school's logo on the left and I had to wear a navy blue tie.  I really hated the tie; it felt like I was being choked, so I wore it loosely.

   I don't like how the uniform matches so well.  Navy blue skirt, tie and even socks that went to just above my knee.  The white polo with the stripes on the skirt.

   Speaking of the skirt, oh, how much I hate it.  Can it get any shorter?  As it is right now it shows way too much of my legs.  Who designed this thing?  My guess it was a bunch of s or some old ert.  Not my style but I have to wear it to keep my parents happy.

   Brushing my hair and adding some product into it I looked myself over.

   I didn't look that bad.  My silky black hair was still slightly damp from the shower and hung perfectly around my face before flowing down to the middle of my back. Some day’s I curse my hair for being so long and others I love the length.

   I had small dark bags under my almond shaped eyes.  I hadn't gotten enough sleep lately and I was paying for it now.  Letting out a soft sigh I pulled out my cover up from the drawer and applied it to my face trying to make the bags as unnoticeable as I possible could.

   "Ashiya, if you don't come you will miss the bus!"  My mother shouted up to me again.

   "I'm coming!"  I called back as I left the bathroom.

   Grabbing my black MCM bag beside my desk I ran downstairs to find my mother in the kitchen cooking something on the stove.

   "Good morning Mother."  I greeted her as I made myself a bowl of cereal.

   "Good morning sweetie.  How was you sleep last night?  Did you sleep well?"  She questioned.

   "As well as always."  I finished up my cereal, "I should get going or I'm going to miss my bus.  See you when I get home!"        

   "Have fun at school.  Pay attention in class."  She called out as I put my shoes on and left the house.   Shaking my head at her last comment I ran to the bus stop down the street from our house and waited for the bus.

   We didn't live in the richest part of town, but we weren't lacking in money either.  My father is a successful businessman and runs a company that focuses in manufacturing stereo systems.

   My mother is a doctor who works at the hospital in the emergency ward.  Since my mother is a doctor she has taught me a thing or two about how to treat wounds, and to tell how serious they are.  It sure has come in handy from time to time.

   The bus came a few minutes after I got to the stop.  Letting an elderly couple off before I got on.  Showing the driver my bus pass I walked down the isle to pick a seat near the back of the bus.

   Slipping my iPod out of my bag I put my ear-buds in and listened to my music as loudly as I could stand it.  The bus rides in the morning were never very eventful and seemed to drag on.

   In what seemed like hours until finally got off the bus in front of my school.  'KS High School' read the sigh in front of the tall black gates that surrounded the school.

   One more year of this place.  I thought to myself as I passed through the gates and entered school property.  Hang in there Ashiya. You’re almost done!

   Putting my iPod back in my backpack, I quickly glanced at the time.  Class started in five minutes and I still had to go by my locker to get my stuff and change into my black flats I had to wear as part of the dress code.

   "Guess I'm going to be late today."  I sighed under my breath as I pushed past the other students to get to my locker.

   Just as I reached my locker the bell sounded through the halls; students who where still in the halls began running towards their homerooms.  Ignoring the rushing kids around me I opened my locker and began to exchange my books.

   Now this task is really simple all you have to do is remove your books from your bag and put them in your locker then put the books you need in your bag, close your locker and go.  Sounds easy right?  Well it is. 

   It's dead simple. 

   What makes it hard is when someone shoves your shoulder as they rush to class causing you to drop your books all over the hallway.

   Well that is exactly what just happened to me.  Biting back my curse I bent down and began to collect the books I dropped.  My day has now been ruined and it has barely even started yet.

   Once I had all my things gathered I rushed to my homeroom.  Pausing outside the door I got myself ready for Mr. Aaron – my homeroom teacher – who was going to react to me arriving late.

   Taking a deep breath I gently opened the door and walked into class.   "A Pleasure to see that you actually showed up for class Miss Park.  Would you like to explain to me why you are late for class today?  I'm sure the class would love to hear why you disturbed their lesson as well."  Mr. Aaron said from where he was sitting at his desk looking none to pleased that I am late - as I expected.

   "Sorry Mr. Aaron.  I dropped my books, so it took me longer to get here.  I'll try not to be late next time.  Sorry."  I said supper sweetly.

   He shock his head as some of the students giggled at my dramatic sweet tone, "Go sit down Miss Park so we can continue with the lesson."

   Nodding I went to my seat at the back of the classroom.  All my friends sat around me so it wasn't so bad.

O_o

   Finally the bell rung to signal that it's time for lunch.  My seat was at the end of the last row closest to the windows, so my three closest friends surrounded me.

   "Where are we going to eat lunch today?"  Zelo asked as he and the other two turned to face me.  Zelo is the youngest out of the four of us.  The three of us are seventeen, while Zelo is still sixteen.

   Himchan and Yongguk looked at me, their eyes asking for an answer.  "Let's just go eat on the roof where we always eat."  I answered as I packed my stuff up.

   "Sounds good."  They said in unison and stood up and followed me out of the classroom once everyone else was already heading towards the cafeteria.

   The hallways were almost deserted; only a few kids were lingering around their lockers as we made our way to the stairwell that led to the roof of the school.

            The school didn't really like that we ate on the roof but didn't bother us after we kept doing it after they kept telling us not to everyday through out first year here.  They finally gave up on stopping us.  And that was perfectly fine with us.

   We liked having our privacy to talk without being overheard by other students and teachers.

   Walking to the far end of the roof I sat down with my back against the brick siding and pulled out my lunch as the other three did the same.

   We ate in silence for a few minutes.  The four of us aren't really into small talk at all.  If we don't have anything to say we won’t say anything, so we don't ever really have awkward silences.  

   After I finished eating I rested my head on the siding and shut my eyes.  I haven't had much sleep in the past few days and if I can I am going to catch up on as much as I can, whenever possible, because getting a nice, long sleep at night is almost impossible for me.

   I heard the sound of feet shuffling beside me.  I opened one of my eyes to see what was going on.

   "Is it safe to talk?"  Himchan asked.

 

A/N

First Chapter up.  Like RSRC I will be updating this story everyday, at leaast I hope to.

Let me know what you think.

Wynter