25 - Mizuki

My Twin Is A Gang Leader

 

            Daehyun was home before dawn just like how I wanted him to.  He woke me up that morning to go to school telling me that Junsu would be giving me a ride, since he didn't want me walking to school and he needed to be at a lecture very soon.

            I didn't really mind that Junsu was giving me a ride; it was just that I barely knew him at all.  Last night was the first time I had ever met him and his friends.  And the night didn't end on the best foot.

            Getting up and showering I went downstairs to find my parents in the kitchen drinking their morning coffee and reading the newspaper.

            My dad looked up from the paper and took a sip from his mug, "Good morning Mizuki, how did you sleep?"

            Yawning I replied, "Alright.  And yours Dad?"

             "Fine thank you."  He answered before going back to reading the paper.

            "Are you going to go to that studio I told you about to practice after school today?"  My mother asked me, not looking up.

            "Can I?"  I asked.

            "As long as you come home with enough time to finish your school work."  She said smiling at me before going back to reading.

            "And don't work yourself to hard."  Dad said, knowing some days I worked myself to hard.  "And soon you won't need to go to the studio.  I'm going to have a studio built into the basement so you can practice at home."

            "Thank you Dad!  I love you!  You too Mom!"  I said the later part in a rush; she looked up at me smiling.  Letting out a laugh at the end.

            "We love you to baby doll, now get dressed and get going to school."  Mom said smiling and laughing as I rushed out of the room to get ready.

            I pulled on a pair of skinny jeans and a simple pink and black striped top and wore a pair of pink flats.  Grabbing a gym bag I had on my floor I packed it with a pair of black workout pants and a purple sports bra along with my Nike running shoes.

            Putting a ponytail holder around my wrist I brushed my hair and applied some cover up and left the house with my school bag and gym bag.

            Just like Daehyun had told me, Junsu was waiting to pick me up at the end of the driveway.  "You all ready?"  He asked me as I got into the car.

            The car wasn't one of the two convertibles that we used yesterday.  He drove a black Mazda Civic with a beige leather interior.  The car was comfortable and filled with a nice silence as he drove me to school.

            Neither of us spoke as we drove to my school.  It wasn't very awkward but it was weird that it was really silent. No talking, no music.  Just silence.

            It didn't take long to pull up in front of the school.  I could see Samantha and Jongup talking to each other at the gates.  Samantha looked over as we pulled up and waved to me.

            "Thanks for the ride Junsu."  I said awkwardly before opening the car door.

            "I'll pick you up after school and take you home, so wait for me okay?"  He said handing me my gym bag.

             "No, no, it's okay.  I don't need a ride home I have somewhere I want to go."    

            "Then I'll take you there." 

            He obviously wasn't going to give in.  So I finally agreed to let him drive me to the studio after classes.  Sending Junsu a final wave I walked over to Jongup and Samantha who were still talking.

            "Morning."  I said cheerily as I came up to them.

            "Oh, good morning Mizuki.  How was your night?"  Samantha asked me giving me a small hug in greeting.

            "It was good."  I replied.

            "Well what did you do?"  She pried.

            "Went to a club with my brother and his friends."  I simply said wanting to change the subject.  "What did you do last night Samantha?"

            "Went home and talked with a few friends before going to bed.  What did you do Jongup?"  She said giving him a look.

            "Nothing important."  He then glared at Samantha.

            "That reminds me, were you the person who called me at the club last night?"  I asked, remembering that I saw him there.

            "Um, yeah, I was in the area and thought we could hang out but you seemed to be in a rush."  Jongup answered hesitantly.

            "Sorry about that, I had to get home."  And with that said we walked into school grounds and split up to go to our classes.

***

            The day went by quickly.  I ate lunch with Samantha and Jongup; we split up for fifth period class before I met up with Samantha in History last period.

            The teacher gave us time to work so Samantha and I pulled our desks together and talked.

            "So who was that guy that drove you to school this morning?"  She asked me, leaning in so no one could over hear or conversation.

            I laughed softly, "My brother's friend.  He didn't want me to walk today and he couldn't give me a ride himself, so he asked his friend if he could drive me."  I replied.

            "Well it's nice of him to drive you.  What are you doing after school then?  Do you want to go to the mall?"  She asked me.

            Sure I wanted to do go to the mall, but I wanted to practice so much.  I hadn't had time to practice in a long time now and I finally had a place to practice at and time to get there.

            "Sorry I can't I have something planned already.  Another time though."  I answered.

            Samantha frowned slightly but them smiled again, "Alright, another time then.  Have fun with whatever it is you need to do!"  She said a little to cheerily.

            "Sorry again, I promise to make it up to you!"  I called to her as I saw Junsu pull up in front on the school.  "See you at school tomorrow!"

            With my final words to Samantha I hopped into the car and Junsu started driving down the street.

            "So where to?"  He asked giving me a sideways glance at a red light.

            "The corner of eighth and twenty-first please."  I replied excitedly.

            I would call Daehyun for a ride home after I was done at the gym, or if I was still in the mood I could walk a few blocks to the hospital and get a ride home with my dad when his shift ended.

            It only took us a few minutes to arrive at the studio that I was allowed to use until the studio was build in our basement.  In Almond River there was a studio I would practice at with a few other kids from the town, and we would give each other tips and show new moves and different techniques.

            I couldn't wait to practice.  Junsu stopped at the corner and let me out.  Waving as thanks I turned and entered the studio building.

            I walked up to the reception desk to find a pretty girl with short brown hair and large eyes sitting reading a book.  "Hello?"  I said to the girl hesitantly.

            She looked up at me smiling.  "Why, hey there."  She said in a high peppy voice, "You much be the girl that's here to use room A4.  Miss Evens?"

            "Yeah that's me.  Where is room A4?"  I asked her tilting my head in curiosity.

            "Silly me, I forgot it was your first time here.  A4 is down the second hallway on your right third door on the left."  She directed me before going back to her reading.

            She must not have much to do if she's just sitting around here reading all the time.  Shrugging it off I followed her directions to room A4.  Stopping in front of the door marked with gold letters 'A4' I pushed it open. 

            The room was large and spacious.  The walls lined with mirrors and a fancy sound system hooked up to the speaker system in the room.  Walking over to the stereo system I plugged my iPod in and let the room fill with the beats and vocals.