Chapter 16 : Stupid Cupids? But We Are The SMART Ones

Love School

 


PART 1

DING! DONG!

Seohyun runs toward the door and open it just to to Taeyeon in her slobby face.

“Oh, Seohyun-ah,” she greets her.

“Taeyeon unnie. Everyones are in the dining room, waiting for you.” As Taeyeon walk into the house, she closed the door.

“Am I that late?” she asked Seohyun but before Seohyun can open , Yuri comes to ‘greet’ her.

“Not really. We were just waiting for ONLY an hour,” Yuri said, sarcastically. Seohyun just smiles and go back to the kitchen just to continue preparing some orange juices to the guests.

Feeling guilty, Taeyeon pouts so that her friends will stop being mad at her while following Yuri to the dining room. “Sorry. I just couldn’t wake up from my very very cozy bed.”

One step into the dining room, she already saw mad Sunmi who is not walking toward her with her phone on her left hand. “YAHH KIM TAEYEON! Why didn’t you pink up your phone? I thought you already dead or  something.” Sunmi put her arm around Taeyeon’s neck and drag to the seat.

“Sorry guys. But whats up with the sudden meeting? It’s Saturday morning, for God sake. It is sooo normal to be sleeping at this hour.” Taeyeon then look around and smile brightly. “Ah, see?! The sleepyhead Jessica is not even here yet. So, I’m not the last one.”

“That’s because we didn’t invite her, dumbo!” smacking her head, GD smirks to her.

Seohyun comes with the juices make the atmosphere calmer and only God knows how thankful Taeyeon was.  “Sunye-ah, you have such a nice sister here.”

Proud of the compliment from Taeyeon, Sunye smiles and shrug, “Well, its in the blodd, y’know.”

Taking two glasses of the juice, Seohyun smiles and ready to go out from the room.

“Ah, why don’t you join us,” asked Taeyeon.

“Oh I cant. Changmin is waiting for me there,” she pointed at a guy who is looking very calm, writing something on his book at the yard. “We have a group project to settle with.”

“Liar. You are always studying together even when you don’t have a group project,” tease Sunye.

“Unnie….stop it already. I told you that we’re only classmates,” whined Seohyun.

“Alright alright. Just quickly go. Your so-called classmate is already waiting for you,” Sunye smiles as she loves to see Seohyun blushes that way.

Seohyun pout as she walked toward the door to go out from the house. From inside, the others can see that Seohyun is walking her way to Changmin since the sliding door in the room is made from glass.

“He is Jaejoong’s neighbor, rite?” asked Sooyoung curiously and Sunye just nodded.

“He’s so handsome.” Taeyeon giggles as her sight then switch from Changmin to Kangin. “What are you doing?”

Kangin who is typing something on his phone just continue typing without looking at Taeyeon. “Report this to Junsu.”

Taeyeon immediately grab Kangin’s phone and put it out of reach from Kangin as he tries to get it back. “I know this will happen. Stop it!”

“What is this? Did Junsu ask Kangin to spy on you? That’s a bit scary,” Yuri throw out her scared face.

“Yes he does. You’re so lucky that you date someone who is close with no one here,” replied Taeyeon as she still smacking with Kangin.

Sooyoung who just witness anything suddenly pout, “But Taeyeon-ah, I think you’re still luckier than me.” She then looks on her left just to meet Sungmin’s eyes who keep staring at her.

All eyes there are on them and unisonly nodding together, “Yeah….”

Sunye then claps her hand as she wants to get the attention back, “Okay okay okay guys. Lets talk about our main intention of having meeting now. This is a actually about the Jessica matter.”

“With Jaejoong?” asked Sunmi.

“Yes,” and Sunye simply replied.

“Ah, but I think it’s already uncontrollable. I mean, their relationship cannot be help anymore,” sigh Yuri as she’s looking really frustrated.

“Why did you said that?” ask Sungmin, curiosly.

Yuri then sway her hands as she want all of them to get closer to her , and others did. “Yunho said that even Jaejoong already give up on this. She even blocked him on YM. And you guys saw it right, how Sica is not even looking at him now. As if he’s invisible to her.”

All of the nodded, agree with her.

“Ah, how I wish thay have something to bark about.” GD is now looking aggravated.

“Yah! Do you ask Sohee about this matter. She’s close with Sica, she might know something.” Taeyeon asked GD.

“Sohee? Haha, like you don’t know her. Thinking about this, I think she’s also giving up about all the Jessica and Jaejoong matter. She once told me that they’re just impossible now,” replied GD as he reach his juice and drink it.

Sunmi then look like she has something in her head, “Wait. Why don’t you call others in that group. We need to hear something from Jaejoong’s side too so at least we can come up with something.”

“Yeah, let invites Yunho and Youngbae here. Sunye, Yuri, call them now,” agreed Sooyoung.

“But…” Yuri hesitated.

“You want this to success or not?” said Taeyeon as she tried to make them call.

“Fine…” both of them agreed although their face are saying otherwise.

15 minutes later, Yunho and Youngbae are already at Sunye’s house, trying to come up with a plan.

“Now tell us. What Jaejoong is up lately?” asked Kangin.

“Err…nothing. He just live his usual life, you know, schools, sports…” Youngbae is looking confuse with the question.

“So he didn’t care that Sica is not talking to him anymore?” ask Sunmi, shocked.

“So we just waste our time worrying about them here and…”

Before GD could finish his speech, Youngbae cut him . “Well, he did look a bit down lately, to be honest. More like he’s not his usual self now.”

“Then why doesn’t he do anything?” asked Sooyoung.

“How? Since your friend didn’t even pick up his call and I don’t think she read his message too. And you know what, he did try to talk to her at school, twice. But she just simply ignore him and for God sake, it’s in public. So imagine how Jaejoong feels at that moment when everyone are looking at him, weirdly. I think your friend got some issues there,” finally, Yunho let out what he has been keeping in her head.

“….Pardon,” suddenly Yuri look like she cannot believe what she just heard. “Yah, if my friend got issues, what about YOURRR friend then. Being a coward for years, what make him better then my friend.”

Everyone just keep quiet now as Yuri and Yunho are still yelling at each other. The atmosphere is becoming so tense and no one is willing to join the ‘war’.

“But he did try to fix it, remember??? But YOURRR friend just never listen. All she knows is he own feeling but she doesn’t even care how he feels when all the fuss happened.”

“Who said that she didn’t care? She actually did but YOURR friend is just too dumb to realize it.”

“Like I believe…”

“YAH!!!!!!!! STOP IT!!!!!!”

All eyes now are on the screaming Taeyeon who use all her strength just to let out the loud voice.  There is the awkward silence in the room now as some of them are thinking that Taeyeon is just so brave.

Suddenly Yunho stand up and walk toward the door. He left the room and his own friend, Youngbae who is still in a shock phase, thinking ‘Yah, why did you left me?’

When all eyes are on Yunho’s mad leaving, Yuri’s eyes is now contain some tears that she try to keep it from falling. It’s a tears for the mix feelings for fighting-with-boyfriend, don’t-badmouth-my-friend, and for sure, her face shows how indignant she is.

“I told you guys this is not going to work!!” Letting out her last frustration, she run to the toilet just to avoid anyone questioning her, or even try to calm her.

“Ottoke?” That’s the only word that comes from Sunmi while everyone are still do not know how to react to this situation.

 

 

Outside the house, both Seohyun and Changmin are witnessing the whole uncomfortable scene after hearing a loud shout from Taeyeon.

“Looking really serious there,” said Changmin.

“Aigo. I reckon they’re not getting the conclusion they want,” sigh Seohyun.

“About what?”

“Jaejoong oppa and Sica unnie,” Seohyun replied as her concentration is now back to her book.

While Seohyun is not caring about what just happened, Changmin eyes are still on the awkward group inside the house.

“Thinking about it, I think it is time for us already,” he smirked.

“What?” Seohyun head up her face toward Changmin as she’s confuse right now.

“We just need to interfere,” he answered.

“Why us?”

“Since your sister and her friend are so slow. And remember, Jaejoong is one of my close friend,” he smiled then take out his phone from his pocket and dial.

“But…” Seohyun is still confuse.

“Oh Donghae hyung, can you help me? *pause* Do you have Heechul hyung current address? *pause* Oh, I just have some stuff to talk to him. *pause* Oh, okay hyung. Thank you so much. *pause* Bye.”

“What is that, Changmin?” Seohyun looks like she might know now what is actually happen.

*Beep

Changmin’s phone vibrate as a message come in.

“Here, Heechul’s address.” He shows her his phone screen, just to let her sees the address that Donghae just send him.

“What are we going to do with that?” Although she might have guess Changmin’s intention already, she just ask as she’s hoping for the different answer from Changmin.

Raising his right eyebrow, Changmin once again smirk. “Stop acting dumb, Seohyun. I know you’re smarter than this.”

“You are joking, rite?”

Changmin just ignore her question and looking at his watch. “Now it’s already 10am. I’ll give you an hour to get ready. I’ll come back at 11 okay?” He packs all his book and belonging back inside his bag and walk toward the gate.

“WHAT?! We’re going NOW? Hey, where are you going?!!”

Changmin stops and turn to her, “Ah, one more thing. Tell them to concentrate more on their entrance exam than this. And stop thinking about others’ problem.” The, he continues his walk.

‘What is just happening here?’ She still cannot believe it.

Looking worried, Seohyun than take all her stuffs and go into the house.

“Seohyun-ah, where’s Changmin?” Sunye asked as she saw him walking away just now.

“Home, maybe,” she answered as she also not sure about it. “Ah, he even asked me to tell you guys to concentrate more on the upcoming entrance exam, instead bothering about this.”

“What? We don’t even know him yet he said that to us? OMG I just cannot believe that I complimented him before. That kid,” Taeyeon is looking disbelief.

“He’s crazy,” GD added and Taeyeon just nods hard.

“Yes, he is,” Seohyun agreed as her mind is still on Changmin’s crazy plan. She then continues climbing up the stairs and walk toward her room.

“Is something happened between them?” Kangin smells something is wrong with Seohyun.

“I don’t know but he kinda has a point there. By the way, did you guys choose which university you want to apply yet?” Sunye asked.

“I’ll go anywhere that my Sooyoungie choose, ChungAng University. And Yuri is targeting there too,” replied Sungmin as he throw an aegyo towards Sooyoung.

Popping out from the toilet, Yuri quickly argue, “I changed my mind. I’m not going there anymore.” As she reached the crowd, she sits back on her spot.

“But you said you and Yunho already….” And after receiving a death glare from Yuri, Sungmin decided not to continue his sentence. He then faces Kangin who is on his right, “Bad timing, is it?” and Kangin just nodded.

“Humph, look like we just cannot do anything about this Jessica matter anymore. Let they solve it by theirself and I hope Jaejoong knows how.” Sounding so frustrated, Sunmi sighs.

And GD just nodded, “Yeah..”

 

 

PART 2

 

‘Girls bring the boys out!....’

Seohyun’s phone ring make she runs toward the phone after being a little surprise with the sudden ring.

“Hello….”

She put on the loud speaker as she still preparing herself for the trip.

“I’m already in front of your house. Faster!” Changmin’s voice echoed in her room as she look at her phone, shocked.

“What?!” And she looks at her watch, “There is still 15 more minutes until 11.”

“I give you five more minutes. FASTER!!!” *klik*

Changmin is already not on the line and make Seohyun really pissed.

‘What the hell is in his mind?!!!’

But then, she still move faster than before, just to be ready in five minutes. Then, she takes a glance at the mirror for the last check and making sure everything is perfect. After that, she runse down the stairs toward the door. Judging from the empty dining hall, she guesses that all Sunye’s friend must be leaving the hous already. She then picks her sneakers and sits on the floor to tie the shoelace.

“Where are you going?” her mom asked as she comes out from the kitchen.

 Suddenly, her smart brain figures out something nice. ‘If mom opposes me going out with a boy, then I don’t need to go.’ She let out a bright smile.

“I’m going out. With CHANGMIN,” she stressed Changmin’s name so that her mom can here her clearly.

“Oh, okay then.” Unfortunately for her, her mom just smiles and there is no sign of opposing it at all.

“Omma, I’m going out with a BOY. Don’t you going to ask me anything, or at least ask me not to go or something? I’m your daughter, and now I’m going out with A BOY~!!”

“Well, if it is Changmin, then it’s okay. He’s a nice kid, y’know. And I am happy if he is your choice,” her mom is still smiling and go back to do her unfinished business in the kitchen. “Take care,” and she shouted.

“Omma~!!!!!” shaking her body, she let out a small shout just to release her stress after being disappointed by her mom. But then, she still making steps toward Changmin as that is the only choice she has.

“Lets go,” and that is te first word she heard from Changmin as they met.

“Changmin-ah, are you sure?”

“Yes, I am,” Changmin confidently replied as he grab Seohyun’s arm and drag her into the cab with him. Now, the cab driver starts the journey and drive toward their destination.

“Huh. By the way, from the address, do you know where is it?” Seohyun asked as she want to make sure they will not getting lost or something.

“Yes. It only takes 4hours from here,” replied Changmin, calmly.

“F…Fo…FOUR HOURS?! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!!!!”

“No, I’m not. And why are you so shocked? Well, it takes 4hours the his house’s area, but then, we need to find his house by ourselves since I heard that housing area is kinda complicated.” Changmin still answers calmly.

Speechlessly, she looks at him straight in his face. Unbelievable.

“What?” he asked her as the look really made him uncomfortable.

“You’re just plain crazy. I cant believe than I’m in this cab with you,” sigh Seohyun, shaking her head.

Changmin then shrug, “Well, you can sleep if you want to if that makes you feel better.”

Looking through the window, Seohyun let out a bigger sigh, trying to set her mind back to normal. ‘Calm down Seohyun. Calm down. He is crazy, you already know that didn’t you.’

Her mind keeps on thinking about what just happened. Just an hour ago, she was determined to finish the group project by today, but now, she’s on a cab with her groupmate to the unknown place. What a day.

----

 

“Seohyun-ah, Seohyun-ah. Wake up. We’re here already.”

Seohyun tried to open her heavy eylids as she heard a very familiar voice, trying to wake her up.

‘Here? Where am I>’

‘Ah, in a cab with….WAIT!’

With a sudden force, she straightens her back and sits in 90 degree position and her face look straight to the front. She didn’t even borther looking on to her left side.

“Come on. We’re here already.” Changmin then move out from the cab, leaving a shocking Seohyun alone with a taxi driver.

‘Did I just sleep on his shoulder? No, it can’t be possible. But did I? Oh my God~!! How am I going to face him now? Did my hair smell? Any morning breath? Ottokee….’ Seohyun is panic over it and start to smeel his own hair and also her own breath.

“You have such a sweet boyfriend, young lady. He even try to adjust his shoulder so that you can sleep well, eventhough his position is really look uncomfortable for him,” the taxy driven smiles at Seohyun, trying to be friendly.

‘What a nice timing to tell me that I actually slept on his shoulder.’ Seohyun then fakes her smile to the driver. “Thank you,” she said sarcastically.

“YAH!! Come out faster! “ Then she heard Changmin’s voice from the outside, ang make she thinks,’this is what you call nice, Mister?’

“Okay okay okay. I’m coming and stop shouting!” She sighs as she close the door. She runs toward him who is currently looking around just to make sure of something.

“So this is Choshinsei Park. We’re currently on the right track. Come on.” He drags her hand and still looking around to find the exact house. With a sudden reflex, Seohyun pulls back her hand out of his grip. “What?” he asked.

“No. Nothing. I can walk on my own.” Without him knowing, her heart beat faster now as she still embarrassed in what just happened in the cab just now.

He looks at her confusedly and smirks, “You’re weird.” He then walks forward to continue his search. A little pissed, she pulls off her anger face while acting like she’s going to hit him. Realising that there’s a gap between them now, she walked faster so that she can reach him.

After walking around for 30 minutes, they still cannot find the right house or even worse, they sometimes come back to the same spot.

“Yah Shim Changmin. Are you sure this is the right place?” She asked him as her sweat finally shown on her forehead.

“Yes….Maybe,” he lowered the volume for his last word.

“Yah!!”

“Come on! We don’t have enough time to fight,” he replied while walking away from her.

“WAIT! I’m hungry!! Well, it’s almost 4pm. Last time I checked, we are not even having our lunch. And as I remember, the last food I met was today’s breakfast, which is just a slice of bread. So, if you still cannot tell by now, I am really really really really really HUNGRY rite now.”

“But we don’t have time to eat. Every second is precious now if you don’t want us to reach home late at night,” he argued. But then Changmin’s stomach suddenly makes some weird noise which makes both of them staring at each other. Seohyun breaks the glance as she is laughing hard at him, forgetting how tired she is rite now.

“Come on. I saw a nice restaurant right there.” She drags the red face Changmin who is feeling embarrassed now and no guts to argue anymore.

Arriving at a small restaurant, both of them find a nice spot near the window where they can see the view from the inside.

As the waiter approachs them, Seohyun give him a bright smile, “Two ramyun, please. And two green tea.” Without asking him, she just ordered what is in her mind, but then, he just go with her order. Anything for him rite now is delicious since he is very hungry.

Seohyun take out her planner from her bag and wrote something on it while Changmin just watching her diligently.

“Since today looks like we cannot finish our project, so lets do it tomorrow, okay?” She smiles to him after finished writing.

“Er.. You even wrote that on your planner?” he asked, cannot believe how organized she is.

“Of course. That is why this thing is called ‘planner’. We write our plans in it. Oh by the way, where is the toilet. I cannot bear it any longer.”

“Haha. There.” He pointed at one of the corner with a toilet sign and she just quicky leave the table.

Smiling while watching her, his eyes then move to a cute bule planner on the table. He looks back at the toilet corner just to make sure she isn’t coming yet, then his right hand immediately grab the planner. Going through sheet by sheet, his lips cannot help but to smile as he reads how organized and accurate she is. ‘This girl’. Suddenly his eyes fixed on a star sign which have a sentence in pink next to it.

“Yah! What are you doing?” Seohyun drags her planner from his hand, looking mad and sit back on her seat.

“Haha. I cannot believe this. Put back unnie’s purple dress in her locker so that she doesn’t realize I took it. You even wrote about that kind of thing? Haha, you’re unbelievable.” He laughed since it is funny to him.

“This is my privacy, and please learn how to respect it.”

The waiter then arrived with two bowls of ramyun and both of them are not in a mood to argue anymore. Food is the most important thing at the moment and they concentrate too much on it and even forget to talk.

BURP!

“I cannot believe this. 5 bowls, Shim Changmin? Are you even real?” Looking at the staged bowls, she shakes her head.

“I am just hungry, that all. Plus, we need energy to find this.” He showed her a piece of paper that has an address written on it. Without he can do anything, she grab thet piece of paper and go to the counter.  “Yah! What are you doing?” He then follows her step to the counter.

“Ajuhsshi. Can I ask you something?” She speaks politely to a man at the counter.

“Of course,” with a smile, he replied.

“Do you know where is this?” She gives him that address so that he can read it.

“Oh, it is not far away from here. I believe it takes you only 10 minutes if you walk from here. Wait, I’ll draw you a map.” The man draw a map briefly and explain it to her.

Bowing politely, she then give him a smile. “Thank you, ajuhssi. And for the bill, ask this young man to pay. Once again, thank you ajuhssi,” she pointed at Changmin and left the restaurant.

“Why me?” But she is now too far away to hear him and resulting him to pay. He smiles as she think about it. After finish, he ran out of the restaurant  and walk toward her.

“Finished?” she asked.

“Erm.”

“Then lets go.” She walk forward and he follows her.

“Thinking about it, this is actually the reason why I drag you with me.” Smiling at her, his eyes looks like he is proud of something.

“Eh?”

“Well, although we’re both smart, but sometimes, we just need to rely on each other,” he said, confidently.

She then looks at him, raising her right eyebrow.

“What?” he asked her.

“Did you just called yourself, smart? You’re so vain, and I never expected that from you. Yeah, maybe sometimes you look like you know you’re smart, but I didn’t expect that you will say it out loud.” Seohyun looks like she was stunned by that.

“Well, it’s not that I’m vain or anything related to that. But I am just being honest to myself. Plus, I cannot lie to myself. So don’t you think it is alright to speak out the truth?” And he is still smiling.

“Whatever, Changmin.” And she just continue walking.

Changmin let out his small laugh as he follows her steps, “You’re cute.”

“Pardon?”

“Nothing.”

“STOPPPPP!!!!” Seohyun suddenly stop and shout.

Changmin who just a little but startled just stop as she wishes. “What?”

“I think it is either this house, or this house.” Seohyun pointed to the two house which is next to each other.

“Let me see the map,” and Seohyun gave him the map.

After taking a look carefully at the map he confidently choose one. “I think it’s the white one.”

“Are you sure this is his house?”

“I don’t know but, HEY! There he is, the Kim Heechul.” He pointed at a young boy who is walking toward them on the road.

“You know him?” She asked, just to make sure of it.

“I met him once, when he went to Jaejoong’s house,” he answered as his eyes is still on the walking boy.

The boy ‘s finally met Changmin’s eyes as he tried to recognize him. “What are you doing in front of my house?”

“Are you, Kim Heechul?” Changmin asked.

“Yes, and…”

“I’m Changmin and this is my friend Seohyun. Well, we met once before,  remember? At Jaejoong’s house.”

Thinking hard about it, finally that boy smiles brightly. “Ah, yes I remember you. You’re Jaejoong’s neighbor, rite?” And Changmin just nodded. “So, what are you doing here?”

“Well, actually, we need your help. I mean, HE needs your help.”

 

 

PART 3

 

“Well, actually, we need your help. I mean, HE needs your help.”

“Ouwh. Erm, it is already been years since I last met him. I don’t know if I can help or not,” Hechul thinks for a while before giving them his answer.

“Of course you can. To be honest, only you can help him,” with full determination, Seohyun held Heechul’s hand and shake it. Her eyes look so desperate, looks like she will burst into tears if Heechul is not helping them. ‘I come this far for this and don’t you dare to say NO!’

“Owh.. erm okay. Come on in then,” said Heechul who is look a little bit clueless and leads them in.

“I’m home,” he shouted as he enter the house and take out his shoes.

“Oh, go take a bath and prepare for dinner,” her mom shouted but then she looks at the two strangers. “Oh, you have guests. Come, come and have a sit,” pointing at the couch where Seohyun and Changmin bow and follow her instruction.

“Where is Krystal?” Heechul asked her mom as he followed the two of them to sit on the couch.

“Here. Why?” a young girl come down from the stairs looking a bit bored. But then when her eyes met Changmin’s her expression change in a blink of eyes. She smiles and looks at Heechul doubtly, “Who are they? Don’t tell me they’re your friends since I don’t remember you having some good looking friends like them.”

“Yah, just shut up and make something nice for them to drink,” Heechul commands.

Krystal then let out her heavy sigh and smirks to his brother, “Ye, ye.” She enters the kitchen with her mom who is making their dinner.

Outside the kitchen, the three of them just smiles to each other, awkwardly.

“Well, that’s Krystal, my only sister. Don’t mind her, she’s weird.” Heechul is trying to be friendly to the guests as he is still not familiar with them. Seohyun and Changmin just nodded. “Oh, so, what can I help?”

Seohyun and Changmin are now looking at each other, didn’t know where to start. Changmin nudged Seohyun’s arm as Seohyun widen her eyes, ‘No, you tell him.’

Watching them, Heechul finally let out his smiles. “So you guys will tell me or not?”

Changmin then surrender and sighs, “I believe, since you remember Jaejoong, so you remember Jessica noona too rite? It’s something that happened between the three of you, years ago……”

Changmin then continue to tell Heechul the main problem and try to suggest ways for him to help them. When Seohyun thinks that Changmin miss something, she adds the details more so that Heechul know how worst the situation is now.

“…. So we wonder if you can meet Jessica unnie and tell her the truth.” Seohyun ended the story and there comes the good silent for Heechul to think.

“Actually…” Seohyun and Changmin then move their face closer to Heechul to hear it clearly. “… since I left the school, I am thinking to meet Jaejoong and apologize to what I did too.” Heechul them pressed his lips to form a small smile. “But then, I still have no guts to face him since I know how precious our friendship to him.” He paused a little then looks straight to the front. “Maybe it’s about time already rite?”

Seohyun then looks at Changmin who is also looking at her before looking back at Heechul.

“Erm, if the request is hard for you, you don’t have…”

But before Seohyun could finish her words, Heechul shakes his head and cut her, “No no no. It is my pleasure if I can help them again. You know, after what I have done, I think I really really need to do something for them.”

Krystal suddenly popped out from the kitchen with two glasses of coke and fut it in front of them. “Hi, I’m Krystal, Heechul oppa’s sister. You guys look so unfamiliar. You’re not from this area, rite?” smiling brightly, she sits opposite to them and start talking.

“Yeah, we’re from Seoul. Oh by the way, I’m Changmin and this is Seohyun. Nice to meet you,” Changmin replied her smiles that make her eyes sparkle.

“Oh, so I can call you Changmin oppa and Seohyun unnie, rite?”

Heechul who can read her sister’s real intention just interrupted, “Yah! Go help mom in the kitchen. Cant you see that we’re having a conversation here?”

“Can I join?” she asked brightly.

“NO!” Heechul answered harshly.

“Fina!” Krystal the n get up from the cough and walk toward the kitchen, not in such a good mood.

“I’m sorry for that,” Heechul apologized to the two guests as the two shake their head, meaning ‘It’s okay.’

“So, back to our issue, I just need to go to meet Sica, rite? But isn’t it’s weird, I mean suddenly I come from nowhere just to tell her about this?” Heechul continues.

“Well, I already thought about it. You can just act like you coincidentally meet her. Well, Seohyun can arrange Jessica noona to be there. All you need to do is being there on the right time,” explained Changmin as Seohyun stunly look at him. ‘This boy is so good and fast at planning thing. And he even included me in his plan without even asking.’

“Oh, yes, it’s more natural that way. Oh, you take my number so that the plan works perfectly on time,” Heechul suggested while taking out his phone. They exchange the phone numbers and think about the plan.

“So hyung. When will you be free to meet her?” Changmin asked.

“Next weekend. Is it okay?”

“Perfect.” Seohyun and Changmin shouted together.

Heechul’s mother then comes out from the kitchen just to prepare the dinner on the table. “Oh, I heard from Krystal that you guys are from Seoul, rite?”

“Yes, aunty,” Seohyun answered politely.

“Why don’t you join us for dinner?” she offered.

“Oh, it’s almost 8 already and I think we need to leave now so that we can reach home before midnight,” Changmin assured as he looks at his watch.

“It is too dangerous for young teenagers like both of you to travel at night. I mean, we can trust no one, nowadays. You guys should just stay here for a night and go home tomorrow morning,” the mom look a bit worried.

“No no. It’s okay. No,” both Seohyun and Changmin look a bit comfortable and try to decline the offer.

“But I must be a very bad adult if I let both of you go like that.”

“Yeah, you should stay,” added Heechul.

“Yeah, Seohyun unnie can stay in my room and Changmin oppa can stay with Heechul oppa,” seconded Krystal who just comes out from kitchen, with food in her hands.

Once again, Changmin and Seohyun look at each other. They know at the moment that it is very rude to refuse this family’s offer. Finally, they nodded.

“Yeayy,” Krystal shouted happily which cause Heechul to give her a glare. Krystal ignores him and go back to the kitchen and take out all the food and put them on the table.

“Come, have some dinner.” Heechul’s mom waved at both Seohyun and Changmin and they just politely follow and join them for dinner.

With Krystal bubbly personality, the dinner seems so fun. So it was a great thing for Changmin and Seohyun because they feel a lot comfortable with them now. But the only uncomfortable thing for Seohyun is that Krystal keeps looking at Changmin and even steals a glance at him. She knows something smells fishy but she tried to act like she doesn’t even care.

 

----

 

Heechul put on the extra mattress beside his single bed and put two pillows with a white comforter on it.

“You can sleep here,” he look at Changmin who is just entering his room, nodding. “Oh by the way, can we talk about the plan? I mean, I still don’t know what I can do.”

Heechul went to sit on his study chair just to let Changmin sit on the mattress.

“Erm, just like I already said, you can act like you coincidentally meet her. Oh by the way, when will you be free? I mean, we need to have a good timing for you guys to meet,” he asked Heechul who listened to him carefully.

“Next weekend…”

Clapping his hand hard, Changmin just smiles brightly, “Great! We need to settle this thing up fast since I believe the big exam will come sooner, right? Erm, about the place, do you still remember that park, near the school?” Heechul nodded after he looks like he tried to memorize something. “You just need to be there, erm, around 3 pm. Yeah, Saturday 3p.m is just perfect.”

Changmin smiles as all the plan is perfectly work in his head while Heechul just look at him, amused. ‘This kid is something.’

“Erm…oo…k.  Then, just contact me time to time so that I’ll know if anything changes. You know my number, rite?” asked Heechul.

“Yup. Hyung, I need to settle up something first. You can sleep if you want to. No need to wait for me.” Changmin dialed something on his phone and ready to open the door after Heechul nodded. “Oh hyung. Can you send me Sunye noona’s number? Don’t ask. Just send it.” And Changmin disappeared from the room.

Heechul just looks at the door and moves to his bed, landing on it while thinking about what happened years ago before falling asleep.

--------------------

“Unnie, can I switch off the light already?”

Seohyun nodded as she already in her position to sleep and Krystal just tap her hand to the switch and the room turns dark. After being quiet for a minute, Krystal then moves her body to the left side of her single bed just to face Seohyun who is sleeping on the floor.

“Unnie.”

“Erm…”

“Changmin oppa….”

Seohyun opens her eyes after she heard that name.

“Is he you boyfriend?” asked Krystal.

“NO!” she quickly answered and blush for no reason. Her little shout make Krystal dazed for a little. “I mean, he’s just a friend. A classmate, yes, only a classmate.”

“A ahh. Hehe, I am so relieve now.” Krystals smiles although she knows Seohyun cannot see it.

“W..W..Why?” asked Seohyun.

“Well, I thought he’s your boyfriend since he keeps staring at you during the dinner.”

“Nahh..”

The room turn silent again as then only can hear the sound from the fan and also the wind outside.

“Unnie,” being a teenager, Krystal is still curious about Changmin.

“Yup.”

“He’s still single, rite?”

“Who?”

“Changmin oppa.”

Seohyun stunned with the question for a little and hesitate whether she should answer or not. “Why are you asking?”

Giggling a little Krystal sounds so excited when the topic is about Changmin. “Well unnie. You know what? He is soo my type. Like really really really fit my ideal type. Tall, good looking and he looks kinda smart too. Really, unnie. Plus, he is so nice to me. Did you see it just now? He even helped me with my homeworks. I think I might stan a chance too. What do you think unnie? Do you think that I have a chance with him?”

She waited for Seohyun to answer but all she got is just a plain silent.

“Unnie, are you already sleeping?”

“No,” Seohyun answers. ‘How can I sleep, you stupid?’

“So, he’s single, rite?”

Silent strikes again as Seohyun’s brain keep thinking and thinking while Krystal is just waiting for an answer.

“Unnie…..”

“He already has one.”

“Really?!! Really unnie? He already has a girlfriend?” Krystal sounds so shocked.

Trying to refrain herself, Seohyun close her eyes hard and force an “Erm…” sound out of her lips.

Sighing hard, Krystal moves back to her sleeping position. “What a pity.”

After Seohyun making sure that Krystal already sleeping, she knocked her own head. ‘Pabo-ya! Why are you lying?’

----

Early in the morning, after having their breakfast, the four of them are walking through the pathway towards the main road. Changmin, Heechul, Seohyun and Krystal finally reached a shop with a ‘Segye Shop’ sign.

“I told the taxi driver that we’re waiting here. Erm, look like he’s not here yet,” Heechul looks at his watch.

“It’s okay, we can wait here. Hechul oppa, Krystal, thank you for everything,” Seohyun then faced both of the sibling and smiles.

“It’s okay. Take care. And Changmin, take care of her okay since you’re the one who drags her here,” Heechul warns Changmin after hearing the whole story from Seohyun on how they end up here.

“Nae~,” Changmin replied.

“But oppa. How come you drag Seohyun unnie here just like that? And you seems like you don’t feel sorry towards your girlfriend at all. She must be feeling very jealous if she knows this,” Krystal interrupts after thinking about it for a while.

“Girlfriend?” Changmin looks a bit confuse with Krystal’s statement.

“Well, Seohyun unnie already told me about …”

But before Krystal can finich her words Seohyun suddenly shouted, “LOOK!! The taxi is coming. We need to go now guys. Thank you for everything. Send my regards to aunty too. Come on Changmin! Bye guys. Thank you. Thank you.” Continuously bowing at the sibling, she then drags Changmin before that guy can say anything. She pushed Changmin into the taxi and once again saying goodbye to the confuse sibling outside before entering the cab and quickly close the door. “Ahjusshi, faster. Go Go!”

Krystal and Heechul just stand there for 5 seconds, still cannot understand what just happened.

“Oppa, they’re so weird,” after opening for a while, Krystal finally let out whats in her mind.

Heechul let out his small laugh, “Haha, lets go home.”

-----

In the cab, Changmin is still looking at Seohyun confusedly.  But in his head, he might have some idea about what jus happened. After all, he’s not that dumb. Still looking at her, his lips pressed down just to creat a thin smile on his face. Nervouse Seohyun who just cannot sit still slightly look at Changmin, who is still looking at her. Then she looks back to her previous view just to avoid the eye contact. But then, she cannot help but to look back at Changmin with her not-so-calm self.

“What?” she asked.

Feeling like teasing her as usual, Changmin asked, “What is she talking about? Who is my girlfriend?”

“I don’t know. Ask her by yourself,” she answered in panic as she already looks outside the cab.

“How can I ask her when you drag me like that?”

Seohyun doesn’t even know how to answer as her mind cannot really function well right now. Changmin already cannot hide his big smile anymore.

“But looks like you’re the on that told her about my non-exist-girlfriend,” acting like he is still confuse, Changmin hide his laugh as she turns back to him.

“NO I’m not!”

Changmin raise his right eyebrow up, meaning ‘Are you sure?’

“Well, she must hear it wrong, or something. I don’t know. Why did you ask me?” Seohyun doesn’t even look like her usual self right now and turn back to the window on her left. Facing Changmin makes her more miserable.

Again, Changmin cannot help but to laugh, but then he is smart enough not to let her heard it. “Well, let bygone be bygone. Oh by the way, you can sleef if….”

“No, I wont!” Seohyun answered as she remembered what happened yesterday. ‘There is no way I can sleep on that shoulder again.’

Smiling widely, Changmin just shakes his head. “Alright then.”

----

 

“Seohyun-ah, wake up.”

‘OMG, not again Seohyun.’

Seohyun opens her eyes slowly but then she breath out heavily just because she was glad. ‘Thanks God I’m waking up at this side. And I am confident that I don’t even touch him today.’

She then straighten her arm and try to become fresh. But then, she saw a ‘Sunny D-Lite’ sign and look at Changmin who is already outside the cab.

“Why are we here?”

“Lets go. I need to buy something before going home,” Changmin answered.

‘THEN WHY DID YOU WAKE ME UP?!!!!’ As much as Seohyun wanted to shout that, she just calm herself down and smiles, “Just go then. I’ll wait here.”

“Come with me. I don’t want to go alone,” Changmin then drags Seohyun out of the cab while all Seohyun can do is letting out her lazy face.

“Fine..”

Lazily enter the café, Seohyun just look down, not feeling like buying something from it. Just three steps into the small café, Seohyun was shocked just to hear a loud pop and a shout from all he people there.

“SURPRISE!!!!”

She then look at Changmin in a shocked face, “What is this?” and Changmin just shrugs and walk straight, leaving her alone.

“Happy birthday to you

Happy birthday to you

Happy birthday to Seohyunie

Happy birthday to you….”

With a teary eyes, her right hand covered and ready blow the candles as Sunye already in front of her, holding the cake.

“Don’t forget to make a wish,” Sunye whispered as Seohyun just close her eyes before blowing the candles.

All the people there are clapping their hands and making a pop sound with anything they have. Looking around, Seohyun saw all heer family members, Sohee, Seungri, and all her sister’s friend.

“Yah unnie. This is my birthday party but they’re all your friends. You should at least invite my classmates or something,” Seohyun smiles as she still cannot express how delightful she is.

“Haha, mian. This is a last minute plan since your so-called-classmate just inform me his plan last night,” Sunye smiles and hugs her sister.

“You mean, Changmin?”

And Sunye nodded. Changmin then approach them just to put a party hat on Seohyun.

“Yah! How did you know today’s my birthday? I never  tell you about it, right?” Seohyun asked as she adjusts her hat to a more comfortable position.

“You put a star on today’s date in your planner, remember?” Changmin smiles and left them as Sunye leads Seohyun to the table so that they can cut the cake.

“He called me all night just to make sure this happen,” Sunye whispered to Seohyun which make her smiles a lot.

“Lets…. PARTY!!!” At the back, GD and Jessica who is already lost in their party mode just shouted while throwing the confettis everywhere.

All of them are having fun with Daesung plays a happy song as the background. He is indeed a very supporting café owner.

Sunye then walks toward Changmin who is very busy with his food in front of him.

“Ehem..”

Changmin then look up to see Sunye. “What noona?”

“I think you need to explain something,” Sunye sat next to him.

“About what?” Changmin is still with his food.

“Yah, you take my sister for a day long and you don’t feel like explaining at all?” Sunye grins as she’s in a joking mode.

“Well, she already called your mom to explain. So you can ask your mom about it, or actually you can straightly ask her.”

Watching at Changmin who is still eating, Sunye shakes her head. “Ah, forget about it. I just come to ask you to invite Jae here so that he can meet Sica.”

For once, Changmin stop eating and look straight at Sunye.

“Noona, come closer.”

“What?” Sunye move her ears closer to Changmin.

“Don’t worry about it. I already have a big plan for them.”

--------------------

 

PREVIEW CHAPTER 17 (Final Chapter)

"This is maybe the last thing that I can give you....." - Jaejoong

"Why? Stupid... Why are you being like this? Why cant you forgive him...." - Jessica

"Oh, his dad get an offer to work in Japan. Dont you know about it?..." - Tiffany

"You guys are crazy...." - Sohee