Chapter 11 : Midterm Exam

Love School

 

“Guys, as you know, next week will be the mid-term exam. You’ll get the result just before you have your mid-term holiday. So, prepare! Yeah, I know that no one care about his exam since its just a midterm, but please, at least don’t show me your stupidity too obviously by sending an empty sheet.”

As Mr Park announce, the class went crazy with the students’ voice, complaining.

“Oh, look likes you guys are so excited. Good Luck then.” She then walk out from the class, smiling.

Yeah, the only person who is so excited is Min Sunye. After Mrs Park walk away from the class, she turn her chair back, and facing Jessica, who is currently ignore anything that just happened.

“Sica.. Let make a group of study. It must be really fun, you know”

But before Jessica can answer, GD already hit Sunye’s shoulder which makes her go “Auw”.

“Stop it Min Sunye. The word ‘study’ itself just makes me want to vomit”

“Yeah, I agree with him. It’s not even a final exam.” Jessica then nodded, finally comeback from her own world.

“But guys….”

“Enough Sunye. Don’t force that lazy kid anymore. It will never work. Maybe she loves being stupid, who knows” Jaejoong then interrupt their conversation which make Jessica want to kill him.  ‘How can last night I even think about him sending me those puzzle, I must be nuts!’ her mind speak.

“What puzzle?” Gd suddenly asked.

“Oh my god. Did I just think loud?” GD and Sunye just nodded while Jaejoong just smile, being the only one who know what Jessica just ‘think’.

“Stupid.” Then, Jaejoong just left Sica to go to Yunho with open.

“Wha…wha?! You just called me STUPID. Is he just called me stupid?  (facing GD n Sunye who just nodded after being asked)Omo Omo. Please….. you’re not even qualified to a word smart either. Geez…”

And with his high-pitches, Jaejoong just said, “At least smarter than you.”

And the whole class, who just being silent, now whispering to each other.

“omg, he’ll dead”

“Both of them are smart, don’t they”

“I wish someone can stop this”

“Do we need to run to safe our life”

Jessica then finally burn, standing and shout, “ Ah… aigoo (acting like old lady who put her hand behing her head) Well, prove it! Oh, lets see which group is better. You with your group of friends, which I remember are Yunho, Yoona, Youngbae, Eunhyuk, Hyo Yeon and Siwon. Mine, … Sunye, GD, Sunmi, Tae Yeon, Kangin, Sooyoung , Sungmin and Kwon Yuri. We took the average score of us. Deal?!”

“Ok deal!”

“Yahh!! It’s only about you two, why are you including us?” Kangin then stood up.

“Yeah, Hero. It’s nonsense!” Youngbae second him.

“DEAL IS A DEAL!” shout both of the dealers.

“Yeah, it sounds fun, y’know. Let show them we can do it guys.”Sunye now clapping like a little kid, happy with the bet.

“AS YOU WISH~!!” Others that involve then shout (except Sunye, Jaejoong and Jessica, of course) with mad faces.

---

 

“1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 and last one is mine.” Sunye happily count s the orange juice that she just made and bring to the front room. All of her friends gather there to study, forcefully. It’s already 15minutes and it’s time to wake them up.

“Guys, wake up! It’s already 15 minutes. Let continue our study. Come on guys, wake up.” Sunye just put the juices on the table.

Surprisingly to Sunye, Jessica is the first to wake, and the only one. Since she is kind of a sleepyhead, it is hard for Sunye to believe. ‘This girl really has high spirit this time.’

“Guys, wake up. We don’t want them to call us stupid again.” Jessica then helps Sunye to wake others up.

With a sleepy tone, Sunmi just reply, “Oh, I don’t even care they call me stupid. I just want to sleep.” And she continues her sleep.

“Guys…” Sica then tries again.

“Sica-ah, wait. I have an idea.” Sunye then grab the television remote control and turn on the tv. “WHAT!!!!? KIM BUM AND KIM SO EUN ARE DATING??!!!

Sunmi : What?!!!

TaeYeon: Really?!!

Sooyoung: Turn up the volume NOW!!!

GD : MY KIM SO EUN~!!!

Yuri : Oh my …..

Sungmin : When?!!

Kangin : Don’t be fool guys, Sunye just lies to make us wake.

Sunye : And it is a success, isn’t it?

Everyone there, except Jessica and Sunye just fake their smile, feeling guilty.

“You guys just fake your sleep? YAHHH!! Hurry up guys, we need to score A’s in every subjects” Jessica then bring all the books and stuff back from the table.

“Why do we need to do this? It is between you and Jae, not us!” Yuri finally speaks what she felt.

Jessica, who currently holds lots of book, finally stop walking. “But…..”

Silent again.

“But,…. She called me stupid.” Jessica just said in a very slow voice, but since everyone are concentrating on her, they heard it.

And the situation went silent again.

“Come on guys, don’t wasting time. Yah, Jessica! What are you doing there? Walk faster and bring the book now!” Tae Yeon finally stands up to help Jessica.

“Yeah, and if we concentrate more on what Sunye taught us, we can finish faster, and go shopping together!!” Sunmi then shout while cleaning the place where they just slept. Yuri, Sooyoung and GD help her to pick up the pillows and stack them aside while Sungmin and Kangin make space for them and sit there.

“Come and sit here, Sica. Sunye, let start! Daebak (Success)!!!” Sungmin said cheerfully and all of them reply him back, “DAEBAK!!!”

Then, they have lots of fun studying, and it is more effective then before since they don’t feel like they’re being forced. After that, they go shopping together.

---

Sica then finally home and open her Yahoo Messenger®.

cold_guy: hey, you’re late.

ice_princess: I just got stuff to do. Studying….shopping..

cold_guy: oh good luck to you then. I don’t even know that you’re a hardworking student.lol

ice_princess: oh shut up!

Cold_guy: since it’s a compliment, you should just say “thank you” instead.

Ice_princess: THANK YOU MR….. oh gosh, I just realize that I don’t even know your name.

Cold_guy: you do. Cold_guy, remember?

Ice_princess: Like seriously, I don’t even know your name. we’ve been chatting for about a year, n I don’t know your name.. how come?

Cold_guy : you never ask. Yeah, I think that’s the reason how it come out that you don’t know my name.

Ice_princess: Psycho! Its not like you should answer that ‘how come?’ question.

Cold_guy: every question needs answer.

Ice_princess: So, what is your name?

Cold_guy: you first.

Ice_princess: I’m asking you first and I believe that is not the answer of that question.

Cold_guy: but I want to know your name first.

Ice_princess: Oh fine~… Jessica. You can just call me Sica, now, yours!

Cold_guy: what if I wont tell?

Ice_princess: then our friendship ends here.

Cold_guy: Haha, funny you.

Ice_princess: I’m serious. If you’re not telling me, even your name, that’s mean you never want to be my friend.

Cold_guy: Oh come on… what if you lie about your name. I never know.

Ice_princess: you know I wont. I hate liar! And you better don’t lie about your name too.

Cold_guy: Why so serious?

Ice_princess: What is your name..? don’t lie!

Cold_guy : Fine…I’m….

Ice_princess: …. Your name please..

Cold_guy: I am someone

Ice_princess: named…

Cold_guy: Hero

Ice_princess: Shut up!!!

Cold_guy: Whay? What’s wrong with my name?

Ice_princess: It’s Jaejoong’s nickname. His friends called him that.

Cold_guy: Really? I never know.

Ice_princess: And I believe it is not your full name too.

Cold_guy: Yeah, my friends called me that, so as one of my friend, I want you to call me Hero too. Is it ok?

Ice_princess: Well, I guess. Hey, I need to sleep early tonight so that I don’t fell asleep during class tomorrow.

Cold_guy: Eh?

Ice_princess: I need to score, you know y, so don’t ask.

Cold_guy: wow, you’re so into it.

Ice_princess: Of course, he called me stupid.

Cold_guy: Maybe he’s joking, you know…

Ice_princess: I don’t really know if it is a good joke to call people stupid.

Cold_guy: Oh, sorry~…

Ice_princess: for what?

Cold_guy: just feel like saying. Oh I’m sleepy too, good night, Sica. Have a nice sleep.

Ice_princess: oh good night, Hero. Gezz, wait! don’t you have other name that I can call you. Hero is… I don’t know…. I just cant.

Cold_guy: haha, I have one.

Ice_princess: oh great, what?

Cold_guy: Jaejoong

Ice_princess: haha, funny you. Just go and sleep. Good night.

Cold_guy: haha, nite.

------------

“ Okay times up guys. Please stop writing and pass your exam sheet to the front,” said Mrs. Park loudly with her strict voice. There are several sound that came out from all the students in 3-A class, some sounds relieve and some sounds worry.

Jessica, who is just neutral about her feeling just smile to Sunye after she pass up her exam sheet.

After Mrs. Park left the room, Sunye just put her head on Jessica’s desk, “Si-ca-chu~! How?”

“I don’t know…” with her expressionless face, she packs her stuff.

GD immediately come to scream, “Omona…omo…omo. Sica, I’m so sorry, I think I’ll be fail. It is just too hard for me. Sica-ah, mian…”

“Me too… me too. I think I may ruin everything. Our group’s result..Gosh~..Sorry guys, really sorry.” Sunmi then running from her place to the back.

“Yeah, I have no confident too..” Tae Yeon then pulls off her sad face.

“Us too..” All of them now reply, looking sad, which make Jessica feels guilty for making the bet.

“It’s okay guys….”

“Wow Sica, you look like you have no worries at all. You must be very confident with your answer.” Interrupt Kangin.

Jessica still pull off her serious face, “Actually…..” and all of them are concentrating on Jessica. “I think I will be the one that will ruin the result! Omg!! That’s Newton’s Law!! Why was he making the law? If I met that Newton guy, I’ll kill him with my own hand! WAAAAA!!!” a serious Jessica just turn crazy.

“Calm down Jessica. Just relax. And I believe that Newton guy is already dead…. I guess,” Sunye who always calm her friends down, does her duty as usual.

“Did he?” Sooyoung confuses.

“What if he’s still alive?” interrupt Sungmin.

“I’ll kill him,” with full of spirit, Jessica smirk.

“I’ll join Sica,” second Yuri.

“He’s dead!!” Sohee, who come from nowhere, just interrupt.

“Are you sure?” GD asked curiously.

“Err.. maybe.” Sohee’s confident just gone.

“Err… guys, how come I never heard about that Newton’s Law? Is he works at the government? The one who create the law…? Rite guys…?”Sunmi who just keep shut before, asking innocently.

“SUNMI!!!” all of them then shout at one.

-------

Early in the morning, GD just shouted when he saw the two girls that he really close with, “SICA!! SOHEE BABY!! Come…..the result is out!!!”

And the girls just ran toward him and immediately go to the board. After clearing all the students in front the board, Sica then just check while GD just takes picture of the ranking sheet. The three of them then go to 3-A class, waited for the others to count together. After Yuri, Sungmin, Sooyoung, Sunmi, Kangin, Tae Yeon and the genius Sunye come, the gather at Sica’s desk ant start to count

“Let highlight it first,” suggest Sunye.


  1. Min Sunye
  2. Lee Hongki
  3. Jin Bora/Sunday
  4. Kim Jae Joong
  5. Jung Jessica
  6. Jung Yunho
  7. Choi Minhwan
  8. Lee Sungmin
  9. Kim Bokyung/Stephanie
  10. Lee Jae Jin
  11. Hong Sungmi/Dana
  12. Kim Tae Yeon
  13. Lee Jiyeon/Lina
  14. Im Yoon A
  15. Oh Won bin
  16. Choi Jonghun
  17. Kwon Yuri
  18. Kim Junsu
  19. Kim Yoobin
  20. Park Jungsu
  21. Choi Siwon
  22. Kwon Jiyong
  23. Choi Seunghyun
  24. Park Ye Eun
  25. Kim Ryeowook
  26. Lee Hyukjae
  27. Kim Youngwoon/Kangin
  28. Kim Taehee
  29. Kim Hyo Yeon
  30. Kim Jongwoon
  31. Choi Soo Young
  32. Sunmi
  33. Lee Donghae
  34. Kim Kibum
  35. Cho Kyuhyun
  36. Han Geng
  37. Shin Dong Hee
  38. Jang Ri In
  39. Kwon Boa
  40. Dong Young Bae

 

“ our group.. : (1+5+8+12+22+27+31+31)/9 = 17.2222..

…their group : (4+6+14+26+29+40)/7 = 20.000”

“We we we…..won?” GD just asked quietly, everyone there is still in their shock, silent. “Guys, we won?” he repeated, and Jessica just nodded.

“GUYS WE WON!!!” GD finally shouts and jump, follow by the others.

“AM I DREAMING?!! I can’t believe it..this is soo….GOSH!!” Yuri now jump happily.

“Group hug guys!” with a teary eyes, Sooyoung then pull out her hand and 9 of the are forming a group hug, jumping to make a round.

Jaejoong suddenly come to interrupt their group hug, “ Congratulation”

“Thanks,” reply Jessica.

Sohee then taps Jessica’s shoulder and ask, “Sica-ah, actually, what do you get from this? I mean, what’s the deal?”

“Yeah, I am just wondering too.”Sunmi then join them.

Everyone then interest in this conversation and are concentrating on Jessica now, “Well, I’m not sure.  I just feel mad because he called me stupid.”

“But he still got a higher ranking than yo…” before Yuri can complete her sentence, Sooyoung quickly closed Yuri’s mouth with her hand. Fortunately, Sica just laughs.

“Haha, at least, I have smarter friends than him.” And everyone just smile.

-----

KRINGGGG!!!!

“Yeah, recess time!! Let celebrate guys.” GD then jumps and goes to the café, followed by others. Everyone are enjoying the small party, including Sohee, Seungri and Seo Hyun. Jessica then looks at Sunmi and Seungri, who currently act weirdly. ‘I hope they tell the others soon.’

After the recess, they then move toward their classroom. When they enter the class, they just see Yoochun is whispering something to Yoona.

“Are they dating,” Jessica then whisper to Sunye, who just knock Jessica’s head after that.

“Stop your gossip mind now Jessica, it’s uncontrolled now.” and Jessica just pout when Yoochun just walk out from the classroom.

“Ehem ehem, Youngbae-ah, Sunye-shi, Mrs Park want to meet you two, at her office, now.” announces Yoona.

“See?! Why Yoochun did met Yoona just to give that information. I mean, he can just tell Hyo Yeon, who is obviously the nearest to the door.” Jessica still wont give up.

“That’s not the main point, Jessica. The question now is, why she want to meet me and Youngbae?” Sunye pull of her curious face.

“You better go now if you really want to know,” GD then pushes Sunye to go. Sunye finally walk quickly to the office.

“GD-ah, like seriously, are they couple?” Sica still in her world.

“Who?”

“Yoona and Yoochun”

“Stop it!” GD then knock Jessica’s head, like what Sunye did before

 

-----------------

how was it guys?