Chapter 13 : Dance Competition.

Love School

 

The two teenagers are walking together toward one destination where a boy seems to be really nervous, while a girl next to her is completely expressionless.

“Yah! You haven’t talk even for once after we left my house. Are you sick?” asked the boy but of course, since that girl seems to be like in her own world, he got no response.

“JUNG JESSICA!!!” he shouted.

“What? Why are you shouting?!  You made me shock!” finally, she replied.

“Ah, seems like you’re not sick.” The boy just smiles.

“Youngbae-ah, can you go by yourself? I think I need to go home now since…” but before Jessica could finish her line, he cut her by dragging her toward a house.

“Don’t even think to leave me with her alone. After all, I think I might die from this nervousness when she’s in front of me. You need to be there too,” with his strictly voice, he said.

“But..”

“No but!”

Jessica sigh for a second before nodded and that for sure made Youngbae smiles.

Now, they’re right in front of Sunye’s house. Jessica immediately ring the bell and with a blink of eyes, Sunye already open the door to happily greet her friend.

“Jessica!! How was…..” but now her eyes stick to a boy next to her friend. “…..it?”

Youngbae, who is trying to cover his nervousness, just smile, “Hi Sunye. You don’t look sick at all,” and his eyes then stick to a girl with a poker face next to him, Jessica.

Sunye, who is also look at Jessica, can feel something is wrong with her friend.

“Sica-ah. Are you okay?”

“I’m okay. Ah, I think I’m going to go home today after packing since we already start school tomorrow.”

“Oh, okay,” Sunye replied just before Jessica left to go inside Sunye’s room. Now her attention is on a boy in front of her. “What did you do to her?”

“I don’t know. She was all hyper before we left my house, and she suddenly kept silent on the way here,” he tried to explain and his face was like ‘it’s not my fault, really!!’ He suddenly remember something, “Oh by the way, you look fine.”

“Pardon?”

“Oh I mean, healthy. You don’t look like a sick person at all. Jessica told me that you cannot even wake up from your bed.”

Sunye suddenly let out a big laugh, which make Youngbae shocked. “I see, another victim.”

“Eh?”

“Never mind. Oh, come in.” Sunye wave her hand a little, giving a signal to Youngbae to come in, which he follows.

But being in the living room, just two of them, they just kept silent. Don’t really know what to talk. With a little courage, he started a conversation.

“Sunye-ah, I have something to tell you…”

“What?”

But then he cannot continue it. All he does was practicing how to express it in his mind. ‘I like you. No no no, that’s too aggressive. Do you like me? Oh that’s a big no. she might feel shy about it. How to start? How Youngbae?!’

Then his eyes fixed on a girl with her bag on her back, walking pass the living room. Without hesitating, he run straight to that girl and be in front of her, trying to stop her walking.

“Yah Jessica. You need to help me here. You need to be the one who tell her about the whole thing.  It is just so awkward if I tell her, and I don’t know where to start.” He begged.

With no expression, Jessica then face Sunye, “Sunye-ah. Youngbae likes you and he’s not dating Gyuri. It is just misunderstanding. And he really likes you a lot.”

With Youngbae currently stunned, Jessica then walked out of the house, “Bye Sunye, thanks for everything.” She walked to her house, leaving the two of her friends speechless.

 

---

“I’m home,” she shouted before going straight to her room upstairs. After throwing her bag on bed, she immediately switches on her computer.

Jessica’s POV

What is on his mind? Am I too stupid for him? What am I to him? Ah, look like you’re always On. And I can’t believe I told you about Jaejoong, I mean, about YOURSELF!!!

BUZZ

cold_guy: Wow, finally you’re on.

Why? Why am I feeling this little weird feeling? Why am I feel like I’m glad that it’s him? And why do my heart beats this fast? Am I…. really mad?

cold_guy: hello… anybody there?

This feeling, damn, I feel like crying now? No Jessica. You’re not watching any sad movie now, but you precious enemy just lied to you! Precious, is he that precious? Of course he is, he’s Kim Jaejoong. Stop it, Jessica. Remember what he has done to you years ago. But, he seems nice lately. No, he’s not! Whew, then just let it be like before. Is it okay?

ice_princess: yeah..

cold_guy: what are you doing?

ice_princess: just came back from my friend’s house.

cold_guy: oh, it must be fun, you holiday.

Ice_princess: maybe, since so many things happened. Sorry, but I don’t feel like I’m in mood to chat now. Feels so tired. Sorry.

Cold_guy: Oh it’s okay. Go get some rest. Take care.

Yeah, it’s better to avoid him for now. Now, off the laptop, and go sleep. Your bed is calling.

Bed, you know I miss you right. But why cant I get him out of my head.

End of Jessica’s POV

Jessica then closed her eyes, trying to sleep. But when she closed her eyes, all she saw are those memories of her and Jaejoong. The moments when they laughed, fight, arguing and even that one kiss during the play.

‘Ahh!’

She now opened her eyes, knowing that it will be useless to force herself. After a while, she opened the drawer next to her bed, just to see a very neat portrait of herself that have been framed nicely. Now the moment when Jaejoong gave her this frame, which it perfectly fit with the puzzle portrait that she received from someone she doesn’t know, play in her head. She then takes out the frame, and below that was a photo, of her in a shock face and Jaejoong whose arm is around her shoulder.

‘..Oh, so this is your girlfriend? Yeppoda..Ready?..’

She still can remember that ahjumma’s voice and Jaejoong’s happy face at that moment when they tried to follow Seungri and Sunmi.  (refer chapter 10: Secret love)

‘Why am I not feeling mad at all?’

With the smile Jessica then sleep, with both portrait and photo in her arm, close to her heart.

----

As Jessica enters the classroom, she felt like she is now in the market where it was just too loud. Everyone are talking, sharing stories, showing vacation pictures and some are talking about their new hair-cut too. She looks straight to her desk, and feels relieved. Jaejoong is not here yet, and Sunye is also not at her desk.

‘Wait, I don’t know what happened to Sunye and Youngbae after Ieft yesterday. Ah, forget about Jae now, lets focus on the newest gossip. And I’m very sure Sooyoung, Yuri and Sungmin never heard of this.’

But before she can go to Yuri’s desk, Youngbae already grabs her hand and dragged her to talk outside of the class. Since that since is rarely happened, so all the people in the class were extremely shock. Come on, Youngbae and Jessica? They rarely look at each other.

“Yah Jessica! What the hell did you do yesterday?” Youngbae roll his eyes, try to convince Jessica that he is mad.

“Er. Am I the one who should ask that question, right? What did you do yesterday, after I left?” Jessica now excited.

Youngbae, who is now smiling shyly just look at her, “Well..I..”

“What?”

“I ran out from her house,” he smiled.

“WHAT?!! You stu..” Jessica nearly cursed.

“Then what did you expect me to do? You know that I’m not familiar with girls for like, YEARS.” Again, Youngbae rolled his eyes.

“Hey, you just dragged A GIRL out of the class just now, if you’re remember.” She highlight the word ‘girl’ so that Youngbae understand what she really means.

“Well, you’re not really a girl like…”

“Oh WHAT?!” Now, she is mad.

“Yah, forget about it and just help me with Sunye after you ruined everything yesterday!” and he is also mad.

“How can I forget about you’re saying that I’m not a girl!!!!”

Suddenly, a pretty walk pass them with a cheerful smile, “Wow, are you guys having scandal right now?”

“SHUT UP TIFFANY!!” both of them yelled and make the girl shocked.

“You guys are so mean,” with a sad tone, Tiffany look like she wants to cry and run to her classroom but unfortunately, the two mad people just ignore her.

“Now Jessica, concentrate on this. Help me with Sunye,” begged Youngbae.

“Call me a girl first,”

“Fine. Jessica Jung is a girl.”

“Thank you. Now, we need a plan,” Jessica look as focus as usual like when she was into a new gossip. “Don’t you have one?”

“Well, I’m not good in planning this kind of thing,” Youngbae smiled.

“We can help,” Yunho suddenly appeared from the class’s door.

“We?” Youngbae and Jessica asked and suddenly all of their classmates show themselves from the door and windows, meaning they have been eavesdropped since Younbae dragged Jessica out.

While everyone are smiling GD shout in panic, “OMG, she’s coming!” pointing at a girl from afar who is climbing the stairs. Like a flash, all of them moves to their desk and act like nothing happened. With their professional skills in acting, they succeed to fool Sunye, who don’t even have a clue about what just happened.

After a while, Jessica now feel like her heart might drop when she saw Jaejoong, who is just coming, entered the classroom and moves to his desk, which is just beside Jessica.

‘Yah, heart. Stop beating.’

Then, Jessica shakes her head.

‘No, I mean, beat slower than this, like you always did.’

She realized that she need something to calm her down, maybe talking to him. So that everything can be just like before.

“You’re late.” She greeted.

“Eh?”

“I mean, you’re always earlier than me,” Jessica smirked.

“Aha, look likes someone keep her eyes on me everyday.” Jaejoong let out her cheeky smile.

“NO!”

But then she remembers something and immediately checks her drawer, and even on the floor. There’s no piece of puzzle.

‘Is it…really him?’ Now her eyes are fixed to a guy next to her, and he looks back.

“What?”

Before she can answer him, their teacher already enters the class, meaning the first lesson start.

The class goes on and on and as usual, most of the students there is not fully concentrate on the teacher since History is like a lullaby for them. But the unusual thing was, they’re passing this piece of paper to the whole class without the teacher, Sunye and Youngbae knowing it.

 

But when it reached Jaejoong, he looks a bit confuse. Jessica, knowing that he might need the explanation take out a paper and a small chat with Jaejoong.

[IMG]/IMG]

He looks at her for a confirmation and she just nodded.

---

 

KRINGGG!!!

“Okay don’t forget to submit you work tomorrow okay,” the teacher then walked out the classroom. Suddenly like a flash, the classroom look almost empty since the only people left are Sunye and Youngbae, speechlessly.

Youngbae then immediately run toward the door and try to open in, unfortunately, it was locked from the outside. Jessica, who is just open the window just smile from outside, “Settle you own thing guys. We’ll be back after  we’re full,” with her tapping his stomach, she then closed the window and run to the café with the others.

“JE SSI CA JUNG!!” Sunye just shouted out. Youngbae who never saw Sunye like that, is just surprise from what he saw. They looked at each other and smiles awkwardly afterward. Adding to their awkward situation, the other students who just walk by the class just look at them weirdly. Thinking what is just happening to the class.

“This is embarrassing,” Sunye sighs.

“Pardon,”

“ People outside are giving us that weird look. Its just embarrassing.”

“Oh,” with his blank mind, that is all he can say. ‘Maybe this is my only chance.’ And with his high determination, he moves to the back of the class and sit at Jaejoong’s place, which is exactly behind Sunye. “Er, about what Jessica said yesterday. Well, it’s the truth.”

And then both of them cannot even say a word after that. Each of them keep thinking what should they say, but then never let it out because of the shyness.

“Ah, before I forgot.” Youngbae stands up and walk back to his sit just to take out a red box from his bag, and give it to her.

“What is this?” she asked.

“Just a small present, to thank you for tutoring me.”

“Oh,” and she tried to open it.

“DON’T OPEN IT YET.” Sounds panic, Youngbae shouted and make Sunye  holds back her intention to open the box. “Well, wait until they’re back.”

“Oh, okay,” although she is still confuse, but she just do whatever he asked.

Both of them keep silent and to their own thing until the door opened and GD popped up, follow by the others.

“Sunye-ah~~~,” GD runs toward Sunye just to be hit by her on his head, “Ouch!”

“Shut up!! How can you guys do this to me!!”

Ignoring Sunye’s bad mood, Jessica just cheerfully asked, “How was it?”

“What?”

“It~!” she whispered while pointing at Sunye and Younbae repeatedly.

“Nothing!”

With unison, Jessica, GD, Taeyeon, Kangin, Sunmi, Yuri, Sooyoung and Sungmin who are also there sigh in frustration.

“You guys are boring,” said Yuri and all of them just go back to their sits.

Sunye just smile and not her concentration is fully on the red box since all her friends already left. She opened it just to see a novel from her favorite author is in there. ‘How can he know I was searching for this?’

When she opened the first page, there is a white paper, with a long written note on it.

‘Dear Min Sunye,

I heard you’re talking with Jessica about this novel that you want it so badly. So, since you already did a lot me, it’s my time to do something for you too. Today is your last day as my tutor friend. I thought I will be very happy since you know how much I hate to study.  But it is also means that you will never come to my house again. And that make me feel like I lose something important to me. I know we can meet at school, but it is just so different. I’m so sorry to feel that way.

Being able to get to know you, I feel like I am blessed by God. I know that I became you burden on the first day we start the tutor thingy, but again, I am so sorry to say this. I am glad about that. Seeing that you care for me, seeing that you cry because of me, seeing that your head just full of my problems, I am just happy. I’m sorry if its hurt you, but I feel like I’m being loved.

Yes, I am not a guy who can express his feeling really well. It is just a natural me to make the one I love suffer and hide the truth about my real feeling. I don’t know why. But then, when I love someone, I believe that I will protect her forever. Can you be that someone for me? I promise you, I will never let you hurt anymore, I will never let that tears fall from your eyes, just because of me. I promise. And can I say, I love you? Is it legal?

p/s : I know that I’m not really a good match for you since you’re the top student in this class and I, well, you know where am I rite? Keke. But I still love you and want you to be that someone. Well, just saying.

Love,

Dong Youngbae.’

 

Sunye finally smiled and look at Youngbae, who is currently looking at her too. She nodded as the other side is smiling happily.

---

“1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8” Yunho keeps on counting the beats as the five of them are dancing to their routine.  The choreography are sharply portray by them at the same time the synchronization is perfect. Jung Yunho leads the other four, Eunhyuk, Hyoyeon, Sohee and Donghae that were selected as the school’s representative in the annual dance competition that open to any high school in the country. While five of them are dancing, at the corner of the dancing room, Jessica, GD and Yuri are waiting for their friends, and currently being amazed by what they just saw.

“Woah! They’re amazing. It is like super cool. No wonder we won last year too,” Jessica cannot take her eyes out of them.

“Well, look who’s the leader,” Yuri feels proud.

“Uwelk.” GD and Jessica just act like they want to vomit and that make Yuri laughs.

“Who’s the other guy, next to Hyoyeon?” asked GD after a while. “He’s good too.”

“Oh, it’s Donghae from 3-C. He is Heechul’s neighbor before Heechul moved,” Jessica explain but then she got the response that she never expected.

“Heechul? OMG, does he knows where is Heechul now?” Yuri then excited while clap her hand.

“Yeah, so that we can find him,” nodding hardly, GD also express his excitement.

“What is actually happened? Why all of you are looking for Heechul, and even Jae asked me about him too,” Jessica now feels like something is not right.

“Well, you know…” Yuri then tried to cover something.

“What?”

Before Yuri can answer her, Sohee then come sit next to Jessica, covered with sweats.

“Ah, it is so tiring today. The routine is hard,” Sohee keeps wiping her sweat with her hand and GD immediately give her a towel and water while Yunho joined them.

“I am so nervous. We already have a week to practice.Huh!” Yunho let out his worry.

“You guys are already great. Don’t worry too much,” Yuri tried to cheer for his boyfriend and the team.

Eunhyuk and Hyoyeon then walk pass them and smirk.

“Yunho-ah, since you dated her, you never have time for us. I miss hanging out with you,” Eunhyuk tried to get Yunho’s attention.

“Yeah, it’s so true,” second Hyoyeon.

And Yunho just laughed out loud, “Yah, you already have Hyoyeon.”

“But it will be more fun if there are more people,” Eunhyuk still want to win.

“Then, join us,” suggested Yuri but regret it later after hearing their response from Hyoyeon.

“No way. I always believe that we talk in a different language,” Hyoyeon replied, arrogantly.

“Yeah,” and just like everyone expect, Eunhyuk just agreed with her before both of them left the room.

“What is that?” Jessica tried to control her laugh from explode as she find it is just so funny and GD just shrug.

“Just don’t take them seriously. They’re like the dumbest in the group, well, along with Youngbae of course,” Yunho tried to bring back the fun atmosphere.

“Well, we can see that already,” Sohee then widen her eyes.

----

Seven days passed as the competition is held in the Seoul City Hall where 25 schools from around the country participated in it. The big crowd can be seen as most of them come to cheer for their schools.

“Sohee-ah!!” Jessica shouted as she saw a little girl wearing a red shirt that have a word ‘participant’ on the back.

“Woah, thanks for coming guys,” Sohee then let out her smile to greet Jessica, GD, Sunye and her sister, Seohyun, Kangin, Taeyeon, Sunmi, Sooyoung, Sungmin and Yuri.

“Of course we will never miss anything fun like this, right Yuri?” Sooyoung then look at a girl next to her who is currently looking at the far left corner where the Jae’s gang gather.

“I believe her heart and mind is not here anymore,” Sungmin then shakes her head, feel pity toward Yuri.

“Just go and greet him,” Jessica gives suggestion.

“That’s a big no. I cannot stand the rude Hyoyeon and Eunhyuk.” after imagining what happened last week, Yuri then shakes her head, hard.

“Aha, she has a point there,” GD pointed to Yuri and agrees.

“Thanks God, I’m not dating one of them,” said Taeyeon happily.

“Me too, me too, me too,” with his childish side, GD then grab Sohee’s arm and do his usual aegyo toward Sohee, but he end up being pushed by Sohee on his head..

“Stop it!”

“Well, it is not the matter that you date someone from them or not. It is just our Yuri is soooo in love with Yunho, that’s all,” finally, Sunye let out what that have been in her mind.

“Oh My God! Someone feels so butthurt now,” said Kangin, sarcastically.

“No I’m not!”

Jessica then clap her hand, “Oh, sorry. Totally forgot about it.”

“Shut up already!”

As they kept teasing Sunye, the nervousness in Sohee’s heart is fade away for a little. She is really glad that she met them and has been give friend like them.

----

 

In the waiting room, Yunho gathered all five of them to give the last and final briefing about what they should give the extra attention. They’re also giving support to each other, help each other and try to remain calm.

“Sweet Teens High School, you guys are next. Please get ready,” One of the staff there just open the door to make them alert.

“Come on guys, lets do the last cheer,” Yunho then gather all of them. They put their hand together and shout, “STHS Fighting!”

They walked out from the room and running toward the stage. The hallway look so crowded and they even need to avoid some people to move. Suddenly, one of the staff there just hit the tall stack and unfortunately, the big steel box that is used to keep the camera tools there just drop down to hit Hyoyeon’s head. But before it could hit her, Eunhyk is faster than that and push Hyoyeon to the other side and the steel box drop on his right leg. Everyone there are shocked and cannot even say anything.

Hyoyeon, who saw that in front of her eyes, cannot help but to cry from worriness.

“Eunhyuk-ah,” she ran toward Eunhyuk and try to move the heavy box.

“My leg,”

Yunho, Donghae and Sohee who are just already at the front, turn back to Eunhyuk and help him.

“Eunhyuk-ah, are you okay?” Yunho looked really worried as he tried help his friend.

“My leg…”

And all eyes are on Eunhyuk’s leg whis is turn into blue color and swelling like crazy.

Suddenly, Sohee just shouted to the staff near them, “WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING AT? GO GET THE PARAMEDIC TEAM!! “ and that make the staff immediately run to get them.

“I think we need to send him to the hospital,” suggested Donghae and everyones agreed.

“NO! You guys should perform,” Eunhyuk tried to convince them.

“But..” Hyoyeon still cannot stop her tears from falling as Eunhyuk just wiper them out.

“Please, take the trophy for me,” now, he faced Hyoyeon who are really down. Everyone there are just silent, don’t want to argue.

“Come on guys. Lets do it. This is the new position,” Yunho take out a piece of paper and a pen just to conduct them on the new position as the paramedic team takes Eunhyuk to the hospital.

“Guys, we can do this! For Eunhyuk!” shouted Yunho.

Sohee, who see the still crying Hyoyeon just go approaching her, “Unnie, lets do this for him. He trusted us.” And Hyoyeon just nodded.

“Now, the most anticipated crew for this competition. Our last year winner from Sweet Teens High School, introducing The STHS crew!!”

As the four of them performing on stage, their friends down there are thinking about where is Eunhyuk and what happened.

Jessica : Where is Eunhyuk?

Sunye : I don’t know. Did something bad happened?

GD : But look at them. Although they seems to be missing a member, but this…. This is just amazing. It is even better than when thay’re practice.

Sooyoung: Yeah, it looks like they’re not just dancing the steps. But they dance with all they got, and it shows how sincere they are in dancing.

Sunmi : Omg, I feel like crying.

 

Sfter the performance, most of the audiences are giving them a standing ovation, and some of them are even shed tears. All of Jessica and Jaejoong groups are rushing to the backstage, worrying that something bad might happened. And all of them not are in the waiting room for their dance team.

“What happened guys? Where is Eunhyuk?” asked Jaejoong, worried.

“And now Hyo is missing too. What happened,” Yoona looks around just to see that Hyoyeon is also not there.

Yunho finally tell them the actual story and all of them are in shocked. They cannot even believe that something like this can actually happened, just before they go on stage.

“Hyoyeon already there with Eunhyuk as she ran to the hospital right after the performance. You guys can go to the hospital. Donghae and I will handle things here,” Sohee suggested as she saw all of them are really worried.

“No. I think Yunho should stay to help you guys out here since he’s the leader,” and everyone just nodded, meaning they agreed with Jaejoong.

“Oh, we’ll stay here with them, then. You guys should go now.” Jessica now offer her help.

“Thanks,” Jaejoon faces Jessica.

“Just go,” but she just pull him, meaning that they should hurry. Jaejoong, Siwon, Yoona and Youngbae now run toward the main door of the hall as fast as they can.

------

Hyoyeon slowly opened the door as the nurse said that she can go in to meet the patient.

“Woah, you’re sure really fast,” Eunhyuk joked while smiling at her.

“Yah, are you okay?” her tears suddenly dropped.

“Haha, why are you crying?” Eunhyuk still laugh and act like nothing happened.

“Yah, don’t joke around. I’m so damn worry about you.”

“How was the competition?” he asked.

“It must be better if you’re there with us,” she sighs.

“I’m so proud of you guys. It doesn’t matter if we win it or not,” Eunhyuk smiles.

“How’s your leg?”

“Well, the doctor said it’s cracked,”

“Oh my….”

“Haha, no worries. At least my mom will be happy about this since she really wants me to stop dancing and concentrate on the books.” Eunhyuk still laughed lightly.

“This is not the time to laugh!!!” Hyoyeon just shouted and that makes the atmosphere feels awkward.

“Yah, why so serious?” Eunhyuk tried to calm Hyoyeon and convince her that he’s fine.

Suddenly, the door is opened and Jaejoong and the others enter the room, wearing a worry look on their faces.

“How’s your leg,” asked the leader of the group.

“Nothing much. It just cracked.”

“You seriously called that nothing?,” Siwon interrupted.

“It’s all my fault. If he didn’t push me…” Hyoyeon still crying.

“No, it’s not your fault. I just have the bad luck, that’s all,” Eunhyuk then hold Hyoyeon’s hand, try to comfort her.

“Yeah, don’t blame yourself,” Youngbae also tried to comfort Hyoyeon after he becomes more open toward girls now.

“But if…”

“Stop it, Hyo.”

The door now is open again as Yunho, Donghae and Sohee entered, follow by Jessica and the ohers.

“How was the result,” Yoona asked as she really expect a good news.

“We just….won.” With a poker face, Yunho just take out the trophy where he hides at his back and walks toward Eunhyuk. “This is for you.”

And everyones there are carefully cheer so that it wont be too loud since there are at the hospital now. After a little celebration all of them are ready to go home and leave Hyoyeon alone with Eunhyuk.

“Take care,” as Jaejoong wished for Eunhyuk, they close the door and seperatedly go to their home.

“Why Hyoyeon doesn’t want to leave yet? Are they dating?” Yuri asked as she walked with Yunho to her house.

“Haha. No. They’re not dating, yet. Well, you know, there are some people like them, where they are already fall for each other without realize it yet. It like, everyone knows they love each other, except for them. It just take times, maybe,” Yunho tried to explain.

“Ah. Life is so complicated.”